Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.3.2b by InternIsla

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What type of empire do you play?

Pred empire
53%
Prey empire
26%
Alt-vore empire
21%

Total votes : 931

Re: Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.15

Postby Vennaya » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:56 pm

So what exactly does this mod do that Devouring Swarms doesn't already do in the vanilla game? Is it similar? like if a predator species was to invade and annex a planet of a prey empire, you'd start eating those pops for food...?
Vennaya
Somewhat familiar

Postby Absentia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:35 am

Vennaya wrote:So what exactly does this mod do that Devouring Swarms doesn't already do in the vanilla game? Is it similar? like if a predator species was to invade and annex a planet of a prey empire, you'd start eating those pops for food...?

Nothing like that is in the mod yet, at the moment it's just traits and civics giving you bonuses and minuses to your empire and effects empire behaviour, but it's still the early days for the mod
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby CVprey » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:32 am

Wonder when the next update is gonna drop
CVprey
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ouroborus » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:23 am

CVprey wrote:Wonder when the next update is gonna drop

I'm working on the mod mostly as a personal project, which means I'm only working on it when I feel like it. This means sporadic updates, and is also one of the reasons I'm not jumping on the patreon/donation bandwagon. That said, if anyone wants to take initiative and try adding something to the mod (or making your own, it's really easy for the most part) feel free to use my code.
Creator of the Stellaris Vore mod
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby SteelVulpes7777 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:41 am

i have always found that a trait with a penalty and a positive, defeats the whole point. if there is a good perk the only penalty should be that its expensive. that is the resin the base game dose not have perks with both... you pick one or the other.
SteelVulpes7777
New to the forum

Postby Absentia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 am

I disagree, it's like a trade-off, and the perk usually outweighs the negative, I've actually added an edition to the lethal vore trait of a -10 years leader lifespan and made it 1 point cheaper, to try to simulate that they are not beyond eating each other as well as aliens, but then again I'm playing the mod from a more role-playing perspective than a mechanical one
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Midir » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:40 pm

Soooo... event ideas time?

So to start with, I find the vanilla raiding mechanics rather interesting! I havent explored it yet but if possible maybe we could create predatorish maradeur empires that would have tons of vore-themed events. Thinking of which, maybe it would be possible to recreate some devouring swarm mechanics, however less horror-ish and more diplomatic. They still tend to kidnap and eat pops from other planets, but they are not hivemind anymore and it's just a normal thing to do.

I think it would be interesting to try to create some sort of system of interaction between predatory and preyish empires. An NPC pred would "bully" preys, demanding pops, maybe aiming at turning preys into a subject state and consequently kidnapping a pop each N years, depending on the size of predatory empire's population. Maybe there could be a series of events which would prevent a powerful pred empire from attacking a weak prey in case the prey sells them pops? For example a predatory empire will have a huge boost to relations towards the prey empire, while the "demanding tribute" event would trigger once in a while. If the tribute is not paid they become enemies instantly.

Give a similar option for a PC pred and give them a chance to demand a pop from a weaker prey empire. Possibly a pop would be consumed like a resource and would provide bonuses for a certain period of time.

Next. Same but with primitives?

Next. Events within a multicultural empire where a leader with a pred trait would attempt to vore a prey or maybe even attack a random colleague. An action of this sort could potentially increase predator's lifespan or level them up. Sounds like you want to implement something similar with the UB civic?

Next. Add a bunch of free traits that cost 0 points which could give more depth to pred-prey interaction. Maybe a species with a "Feline" trait would be more prone to attacking a species that have a trait "Rodent"? Maybe attacking or enslaving (purging?) their natural prey would give them some huge bonuses? Or if we talk about predatory NPC empires maybe they are simply more prone to seeking and attacking their natural preys?
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mudkip01 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:54 pm

I updated the race picture pack I made before with a new race in it with vore images

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11AwWF ... tJ7Xysb2U0

It will be under "Happy" still when selecting a race as well as having only female images for both the male and female slots
There is only like 20 - 30 images in the new race for now but I do plan on adding different species to choose from other than humans at some point
mudkip01
Been posting for a bit

Postby Absentia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:50 pm

mudkip01 wrote:I updated the race picture pack I made before with a new race in it with vore images

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11AwWF ... tJ7Xysb2U0

It will be under "Happy" still when selecting a race as well as having only female images for both the male and female slots
There is only like 20 - 30 images in the new race for now but I do plan on adding different species to choose from other than humans at some point

Missed this update, quite fond of the first one
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby OneShadeofViolet » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:53 am

Hope this mod is still getting developed
OneShadeofViolet
New to the forum

Postby NVI » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Giving a try
NVI
New to the forum

Postby NVI » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:40 pm

it doesn't start :/
NVI
New to the forum

Postby Ouroborus » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:32 am

NVI wrote:it doesn't start :/

Don't know what to tell you man, I've played a bunch of games with it. Did you add a bunch of mods at once? Are any outdated? Are you playing on an old version of Stellaris?
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Absentia » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Yeah I've never had a problem starting it, even with what you might call excessive amount of other mods
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby NVI » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Sorry, got asleep but now I'm back. Made it work (the issue is my shitty computer, not the mod nor the game) and even made some tinkering to mod it adding some additional things. Don't know too much about programming (everything I know about coding in Paradox games comes from failed attempts at modding Darkest Hour) but it's working. Made a few civics/traits icons but they look bad because I suck at editing. I will continue doing my modding over the original mod (thanks to the original modder and I hope doesn't get mad because of it) and find out how to post the results here.

Great idea. I have more ideas but have no clue how they could get implemented.
NVI
New to the forum

Postby redfearnmatt » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:39 pm

NVI wrote:Sorry, got asleep but now I'm back. Made it work (the issue is my shitty computer, not the mod nor the game) and even made some tinkering to mod it adding some additional things. Don't know too much about programming (everything I know about coding in Paradox games comes from failed attempts at modding Darkest Hour) but it's working. Made a few civics/traits icons but they look bad because I suck at editing. I will continue doing my modding over the original mod (thanks to the original modder and I hope doesn't get mad because of it) and find out how to post the results here.

What are you adding, exactly?
redfearnmatt
Been posting for a bit

Postby NVI » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Navel Vore and Navel Vore accessories :B
NVI
New to the forum

Postby Ouroborus » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:22 pm

NVI wrote:Sorry, got asleep but now I'm back. Made it work (the issue is my shitty computer, not the mod nor the game) and even made some tinkering to mod it adding some additional things. Don't know too much about programming (everything I know about coding in Paradox games comes from failed attempts at modding Darkest Hour) but it's working. Made a few civics/traits icons but they look bad because I suck at editing. I will continue doing my modding over the original mod (thanks to the original modder and I hope doesn't get mad because of it) and find out how to post the results here.

Nah man, mod to your heart's content
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby NVI » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:02 am

Ouroborus wrote:

:D
NVI
New to the forum

Postby redfearnmatt » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:02 am

NVI wrote:
Ouroborus wrote:

:D

If you don't mind me asking, what are you adding?
redfearnmatt
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game