Herons/pelicans swallowing live prey

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Herons/pelicans swallowing live prey

Postby Fallenfox » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:54 am

Here's a beautiful clear view of an egret swallowing a fish, with japanese narration from the cameraman. The fish obviously went down alive but doesn't struggle too much.

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:17 am

Here's a nice satisfying clip - a backyard video of a heron swallowing a good size frog alive. Notice the heron trying to sip water to aid in swallowing, but it's iced over - not a problem for the bird, who makes quick work of his slippery meal. :P

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 am

OK, once in a while a very good, very LONG video which is exactly the kind of thing I love to see gets uploaded. Sometimes these videos are captured by cameramen in other countries, and thus are harder to find if searching only in english. The following video was taken in Germany, and is a compilation of WELL OVER AN HOUR of Greedy Gray Herons Gulping Gulletfuls of Gigantic Goldfish!

Actually, they are supposedly golden trout - farmed, and easy - if massive - prey for the insatiable birds. This compilation is amazing, but needs stabilizing especially during the swallows. The music is fittingly dramatic, and I absolutely love, Love, LOVE that the cameraman takes the time to focus on the distended throats of the herons after the swallow - sometimes focusing on them for several minutes as the birds stretch out and stand tall, waiting for gravity to help the enormous fish to slide into their bellies.

There are 3 versions of this clip, but I'll link the one with the least filler - it's 32 minutes of amazing and vorish HD nature footage! I hope the bird lovers here enjoy it as much as I did. :-D

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Purrloin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:49 am

Fallenfox wrote:OK, once in a while a very good, very LONG video which is exactly the kind of thing I love to see gets uploaded. Sometimes these videos are captured by cameramen in other countries, and thus are harder to find if searching only in english. The following video was taken in Germany, and is a compilation of WELL OVER AN HOUR of Greedy Gray Herons Gulping Gulletfuls of Gigantic Goldfish!

Actually, they are supposedly golden trout - farmed, and easy - if massive - prey for the insatiable birds. This compilation is amazing, but needs stabilizing especially during the swallows. The music is fittingly dramatic, and I absolutely love, Love, LOVE that the cameraman takes the time to focus on the distended throats of the herons after the swallow - sometimes focusing on them for several minutes as the birds stretch out and stand tall, waiting for gravity to help the enormous fish to slide into their bellies.

There are 3 versions of this clip, but I'll link the one with the least filler - it's 32 minutes of amazing and vorish HD nature footage! I hope the bird lovers here enjoy it as much as I did. :-D

I saw that about a month or two ago and it's been sitting on my youtube recommendations ever since. Kept forgetting to add it here. Great video indeed.
Purrloin
Participator

Postby Fallenfox » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Another compilation from WildIrishSwan. He only leaves these up for a month or so and then deletes them.

This one is especially noteworthy for the footage from 5 minutes until the end - a GBH consuming a large, live duckling. The throat bulges are awesome, and the heron doesn't seem to want to wash the kicking prey down with water despite being standing ankle deep in it. Amazing footage! :gulp:

ETA: he deleted it and reposted a longer version!
ETA2: Aaaand it's gone. :(
ETA3:Aaaand it's back, renamed and re-edited.
Last edited by Fallenfox on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Here's a quick video of an Anhinga (?) making a meal out of what looks like a bluegill. I love the way these guys shake their throats to get their prey down.

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:21 am

These cormorants are swallowing huge live fish, huge enough so that it is quite a challenge to get them fully down their gullets. On some of them you have to look closely, but on many the wriggling throat bulge is quite obvious - the giveaway of course is the persistent gulping by the cormorant with a particularly energetic and resistant fish in his throat. :gulp:

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GBBG » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:32 pm

Those last two are fun. I love the way birds toss their heads and throw their whole bodies into eating.
Writing a vore novel. Check out an excerpt over in work to be shared!
GBBG
Participator

Postby Fallenfox » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:50 am

FYV (FrontYardVideo) delivers again with another great video of a heron eating a fat juicy goldfish out of his pond. This is a relaxing and satisfying feeding; the caption says he has 9 more large goldfish, and I hope we get 9 more videos of them wriggling down heron throats! :gulp:

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby HappyCore » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:04 am

Thank you so much for these! I try and find vids like this from time to time, but I've never been able to find very good ones. I love birds like these, such lovely underrated preds these beauties are. <3
HappyCore
Been posting for a bit

Postby Fallenfox » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:55 pm

The Portal is back online! Here's a new video to celebrate - a heron swallows a large live frog despite its valiant efforts to escape.

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:19 am

A GBH takes a large live trout from a creek that the cameraman was trying to stock with fish. He isn't too happy, but the heron is :gulp:

Here's one for GBBG - a heron takes a fish from a backyard pond; the video has had music and SFX added during the swallow! :D

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:27 pm

I love watching herons pluck gophers from the grass and scarf them down alive. Yum! :-D

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:50 am

Another gopher gets gulped down, this time in front of a famous landmark. I wish the heron would have stuck around a bit longer, as the prey was bolted down quite obviously alive.

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby blergle » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:44 am

Just found this one showing a heron swallowing a live chipmunk after giving it a good soaking. Awesome throat bulge action.

blergle
---

Postby Fallenfox » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:32 pm

Thanks for the contribution to this thread, blergle! Great video.

Here's another good shot of a GBH swallowing a small gopher, with a nice descending throat bulge.

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Thu May 02, 2019 3:23 pm

Here's an aptly named video of a slender white egret swallowing a good sized fish. Pretty intense wriggling throat bulge action in this one; he fought all the way down, which just let the bird swallow him faster! :gulp:

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RuffledFerret » Thu May 09, 2019 5:49 pm

http://imgur.com/gallery/TQqUg2u

Nice Imgur find. Some type of bird swallowing a large catfish whole.
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GBBG » Sat May 11, 2019 1:05 am

I've gotten behind on this thread, so many new videos! The last one looks like an Anhinga. They're great at swallowing stuff.

The sound effects in an earlier video are kind of humorous.
Writing a vore novel. Check out an excerpt over in work to be shared!
GBBG
Participator

Postby Fallenfox » Wed May 15, 2019 12:17 am

Another satisfying HD video of a heron downing a live fish.

Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion