Vorelike (formerly VDOS)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vorelike (formerly VDOS)

Postby Someone92 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:52 am

Robertruler77 wrote:Hello, i cant seem to install any of the mob downloads here. None of them ever seem to spawn. Is there something im missing?

A few posts above yours:

"Make sure you go into Defaultitems.txt (in mods), scroll to the bottom and enter the monsters you wish to add in the same format as the ones shown."
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby whitewendigo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:50 pm

I keep getting a white screen when I try to open the game in chrome or internet explorer any way to fix this?
whitewendigo
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:43 pm

It's been a while. Are there any news or future plans, or has this been abandoned? I'd really like to see it go further, and really hope there are still plans to work on it!
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Psychfennec » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:56 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:It's been a while. Are there any news or future plans, or has this been abandoned? I'd really like to see it go further, and really hope there are still plans to work on it!
I've been very busy with real life issues and I have to sadly say that I will no longer be maintaining this project. Please feel free to use / modify the engine / game, though I would ask for a simple acknowledgement in the credits.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:49 am

Psychfennec wrote:I've been very busy with real life issues and I have to sadly say that I will no longer be maintaining this project. Please feel free to use / modify the engine / game, though I would ask for a simple acknowledgement in the credits.

Alright. Hope you can get back to it someday, but I understand if not. And sure, I always try to be careful about crediting... IIRC this was under the MIT license otherwise.

Anyway I have several projects on my list right now (some games, some vore). If no one else offers, I might make a fork on Github (with soft vore only to not offend the prudes and social-justice-warriors there) and use my current knowledge in JS to see if I can add the features I had in mind. It might however be more constructive if someone else offered to do this for the time being, who might have even more time and abilities to help with it.

So is anyone else interested in forking this and bringing the project back to life?
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby VoreFan362 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:40 pm

I noticed something odd. When the giantess does oral vore, the status reports that my character is still in the mouth, while it should be reporting that the character is in her stomach.
VoreFan362
Participator

Location: Inside a nice giantess/giant cat girl's stomach, and loving it!

Postby Tsunderekumiho » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Hey guys, so I'm working on my own mod of this (not sure if I'll post or not, but I might share some of it eventually), but I'm planning something significantly more text heavy. Anyways, I have three main questions I was wondering if somebody might know the answer to (I am aware that official development has stopped, so many of these might be hit or miss).

First up concerns the text box below, mainly is there a way that I can adjust the amount of screen space that it takes up? I'm finding that I actually don't have enough space in it, and it makes things hard to read at times. Another solution would be to scale down the font size used.

I'm also having a lot of problems telling where one line of text begins and the other ends. Is there a way to create an indent at the start of every line entry in the lower textbox, or insert a line break after each text entry? Even a way to alternately color the entries of text would help immensely.

I'm also wondering if anybody has had any luck implementing attacks that deal pleasure instead of damage, either to the player or the enemy, aside from the obvious 'rub' scenes when vore is used.

UPDATE: You can change the fontsize of the console by editing this line in the Engine:
Code: Select all
text canvas.height + "px; font-size:" + FONT_SIZE_TEXTCONSOLE + "pt;";

Simply put the font size you want where FONT_SIZE_TEXTCONSOLE is (there used to be text there)
Last edited by Tsunderekumiho on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsunderekumiho
New to the forum

Postby Tsunderekumiho » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:20 pm

Alright, I know double posting is kinda, ehhh, but I've encountered a few more things that I was wondering if you guys had advice on.

I'm currently trying to implement a 'choice of' in a 'vore scene' (basically the vore scene structure you guys have implemented is wonderful for all sorts of things like from writing grapple scenes, to sex scenes, etc), naturally I went as follows:

addswallow: true;
referenceid: w.mwolf-roughmating;
name: Rough Mating;
isstart: true;
actors: w.mwolf;
sounds: ;
nextstage: w.mwolfroughmatingchoice;
nextstagepercent: 25;
movetonextstageimd: false;
doesswallow: false;
targetcanmove: false;
actorcanmove: false;
basedamage: 1;
dicesize: 6;

And then for the next stage:
addchoice: true;
referenceid: w.mwolfroughmatingchoice;
choices: [Stick it in your vagina
Stick it in your ass];
outcomes: [swallow(w.mwolf-vaginalsex1)
swallow(w.mwolf-analsex1)]

However when play testing, no choice appears and it gets stuck on the first scene. Basically, is it possible to implement a choice system between scenes to dictate the flow of the scene? Or alternatively, can I give myself a random choice of next scene by going:
nextstage: [
refID1
refID2
];

I'm also having a problem where the game text is progressing faster than a person can hope to read it, and the bottom block of text isn't the most recent event. I know this is probably futile to ask, but is there a way that I can shift the game to a turn based system (enemies make a move when I make a move, a la pokemon mystery dungeon)

Also how do I tag a scene as 'scat' so it is skipped?
Tsunderekumiho
New to the forum

Postby Psychfennec » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:15 am

Hey Tsunderekumiho,

1. To modify how big the textbox is, you will want to look at the Engine.js file, specifically the functions printcanvas and resizecanvas. That's where the three main boxes get created.
2. For the staging issues, you want to (if I remember correctly) look at the movetonextstageimd and change that to true.
3. To make the engine work on a move-by-move basis, you will want to set engine.worldtimetoggle to false in Engine.js.
4. To insert a tab / linkebreak at the start / end of every text entry, you will want to look at UI.js, specifically the printouttext function.
5. To tag a swallowmove, you use this:
tags: “scat,othertag,blahblah”;

Hope this helps! :)
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tsunderekumiho » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:55 pm

Thank you so much Psychfennec! That helps a ton, actually. At the moment I'm trying to take it a part a little bit per day to see how it works and if I can put it back together in an engine that is much more flexible for customizing. Maybe if I can make some progress I'll share it.

Anyways, the main reason why I'm doing this is I've been wanting to learn Java for a long time, and I'm picking it up pretty well from various sites, but I need something to push me out of my comfort zone and challenge me, and this is definitely doing that :3 I'll post more questions and findings as I get to them.

So one last question, do you have an idea how to possibly chain a 'choice' prompt (such as the ones you get when you friend an enemy after pleasure release), to a swallow scene? because I feel like if I could do that, then that would open up the game immensely.
Tsunderekumiho
New to the forum

Postby Cygni » Tue May 10, 2016 3:36 pm

For some reason "real time" seems to be locked on. I can't switch it to turn based.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby kotasan » Sun May 15, 2016 2:57 am

i seem to have a problem on the browser version. When i drop the mods folder into it , i choose the options like allow scat and gender, but then the map doesnt show
kotasan
New to the forum

Postby Jadex » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:36 pm

hey the dropbox is like ded
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby DarkRain » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:33 pm

DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chaos199416 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Okay so it is not allowing me to open the game once i download and unpack it from winrar
Chaos199416
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jadex » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:37 am

DarkRain wrote:
Jadex wrote:hey the dropbox is like ded

https://bitbucket.org/RogueLikeFox/vorelike/get/e2c90f07a204.zip

oh thanks
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cygni » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:05 am

Anyone know why I can't turn of real time mode?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby superultraguitarist » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:53 pm

Maenethal wrote:Anyone know why I can't turn of real time mode?

To preface, I know this is a really old post to be responding to, but I'm looking to take up the mantle to renovate and bring this game back to life (with permission of course).
What I've been doing to make it more like brogue's turn system is editing the index.html file, because there's the variable "worldtimetoggle" that is set to true in that file. Change "true" to "false", and it makes it so enemies do not automatically move on their own. I haven't figured out how to fix the toggle button, but am hoping to later on.
superultraguitarist
New to the forum

Postby komaru » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:36 pm

I'm actually pretty interested if you're planning on reviving this!
komaru
???

Postby Navien » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:36 pm

That would be prerry cool. I still play this one occasionaly.

Also has anyone else been making mod characters for this one? I edited the Cow girl and the giantness so that thay have Breast vore but other then that i haven't seen much mods for a while here.
HEY!
Navien
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game