Quitting midway through an rp and/or never replying

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Quitting midway through an rp and/or never replying

Postby Grimlock » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Something that has happened to me quite a few times lately is this
I either contact or get contacted by someone in seeking rp, we set up a scenario same with what we want and don´t want in the scenario i ask should i start or do you want to?
Most of the time i get you should start, and so i do and then.. nothing...
No reply no nothing... just silence.
Other times we get a few posts into the rp and then just silence.

Later i see some of them re-post their seeking partner threat on the Seeking Partner section of this forum.
Okay.. so did you not like our RP did you want something to change or why did you just quit without saying a word..?

I can´t help but getting a little pissed of at this, if you wanted something to change in the rp or found out that this just wasn´t you well then say so.
I am no mind reader and i don´t know if you are getting uncomfortable with something in the rp, if you are say so and perhaps we can figure out a compromise that satisfy both partners, don´t just leave.
If you get ill or busy at work or life, just throw in message saying, "I will be extremely busy these next couple of days i might be able to continue next Friday or Saturday i will let you know once i know more."
That way i know when to expect you back or if i should just cancel the rp outright.

Sorry for the ranting nature of this post, but it is something i have seen quite a few times and as said it does kinda piss me off.

So what are your opinions on this? Is the silent treatment just the new way of sending messages saying you don´t want to continue or what?
Grimlock
Somewhat familiar

Re: Quitting midway through an rp and/or never replying

Postby ThisGuy127 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 am

I'll admit that I'm definitely guilty of floating away mid RP due to one reason or another. Nothing that had to do with the quality of an RP or my partner at the time, but because I either lost track of it in the moment or some IRL event taking my focus away from it. There's a few wonderful RPs I'd love to come back to, but considering some of them I've not responded to in over 6 months time of real life keeping me busy, I've assumed that my partner at the time has lost interest in waiting on me.

I'd say your frustration is totally justified, but I will also say that some people might just get wrapped up in real life and not have much of a chance to really explain their situation or when they'd be able to return. So I wouldn't take a lack of a response personally.
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ray » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:17 am

The last time I RP'd was a few years ago. It started off really great and I was enjoying it but then my partner just disappeared and never returned. :(
Ray
Participator

Postby silverspec » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:32 am

it's annoying, I at least tell the person that their style of responding is doing nothing for me instead of just ghosting
One man's insanity is another man's genius; someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity.
silverspec
Somewhat familiar

Postby Komodorazor » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:58 am

Yeah, this problem has been going on with me for a while. A good number of people I try to rp with usually don't reply back when we are discussing or having an rp. Though I may be a bit guilty of ghosting myself.
Komodorazor
---

Postby shortprey20 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:10 am

I have had this happen a few times myself and it is a bit of a pet peeve so I'm glad to hear a few other people have had this issue and are frustrated. Honestly it's just ruined RP for me so I don't usually do it anymore.
shortprey20
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:28 am

Yup! And not just for RP but talking in general.

I think people lose interest or some other bs gets in the way, whether it be the fault of the individual or fate.

I always try to tell my RP partner if I am not going to be up for the RP and will try to get back into it. Always.

The frustrations and struggles are real, as well as thoroughly justified, but don't go postal, because the six-gun will get ya. lol
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Nekiame » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:45 am

I've had this happen for the majority of RP's I've done here on eka's, so I know the feeling all to well. It's sort of made me keep RP between me and my friends and I rarely try to find someone new to RP with unless I've built some kind of friendship with them. It's a bit sad, considering some of the people I've started RP's with seem so eager and willing to RP, only to go silent, even if I send a reply to check how they are doing.
I can understand some dont have to much freetime or get busy, that's fair, but I'd want some kind of responce showing that (and to those saying they might not have time to reply, I check my messages and can see that they've read the ones I've sent, so they got time enough to see messages. A quick "sorry, life got busy, I'll reply when I can." should be doable.)
Nekiame
Participator

Postby Noxyoursox » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:49 am

I have a lot of social anxiety and have been guilty of ghosting sometimes for that reason...not because I had a problem with the rp, but because I'm nervous about interacting with another person (especially with kinky stuff which feels very personal/vulnerable to me). I just stopped rping altogether after a while because I felt guilty about leaving people hanging like that.
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby Ghrelin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:42 am

I've left RPs hanging once or twice when life got in the way, but I try to at least warn people OOC when I'm having a hard time posting so that they're not confused if I disappear. I ask the same of my partners, which I don't think is asking very much, but it seems more often than not that they disappear without warning anyway. I assume they've lost interest and just didn't know how to say it, but it's still frustrating, especially with how common it is.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bella747 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:16 pm

This piece of shit have been happening to me after like 3 occurances to middle of the roleplay.... Its really unappreciate without warning.. Communication is the high key....
bella747
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:40 am

That's one of the reason I don't roleplay anymore, both in and out the vore community. It seems to be a much more common occurence in instant messaging/quick roleplays because people can jack it and completely lose interest the second they orgasm.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Filan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Or just never getting replies to RP requests when you reply to their LF post, Like if you do not want to do RP have the balls to say "Sorry not interested" to someone.
Elven Captain and Owner of the S.S. Hyperion, Hyperion Class Airship Luxury Liner Converted to Cargo hauler
Finest ship to fly the skies of Earth
Filan
???

Postby MisterEbony » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:39 am

Im guilty of this I confess... especially lately with life as crazy as it is. It has also hapoened to me in a couple cases where the other person has.... vanished.

Gosh I hate being guilty of this so much..... sniffle. .....
Voraphile, Furry, Brony, and Gamer.

Shall we play a game?
MisterEbony
???

Postby C107galaxytachyon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:33 pm

I’d say my problem lies more in my partners always blocking me on discord without giving me even a moment’s notice as to why.
C107galaxytachyon
Somewhat familiar

Postby bella747 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Communications is very important key!
bella747
Somewhat familiar

Postby C107galaxytachyon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:16 pm

Y'know, it might well help us all if we just try contacting said people on one-another's behalf: if you're all on board with such a concept.
C107galaxytachyon
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 am

C107galaxytachyon wrote:Y'know, it might well help us all if we just try contacting said people on one-another's behalf: if you're all on board with such a concept.

Now, here we have something that makes sense.
Of course, our mileage will vary because after all, this is Earth and the fucking internet...
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby ragnar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 pm

C107galaxytachyon wrote:Y'know, it might well help us all if we just try contacting said people on one-another's behalf: if you're all on board with such a concept.

This is a terrible idea and I really shouldn't have to expain why.

Blocking someone on a social platform may be, or look like, a dick move, but that's still in the person's rights, and a very clear and explicit request from that person to not be contacted anymore.
Using other people to circumvent this block is to violate their express and explicit desire. It's pretty much the same mindset behind stalking, or having other people stalk someone for you. And aside from being both wrong and a very socially inept (if not straight abusive) move, it also isn't likely to accomplish anything else than freaking the person out, and possibly consolidate their decision to cut contacts with you.
ragnar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 am

C107galaxytachyon wrote:I’d say my problem lies more in my partners always blocking me on discord without giving me even a moment’s notice as to why.

Wow. Quitting and never replying is one thing, but blocking? Like, why? That's so weird.
Kitsouille
???

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion