Self aware vore stories

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Self aware vore stories

Postby 157and493 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:32 am

I have read several same size vore stories where the act of swallowing another person whole is seen as completely natural and normal within the confines of that story.
I have also read several vore stories where either the predator, the pery, or both are surprised by the fact that the predator managed to just swallow an entire person whole because something like that should be impossible.

This is not really an important aspect in vore to me personally, but I was wondering if it was to anyone else.
Do you prefer vore stories that portray vore as something normal and common, or do you like stories that portray vore as something unnatural and anomalous?
Of perhaps you are fine with both, or maybe you do not like either and prefer vore to be done differently, please let me know.
157and493
Participator

Re: Self aware vore stories

Postby Ghrelin » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:01 am

Either could work for me; it just depends on the story as a whole and how it's portrayed. But I prefer something in between, where it's known to be possible but not common or expected. Like having a world where either some or all people are physically capable of it and it's just as shocking and awful to most as any other form of murder; or maybe a rare predatory species that more ignorant folks either don't believe exists or don't believe can eat them, while those who know better accept both as fact.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheRPKing » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:06 am

I really like it when it's casual and common. The idea of someone swallowing, digesting, and disposing of their friend and acting all nonchalant about it turns me on a lot. But I do enjoy the latter too.
TheRPKing
Been posting for a bit

Postby Satay » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:22 am

TheRPKing wrote:I really like it when it's casual and common. The idea of someone swallowing, digesting, and disposing of their friend and acting all nonchalant about it turns me on a lot. But I do enjoy the latter too.

Does not have to be a friend but this is how I see it and like it as well :3
Feel free to check out my gallery -> https://aryion.com/g4/user/Satay ^^
Satay
New to the forum

Postby rabidPsionic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:27 pm

I think I like it better when it's an uncommon thing. It's kept on the down-low, the pred has to be secretive about who they eat, etc.
Doesn't mean I haven't seen any good universes where vore is commonly-known though. Some of my favorites come from those.
rabidPsionic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Peptidase » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:57 pm

I don't really have an opinion either way, both can be done really well. I just think It's hilarious to me that both situations exist in tandem within the community to the point where some stories just leave all the world building implied because we've all heard it all hundreds of times before, no matter what the scenario for the setting is.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby cranberryknights1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:36 am

I think I prefer it to be more uncommon but possible that way when it does happen its still shocking for people who witness it. Embarrassment and disgust is a big part of the appeal for the preys emotions to be expressed but surprise and bewilderment for anyone who saw it happen adds a lot to the story or scenario as well.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby ThickAsHoney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:56 pm

I believe that worlds where vore is common place AND worlds where vore is unheard of or infrequent has it’s perks, so what’s really important to me is how prey react to being eaten. I prefer it when prey are at least a little unhappy about their situation.
In stories where vore is totally unheard of, it’s nice to see prey being extra bewildered or terrified because they thought getting eaten was an impossible act that could only happen in their worst nightmares. Meanwhile, in stories where vore is known (and the vore in question is fatal), the prey could anguish over having incredibly bad luck or being betrayed by a friend. There could even be a group of humanoids who are feared for being known to eat others. In situations where vore is common and non fatal, it’s kind of cute to have prey get eaten by their friends and the prey gets all mad at the friend for violating their boundaries. Stories where vore is feared or at least seen as deviant or rude are vastly appealing to me.
However, I usually dislike stories in which vore is completely normalized and common and, and no one thinks that eating someone alive and permanently digesting them is something to be alarmed by. Completely sanitizes the fetish and removes almost everything I like about it.
I am just a humble stock photo of honey.
ThickAsHoney
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion