Is This the End of Writing Dot Com Interactives?

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Re: Is This the End of Writing Dot Com Interactives?

Postby rarrawer » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:05 am

Minor update:
I'm still in the middle of processing the interactives but have discovered that some items were saved incorrectly.
I am about to begin redownloading those ~65 items before I resume generating the small versions.
Here is what's been built by my parser code so far, in case you don't want to wait a week or two more:
https://mega.nz/#!21Z0XChb!5gjtDdG_YOEa ... Zl6wukin2Q
This contains the 5614 interactives that have been processed so far.
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby rarrawer » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:24 am

I've just finished the parsing operations and am uploading the files now.

Here is a 3GB zip of all the zipped interactives:
https://mega.nz/#!nhJwAKII!uXHPPp3Jjme6 ... 08sAAP5NjI

Here is a folder with zipped individual interactives:
https://mega.nz/#F!LxAWlaDI!ISx9XIeHdOhSk7VSTpK6lA
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby rentaherobea » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:20 pm

Incredible work. This will provide a huge new chunk of erotica for everyone to sift through and read at their leisure. And it is fully searchable unlike the writing.com site. I use a program called agent ransack for this and it works well.

Again, simply monumental work.
rentaherobea
New to the forum

Postby GilPix » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:57 am

Bravo good Samaritan! You have done a great service for the world!
"Whenever history repeats itself, the price for the lesson goes up." -Anonymous
GilPix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jayezox » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:38 pm

For those on Androids I had difficulty finding a good html reader that uses the links properly on my Chromebook. There's an app called Local HTML Viewer that works just as good as a PC. Took me a while to find one that does what I want.
Jayezox
---

Postby Doughnutz2000 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:42 pm

rarrawer wrote:I've just finished the parsing operations and am uploading the files now.

Thank you dude! Nice being able to look at all these stories :D
Unbirth and Anal Vore FTW
Doughnutz2000
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby rubuio91 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:14 am

rarrawer wrote:I've just finished the parsing operations and am uploading the files now.

Oh my god thank you so much.
rubuio91
Been posting for a bit

Postby Lobo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:01 pm

Am I being daft? How do you read these?
Lobo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jayezox » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:14 am

Lobo wrote:Am I being daft? How do you read these?

If you are on a PC, unzip the files. If you are on an apple or android, it's trickier but you may need 3rd party programs for unzipping and reading html.
Jayezox
---

Postby khofer23 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:05 am

I've had an account on writing.com for a long time and all I do is read stories I do not make stories on that site. i'm okay with paying its not expensive.

I think one reason why they made it pay to read is because there are some functions they cannot release until people start paying cause I don't think its cheap for them to release as site expenses increase and other things. but that's my reason why I think they made it pay to read.
khofer23
New to the forum

Postby khofer23 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:12 am

Another thing if you are making stories and it costs you money. and what I mean is it takes your time away from working at a job. for example

You work 7 days a week but you also have to write for that site so you can only work 4-5 days a week. the 2 days you write writing.com should compensate for the 2 days. you also only pay once a year which is far better than once per month. because then I could not afford it.
khofer23
New to the forum

Postby Throku » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:05 pm

khofer23 wrote:I've had an account on writing.com for a long time and all I do is read stories I do not make stories on that site. i'm okay with paying its not expensive.

I think one reason why they made it pay to read is because there are some functions they cannot release until people start paying cause I don't think its cheap for them to release as site expenses increase and other things. but that's my reason why I think they made it pay to read.

I've been on writing.com since the site started, but the problem is not the size of the cost, it's the cost at all, we were all fine with commercial banners, problem is that every asshole in town has add-blockers nowadays and that means no ad-revenue. And the problem with the cost, is that it requires everyone to send their economic information and probably IDs all around, unfortunately we don't have the system the US has where I can go in to a bank and buy a credit card with a set amount of money on that I can then use for online transactions without risking more than what's on that card.
Well the geist of it is that I find it utterly pointless to pay for it (I as a writer stopped writing in part because I was even blocked from adding to stories on the site unless I paid.), since the ones that would pay for it would be so insignificantly few that I'd pretty much just be writing for myself anyway and I don't need a website for that.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby NigmaAndroid » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:04 am

Can anyone reupload this? i lost my harddrive and loved this collection. This was a super intense amount of work. As the person who saved the greyarchive by hand I know the kind of work it takes to do this and am dying that my copy is lost.If you dont want to publicly post it feel free to DM me. Thanks for reading this.
NigmaAndroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby four_fleets » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:58 pm

The larger of the 2 are now offline.
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GastricAztec » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:38 pm

Throku wrote:
khofer23 wrote:I've had an account on writing.com for a long time and all I do is read stories I do not make stories on that site. i'm okay with paying its not expensive.

I've been on writing.com since the site started, but the problem is not the size of the cost, it's the cost at all, we were all fine with commercial banners, problem is that every asshole in town has add-blockers nowadays and that means no ad-revenue. And the problem with the cost, is that it requires everyone to send their economic information and probably IDs all around, unfortunately we don't have the system the US has where I can go in to a bank and buy a credit card with a set amount of money on that I can then use for online transactions without risking more than what's on that card.
Well the geist of it is that I find it utterly pointless to pay for it (I as a writer stopped writing in part because I was even blocked from adding to stories on the site unless I paid.), since the ones that would pay for it would be so insignificantly few that I'd pretty much just be writing for myself anyway and I don't need a website for that.

I write my stories at Writing.com, and copy and paste them and post them at other sites. I don’t expect people to actually read them at Writing.com
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby alockwood1 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:15 pm

On the plus side, I can verify that there's still Interactives on WdC, as I'm a frequent adder to some. You might know me as the Big Bad Wolf over there. Now, while you need to have an Upgraded Paid Account to make them, anyone can add to them. With an Upgraded Membership, one can make 5 chapter options per addition, or you can ask the owner to open them up if you have a lower membership level.

That being said, one hint I'll give you is to set Dynamic Interactives to Off, unless you want to just fill your screen with the selections that you picked. Even I find that annoying.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RinTohsaka » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:58 pm

I've literally never posted on the forum despite having had an account for 8 years and have been visiting this site for much longer than that (back when this mid-to-late 2000s style web design was current...which, amusingly, in the era of "javascript all the things! web-app all the things!" is actually a breath of fresh air)

I discovered the following a few months back and it may be a better solution anyway since it's still updating even current stuff (and, amusingly, using it would actually help take the load off of writing.com's servers by virtue of being a mirror):

(I don't know if there's a bug happening right this instant or if its more fancy-pants possibly Chrome-focused javascript just doesn't like my Mozilla-based browsers, but I find I need to actually double-click on a story and then subsequently have to manually add "1" without quotes after the final slash at the end of the URL to then have the story actually show up 5-minutes-later EDIT: ...and now the issue seems fixed, go figure. 10-minutes-later EDIT: ...and now the issue seems to not only be back but my work-around doesn't work either, lolwut. Server maintenance maybe?)

That being said, ever since I had an old SSD using the notorious sandforce controller die on me back in 2015 literally the day after I thought about make a backup of it but then decided not to, I got a bit OCD about backups, so I still have the 3GB ZIP recompressed down to a ~750MB 7z archive (almost enough to burn to a CD! :P) but, even then, that'd take me several hours to upload on my slow internet (only around 100KB/s upload, not a typo).

So let me know if you really want that 2018 archive instead of just relying on the above links, especially since it's still a bit useful for locating chapters by a specific author if they've had their writing.com account deleted which is a function that the above links aren't capable of doing.
RinTohsaka
New to the forum

Postby GeneralUrist » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:41 pm

RinTohsaka wrote:I've literally never posted on the forum despite having had an account for 8 years and have been visiting this site for much longer than that (back when this mid-to-late 2000s style web design was current...which, amusingly, in the era of "javascript all the things! web-app all the things!" is actually a breath of fresh air)

I discovered the following a few months back and it may be a better solution anyway since it's still updating even current stuff (and, amusingly, using it would actually help take the load off of writing.com's servers by virtue of being a mirror):

(I don't know if there's a bug happening right this instant or if its more fancy-pants possibly Chrome-focused javascript just doesn't like my Mozilla-based browsers, but I find I need to actually double-click on a story and then subsequently have to manually add "1" without quotes after the final slash at the end of the URL to then have the story actually show up 5-minutes-later EDIT: ...and now the issue seems fixed, go figure. 10-minutes-later EDIT: ...and now the issue seems to not only be back but my work-around doesn't work either, lolwut. Server maintenance maybe?)

That being said, ever since I had an old SSD using the notorious sandforce controller die on me back in 2015 literally the day after I thought about make a backup of it but then decided not to, I got a bit OCD about backups, so I still have the 3GB ZIP recompressed down to a ~750MB 7z archive (almost enough to burn to a CD! :P) but, even then, that'd take me several hours to upload on my slow internet (only around 100KB/s upload, not a typo).

So let me know if you really want that 2018 archive instead of just relying on the above links, especially since it's still a bit useful for locating chapters by a specific author if they've had their writing.com account deleted which is a function that the above links aren't capable of doing.

I never knew those archives were a thing, thank you for linking them! I gave up on writing.com long ago since they restricted the ability of free users to go deep into interactive stories, so it's great to have a mirror like this!

...It's been a loooong time since I browsed the site, anything from the past few years y'all would recommend?
GeneralUrist
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:45 pm

GeneralUrist wrote:
RinTohsaka wrote:I've literally never posted on the forum despite having had an account for 8 years and have been visiting this site for much longer than that (back when this mid-to-late 2000s style web design was current...which, amusingly, in the era of "javascript all the things! web-app all the things!" is actually a breath of fresh air)

I never knew those archives were a thing, thank you for linking them! I gave up on writing.com long ago since they restricted the ability of free users to go deep into interactive stories, so it's great to have a mirror like this!

...It's been a loooong time since I browsed the site, anything from the past few years y'all would recommend?

It's not really restricted, but I'd turn Dynamic Interactives to Off to make things easier.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Interactive story