A bit gross even for this site but: pred dies post vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

A bit gross even for this site but: pred dies post vore?

Postby Miridium » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:23 am

This is an idea I've had every once in a while. Suppose your pred eats you and then for whatever reason dies. Yet you're still trapped inside. Digestion would obviously stop but you'd still be exposed to residual gastric fluids. Not to mention you might not escape, especially if the pred does not start to decay. What would you do and how would you feel?

Oh and I almost forgot. If there is a decay factor here, you'd be stuck while everything around you decomposes, putrefies, and gets infested with maggots and other detritovores.

What do you think? Something that could work or something that goes too far even here?
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: A bit gross even for this site but: pred dies post vore?

Postby cranberryknights1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:55 am

Lol yeah that sounds pretty gross.I don't like fatal vore or anything graphic to begin with so something like this is like a nightmare scenario for me.I am strictly prey myself so when it comes to preds I want to be inside I am attracted to them and like them quite a bit so the last thing I would want is for them to die.I would be lying if I said this thought had not crossed my mind in the past though its just not something I personally like. Just the thoughts of maggots makes my skin crawl and makes me kinda itchy all over :lol:
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:45 am

I moreso occasionally enjoy a pred getting a comeuppance and being caught, but the prey being rescued or fighting out after death, or rupturing the stomach to cause the death is more appealing than trapping the prey in a rotting corpse. Mostly comes from the part of my that resents vore or hates certain character types.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 157and493 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:58 am

That sounds like an interesting twist on a vore story to me. I think it would be entertaining to see the prey slowly descending into madness due to begin in a small confined place for so long.

Also, as long as it does not go against the site rules, then NOTHING is “too far” in my opinion no matter what it is.
157and493
Participator

Postby Peptidase » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:38 am

Super interesting conscept. As someone who adores doing horrible things to their characters, I feel like this has some potentia, even if it's not something I'd do myself out of preferance. You could obviously play around with the pred cause of death. Poisoning by the prey would give things a delightfully ironic twist. I'd personally go via a route where the prey tears up the pred from inside if I were writhing on the theme, but then you loose some dynamic with the trapped prey. Starving to death on a full stomach could be interesting. Preds tend to have funky metabolisms that would probably make this an unsurprising outcome of using up so much energy to catch live prey. Maybe the prey is really bad at preventing choking and gets swallowed trying to clear blockage. Maybe the prey is the blockage,only wiggling down once the pred is suffocated on being swallowed by the Preds final movement.

Prey that ends up rotting alive more than being digested could have a ton of potential too. Make up some fantastical microbiome for the pred so the prey doesn't instantly die of infection but goes runny first. I mean if Ppeds are going to produce so much waste it might be in their evolutionary favor not to pick up gut flora that spread infection but do assist with digestion. Termites for example harbor protists that break down cellulose for them. A pred full of bone digesting bacteria could be an interesting bit of sci-fi on the side. If maggots are involved, they could keep the prey's wounds free of rot as they are away ate away the necrotizing fasciitis.

The big things with this I think are that a) the pred/prey dynamic is hindered by one of them being dead, so the forces of nature would have to work double time to fill that role, almost ending up more like a plant vore story, and b) this setting begets a type of almost science fiction realism would be tricky to achieve with plausibility without significant medical knowledge. Most vore already exists in a fairly fantastical realm for the whole core premise to work, but I'd imagine it's harder to handwave away rotting and infection quite as easily As suffocation and blood loss usually are. So if I were writhing this I might want to find a few morbid documentaries to put on while I worked.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:42 am

To start... that does sound pretty gross...

On to my full response.
There is an upcoming scene in a "documentary" vore fic I'm currently writing where the scientist (who isn't actually a scientist, she's just someone with a video camera, an acid resistant suit she stole from a laboratory, and a LOT of spare time) gets eaten by something that promptly dies because another animal kills it (kinda thinking like the Indominus was killing other dinos for sport in Jurassic World. This thing can get all the food it wants whenever it wants so it doesn't need to hunt to eat, it just enjoys the thrill. Not the thing that ate the scientist, the thing that kills what ate her) but, since she's a scientist and didn't expect to be swallowed whole, she didn't carry a better knife than the pocket knife she was given as a present by her dad for completing her run in college to get her degree, so she can't exactly cut her way out and has no choice but to stew in the things stomach until decay sets in enough for her to cut her way out because the flesh has weakened enough DUE to decay she can actually utilize her wimpy little knife. Obviously, the smell is disgusting and she doesn't have an air filter in her suit, so she can smell everything, from the rotting meat still in the things gut to the rot of the thing that ate her.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Dekkard2 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:12 pm

a scavenger could help the prey escape by picking at the dead pred's innards
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby 32n59Deleted » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Nah, I don't think that's "too gross for the site". The more perspectives on vore the better at least imo. Also remember, everyone can alter the levels of "realism" that a scenario has for them personally - like for instance the pred could die but there might not be any putrefaction or decay in an individual's imagining of it (I've actually thought of preds dying post-vore myself in this altered circumstance).
32n59Deleted
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:04 am

I forget the author, maybe Steven King. Wrote a short story about a guy who gets revenge on his cheating wife. He catches her in the hot tub, pinned under the beefed up bulky bodybuilder she'd been cheating with. Who knew steroids cause heart attacks. Anyway, he leaves her pinned there, thinking she'll drown or otherwise die underneath her lover in the hot tub, and takes a vacation. When he returns, he finds out she's eaten her way out from underneath the dead guy. It ends with her approaching her ex, explaining that it'll be the perfect excuse for an insanity defense when she eats him.

I imagine similar hard vore is how the prey could escape the stomach of the dead pred.
Siuddithsi
---

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:48 am

This actually happens in certain cases. Snakes can die from swallowing something that is too big for them to digest before it starts to rot in their stomachs. (Snakes are interesting creatures but intelligence isn't their strong suit.)

Of course, in most such situations, unless the prey has an independent oxygen supply, it will predecease the predator, so they'll both be dead.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NotTadpole » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:54 pm

I actually think that's a pretty fascinating idea. I'd like to see a comic involving something like this.
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby RuffledFerret » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:50 pm

Points for the original and interesting idea, but it does seem disgusting in a very terrifying way.
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Heartless » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:56 pm

I would think, given the creature would now be dead and thus non functioning, you might be able to potentially get back up its throat since the muscles that keep you down wouldn't work anymore.
"Daisy, Daisy/Give me your answer do/I'm half crazy/all for the love of you"
- HAL 9000
Heartless
Participator

Postby Kitsouille » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:44 am

It's not something that would be part of my fantasies but I've always found the thought to be interesting, it's such a cruel fate.

If examples are accepted, it happens in Pacific Rim and in the first God of War. The latter is particularly cruel, the prey has been eaten before the Hydra boss fight but is still inside its esophagus after it dies. Then Kratos take the key around his neck and drop him down the Hydra's throat. VERY unlucky but I don't think he would have made it since clinging and climbing a throat is pretty darn impossible ^^;
Kitsouille
???

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:12 am

Miridium wrote:This is an idea I've had every once in a while. Suppose your pred eats you and then for whatever reason dies. Yet you're still trapped inside.
...What do you think? Something that could work or something that goes too far even here?

This is something I have mentioned before, and why I think that struggling inside a stomach is a really, utterly terrible idea. Not all animals are even capable of puking, and even if the pred is capable, it doesn't mean that attacking their stomach won't seriously injure them without causing them to regurgitate. It's better to accept you fate, IMO, than risk killing the predator, because...

Being inside a predator when they die would be a really terrible fate - and make no mistake, it would be a fate - because there's very little chance you would survive. Being swallowed would almost certainly injure you, so you would be bruised and probably have a few broken bones and then you would have to deal with painful digestive fluids. If the predator suddenly died, you will still be digested; it wouldn't suddenly stop the way you might think, the chemicals already in the stomach would still be reactive and still effect your tissues.

The difference would be that it would be a slower, and nastier process; slower because no - new - fluids would be secreted. You would mostly be stewing in chyme, which could still cause serious, fatal chemical burns - it would just take longer. It would be nastier because the digestive tract is one of the first places decay starts; as soon as something dies, the bacteria in the gut start to decompose it from the inside out. You would smell it quite literally minutes after the predator died, and it would only get worse and worse, with foul smelling - and toxic - gasses and fluids surrounding you. That alone could be fatal.

You would be stuck in a tight space; to get out you would have to tear through bone, muscles, and skin, as well as the stomach lining - without a blade of some kind, that would be a nigh-impossible task. You would be dead from the toxic and caustic conditions inside the stomach long before you could actually escape. Tearing through flesh like that is really hard to do using just human hands and fingers, and you would be doing it A) In the dark B) In a wet, damp space, C) While your whole body was being burned by caustic chemichals, and D) While dealing with horrible fumes.

So the predator dying isn't a ticket to freedom - rather it just makes your own experience that much worse. That's not even accounting for the potential psychological factors involved with being trapped inside a rotting dead body.

Anyway, that's my take on it - don't try to kill the predator if you get eaten; it might look like poetic revenge on paper, but the reality would be pretty damn nasty and you would still probably die anyway. You're much better off trying to reason, bribe, or otherwise talk your way out, or even just accepting digestion.

If the pred just randomly dies on their own without you actually doing it, that's rather terrible luck for you. You're guaranteed that you won't be let out - dead things can't be reasoned with, and can't vomit you up involuntarily - and you're gonna have an even slower and nastier death.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:40 pm

I've never bought the whole swallowing crushes you thing. I just don't think the esophagus is or needs to be that strong. And there's videos of small animals getting swallowed and still struggling inside the stomach, or getting regurgitated and being fine.

Then, when a creature dies, all muscles immediately go limp. I think crawling up the throat at that point is almost trivial.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion