Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.3]

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:54 am

I hate to be the bearer of bad bugs, but has the debug version been updated? Because I'm still getting the bug where it says you're full when you eat a predator with prey inside him. Also, the Apex Predator start appears to be severely bugged. It keeps crashing as soon as I digest a predator.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:02 am

I did some experimenting for this, and I went back to the 17.1 version, and digesting predators seems to work properly. It seems like something else may have broken when you were fixing the bug with digesting full preds.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:03 am

invidiasyren wrote:Though I think you've already gotten it sorted, I'll just answer anyway.
1. Trogg Berserker I believe
2. It was not an ally
3. The Mystic was my ally
4. The Mystic killed it in the same turn that it was freed.

Also, another thing I've been meaning to ask, but it seems like panthers have a 100% swallow chance on you. The only time I ever encounter one is when it swallows me from stealth.

Yeah, for some reason I had that code in a really weird place, allowing prey, like troggs, to attack each other.

Both panthers and serpents have a 100% chance to swallow from stealth by design, but I'll admit that it prevents you from interacting with those creatures in other ways. In the next version, they will have an increased chance to hit instead of a guaranteed swallow.

invidiasyren wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad bugs, but has the debug version been updated? Because I'm still getting the bug where it says you're full when you eat a predator with prey inside him. Also, the Apex Predator start appears to be severely bugged. It keeps crashing as soon as I digest a predator.

Well, crap. I'll get to it soon; try to share as many details as you can, especially if you can reproduce it.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:22 am

I'm not really sure what to say, because now it's not just when I digest something. I redownloaded the version on the first page and it just constantly crashes, but when I go back to the 0.17.1 version it works fine.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.4]

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:51 am

0.17.4: Details in the changelog.

Yeah, this was a stupid mistake but also an easy fix. I was so focused on testing player vore on full prey that I didn't stop to consider how that might affect empty prey. I also fixed an odd bug that caused vore variables to clear incorrectly when something is digested. I did a playthrough of the first couple of depths on Apex start, so hopefully things should be okay now.

On the bright side, this means the panther/serpent change is in now.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jadex » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:52 am

Myconid32 wrote:0.17.4: Details in the changelog.

Yeah, this was a stupid mistake but also an easy fix. I was so focused on testing player vore on full prey that I didn't stop to consider how that might affect empty prey. I also fixed an odd bug that caused vore variables to clear incorrectly when something is digested. I did a playthrough of the first couple of depths on Apex start, so hopefully things should be okay now.

go get em boss, slay those mistakes
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby bahamut24 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:15 am

i tried 17.4

i devoured gecko filled with trogg. once i finished digested them at once, i am remain full and unable to devour any further enemies then as soon as i enter new floor by stair, game crashed

not sure if it is wine+mac or sort
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.5]

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:23 am

0.17.5: Details in the changelog.

...Things keep happening.

Hokay, so. The game has been having trouble telling when exactly to tell the player that they no longer have prey, mostly because it doesn't yet know whether to kill the nested prey or release them into the player (ie. were they digested by the between-pred or not). I think I've resolved this by having the nested prey call the release function even if they should be dead; now the release function can tell and will kill the nested prey if necessary, freeing up the player to devour more prey. Worst case, the nested prey will get dumped into the player and get digested anyway, rather than floating in the void and crashing the game.

Sorry this has been such a recurring issue. I'm a bad pred.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.5]

Postby bahamut24 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:57 pm

i tried ur newest version
i devoured trogg and digested. i am still full despite already digested
as i found gecko full, i kill it and game crashed :(
i tried again and found wolf (full), it digested bandit and still is full then i kill it and game crashed
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.6]

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:08 pm

0.17.6: Details in the changelog.

This is such an obvious problem that I'm upset it keeps slipping by. Maybe it'll work now? I hope so.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SpunkyWolf » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:42 am

Oh hell yes, updates! Thank you for continuing to work on this excellent game, Myconid~
SpunkyWolf
New to the forum

Postby xmarkx » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:44 am

Gotta say, I'm impressed by some of the new text lines.
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:38 pm

SpunkyWolf wrote:Oh hell yes, updates! Thank you for continuing to work on this excellent game, Myconid~

xmarkx wrote:Gotta say, I'm impressed by some of the new text lines.

I assume from the lack of news otherwise that everything is in working order again, so I'll start on the next content update soon.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ledatic » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:51 pm

I love this game's expansion of detail. Job well done, I can't wait for more enemies to, uh, press O next to? ^^;
Ledatic
New to the forum

Postby WickidyWack » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:47 pm

I see you're really pushing out content lately. I hope this means you're feeling well and are enjoying the time you have to spend on this mod.

I want to bring it up because it's something I miss (tho I'm probably the only one who cares.) After the recent updates when prey gets fully digested off screen there is no longer a scat pile left behind. Seeing all the prey disappear from the level and having no post-vore remains doesn't feel as fun :/
Just putting that out there, dunno if it's an easy fix or worth it at all.
WickidyWack
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:05 am

0.17.7: Details in the changelog.

WickidyWack wrote: After the recent updates when prey gets fully digested off screen there is no longer a scat pile left behind. Seeing all the prey disappear from the level and having no post-vore remains doesn't feel as fun :/

Actually that is a bug. Being offscreen is supposed to hide the disposal message (since you can't see it happening), but I accidentally hid the entire process. I've fixed it.

Also, I've reintroduced a mechanic from the base game that causes enemies from later/earlier levels to sometimes appear in your depth. I'm hoping this lets people see some more variety every now and then, and hopefully it won't make things too difficult.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jadex » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:36 am

Myconid32 wrote:0.17.7: Details in the changelog.

WickidyWack wrote: After the recent updates when prey gets fully digested off screen there is no longer a scat pile left behind. Seeing all the prey disappear from the level and having no post-vore remains doesn't feel as fun :/

Actually that is a bug. Being offscreen is supposed to hide the disposal message (since you can't see it happening), but I accidentally hid the entire process. I've fixed it.

Also, I've reintroduced a mechanic from the base game that causes enemies from later/earlier levels to sometimes appear in your depth. I'm hoping this lets people see some more variety every now and then, and hopefully it won't make things too difficult.

I thought something seemed off but i couldn't quite put my finger on it
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.7]

Postby bahamut24 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:41 am

not sure what trigger crash but it could be from wine program

time to time i reached 3rd floor, once a while game would crash
for most recently, i used mouse to click to auto-walk to spot, while doing so it crashed mid-way
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eat meh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:58 am

Been playing around with the new updates that introduced food-hunger/nutrition, and it feels like the amount of food to be found in the dungeon could be increase by just a hair. Most games I don't encounter any by the time I hit even floor six [admittedly as far as I can ever get], which makes things dicey in terms of sheer survival.
Eat meh
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:57 am

Eat meh wrote:Been playing around with the new updates that introduced food-hunger/nutrition, and it feels like the amount of food to be found in the dungeon could be increase by just a hair. Most games I don't encounter any by the time I hit even floor six [admittedly as far as I can ever get], which makes things dicey in terms of sheer survival.

That's a bit strange. They're coded to appear every 2-3 levels. Are you thoroughly exploring each level? Also, the food is designed to keep you from abusing the Rest mechanic too much, so try to find other healing options like bloodwort before you start resting.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game