Dealbreakers in vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Dealbreakers in vore

Postby 157and493 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:30 am

Excluding things that are obvious for most people like the sex or species of the predator and pery, is there any specific thing in a vore story/picture that might make you dislike it even if you would have otherwise enjoyed it?
For me personally it would have to be uninterested predators. When a predator eats someone and then acts completely bored and nonchalant it ruins the experience for me, but that is just my own personal preference.

So, is there anything in vore other than the obvious stuff that would make you dislike it even if you would have otherwise enjoyed it?
157and493
Participator

Re: Dealbreakers in vore

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:07 am

Especially overpowered characters, like deities, or anime style/mary sue OCs are really annoying, or ones who's only emotion is egotistical smugness.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:14 am

The pred inexplicably being able to control their digestive system, including being able to turn it on and off, and somehow control how much pain it causes.
Another big one is the pred explain to the prey that they are just food - mostly because you don't do that to actual food. You don't tell a sandwich that it's not a person, you just eat it.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Ediblestranger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:31 am

I'll call it vertical incest, such as a parent/grandparent eating a child/grandchild. Sibling/cousin/etc. I'm fine with, and so long as there's not a huge gap in age aunt/uncle is okay. Also anything underaged is a big nope from me. Also most things involving human/humanoid eating a feral (and therefore non-sentient) animal in any form other than self defense.
-EdibleStranger
Ediblestranger
Been posting for a bit

Postby JeremyTN » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:48 am

Anyone talking about 'perma' in vore, which is just really rude to me, I don't mind 'bad ends' but when you just cut off a character from being used by anyone ever again, I get really weird about that.

Uber Overpowered characters, wooow, you're the god of vore? Cool...go away. Also, please don't undo any of my actions, if you want something different just say so, especially if you're gonna whine about me doing something that is super normal to the character that you WOULD HAVE KNOWN IF YOU HAD JUST READ MY PROFILE

Also, super boring characters are so damn prevalent and are just the worst, you know who I mean "Hi, I'm Jack, age 19, I was just a normal high school kid till I was sucked through a magical portal and ended up 2 inches tall! Hope no hot babes eat me!"
JeremyTN
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:19 am

Prey that are immune to digestion or can reform themselves, I love endo/safe vore but I prefer it to be of the predator's doing, otherwise there's no risk or impact from the prey when they're just immune to any possible harm. Worst line, for me, to see is something like 'I don't care what you do, I can just reform/am immune to digestion."
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Orbstuffed » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:37 am

coop500 wrote:Prey that are immune to digestion or can reform themselves, I love endo/safe vore but I prefer it to be of the predator's doing, otherwise there's no risk or impact from the prey when they're just immune to any possible harm. Worst line, for me, to see is something like 'I don't care what you do, I can just reform/am immune to digestion."

I can seriously get behind that. Preds should be able to choose whether or not their prey come back if digestion and reformation come into play.

As for me, I recall an incident an eternity back where one of my characters was helplessly boiled alive in a cooking pot before being eaten. Sheesh...if I have any more i'll let'cha know.
Just an orb tum lover. You can call me Orbi if you'd like.
No, my icon isn't a self-portrait, she's just a character I made. Her name's Rosetta, BTW.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Michele » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:40 am

I don't have anything that is a turn off for me. Expect... well... probably mary sues/overpowered characters, but that's really it.
Michele
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ignoreme79 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:54 am

I know this ones a bit controversial but I don't like the overly cruel preds. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy a story with cruel predators, but some things just take me out of the story and just make me mad. Like, for example, when a friend of the prey betrays them after years of friendship just because they got hungry. That just doesn't sit right with me. I know a lot of people don't like how "safe" that sounds considering the nature of vore is literally predator/prey, but for me the reason I like it is the intimacy of the act. So when its spoiled by someones selfishness or cruelty, It just takes me right out of enjoying the story.

Again, plenty of my favorite stories from this site have cruel preds, but anything that's too over the top just makes me not want to read on.
Ignoreme79
Somewhat familiar

Postby cranberryknights1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:19 am

Violent or graphic content is a big turn off for me.I have pretty picky tastes when it comes to vore and sometimes I think I'm not even really that into vore itself but more just the concept of prey being held within certain parts of a pred's body against there will and to the preys disgust and humiliation.I can enjoy vore content even if its not a perfect fit to my ideal fantasies especially when it still features some aspects that turn me on but blood and violent digestion gets me out of the mood so quickly.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby Brazzel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:20 pm

If anybody touches a needle, I am out. Sometimes I'll be reading and getting really into it and then the shrinking scene comes and someone pulls out a syringe full of "shrinking formula" and you better bet I dibbity dip.
Brazzel
Been posting for a bit

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:44 pm

In RP, forced Hard Vore. I do understand that some people have characters that are hard vore oriented. HOWEVER... I have TWO characters that are hard-vore-able, who are also digestible. They reform naturally due to naturally occuring magic within their blood streams. They resurrect, much like in ARK Survival Evolved, at the last bed they slept in as good as new, as if nothing happened.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Cowrie » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Accidental vore ruins it for me. Without intent, I find it meaningless.

Also, in RP, overpowered partners or prey who try and kill my characters. A special note should be given to prey who make a big deal out of how powerful a predator they are, even when they're only acting as prey in the RP. That's not only a turn-off, it can potentially be a berserk-button for me.

In RP, incest of any sort is a turn-off (including vore-only stuff with no actual sex), but in some art and stories I can handle it.

And, with potential RP partners, the phrases "I'm good with anything" or "no limits", because it's NEVER TRUE, and tends to actually translate to "won't suggest anything themselves".
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby TerriblesJeux » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:10 am

Hard vore, willing prey, same-size or otherwise not great enough size-difference all remove the sexual aspect for me, though it can still be nice art.
TerriblesJeux
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kitsouille » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:26 am

Hmmm I hate when preds are too vocal about being sadistic. Sadism and evilness is good, but the whole mocking thing turns me off. "Hahaha you're so pathetic and small and powerless and now you'll go in my ass after I digest you! You're so weak!"

Other than that, all I can think about are more preferences than dealbreakers.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Jayezox » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:04 pm

I know a lot will disagree with me on this one, but this lately it's been lack of intimacy and consent. Even in non-fatal scenarios I don't like it when either pred or prey are not enjoying it on some level. It makes it borderline rape.
Jayezox
---

Postby coop500 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:11 pm

Jayezox wrote:I know a lot will disagree with me on this one, but this lately it's been lack of intimacy and consent. Even in non-fatal scenarios I don't like it when either pred or prey are not enjoying it on some level. It makes it borderline rape.

I'm inclined to agree, very unwilling or even unwilling that never becomes willing makes me feel guilty as heck, I can't stand it. At best I can handle nervous at first but then happy/cozy after.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Straightnibba » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:00 pm

Scat and green/brown clouds on images. Also characters that are explicity children.
Straightnibba
New to the forum

Postby ArcaneSigil » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Another deal breaker, figured I'd just write a new post about it, children. You do NOT involve children in your fantasy. I give a pass to Nitro-Titan with Ami Dixie because of Ami's "goo-person" nature, as well as the other demons/demonesses they've created that look like children. THAT is the ONLY pass I will give to people with child preds/prey. If they LOOK like children but aren't. Like elves or demons or robots.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby ThickAsHoney » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:51 pm

I hate digestion that either too fast or too slow. It needs to be long enough for the prey to fuss over being eaten, and the pred needs time to enjoy doing the eating. But at the same time, I don’t care too much about fully dissolved prey, so I don’t want to see too much digestion beyond that point. It would be okay if the story just cut off or if the digestion suddenly sped up and ended.

Speaking of digestion, I dislike timeskips, or having preds sleeping after eating. Not only do I want to see the prey getting digested to the point of fully melting, I also want the predator to be conscious so they can enjoy it. Often times, people write in timeskips so they can focus on how the pred’s boobs’ got bigger or something, and that’s not even my fetish.

Any story/drawing that depicts a fat character (or weight gain) in a degrading way makes me wildly uncomfortable, but it’s so prevalent, whenever I want to look at a vore related thing that involves a fat character I just have to do my best to ignore it.
I am just a humble stock photo of honey.
ThickAsHoney
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion