Implied vore outside of tastes and AUs

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Implied vore outside of tastes and AUs

Postby Tangentg » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:15 am

OK so these are 2 separate questions, but I thought I'd just ask them at the same time.

I realize I've had this thing with implied vore, which can involve stuff I normally don't prefer.

So normally, I don't care about what goes on inside the body, that's outside of my tastes. And similarly, I'm no fan of hard vore, but I realize some dreams I found hot and some stories I wrote include "implied vore" which would otherwise be outside my tastes, but since they are implied only, they are more than welcome.

So e.g. I could read a story where I end up getting fed to some wolves as they close in on me, and that's the end of the story. I would find that hot enough because even though it would go into same size/hard vore, that happens off-screen so it's fine for me, and the core elements of why vore appeals to me (that the predators want to eat the prey) are still present, and therefore that's fine enough.

Similarly, I normally say I don't like digestion, because I am not interested in what goes on after the prey is swallowed, but in a few stories where a predator is said to have "lost the ability to digest food" I actually find it to be not my thing, so it seems like this sort of digestion needs to be there, but only implicitly. I'm not a fan of reading descriptions of prey digestion or vore videos/animation that show it.

Is anyone else like that as well?

Also my other question is that the way I've always dealt with vore scenarios is that there's generally no reform (a thing which I find to be present a lot after joining a vore community). Instead, every time a prey gets eaten, they just die. But after they die, that "universe" is also immediately abandoned. So the next time I fantasize about anything, it would be in an alternate universe where the previous encounter has not happened, so the pred and the prey could actually meet again, having no prior meeting of each other, and eat again. At the same time that means the prey dies but, they don't truly die off because there's always an alt universe where they're alive that I will move on to as soon as they get eaten. I haven't heard much about people who think of it that way aside from like once so I'm also interested in knowing if others deal with vore fantasies this way?

Thanks.
If you lick my clothes and think it's tasty then eat my clothes and spare me.
Tangentg
Been posting for a bit

Re: Implied vore outside of tastes and AUs

Postby Rendezvore » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:57 am

Oh my, yes.~ Pre-vore, implied vore, imminent vore... are a lot of my main drive in this kink. I find it far more stimulating than the act itself.

Specifically, I have a deep passion for preparation and food play, which is a type of foreplay for me and my characters. It doesn't have to involve anything further if you're not comfortable with it and I've found many people who feel the same way. Even people who don't usually care for cooking are fine with it being implied (and have even decided they really liked it)! 8O

Unfortunately, the cooking community insists that softer prep pics also be tagged "cooking" and this scares a large majority of people off, thinking that this automatically leads to fatality and hard vore. They might blacklist cooking altogether because it's being used as an umbrella term for anything even remotely related and are often unaware of the differences, which is a real shame. :|

------

As for the second topic, that is still a type of reformation called off-screen or off-scene. That's how it's dealt with in a lot of RP chat rooms. The characters may joke about fatal vore scenes with each other in passing, but when in serious RP those characters don't know each other anymore with a completely new scene.
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby cranberryknights1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:46 am

I do like implied vore to a degree but mostly as a tease.I still wanna see the actual action taking place but i'm more thinking of a pred kinda patting there belly and opening there mouth wide at there prey before a scene fades to black or cuts away or something.

In regards to your second question I kinda do the same thing and just not have a single time line to my fantasies so if someone gets eaten they can remain inside the pred in one world per say while in another the same prey can appear again so that this time a different pred can eat them.My version is a little different sense I don't like any fatal vore.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby Tangentg » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:39 am

I suppose the implied vore does relate to pre-vore for me since all of what I enjoy in vore are actually pre-vore. A little chase, a little fight/resistance (but nothing that hurts the pred), then finally the predator captures the prey and tastes them all over, before finally swallowing them, and that's where it ends for me. That's an example of a normal vore fantasy for me, whereas implied vore to me doesn't get to the swallowing bit necessarily, and probably no tasting is even involved, just, the predator(s) closing in on you.

Also the kind of appeal of "the predator wants to eat you" is what leaves vampire vore open to me, although I never really interpret a vampire vore scenario as anything more painful than say a needle injection, but also mostly the kind of implied blood sucking that will come later has the kind of appeal I talked about when it comes to pre-vore.

And I distinguish alternate universes from off-screen reformation because I often hear people say stuff like "I ate you a few days ago, you were delicious, I want to eat you again" and this isn't really my thing (I'm guessing this is what you were referring to with "joking about fatal vore scenes"). I'm just not a fan of this kinda thing and for my AU stuff they have to have never met, and often I would have the same scenario play out in my mind except there's some differences here and there, and the parties involved wouldn't get any sense of deja vu.

--

I suppose implied vore could be a bit of a tease for me too yeah, but specifically what I found interesting is that it leaves stuff like same size/hard vore open, which is the main difference from actually going into a normal non-implied vore scenario for me. In such cases then size difference would no longer be a requirement, and you don't get the eating scene, but it is nonetheless appealing to me.
If you lick my clothes and think it's tasty then eat my clothes and spare me.
Tangentg
Been posting for a bit

Postby EnderDracolich » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:41 pm

Well, I would say so, though I have pretty wide tastes anyway.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby yetra » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:16 am

I wouldn't say it's my preference in particular. But there's definitely something to be said about the ambiguity of not seeing it depicted but still knowing it's there, almost as a kind of psychological horror. My mind just impulsively fills in the gaps faster than I can process what I'm imagining, and this can mean getting viscerally overwhelmed by the thought of something that would be more of an actual turn-off to see depicted outright. And when something so intense is just explained away with something like "jk there was no digestion and it was ok", it sometimes does take away from that feeling.

But I think that's really because I'm more into the implications and dynamics that come with vore, rather than just the pure act. So something can also be really effective even if there aren't any horrific stakes or if things turn out okay, if it all still feels ambiguous enough to be dangerous. Often I find the gentler and kinder preds appealing for the same reason, because the gap between their words and actions makes every moment so filled with uncertainty, it doesn't matter if everything turns out alright in the end--how can you trust them after all?

In terms of generic fantasies I usually default to having it be the prey's first time getting eaten and ending the self-contained fantasy with whatever feels appropriate for the situation, but that's really just because it's the least effort to think about.
yetra
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion