Nomlike [WIP] [Planning] [Early Alpha]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomlike [WIP] [Planning] [Early Alpha]

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Picking up weapons and armor now works, though Back items and two handed items still need some additional code to get them functioning as intended, i've had issues with the items generated crashing the game, but i found the source of the issue and have a sort of "band-aid" for it at the moment. I'll fully fix it when I have all Item types equippable and working as intended.

After items are functional as intended, and I give the material crash a proper fix rather than a bandaid, i'll work on material specials, then move on to monster AI. After that, i plan to start working on either Multiple floors, non-equip items such as poitions and scrolls, or vore.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:59 pm

Nomlike... ADORABLE! X3
Turbotowns
???

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:14 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Nomlike... ADORABLE! X3

Haha! Thanks!

The combat won't be as adorable, but i kinda plan on trying to have a few adorable scenes, intimate or otherwise. Combat right now is a little on the brutal side, you get so many hit points per limb, and when the limb hits 0, it's crippled, but it can go into negatives. At a certain point in the negatives, it's removed, or in the case of the body, essentially will kinda just be destroyed.

So far, this system isn't really looking too good though, it's difficult to balance limb targeting, because why go for anything other than the head? Even if you incentivise attacking other limbs, decapitation is the quickest way to out an enemy you don't want to nom. Might have to try another combat system if i can't quite remedy this.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:26 pm

ScreenCap.png

This is a bit of what the early half-playable alpha looks like so far. I'll worry about adding color and fancy ascii effects when i actually get everything fully functional.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 am

CykaBlyat wrote:
Unicornwill wrote:Will there be a no digestion mode or option to this game?

Soft vore? I think I can make that work, yeah.

digestion can occur in soft vore. the distinction between soft and hard vore generally is the state in which the prey enters the body

now to make up for being that ass who corrects little things, i am interested in seeing how this turns out
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Okay, so, still being in planning and early alpha, i'm trying out a lot of different gameplay styles, engines, and gameplay types to see what all works and what would be the most fun while allowing for the most nommy fun too, so while i've been working on an ascii roguelike engine, i've been working on another engine as well.

One of the engine tech demos i have is this little side scroller with a sorta "heightmap" terrain system. The goal of the game would be a litle more arcade-y, having to go from left to right, battling different vore/sex monsters of different sorts, likely only having one or two hits before the player becomes food/breeding stock, with the player being able to specifically return to any level they've beaten.

It'd have a more space theme to it, still with anthro characters, but also more alien-like enemies and monsters, and though it'll be a bit more arcade-game feeling, i'll still be incorporating roguelike elements, such as randomized equipment, monsters, and "planets" as this little side scrolling roguelike would feature planets instead of floors.

Here shortly, i'll even post some early enemy sprite designs.
Attachments
Nomlike.zip
(493 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:21 pm

image_2019-02-10_11-27-13.png
image_2019-02-10_11-27-13.png (1.46 KiB) Viewed 2095 times

A sorta transformed brainwashed hive-mind fox bug thing.

image_2019-02-10_11-32-20.png
image_2019-02-10_11-32-20.png (14.52 KiB) Viewed 2096 times

A queen bug alien, which i'm considering making it so it tail-vores the player, unbirthing them and transforming them into the fox bug alien hybrid above.

It also can birth little drone units that i haven't screencapped the sprites for yet.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:40 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:

A queen bug alien, which i'm considering making it so it tail-vores the player, unbirthing them and transforming them into the fox bug alien hybrid above.

It also can birth little drone units that i haven't screencapped the sprites for yet.

Would be nice to see some digestion with insects/bugs. It's such a rare thing to find in vore.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:

Would be nice to see some digestion with insects/bugs. It's such a rare thing to find in vore.

I actually almost have some unbirth with one bug enemy , so far though, hilariously, there's a glitch with it i'm in the process of fixing where immediately after the player succumbs to the bug, the bug flies downward off screen and crashes the game. XDD

The bug gets what it wants, then friggin suicide bombs the entire game and makes it CTD. XD
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:30 pm

BugUnbirth.gif
BugUnbirth.gif (18.28 KiB) Viewed 2028 times

Bug_unbirth_lose.gif
Bug_unbirth_lose.gif (13.99 KiB) Viewed 2027 times

Concept animations that I might not actually put into the game.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby riku162 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:05 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:
BugUnbirth.gif

Bug_unbirth_lose.gif

Concept animations that I might not actually put into the game.

they're really nice! i hope you do add them. also, the demo is just supposed to have the character sprite walking on a like, yellow plane, right? no enemies added to that yet? or is my computer being weird?
riku162
New to the forum

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:30 pm

My question is how does one convince another to be prey?
'[or is the willing prey player only...?]
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:37 pm

riku162 wrote:they're really nice! i hope you do add them. also, the demo is just supposed to have the character sprite walking on a like, yellow plane, right? no enemies added to that yet? or is my computer being weird?

The tech demo I posted has no enemies, only running, jumping and terrain.

The next little tech demo will have shooting, and 1-2 enemy types, and throwing confetti((a key i set to test a particle explosion for defeated opponents that i found funny enough to keep in))

Ryan-Drakel wrote:My question is how does one convince another to be prey?
'[or is the willing prey player only...?]

I'm not entirely sure, but i do wanna work in some form of player pred system.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Okay, here it is folks, the 1 enemy demo!

Left and right arrow keys move left and right, Z jumps, X fires your pellet gun. When ensared by an enemy, mash left and right to break free, and if you don't break free in time, the tab key starts a new life.

There's a fairly long period of time, where if you can reach the enemy, and kill it, you can actually get the life you lost back.

Kill 96 enemies and you win, lose all 3 lives and game over.
Attachments
Nomlike.zip
(514.27 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:35 pm

So far, i'm really happy with how this engine is turning out. Sure, it doesn't feel roguelike enough yet, but it shouldn't be too difficult to work that in with the more basic stuff i implement.

Next up, rudimentary cosmetic only character creation, picking from a few heads, and bodies, as well as a first sex-based, not vore-based enemy, just to get that system functioning, because i'm planning on sex based enemies being able to impregnate.

Edit:

Oh, and a system where the more you have to struggle, the more tired you get, and thus the harder it is to escape.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:08 pm

Using cut-ins for the vore scenes is a brilliant idea, and the animation itself is pretty good.
Looking forward to some humanoid and non-bug-but-still-animal enemies.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby vores best friend » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Looks promising.
vores best friend
Been posting for a bit

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:23 pm

empatheticapathy wrote:Using cut-ins for the vore scenes is a brilliant idea, and the animation itself is pretty good.
Looking forward to some humanoid and non-bug-but-still-animal enemies.

Not every enemy type will have the cut in at first, I can do okay pixel art, but I have troubles with it if i'm not inspired, but yes, i VERY much plan on non insect species. The only serious issue is just player sex, especially for cut ins. I have to either make the fox for the cut ins look somewhat androgynous, or i have to make multiple variants for each sex, male, female, shemale, and herm.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:22 pm

I think next enemy type i'll work on is an alien snake of sorts, it'll crawl along the ground toward the player and lunge at the player when getting close. If it hits, it stuns the player, and then slithers in to eat the player. The stun period will be a loose grace period, but once it noms the player, it eats *fast*.

I'll also work on a checkpoint system, as someone pointed out to me the whole beginning from the start of the planet upon death is a little much, and i agreed, the respawn at start thing is more of a brief placeholder.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:54 pm

20190211_174927.jpg

Alright, so I have someone wanting to do cut-in animations/graphics, so i made up a very basic design for the alien-snek, and told them they can use whatever colors they want, or add any extra details they see fit to, and if all goes well, i can put a little more focus into programming and slightly less into spriting/animating.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game