Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V18B

Postby Orosaki » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Orosaki wrote:Polearms will differentiate their appearance based on the shape and size of the spear head, swords will differentiate themselves by the blade shape/width/length as well as the guard, a longbow has the same appearance as a bow except it's stretched out to be as long as the character wielding it, heater and kite shield look the same with the difference between them being the size. They also use the race's color in their design. Given that these weapons are being bought in the bazaar it makes sense to not have them be unique in appearance to any race.

Monster dens should indeed probably spawn in the wild, but cities should still be able to be made into a monster den as an optional feature too. Although technically spawned monster dens are destroyed while cities made intoo monster dens are recaptured and stuff.

I feel like siege weapons should be bought from the bazaar, they' be balanced out by the fact that they take up a unit slot and still require yet another unit in order to operate them, plus they are expensive and it would not be wise to face opponents that are too strong as defeat means they could steal the hard earned siege weapon. The siege weapon will also limit the max move speed of the army and additionally prevents flight and reduces the options for army movement. Although thats only if you feel . Siege weapons can be disbanded and will participate in defensive battles as part of the garrison. Which makes them pretty darn useful for defenders if you manage to get one to a city.

although with siege weapons maybe you should have a poll to see what everyone else would like as far as seeing siege weapons implemented.

Okay. I'll take some notes for when the bazaar eventually makes it in.

Okay, I may work that functionality for a second type of monster den like that.

For siege, I was thinking them being more used for actual sieges, but then you have villages. If you design them so that you need siege equipment to take them, then villages far from a bazaar would be mostly untouchable. Well, that would be a while off, but I'll make a note to have some kind of poll on it when it gets closer.

That's actually kind of the point, it adds an extra layer of strategic decision. Do you sacrifice speed for more power to overwhelm that village with siege weapons or do you strike quickly before they have a chance to produce another army.

I kind of feel like waiting a turn to build sieges before attacking doesn't really carry as much strategic importance in terms of game play because it is not as meaningful.

Aurilika wrote:
Annoynimouse wrote:@Aurilika:
Where do the UI layouts live?
I'm trying to add a dropdown and button for adding traits to the CheatMenu -> UnitEditor, but I cannot for the life of me find a prefab or file that defines its layout.

On faster armies:
I had originally put in the change meant just for myself, as I hate that one army can end up chasing another army for multiple turns and not catch up.
But I think you are correct, the speed thing scales too well.
I would now instead suggest this:
* If an army is less than half its maximum size, then +1 movement. If less than 25% its max size, then +2 movement. (Losing armies can retreat, or you can make weaker but more mobile armies.)
* Once abilities / traits from level-ups are implemented, allow specific abilities that boost the army's movement.

Current aim (let me know if I am entirely off course):
I'm currently slowly working towards a Heroes of might and magic style resources. I.e. multiple resources, obtained from map pickups or map claimable buildings that produce it over time, or ultimately village based buildings that produce it.

Afterwards:
Mix in some aspects from Age of Wonders such as research, global spells, hero and leader distinctions, and village / building / fortress expansion on strategic map.

So, I went ahead and merged in almost all of the changes.

Well, the UI prefabs are all in the Prefabs/UI section, though there isn't one that exists for the Dropdown at the moment. Nested prefabs didn't exist for most of this project, so the dropdowns were usually inside of another prefab and not even possible to separate. There is a button in that folder though. I went ahead and added the dropdown and button to my dev version.

Like Katar suggested above, I think making smaller armies faster is probably a good idea. I think army speed upgrades could work, but having them based on an individual unit's trait feels odd. I'd be more apt to use something previously suggested where armies can have upgrades they pay maintenance on (like having, say, a wagon that speeds them up, but costs some amount of gold each turn.)

I mean that's not the direction I'm headed at the moment, but you can work on what you'd like. If I think it directly suits, I'd just merge it in and perhaps make changes to it, if not, I can make it a mod like I did for the "Crazy buildings"

Actually basing the army move speed on an individual's stats makes sense IF you base it on the slowest unit in the army, as the rest of the army would have to slow down so the unit with the lowest speed could keep up. In that way it makes sense to base it on an individual's stats. This would also add a precedence to not simply replace lost soldiers who are on average 20 to 30 levels with fresh blood, as it would cripple that army's ability to cover ground until the newbie got some experience.

You could still add in movement bonuses for small armies on top of that as well, which add a % based move bonus rather than a flat +1, +2, or +3 move bonus.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:52 pm

Aurilika wrote:Well, most of that is the way the AI currently spends money. They try to maintain a certain amount of active troops based on their income. A lot of the crazy buildings are rather expensive, so they'll basically have to wait until they reach their army quota before buying any of the expensive buildings (at least, with how they are set up right now, I am doing some AI work, but I'm not sure if I'll be tackling that at this point). If you lower the maximum amount of armies they can make that would force them to save up more money when they hit the cap and they'd end up buying the more expensive buildings.

I guess I'll have to... at least until their buildings are bought.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:12 am

In the unit preview(in the upper left). The icon, if a unit cock vored, their enbiggened balls are in the preview but vore bellies aren't.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 pm

Sometimes taurus bellies go over their boobs.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:57 pm

Turbotowns wrote:In the unit preview(in the upper left). The icon, if a unit cock vored, their enbiggened balls are in the preview but vore bellies aren't.

I was thinking that this was an issue that I couldn't correct without a bit of a rewrite but I looked into it and it was easier than I thought, so it's fixed for the next patch.

Turbotowns wrote:Sometimes taurus bellies go over their boobs.

Okay, I'll check it out.

I'm coming along on the next patch. I've got a bunch of the smaller/medium things done, like a bunch of AI adjustments, the goblin caravans, new fancier banners (they're two color (partly a response to me starting to run dry on discernible colors), and feature an emblem based on race, but there's roughly 15 generic emblems you can assign to armies individually if you wish.)

I'm thinking I'll probably create a series of polls or a survey sometime in the near future to collect some feedback on possible implementations of unit classes, or ideas for the alt vore system, or a potential partial stat rework. I feel like that's a better way of making sure people are represented rather than trying to get a large number of people to reply to the forum.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:27 am

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:In the unit preview(in the upper left). The icon, if a unit cock vored, their enbiggened balls are in the preview but vore bellies aren't.

I was thinking that this was an issue that I couldn't correct without a bit of a rewrite but I looked into it and it was easier than I thought, so it's fixed for the next patch.

Turbotowns wrote:Sometimes taurus bellies go over their boobs.

Okay, I'll check it out.

I'm coming along on the next patch. I've got a bunch of the smaller/medium things done, like a bunch of AI adjustments, the goblin caravans, new fancier banners (they're two color (partly a response to me starting to run dry on discernible colors), and feature an emblem based on race, but there's roughly 15 generic emblems you can assign to armies individually if you wish.)

I'm thinking I'll probably create a series of polls or a survey sometime in the near future to collect some feedback on possible implementations of unit classes, or ideas for the alt vore system, or a potential partial stat rework. I feel like that's a better way of making sure people are represented rather than trying to get a large number of people to reply to the forum.

Now to bury my banner work, jk(if it's better than my mediocrity it's all good(or even better, evolves off of the work I did, like GreenSlime taking my Slime Queen Regalia and improving it/updating it to the newer sprites)), though what are you referring to with "alt-vore system"?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:17 am

I play with about 20 villages on my map(with each farm worth 20 villagers), and with the crazy builds just after 5 are fully upgraded, I'm making WAY more than what I know what to do with...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Fluffofcat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:45 pm

so, i wanted to comment to let you knows its not just the 3 people watching, im hyped about the things iv seen talked about in game. but i just had no good comment to give.
so i wanted to at lest give vocal support? but i did think of some this when i attempted to make my own map, i wanted a war between to major races so basically there Would be a big bad or 2 to fight at the end, but i wanted to opposing so that they would focus on each other a bit. yet the slimes with double the unit size did not want to go across the map to their counterpart. also, i was wondering if Ai's would randomly pic some races from their recruitment, as even if they take over a town they wont recruited the dominated race, and that leaves their army very one sided.. also what about recruiting from allies? in my map i tried to allie races that complimented each other, like lizards with crux, so they were more balanced to the range or melee defence side. but i dunno. also in the map maker theirs only grass mountains so if a lava or slime biome is attempted then you cant really add mountains without it looking weird. i also placed villages over a river/bridge so the villages had to be Conquered to pass. but if the AI does not sit and army on it the garrison of level 1's is all thats their to protect. just wondering if their could be like a unit thats left to guard cities in proximity to enemy cities. i dont know much about game making though id like, so i worry if my comments would have any use or they would just be... sorry rambling. love the game, love your work ethic, keep up the awesome work become a legend.
Fluffofcat
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:18 pm

Slime Biome!?! YES PLEASE!

And yeah, hopefully the AI will eventually be able to play like a human(attack a stronger army that they know they'll lose so that they can weaken it and take it out with another army, and have armies sit still in the village with the garrison during an invasion).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:46 am

Turbotowns wrote:Now to bury my banner work, jk(if it's better than my mediocrity it's all good(or even better, evolves off of the work I did, like GreenSlime taking my Slime Queen Regalia and improving it/updating it to the newer sprites)), though what are you referring to with "alt-vore system"?

Well, you can judge for yourself
catbanner.png
Cat Banner
catbanner.png (8.83 KiB) Viewed 1238 times

The alt-vore credit system was just one of the possible systems where you'd earn a credit every 5 levels or so to unlock a special ability for one of your alt-vores (storage/healing/ conversion / etc.)

Turbotowns wrote:I play with about 20 villages on my map(with each farm worth 20 villagers), and with the crazy builds just after 5 are fully upgraded, I'm making WAY more than what I know what to do with...

Well, that's why I labeled it as crazy buildings with the yellow warning :P . That said, you can spend resources on training several times faster, although that just further highlights that the AI doesn't really have a system for training right now.

Fluffofcat wrote:so, i wanted to comment to let you knows its not just the 3 people watching, im hyped about the things iv seen talked about in game. but i just had no good comment to give.
so i wanted to at lest give vocal support? but i did think of some this when i attempted to make my own map, i wanted a war between to major races so basically there Would be a big bad or 2 to fight at the end, but i wanted to opposing so that they would focus on each other a bit. yet the slimes with double the unit size did not want to go across the map to their counterpart. also, i was wondering if Ai's would randomly pic some races from their recruitment, as even if they take over a town they wont recruited the dominated race, and that leaves their army very one sided.. also what about recruiting from allies? in my map i tried to allie races that complimented each other, like lizards with crux, so they were more balanced to the range or melee defence side. but i dunno. also in the map maker theirs only grass mountains so if a lava or slime biome is attempted then you cant really add mountains without it looking weird. i also placed villages over a river/bridge so the villages had to be Conquered to pass. but if the AI does not sit and army on it the garrison of level 1's is all thats their to protect. just wondering if their could be like a unit thats left to guard cities in proximity to enemy cities. i dont know much about game making though id like, so i worry if my comments would have any use or they would just be... sorry rambling. love the game, love your work ethic, keep up the awesome work become a legend.

Right now armies will sit idle if they think there's nothing that they can do (i.e. fully supplied, and every army/village they can path to is too strong to fight), I'm not really sure if there's anything that would be better to do in that situation. I could just make them wander randomly but that might not be an improvement. They will sometimes recruit from races not their own, I think they only do it with captured towns. They slightly prefer their own towns, but the location they pick is based on population, presence of any friendly or enemy armies (in the next patch the presence of named recruitables is added into that mix), I felt like it would potentially be disruptive if they recruited entire armies in allies towns (though they will go there to restock).

Okay, I'll see about separating mountains from terrain. I'd probably do that by moving them to the doodad layer (which means you could no longer build a bridge over a mountain, but that might be just as well).

Turbotowns wrote:And yeah, hopefully the AI will eventually be able to play like a human(attack a stronger army that they know they'll lose so that they can weaken it and take it out with another army, and have armies sit still in the village with the garrison during an invasion).
Trying to weaken could be a little tricky, if you aim too low, you'll actually end up making the enemy army stronger by attacking it :gulp: . I'll see about trying to get armies to defend, this could lead to a bit of a stalemate by making villages too tough to take, but I'll experiment with it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:41 am

Aurilika wrote:Well, you can judge for yourself
catbanner.png

What does the leader banners look like? Cause that's what i supplied.

Aurilika wrote:(which means you could no longer build a bridge over a mountain, but that might be just as well).

...We could build bridges over mountains...? XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:30 am

Couple weeks later and this game still has my full attention. Just started the loooong campaign on Turbo's map!
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
Aurilika wrote:Well, you can judge for yourself
The attachment catbanner.png is no longer available

What does the leader banners look like? Cause that's what i supplied.
Aurilika wrote:(which means you could no longer build a bridge over a mountain, but that might be just as well).

...We could build bridges over mountains...? XD

cat leader.png
Cat Leader Banner
cat leader.png (5.49 KiB) Viewed 1073 times

You can build bridges over pretty much anything (fields, grass, gold mines). It's not particularly useful on tiles that already cost 1 mp, but there's nothing stopping you.

So, put together a quick survey to collect opinions on a few topics and see what my priorities should be. It won't get as much visibility here as it would an eka's poll, but this is more flexible and allows me to ask a few questions at the same time.
https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/B2BUvr
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:53 pm

Cool! For the entirety of Auri and Flame's comments. XD

(Also, I've noticed a couple flaws with my map, like how unless they have an advantage of some kind, the AI(other armies NOT the turbo alliance up top), eternally stalemates until we come a-knock'n.)
Turbotowns
???

Postby ConnTheElite » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:03 am

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I've been lurking here. Loving how this game is steadily getting better and better. And I've filled out the survey.

Really like the idea of a class system. My preferred way would for it to be something like this:

Unit starts off with no class (except maybe the leaders?), but can pick a class at level 5 (or is given one depending on their stats.)

Level 5:
Fighter - Melee
Archer - Range
Mage - Magic
Glutton - Vore

Then "promotes" to a more specialist class at 10/15

Fighter -> Warrior (heavy melee) / Rouge (light melee)
Archer -> Ranger (heavy range) / Skirmisher (light range)
Mage -> Sage/Sorcerer (magic isn't a thing yet, but maybe they could specialize in different types of magic?)
Glutton -> Devourer (voracity) / Ravenous Glutton (stomach)

And just to be safe, have some sort of "generalist" class that has balanced stats.

As for other stuff I'd like to see (don't feel pressured):
-Centaur Race. Just one of my favorite mythological creatures. Maybe they could specialize in movement and stomach size?
-Anal Vore. Even if it just changes the messages and sounds, that's good enough for me.
-Higher tier weapons/equipment. Something so a player with an economic advantage can really put their money to good use or just so a player can decide if they want a small group of strong units or a horde of weak units.

Keep up the good work! I've only been keeping up with this project for a few months and have already seen lots of big improvements! :D
ConnTheElite
Been posting for a bit

Postby Katar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:31 am

Hey, digging what I'm seeing from the discussions here. But I've got a question. How difficult would it be to add things like lineages / a relationship chart on a scale of 1-10?

Also, just wanted to share a map thing I made recently. Fairly simple but I saw people talking about bridges and I used them in some strange ways here that I thought was neat so I thought I'd share.

Basic idea that there are a few "civilized" races vying for supremacy while the savage races squabble for meager resources.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q7x8wngz ... s.map/file
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby chance10 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:13 am

ConnTheElite wrote:Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I've been lurking here. Loving how this game is steadily getting better and better. And I've filled out the survey.

Really like the idea of a class system. My preferred way would for it to be something like this:

Unit starts off with no class (except maybe the leaders?), but can pick a class at level 5 (or is given one depending on their stats.)

Level 5:
Fighter - Melee
Archer - Range
Mage - Magic
Glutton - Vore

Mage -> Sage/Sorcerer (magic isn't a thing yet, but maybe they could specialize in different types of magic?)

And just to be safe, have some sort of "generalist" class that has balanced stats.

-Centaur Race. Just one of my favorite mythological creatures. Maybe they could specialize in movement and stomach size?
-Anal Vore. Even if it just changes the messages and sounds, that's good enough for me.
-Higher tier weapons/equipment. Something so a player with an economic advantage can really put their money to good use or just so a player can decide if they want a small group of strong units or a horde of weak units.

Keep up the good work! I've only been keeping up with this project for a few months and have already seen lots of big improvements! :D

I love the sound of this class.
chance10
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:09 am

chance10 wrote:
ConnTheElite wrote:Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I've been lurking here. Loving how this game is steadily getting better and better. And I've filled out the survey.

Level 5:
Fighter - Melee
Archer - Range
Mage - Magic
Glutton - Vore

I love the sound of this class.

Which one?
Turbotowns
???

Postby CartoonVore » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:27 pm

I freaking LOVE THIS GAME!! Even with its glitches and mechanics being slightly difficult for me to understand, I LOVE IT!! Keep it up, please! It’s wonderful!!
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Fluffofcat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:01 pm

just wondering when around will v19 be release? coz im clearly too obsessed as im cheaking this form very frequently.
Fluffofcat
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game