Nomlike [WIP] [Planning] [Early Alpha]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomlike [WIP] [Planning] [Early Alpha]

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:43 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:The only serious issue is just player sex, especially for cut ins. I have to either make the fox for the cut ins look somewhat androgynous, or i have to make multiple variants for each sex, male, female, shemale, and herm.

What you could do is just use a generic featureless male or female for the player in those cases, regardless of species, and trust the player's imagination to fill in the rest.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby CykaBlyat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:57 pm

empatheticapathy wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:The only serious issue is just player sex, especially for cut ins. I have to either make the fox for the cut ins look somewhat androgynous, or i have to make multiple variants for each sex, male, female, shemale, and herm.

What you could do is just use a generic featureless male or female for the player in those cases, regardless of species, and trust the player's imagination to fill in the rest.

I'm likely going to do that, yeah, though, later on, if i decide to, i might make little corner-overlays for the cutins that show close up any sort of penetration or whatnot.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby liam123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:59 am

just a question out of curiosity will transformation be semi linked to unbirth at all?

ok its more than curiosity TF in the womb is my favorite part in unbirth >//w//<
liam123
Been posting for a bit

Postby SpotTea » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:05 am

Well heck this looks like it could well go far |33
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheBlueRaichu » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:11 am

Any plan on allowing filters for people that are squeamish towards Parasitic things?
TheBlueRaichu
Been posting for a bit

Postby CykaBlyat » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:33 am

liam123 wrote:just a question out of curiosity will transformation be semi linked to unbirth at all?

ok its more than curiosity TF in the womb is my favorite part in unbirth >//w//<

Oh hell yes, that's the best way to do it <333

((And it's the only way i like doing that in roleplays<3))

SpotTea wrote:Well heck this looks like it could well go far |33

Thank you so much ;w;

TheBlueRaichu wrote:Any plan on allowing filters for people that are squeamish towards Parasitic things?

Very much so! I plan for a lot of different vore/kink types to be toggleable!
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 pm

I really like the concept of the animation grapples with the pixel style side scroll shooting! Really looking forward to see more to this!
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 pm

So the next update is gonna be a little on the big side.

- i'll have at least 2 options for heads and bodies on top of the default fox look, all foxes but different outfits and hairstyles
- I'll have a stamina system
- the particle engine will be updated to have a few more nice little touches
- you can fire at an upward diagonal angle
- freeing a fallen life doesn't give you the life back instantly, but instead drops a friendly fox that runs toward the player, and upon contact, vanishes and grants you the extra life
- A new enemy that is a hybrid fox-bug mutant that runs along the ground at the player, and tries to grab/breed them, with a 1/10 chance of impregnating the player ((it'll be a placeholder so nothing major will become of it))
- checkpoints
- end of level teleporting out scene
- beginning of level teleporting in scene

Possible inclusions, that aren't hard requirements for release are as follows:

- Grenades with explosions, albeit a very limited supply due to their powerful destructive nature
- Terrain destruction system, grenades being the first explosive type of weapon to cause it
- Snake alien enemy, my artist friend having given me a WIP screenshot confirming Oral Vore, which looks AMAZING by the way, so much better than what i've done!
- Poison system that stunts max stamina and stamina regen
- First non-sex/vore enemy that either stuns, kills, or poisons the player
- Even more outfits/hair styles
- 1-2 new weapon types, likely a shotgun and an assault rifle or submachine gun
- Rare Destructive comets that kill enemies and players alike, making explosions that also cause very minor terrain damage
- A second world/level, with slightly different heightmap generation algorithms, with possible water or lava levels.

And if you think i'm biting off more than i can vore, I'm not, most of the hard requirements are already done and ready.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:51 pm

I had an idea for the pregnancy bit. So i've been tying to figure out how pregnancy will work in this, but i had an idea where pregnancy can result in essentially an extra life in the game, but to disincentivise players from just popping out a hundred extra lives, only the first pregancy of any player life can result in a bonus life, and for the rest of the current life, it permanently halves the player's stamina. You get another life at the cost of your current life being more difficult, and you can only get one extra life per life, and even then i'm considering also not having it so getting a bonus life is an assured thing, maybe a 6/10 chance of only the first player pregnancy each life resulting in a bonus life.

However, i do wanna play around with this more, possibly even a slim chance of a young fox hybrid that charges ground enemies and can't be hurt, only vanishing if the player loses a life.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:55 pm

I've got most hard requirements ready for release, but i likely won't post a demo until the weekend. Work has been rough, i've had to be up earlier than usual to pick up a fellow furry co-worker to help make sure he keeps his job since he has no ride of his own, and on top of that, my little sister's bday is tomorrow, and i've been trying to give my two mates a little more attention today, even though i absolutely despise this holiday.

I'm really sorry for the delays, but this weekend is lookng real good, no work saturday, and most of the holiday and Bday craziness out of the way.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:46 pm

So, Ike has been with cut in graphics, he's the artist i previously mentioned, and has been hard at work. I have been dealing with catching someone i trusted cheating on me, lying to me about their name, about having been dating me, and just a whole slew of other things. Either way, i'm somewhat back to work, though this weekend my attention may be split as i'm gonna be making a digital wrist watch out of some spare parts.

Attached are two cut-ins Ike made, which frankly, are about a thousand times better than the shitty ones I did.
Attachments
SNEKKIE_CAP01-Sheet.png
SNEKKIE_CAP01-Sheet.png (2.16 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
SNEKKIE_DYING-Sheet.png
SNEKKIE_DYING-Sheet.png (2.1 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Also, this update may be a little more extensive than previously planned. The executable icon Ike made for me gave me an idea or two that i'm gonna see if i can implement before saturday. Stay tuned!
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:04 pm

photo_2019-02-27_21-11-38.jpg
photo_2019-02-27_21-11-38.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 2137 times

I've added a horizon and sky color, among other things.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Just got player recoloring framework in, it's not as fancy as it sounds. Basically, you can just recolor the orange color on the fox. I just need to make the color sliders in the character creation, i need to add checkpoints, and maybe some vegetation, as well as a teleporting to the planet sequence.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maexam2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Nice concept. Hope to play it soon.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Maexam2 wrote:Nice concept. Hope to play it soon.

There's a tech demo a page or so back.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby ekadragon » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:08 am

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this, although when you listed stuff about what was playable/unplayable, monster or TF, I was left a bit confused. What is the difference between Anthro Shroom/Fungus (U) and WereSnake (T)? Is that meaning that the U is unplayable? And if so... I question why some of them like the anthro shroom, Anthro bee or undead anthro (and in what way is this being defined? Mummies? Zombies? Skeletons? Ghosts? ... because I'd think any of those should be playable) are considered unplayable?

I figure it'd be nice to have more things you can be vored by/unbirthed by/transformed by and still be able to play even if it is in a altered way with potentially different paths because of your change.

Edit: Having tried your alternative method of a side scrolling game, I honestly feel that perhaps a RPG format would work better rather than a shooter format, otherwise it becomes less like the name-sake (nomlike) and more of just a vore shooter. Might I suggest a game style similar to the wonderboy series (I recommend Dragon's Trap as a example)? That would give you a good side scroller format while also remaining a RPG.
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:42 pm

ekadragon wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this, although when you listed stuff about what was playable/unplayable, monster or TF, I was left a bit confused. What is the difference between Anthro Shroom/Fungus (U) and WereSnake (T)? Is that meaning that the U is unplayable? And if so... I question why some of them like the anthro shroom, Anthro bee or undead anthro (and in what way is this being defined? Mummies? Zombies? Skeletons? Ghosts? ... because I'd think any of those should be playable) are considered unplayable?

I figure it'd be nice to have more things you can be vored by/unbirthed by/transformed by and still be able to play even if it is in a altered way with potentially different paths because of your change.

(u) is unplayable, (t) is both an enemy and possible transformation. What is playable and unplayable is basically whatever i feel like making playable or unplayable, admittedly. This whole project started as just a fun little game for myself and a friend or two, then i decided, well, why not share it and see what others think?

Even then, that list is for the original Ascii thing, but after i had a better and less same old same old idea, being this side scroller engine, i figured i'd put the ascii thing on the shelf and see how this side scroller turns out.

ekadragon wrote:Edit: Having tried your alternative method of a side scrolling game, I honestly feel that perhaps a RPG format would work better rather than a shooter format, otherwise it becomes less like the name-sake (nomlike) and more of just a vore shooter. Might I suggest a game style similar to the wonderboy series (I recommend Dragon's Trap as a example)? That would give you a good side scroller format while also remaining a RPG.

You do realize the plan IS to have more RPG and roguelike elements in it, right? XD

What you played is a super basic proof of concept/tech demo. I've been slowly chipping away at filling it out, adding things here and there and seeing what fits and what doesn't. Also, I'm not removing the gun-play or shooting, at all. I like the way it's turning out, and the awesome little particle system i've made and tuned for it and everything. It's gonna be a little more space and sci-fi themed too, since I don't tend to see that as often as the usual mythical magical creatures bit. It's gonna lean a little more towards being Starbound, and a little less like Terraria when it comes to it's setting and themes.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:46 pm

Nomlike screenie.png
Nomlike screenie.png (7.73 KiB) Viewed 1623 times

Okay, got all the cutins for the snake, just got one more function for that enemy's routine to add, and that enemy will be fully functional. I want to add a few more things before the first major alpha release, but the game is shaping up pretty well so far.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:39 am

Just stumbled upon this on accident - and well, it looks pretty cool! I like the idea of a side scrolling shooter(?)-RPG, and i’ve played the first demo with the bug enemies. Gotta say, I also enjoy the pixel-and-cutins graphics.
I’ll watch where this goes, this has a lot of potential.
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game