Vore tournament idea?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vore tournament idea?

Postby kernac » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:50 pm

Hey everyone.

I've recently been thinking about various ideas for a vore tournament. Now those are still pretty rough ideas, I made this thread so that we could talk about them and possibly refine the ideas into something that could be done?

My idea was to have a tournament where two opponents go against each other and people can vote on who they want to win, but unlike the one we had in the past this would involve characters from the media (cartoons, videogames, anime and so on) instead of original characters. This way people can still feel invested in the outcome without starting any drama (hopefully).

As for the result, I was thinking I could write a mini-story depicting the outcome of the battle. I can also draw, but I'm not that good at it. I could also enlist some artists to draw the results if they're willing to do it for free, if not then I can't really spend all that money by myself. I could also ask for donations to get commissions but I feel we would need to come up with a system to insure nothing shady is going on.

Thoughts? Ideas? Let's talk about it!
Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Re: Vore tournament idea?

Postby KingRonald » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Sounds kind of like the OC tournaments that I used to enter with friends on dA. I honestly would welcome that idea if people wanted to join in!
KingRonald
New to the forum

Postby Hoboman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:04 pm

Yeah, I'd be down for it.
Hoboman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Solmaximuta » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:16 pm

Using fictional characters instead of OCs is a smart thought in my opinion. One thing I noticed (myself included) is that when two people have their OCs clash, it usually turns into a blow by blow shout fest as to how one character's hax will beat the other and the recipient has some other made up hax power to counter it (i.e. My iron man is attacking your john cena. Nuh-uh, because my john cena has a anti-iron man shield). Kinda gets childish and sorta goes nowhere.

With fictional characters, the powers are listed in stone, with no warping or creation of powers and abilities so that one side can win. Also implement with the voting system that each person who votes has to list by what means would their voted character would win. (Nothing stupid like they are awesome/badass etc.) This way, a character actually wins by skill and story mechanics instead of favoritism or how much of the participating community likes that particular pred. Those who know or believe such a means of winning could be countered should offer the counter ability and attempt to persuade why with that they would win. That way, nothing dumb like Superman getting swallowed by Chun Li occurs.

Is it complicated? Sure as hell yes. Will it revive those dumb interweb verses arguments? Pretty sure it will. But do is it fair and proper? Absolutely.

I borrowed this concept from the Vs Battle Wikia which they use when they pit fictional characters against each other. As much tiering and balancing issues I find on that site that aggravates me (The dovahkiin should NOT be considered a multiverse buster, no matter how much hax power it has or the beasts it has killed have. THAT META POWER LORE CANNOT CONVINCE ME!!!), their means of putting these characters toe to toe is very well done in my opinion.
SolMaxiMuta. Run it through Latin translate, you might have a laugh.
Solmaximuta
New to the forum

Postby ArcaneSigil » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:39 pm

I'd be down for donating at least two characters to the cause. I can even create brand spankin' new characters specifically for the Vore Tournament if you'd like.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby cranberryknights1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:25 am

I love the idea and though I would prefer characters from anime or video games like you mentioned I am okay with the roster being original characters too.Something about tournament format or just 2 characters matching up always interests me and with the outcome ending with one character ingesting the other that makes it all the more exciting to read about and find out who won and how they ate there opponent.If you decide to go ahead with it I will definitely participate in the voting or just in the discussions regarding the matches.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby AquwardlyHomosexual » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:38 am

That sounds like fun! I would 100% follow it!
AquwardlyHomosexual
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion