Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V21G

Postby Anesthetic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:38 am

Ok, so I'm liking most things the game has going for it right now, but.

There is 1 thing I truely despise. I can't see what the actuall stats for my army with the leader in it are. Since the leadership bonus is factored in, I have to mentally subtract from their stats to get their current stats, and it makes planning level ups a Pain.

Their stats should be shown at their base level, and the leadership bonus is something we should add our selves.

Also I want to point out my characters are level 6 and there is a single level 28 Compy runining around?

All I can say is many knew what it was to roast in the depths of a Sloar that day I can tell you. I just didn't realize the Sloar was so tiny.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:38 am

Remember when I said the bellies on the upper left tool-tip was stretched and you shot it down?

WELL WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS!? I finally remembered to take a screenshot of what I meant.
stretch.png

And NO, it's NOT in the middle of a bounce animation.

*phew*

And with THAT out of the way... another... bug?

Sometimes(not with EVERY village, but some of them), the AI's garrison is only lvl 1(they also don't have ANY exp), even though I KNOW the AI has buildings that provides team exp(It's possibly a bug with the crazy buildings).

Anesthetic wrote:There is 1 thing I truely despise. I can't see what the actuall stats for my army with the leader in it are. Since the leadership bonus is factored in, I have to mentally subtract from their stats to get their current stats, and it makes planning level ups a Pain.

Their stats should be shown at their base level, and the leadership bonus is something we should add our selves.

You know, if you hover over the stat it shows what the base is, AND the increase from the leader bonus...
stat.PNG
stat.PNG (17.07 KiB) Viewed 2041 times

Maybe we could do without the green "(+7)", otherwise someone might think it's 95+7(which equal 102), and that could cause some confusion.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Anesthetic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Remember when I said the bellies on the upper left tool-tip was stretched and you shot it down?

You know, if you hover over the stat it shows what the base is, AND the increase from the leader bonus...
stat.PNG

Maybe we could do without the green "(+7)", otherwise someone might think it's 95+7(which equal 102), and that could cause some confusion.

Yeah I don't wanna have to do that. That takes more effort then it should.

If my stats say 24 (+3) That should mean that my stats are functionally 27 and that if I level up it will put me at 29 (+3) making it functionally 32, and not the way it is which means 24 (+3) means my stats are actually at a 21 and are functionally a 24, meaning if I level up they go to 29 functionally.

It's confusing to see the modifier after it's allready been applied.

And having to go in to figrue out for sure what the characters actual base rank for each skill is needless busywork.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:22 pm

TershaSerou wrote:
I'm likely to implement some things along these lines eventually, with a way of protecting, and a way to manually regurgitate, though I'm not sure of the best way to do it (giving a list of all units and picking seems impractical, picking a random unit is more 'realistic' and could also make for interesting decisions / surprises.)

That sounds like it'd be real nice, maybe even a healing vore or non-acid vore for like protection of injured units.
meanwhile..

Currently the leader is the only resurrectable unit. I plan to add a resurrection spell, but that would require having the spell and mana to spare (and only usable on units in that battle). I've also debated adding a cheat trait for recoverable units as well, if you'd be interested in that, let me know.

This could make it so we could actually get attached to units. Which will help with making use of the custom auto-leveling. (Maybe even make certain units prey on purpose lol)

I'll go ahead and stick in the random regurgitation option. That would be very simple to implement, and could be interesting. At some point I'll have some more vore functions, but still not quite sure how that would be tied in.

I've added the eternal trait, and will probably go ahead and get the resurrection spell in too.

Wolfcrux wrote:i wanted to know what is that?last time i asked turbotown about it,he didn't know,it looked like a condom last time i saw it.

If you mean the pink one, that was indeed a condom, was mentioned as a possible mechanic where a unit could fill it up and leave it with the liquified prey, and then another unit could eat it, but I haven't done anything with that yet.

Turbotowns wrote:How are classes coming along?

Haven't done much with them yet. It's sort of the big storm cloud off in the distance that I don't know how to approach.

SilhouettiShine wrote:Another possible cheat trait: Immune to Acid damage (AcidImmune). I'm not talking about Acid resistance, but literally no damage taken from Acid.

Could result in a never-ending battle, but I could easily do 20 turns of immunity as a cheat.

Turbotowns wrote:Would it turn the unit into a pseudo leader? If so, YES PLEASE!

Okay, that's in.

Anesthetic wrote:There is 1 thing I truely despise. I can't see what the actuall stats for my army with the leader in it are. Since the leadership bonus is factored in, I have to mentally subtract from their stats to get their current stats, and it makes planning level ups a Pain.

It does list their base stats on the level up panel, but I get what you mean. I've adjusted it for the next patch so that you can either have it display the final value only "60", or the final value and the base value "60 (52)" (If they are the same it just lists the base). Honestly I don't think the + was really needed after the advent of tooltips, it was just lingering around because that's the way it had always been.

Anesthetic wrote:Also I want to point out my characters are level 6 and there is a single level 28 Compy runining around?

Hmm, either there are some strong AI armies, or you have the compy scaling % set really high, or there's a bug.

Turbotowns wrote:WELL WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS!? I finally remembered to take a screenshot of what I meant.

I'll look into this and see if I can figure out what's going on (it actually looks like the belly is off center)

Turbotowns wrote:Sometimes(not with EVERY village, but some of them), the AI's garrison is only lvl 1(they also don't have ANY exp), even though I KNOW the AI has buildings that provides team exp(It's possibly a bug with the crazy buildings).

I'll check it out.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby InconspicuousDragon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:57 pm

I see I've already been responded to, thanks for the info on how Flee works, and hot damn you work fast.

The cheat trait isn't quite what I had in mind but it definitely covers what I was thinking of regardless. I figured say add a building which enables a button on characters that let you bind them to a certain city so that they can be resurrected there if they die in battle at a cost, say a small amount of EXP or gold to create a save-state (Maybe gold to create the bind and a portion of EXP gained between bindings is lost on resurrection), though admittedly I'm only a beginner in the field so my estimate of what takes how much work might be wildly off and the cheat trait will more than do anyway.

Random regurgitation sounds awesome! Will it affect dead/surrendered units though, or be limited to ones that are still alive and in fighting shape? Multi-tile boss monsters sound equally awesome, don't suppose one is the fabled true dragon mentioned in the Wyvern description?

Turbotowns wrote:
Welcome to Eka's! :D

Thank you, happy to be here :-D
InconspicuousDragon
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:43 pm

InconspicuousDragon wrote:I see I've already been responded to, thanks for the info on how Flee works, and hot damn you work fast.

The cheat trait isn't quite what I had in mind but it definitely covers what I was thinking of regardless. I figured say add a building which enables a button on characters that let you bind them to a certain city so that they can be resurrected there if they die in battle at a cost, say a small amount of EXP or gold to create a save-state (Maybe gold to create the bind and a portion of EXP gained between bindings is lost on resurrection), though admittedly I'm only a beginner in the field so my estimate of what takes how much work might be wildly off and the cheat trait will more than do anyway.

Random regurgitation sounds awesome! Will it affect dead/surrendered units though, or be limited to ones that are still alive and in fighting shape? Multi-tile boss monsters sound equally awesome, don't suppose one is the fabled true dragon mentioned in the Wyvern description?

That's certainly an option for the future, I wasn't sure if perma life was something practical. It would be optional, but you may be on to something with having pay to money to create the protection, or perhaps pay money on an ongoing basis to have a unit with that kind of protection, and I'd probably do exp loss as well.

Hmm, I didn't consider that, but probably only living units. It may make slightly less sense that way, but partially digested units have always been considered to vanish from the field entirely if they touch the ground. (If you kill a unit with a partially digested unit, it has always vanished entirely, regardless of your settings)

Turbotowns wrote:I finally remembered to take a screenshot of what I meant.

So, I spent 20 minutes trying to replicate this to figure out what the issue was and had no luck. Is there a way you can get this to happen, or is it just a really rare thing? I did discover a visual error where the head is 5 pixels too far to the left, but that's unrelated (and now fixed).
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby InconspicuousDragon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:23 pm

Aurilika wrote:
InconspicuousDragon wrote:I see I've already been responded to, thanks for the info on how Flee works, and hot damn you work fast.

That's certainly an option for the future, I wasn't sure if perma life was something practical. It would be optional, but you may be on to something with having pay to money to create the protection, or perhaps pay money on an ongoing basis to have a unit with that kind of protection, and I'd probably do exp loss as well.

Hmm, I didn't consider that, but probably only living units. It may make slightly less sense that way, but partially digested units have always been considered to vanish from the field entirely if they touch the ground. (If you kill a unit with a partially digested unit, it has always vanished entirely, regardless of your settings)

If I could make a quick suggestion about how to handle the cost?
Hypothetically speaking, lets call the system "Soul Imprinting"
Creating an Imprint costs half the calculated gold value of the unit whos imprint you want, and adds the trait "Imprinted" to the unit.
The imprint saves all the units stats, appearance, and traits minus "imprinted"
If the unit dies, they'll automatically return to the location where the imprint was created at exactly the same state at which the unit was imprinted, losing all EXP gained since the imprint was taken.
A unit can only be imprinted in one location at a time.
Buying a new imprint while one already exists will override the old one, updating the location and both saved values and cost.

This would make the cost:effect:risk ratio something that's handled on the fly and organically.

Just my two cents :gulp:
InconspicuousDragon
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 pm

I just updated the mac and linux zip files to hopefully be in the right format to be used without additional steps. Sorry about the delay, I was thinking I'd just release them with the next patch, but I've sort of expanded the scope a little(There's a few graphics that are nearing completion so they may be included as well), so I figured I should get those workable versions out.
InconspicuousDragon wrote:If I could make a quick suggestion about how to handle the cost?
Creating an Imprint costs half the calculated gold value of the unit whos imprint you want, and adds the trait "Imprinted" to the unit.
If the unit dies, they'll automatically return to the location where the imprint was created at exactly the same state at which the unit was imprinted, losing all EXP gained since the imprint was taken.
Buying a new imprint while one already exists will override the old one, updating the location and both saved values and cost.

This would make the cost:effect:risk ratio something that's handled on the fly and organically.

That system would probably work fairly well. It means that I'd have to save a second copy of the unit, but that's not much of a concern, the save files are still pretty small. I guess I'd want to add a way to see what your imprinted stats are, so that you have some idea how out of date your unit is.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Heptarch8 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:39 am

The Linux files work now, thanks for the update!
Heptarch8
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:08 am

InconspicuousDragon wrote:Just my two cents :gulp:

Aurilika wrote:That system would probably work fairly well. It means that I'd have to save a second copy of the unit, but that's not much of a concern, the save files are still pretty small. I guess I'd want to add a way to see what your imprinted stats are, so that you have some idea how out of date your unit is.

But that would only work for 1 unit sounds like(Which is fine for me as I only HAVE 1 unit I want to protect... for now)...
Turbotowns
???

Postby InconspicuousDragon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:34 am

Aurilika wrote:I just updated the mac and linux zip files to hopefully be in the right format to be used without additional steps. Sorry about the delay, I was thinking I'd just release them with the next patch, but I've sort of expanded the scope a little(There's a few graphics that are nearing completion so they may be included as well), so I figured I should get those workable versions out.
InconspicuousDragon wrote:If I could make a quick suggestion about how to handle the cost?

That system would probably work fairly well. It means that I'd have to save a second copy of the unit, but that's not much of a concern, the save files are still pretty small. I guess I'd want to add a way to see what your imprinted stats are, so that you have some idea how out of date your unit is.

Cursor over the trait shows the units information at time of capture?

Turbotowns wrote:
InconspicuousDragon wrote:Just my two cents :gulp:

Aurilika wrote:That system would probably work fairly well. It means that I'd have to save a second copy of the unit, but that's not much of a concern, the save files are still pretty small. I guess I'd want to add a way to see what your imprinted stats are, so that you have some idea how out of date your unit is.

But that would only work for 1 unit sounds like(Which is fine for me as I only HAVE 1 unit I want to protect... for now)...

All depends on how it's coded. The only real limitation to how many unit's could have the trait added in the system I described would be the semi exponentially increasing cost of protecting more and more units while also increasing the cost over time of updating imprints. Though for balance a hard limit on how many you could imprint could also be imposed as well, it would just be a matter of limiting the saved pool to a certain number. Personally I'd be more for no random limit
InconspicuousDragon
New to the forum

Postby nnnddt » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:23 am

Hi !
Would it be possible to add something for letting us put traits to race ?
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:23 pm

nnnddt wrote:Hi !

Wait... to the race as a whole?

Oh yeah, weren't we supposed to get random traits? Like traits that are automatically put onto units?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Pawz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Something I'd like to see if we start having more units other then the leader that can keep coming back, maybe have an option that works the opposite of weight gain and makes a unit lose weight the more it gets resurrected and if possible.. say that unit made the pred breasts of cock larger have their breasts or cock get smaller when resurected as a result. As is all the leaders are running around at maximum weight and it would be a fun indicator to see a chunky leader and know they have not been defeated in a while.
Pawz
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Pawz wrote:Something I'd like to see if we start having more units other then the leader that can keep coming back, maybe have an option that works the opposite of weight gain and makes a unit lose weight the more it gets resurrected and if possible.. say that unit made the pred breasts of cock larger have their breasts or cock get smaller when resurected as a result. As is all the leaders are running around at maximum weight and it would be a fun indicator to see a chunky leader and know they have not been defeated in a while.

Interesting, We might need more weight levels for a more impactful/discernible difference. Something I want more of regardless anyway.
Turbotowns
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
Pawz wrote:Something I'd like to see if we start having more units other then the leader that can keep coming back, maybe have an option that works the opposite of weight gain and makes a unit lose weight the more it gets resurrected and if possible.. say that unit made the pred breasts of cock larger have their breasts or cock get smaller when resurected as a result. As is all the leaders are running around at maximum weight and it would be a fun indicator to see a chunky leader and know they have not been defeated in a while.

Interesting, We might need more weight levels for a more impactful/discernible difference. Something I want more of regardless anyway.

I still personally wish i could limit the body weight gain to keep their forms slender while increasing bust size, or limit it to level 2-3 instead of getting obese. As well as limiting to level 1 huge breasts instead of level 2 which gets much larger than the previous level and changes outfits.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Heptarch8 wrote:The Linux files work now, thanks for the update!

Excellent, glad it works.
InconspicuousDragon wrote:All depends on how it's coded. The only real limitation to how many unit's could have the trait added in the system I described would be the semi exponentially increasing cost of protecting more and more units while also increasing the cost over time of updating imprints. Though for balance a hard limit on how many you could imprint could also be imposed as well, it would just be a matter of limiting the saved pool to a certain number. Personally I'd be more for no random limit

I think that system would work fairly well, I'll probably stick it in in the next patch or two.

nnnddt wrote:Hi !

Well, you can already do that if you play out of the source release, but it would probably be a good idea to add a way for the actual game itself. I'll see if I can find a presentable way to add that, though it may not be right away.

Turbotowns wrote:Oh yeah, weren't we supposed to get random traits? Like traits that are automatically put onto units?

I thought I'd said something about this before but I quick search doesn't find it. I ended up shelving them for a bit in favor of some other things. They may make an appearance later on.

Someone on the discord suggested resetting their sizes to original levels on death, but I think I like the sound of simply lowering all of the levels on death better as you suggest, it's simpler to comprehend, and has an effect on units that started out at maximum size.

Turbotowns wrote:nteresting, We might need more weight levels for a more impactful/discernible difference. Something I want more of regardless anyway.

Well, if we had spriters more interested in that it might happen, but that's potentially dozens to hundreds of sprites depending on how many levels and what races it was done for.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:I still personally wish i could limit the body weight gain to keep their forms slender while increasing bust size, or limit it to level 2-3 instead of getting obese. As well as limiting to level 1 huge breasts instead of level 2 which gets much larger than the previous level and changes outfits.

The non-standards between races make that slightly tricky, but at some point I may have a more comprehensive cosmetic package in there. I may try to slide a basic system in there, though.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dddddd2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:51 pm

Working on scat sprites, it should be done soon. Click the spoiler below for some details and screenshots.
Spoiler: show
The sprite:
scat_v2.png
scat_v2.png (35.99 KiB) Viewed 1227 times

So there are 3 sizes (Large, Medium, Small) and each has 3 variants; the size of scat will be determined by prey's body size and the bones to use is identical to the data from PredatorComponent.GenerateBones(preyUnit)
Can still turn off the bone and use the new scat sprite only.

Layers look like this:
------
scat back (scat_v2.png row 1,3,5)
bone1
bone2(if there's any)
scat front (scat_v2.png row 2,4,6)
------
Screenshot of testing:
2019-04-15 00 58 23.png

2019-04-15 01 33 48.png

It's possible to adjust the bones' size/hide or change certain race's bones&skull/change color/change position/ etc. so feel free to suggest.

Also is there any way to export these setting and the sliced sprite data separately (from the whole project)?
2019-04-15 01 02 31.png
2019-04-15 01 02 31.png (22.05 KiB) Viewed 1230 times

And if it's not too much trouble, can you explain that if I were to add a content setting option, how do I link the UI checkbox element to the actual config option and how many places(files) I need to modify synchronously?
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:04 pm

The lvl 1 garrison glitch effected me too, and I DEFINITELY have exp buildings.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 pm

dddddd2 wrote:Working on scat sprites, it should be done soon. Click the spoiler below for some details and screenshots.
Also is there any way to export these setting and the sliced sprite data separately (from the whole project)?
And if it's not too much trouble, can you explain that if I were to add a content setting option, how do I link the UI checkbox element to the actual config option and how many places(files) I need to modify synchronously?

I would imagine there is probably a decent way somewhere, but I'm not familiar with it. I've generally just been recreating them manually, since that's really only come up a few times.

The steps would be:
Spoiler: show
add a new Toggle at the top of ContentSettings.cs
public Toggle WhateverName;
in the createlist function in that file, add a new toggleobject (true if enabled by default, false if not)
new ToggleObject(WhateverName, "WhateverName",true),

In Config.cs add a new line

internal static bool WhateverName => World.GetValue("WhateverName");

Then, the only step left would be adding the actual toggle to the one of the content pages, and drag that toggle into the listing for content settings.

Turbotowns wrote:The lvl 1 garrison glitch effected me too, and I DEFINITELY have exp buildings.

I did find a bug where if you load a game and haven't made it through everyone's turn yet it might not have refreshed the empire exp boost (though the boost from the village's own buildings was still operational), so that's fixed for the next version.
If that's not it, then the reason the AIs don't tend to get it in crazy buildings (at least for quite a while) is the first training building that adds empire wide experience costs 500 exp from your leader, so it takes a while to get there. That probably actually handicaps the AI, but I haven't really messed around with the crazy buildings mod balance at all, I've largely left it as Annoynimouse created it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game