What is the REAL reason?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What is the REAL reason?

Postby 157and493 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:44 am

Normally when I ask people why they are attracted to vore I get an answer along the lines of: “Dunno lol.”
I just could not accept that though, I needed to find the root cause of why me and so many others are attracted to something as unusual as vore.
I remember hearing somewhere that the deep seeded reason someone might like vore stems from either one or both of the following mindsets...
1] A desire to permanently escape loneliness or become closer to someone.
2] A desire to dominate (pred), or be dominated by (prey), someone else.
I understand that the underlying reasons why someone might like vore will vary among individuals, but is it true that these two mindsets are the most common reasons somebody might like vore?

I can confirm that my reason for liking vore is definitely the 1st mindset, the idea of being that close with someone forever is honestly euphoric to me.
157and493
Participator

Re: What is the REAL reason?

Postby Vae » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:04 am

I think its just a lot more complicated than any one or two reasons, even in the same individual.

Vore is my strongest kink by a long shot, but I still see a lot of aspects of it in so many other kinks. Being trapped in a belly is similar to any restraints. Being treated as food can be humiliating to some, which is a kink on it's own, but also falls in line with objectification. The domination, willing or otherwise, is unquestionably ultimate. I could draw parallels to a lot of aspects here.

The point is, I think it's just another kink that stems from whatever causes any other kinks.

However, I do encounter a lot of people in RP who take it very seriously (as do I), and like to draw hypotheticals about would they really do it... (I know I would, but i've got the easy side~).. Which leads me to kind of *enjoy* the *romanticized idea* that maybe vore really is just natural for some people. They feel it as a base need of sorts, and I can relate to that a lot. That maybe there's just something wired in some people's heads that makes them this way.
Vae
Somewhat familiar

Postby Peptidase » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:23 pm

I don't think the reasons for are that complex, at least for myself. I recall being fascinated by people being eaten/human digestion from basically as far back as I can remember and dominance and intimacy, while they are things I get out of it now, certainly aren't the feelings I associate with the whale from Pinocchio or the Magic School Bus. I've always wanted to trace it back to my inflation fetish since those converged pretty early on, but it's pretty clear to me that vore was at least at one point a separate thing for me even if fetish isn't the right word for it.

The best "reason" I can give for it is maybe early trauma where I had repeated nightmares about being consumed whole by a minor antagonist from a show for babies? I've heard how how someone people abused as kids end up with fetishes related to thay, suggesting that some fetishes are a way of safely reliving past trauma, although I'll confess this potential example is a stretch at best.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby Artemis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:51 pm

I mean, I "liked" vore since I was in like kindergarten. Which kinda forces me to shrug my arms and suggest I was either born thinking it was hilarious or happened to see a cartoon featuring it all the way back when and thought it was freakin' hilarious.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Raiza » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:29 pm

It's not a satisfying answer, but sometimes I don't know is a valid and honest answer.

Truth be told, no one fully understands what makes person into X or Y kink/fetish. It's really just something that you discover for yourself. What goes on in the brain during that time, I cannot say. It would be an interesting neurological study, if something like that hasn't been done already. I wonder if it's associated with a certain part of your brain, or if it has to do with an oddity in the way neurons are connected. The answer may have a genetic component, or perhaps something else . Who knows, not me.

I think we know enough to say it's complicated, and there's not just one all encompassing answer. The brain, and people as a whole, are complex.
Raiza
Somewhat familiar

Postby yetra » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:50 pm

I agree that it's kind of impossible to know for sure, but there are bread crumbs here and there. Like, we could look at how vore tends to attract a lot of people on the autistic spectrum, and what sorts of traits seem common to both:

• social anxiety and phobia, especially during childhood
  • self-worth issues and loneliness
  • sensory processing disorders and sensitivity to sounds, sights, and touch (the "hugbox" started out as an actual hug machine used to help calm down folks who can't deal with actual hugs)
  • wanting control and predictability in routines
  • intense obsessions, including sexual paraphilias
  • oral fixations and digestive difficulties
  • often retreating from the real world using fiction or fantasies

Not saying everyone who has these traits will automatically end up being into vore of course, or that everyone into vore is suddenly autistic now. But it's not that difficult to imagine these being a pretty big part of the recipe for many.
yetra
Been posting for a bit

Postby Raiza » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:07 pm

I don't really know my reason. I have depression and anxiety now, but I didn't when I first discovered my fascination.

I just saw a vore scene on TV one day in kindergarten, and got turned on. I also remember one time as a kid, playing on the hill, a girl had captured me, and put me in "jail". She said she was going to eat me. I just sat there, hiding my boner... I wonder if she was into vore too haha... Until my teenage years, I repressed these feelings, fearing it meant there was something horribly wrong with me. If, for example, the Serena vore scene in MIB II was on, I'd find an excuse to leave the room, until I calmed down.

Upon having regular internet access, in the realm of MySpace roleplay, I found out that this was an actual "thing". From there, I role-played with said RPer, and found lots of pics on the web. Sooner or later, it lead me here. When I was 18, of course! -whistles- (I know for sure I was at least 19 when I made an actual account).

These were my general thoughts I had as a kid, when I discovered this interest. Not sure it will help, but maybe there could be some insights I don't personally see.

"It was just otherworldly and strange. Like wow that just really happened, holy shit. And the girl who did it is hot too! I wish it was me."
Raiza
Somewhat familiar

Postby cranberryknights1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:38 pm

Theres a lot of things I like about this type of fantasies but in the end for me it boils down to being as close to someone as possible that I really like. Whether a fictional character I find attractive or my GF in real life its not enough to wanna only date or be with them even intimately I want to be inside them.Been this way my entire life and for the most part I don't even like that many aspects of vore like being eaten or digested or anything violent I just wanna be contained inside the body of someone I am extremely fond of.Its something super personal and private to share with them.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby RuffledFerret » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:40 pm

The answer I've given in many other threads is boring and involves psychology, though that area in terms of paraphilia/fetish stuff is rarelky studied and theoretical at best. I will say that the two scenarios you shared are indeed common when describing why a lot of us like what we like.
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jamjo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:02 am

There are a loooooooooooooooooooooooot of different things about it that I enjoy, but I feel like the ultimate reason I like it now is tied directly to the sheer absurdity of it. Somehow instead of getting the disgusted response along with the confounded response most people reasonably get when seeing a piece of vore media, anytime I actually think about it, it's just so confounding yet at the same time completely arousing. Like the two reactions are absolutely hard-wired to the same button in my mind (and at times it seems like body).
It just makes no sense on any conceivable level how something is able to do this or that kind of vore but thanks to the magic of art we can see something so extraordinary and fucking mindbogglingly nonsensical that I just can't look away xDD

It's weird thinking about this because that wasn't always the primary reason I liked it either. Way back when I first ever thought of vore I only liked it because the fantasy version I'd thought up of being inside another living thing (due to watching certain cartoons so young) where it's actually not an unpleasant place to be, and would have three sensations I very much like: Slick, smooth, and warm.

Over time as I grew up more and more and more things came up so I suppose there isn't any one TRULY singular/causal reason that I'm into vore. It started with one thing and many other things came over time and occasionally (what at least seems to be) the core reason would even shift with time. I wonder if it'll continue shifting.
Jamjo
Participator

Postby blergle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:28 am

It's very simple for me. Scary fantasies are sexually titillating for me, and vore is an especially scary fantasy for me, so I get off on it. The sort of vore I like is cruel, terrifying, unfair, and a gross abuse of power on the predator's part. I like a lot of other fantasy kinks involving power play and scary things, too. Perhaps it's because it is something I do not tolerate in the least in real life? Dunno why for sure, exactly, but that's the real reason I like it.
blergle
---

Postby ELRobo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:52 am

Hmmm... it just looks funny and kinda cute when girls and women get fat bellies, just like in pregnancy. However, since they still can interact with each other, its even funnier. Just like in pregnancy, where it is really cute.
ELRobo
New to the forum

Postby Ghrelin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:57 pm

That's just a bunch of speculation that definitely doesn't apply to everyone. If either of those lines of reasoning fits with your personal experience, that's fine! But when it comes to kinks and fetishes, you do have to be willing to accept the old "*shrug*, dunno lol" because that is very frequently the only real answer. There is no consistent and repeatable pattern for these things, and everyone's experience is different.
A lot of people just experienced arousal while encountering their future fetish for the first time, with no real discernible reason why. It could be related to the fact that other types of arousal--excitement, fear, exhilaration--can also be linked to/cause sexual arousal. It could also just have been coincidental timing. And in either case, the resulting association would thus be built, especially if it happened at a young age while the person's sexual interests and responses were still "under development".
But for some people, a more psychological reason might describe their situation. And for others still, it might just stem off of a different interest/kink that they have, maybe being a more extreme version of something that developed over time. The possibilities are endless.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 am

157and493 wrote:Normally when I ask people why they are attracted to vore I get an answer along the lines of: “Dunno lol.”
I just could not accept that though, I needed to find the root cause of why me and so many others are attracted to something as unusual as vore.
I remember hearing somewhere that the deep seeded reason someone might like vore stems from either one or both of the following mindsets...
1] A desire to permanently escape loneliness or become closer to someone.
2] A desire to dominate (pred), or be dominated by (prey), someone else.
I understand that the underlying reasons why someone might like vore will vary among individuals, but is it true that these two mindsets are the most common reasons somebody might like vore?

I can confirm that my reason for liking vore is definitely the 1st mindset, the idea of being that close with someone forever is honestly euphoric to me.

Some people really don't have a reason for liking vore. I mean do you have a reason to prefer a gender over another? Thats just how you are made. As for those who have a reason, you could say that vore is their secondary kink/fetish/philia as its an extension of what they love. So if you only love vore in those contexts only than its a secondary fetish and your first, well good luck at explaining it.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Narkotic » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:06 pm

Although I often see vore as something sexual, sometimes I feel like it's an ultimate bond between predator and prey. I make stories and I have my own gallery, and a lot of my stories have preds and preys that are bestfriends, lovers, or soon to be best friends.
Still though, I overly sexualize them and the party's not over till digestion finishes
Narkotic
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion