Is my gallery an eyesore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Is the color scheme of my gallery straining for the eyes?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 am

Not at all or very little.
47%
Its a bit harsh on the eye.
39%
Its straining to read stories.
7%
Its very hard to look at.
7%

Total votes : 57

Is my gallery an eyesore?

Postby kernac » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:35 am

My gallery:
https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/kernac

No this isn't to get more watchers or whatever. I just need to know if the color scheme of my gallery is adequate and doesn't strain the eye. A little while ago I changed the color scheme of my gallery to what it is now. (Shades of green) I ran the change past a few of my friends and they all said it was fine, but recently I've got a comment telling me the colors were hard and made it unpleasant to read stories.

I've been a member of this site for over 10 years now and over the course of my stay here I've had a few different color palettes for my gallery. I've had darker tones, softer ones... It seems there's always someone who doesn't like it. Personally I'm not having any problems with the current scheme of my gallery, but everyone is different.

If the colors are too straining... Then what kinds of colors and tones are ideal for this purpose? Thanks in advance.

Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Re: Is my gallery an eyesore?

Postby Nekiame » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Looking at the colorscheme on it's own, aint to bad, but looking at it while briefing over a random story you wrote, I did notice a light strain on my Eyes. It's not so bad when one just look over an image or such, but when Reading, one focus a bit more and I Think the brighter green-yellow might strain the Eye a bit. Unsure if it's the yellow or the green, but I suspect the yellow. I did this durning the evening, meaning it's kind of dark in my room save one lamp and the computor screen, so could be a combo of a dark room and Bright colors on the screen. Might be more pleasing if it's durning the day and there's already plenty of light.
Something that might work if possible is a bit toned down yellow, then the brightness doesnt stand out as much and is a bit easier to take in in darker rooms, and durning the day it's Bright enough to not make a difference anyhow.
Nekiame
Participator

Postby KnightleyPaine » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:06 pm

Speaking from experience, it can differ from monitor to monitor. I've experienced very readable profiles that other people find strains them and the opposite, simply due to how people like their default settings or the type of monitor. But I've had no personal issues from looking through it.

Black on light green shouldn't be an issue and the white on somewhat dark green is less prevalent so also not much of an issue (plus, the way the site is made the space invariably gets shared with both black and white fonts).

There's nothing wrong with the green and yellow theme.

You're as good as reasonably can get, at least on my laptop monitor.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby Speedyblupi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:21 pm

You could make it a bit less bright, but it's fine. If it needs any adjustments those adjustments are minor.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby komaru » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:51 pm

I noticed it depended for me:
a)What I was looking at
and
b)Where I was looking at it

Looking over your pictures or gallery in general, it didn't bother me at all, and reading stories on it from my phone was fine, the only time I ran into any strain was reading stories on my desktop monitor (16:9 if it helps any). There, it seemed like there was significantly more yellow behind the green of the story box, which at points seemed to want to pull my eyes away from the text. It wasn't major or anything (for me, of course everyone's eyes are a little different/more or less sensitive, etc.), just a slight bit of strain.

This was a site I learned about for colour schemes (since I'm terrible at coming up with colour schemes myself >.>). I tried to throw together something quickly that's similar to what you have, and see what the site suggested, going with that bright green base you have, and surprisingly, it's pretty similar to what you have, just with a slightly darker, more "mustardy" yellow. That could help alleviate some of the strain people might be experiencing.

http://paletton.com/#uid=52w0u0kyFquhudcpOkVPCv2+--t

Hope something I said can help! :)
komaru
???

Postby Artemis » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:52 pm

You'll find people who insist that anything with bright colors is an eye strain, but you should probably ignore them because pleasing them often leads down the road of low contrast dark colors, which will just bite you in the ass anyway.

What you could do is reduce the saturation of some of the colors you're using. Most of them aren't that saturated to begin with, but that rich darker green in particular is about 80% saturated, which is pretty high. For example:

Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:05 am

Not to me, but then again I am Red/Green colorblind so the green might not look as harsh to me as it is to others.
Jayezox
---

Postby BelleJar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:59 pm

i like the colors but i'd definitely switch the story boxes to something else. for me there's not quite enough contrast between the words and background so after a while it all blurs together
boop
BelleJar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion