Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.3.0.9 - Contest Update)

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:25 am

Orosaki wrote:
BewitchedTwist wrote:
Orosaki wrote:Know what would be cool having studs have certain traits like them being a known voreaphile so that if they end up getting eaten well then it doesn't hurt your rep ad stuff.

Studs having special traits could help make them be useful even after you you have monster boys.

I am a HUGE fan of this idea. I certainly know the monstergirls would enjoy this.

Dumb idea in addition- send studs over to monsterboys explicitly to be eaten when they have this trait to cater to fans of male preds. An expensive way to feed them, but that's never stopped me before!

I also like Persona59523's perspective on establishing the limits of what you're comfortable with moving forward- you touched on this some at the beginning, but it might be best to get at least a bit more of this out of the way, no?

The voreaphile idea is just one possible idea for special traits

A few ideas on traits and how they work

Known voreaphile - Has a high chance of being eaten by any monstergirl, including non predatory ones like cowgirls. Is almost always eaten by predatory creatures like lamia. A voreaphile being eaten by non pred monstergirls doesn't increase their pred stat unless their so hungry it would happen anyways. Nobody will be surprised to hear another voreaphile met their end in the gut of a monstergirl so rep won't be lost. They don't incur a hiring cost but rarely if ever do the job they were told to (that being getting the monster girl preggo). Not incurring a hiring cost makes sense since they are actually trying to get eaten in most cases. Also the bravery stat is ignored by the stud when they have this trait.

Super sperm - The resulting child will have far better stats and max stats than usual. A roll is made from anywhere between 50% to 100% (double stats)

Super Fertile - If the resulting child is a female they will receive this trait (stud only). Super fertile will cause the monster girl to sometimes spawn twins. The chance increases if the male has the super virile trait (monsters only)

Super Virile - If the resulting child is a male they will receive this trait (stud only). Super virile will cause female monster girls to occasionally have twins. The chance increase if the female has super fertile trait (monsters only)

Smelly - Slightly reduces the chance of the stud being eaten.

Unappetizing - Moderately reduces the chance of the stud being eaten.

Limburger Smell - Severely Reduces the chances of being eaten. It also reduces the chances of the monstergirl getting preggo and somewhat reduces their happiness. (some monstergirls are an exception specially if they like cheese but in such cases this trait works in reverse). On rare occasions the monstergirl may acquire the gourmand trait if they do eat the stud which negates the negative effects of the limburger trait as well as the benefits.

Gourmand - Food gives better boosts to their stats. They also no longer refuse certain foods as they are attracted to the idea of eating exotic foods.

[Species] Fan - The stud is a huge fan of this particular species. Hiring him for those monster girls costs half as much.

[Species] Hater - The stud hates monstergirls of this species. Hiring him for those monster girls costs twice as much.

Yea i know what you're thinking monster girls refusing to eat food? Well every monster girl species is different and as such you cannot expect thm all to be so willing to eat what you're trying feeding them. Cowgirls for example may refuse meat or non vegetarian foods for example since they don't normally eat meat. On the other hand predatory creatures like lamia may not like the idea of eating vegetables or fruits if they haven't had meat in a while. Some may even refuse anything other than live food on occasion.

an aesthetic idea. Studs with dialogue. What they say depends on what monster girl they are hired to get preggo (species wise). It also can be afected by the traits they have too.

I like these traits, they're really really good. I hope TC can possibly implement these which I don't think should be too hard to do.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Sulac » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:34 pm

So, on the topic of giving studs traits, there is a somewhat similar thing being added to the game already, though it applies only to monster girls. Specifically, they'll have personalities that influence certain calculations. Given the scope of the rework that's part of the update, this is also a good time to add similar traits to studs.

Since you all are probably curious about the personalities now, I'll list out what I currently have.

Spoiler: show
Shameless: Stats increased for beauty contests, increased happiness loss for losing beauty contest.
Bashful: Stats decreased for beauty contests, increased happiness gain for winning beauty contest.
Prideful: Increased happiness gain/loss for winning/losing contests.
Modest: Reduced happiness gain/loss for winning/losing contests.
Moody: Increased happiness gain/loss from all sources.
Apathetic: Reduced happiness gain/loss from all sources.
Flirty: Greatly increased happiness gain from sex.
Seductive: Increased happiness gain from sex, increased chance of devouring mate.
Alcoholic: Increased happiness gain and health loss from alcohol.
Voracious: Increased happiness gain from vore, greatly increased chance of devouring mate, massive happiness loss from starvation, increased metabolism.

The Gourmand trait suggested for monster girls did give me an idea for two new personalities as well. They'd tie into a mechanic that's already present: each species has a "preferred" type of food. If they eat their preferred food, they gain more happiness and stat growth from it. Monster girls themselves count as certain types of food. So the personalities:

Gourmand: Slightly increased happiness and stat gain from non-preferred food, happiness and stat gain from preferred food reduced to match.
Picky Eater: Slightly reduced happiness and stat gain from non-preferred food, increased happiness and stat gain from preferred food.

You won't be able to check the personality directly. But the "Check" option in the monster girl menu will give different messages depending. Most personalities will share messages with each other though, though not always the same kinds. Two personalities that share the message for vore might not share the message for sex, for example. So you can try to figure out personalities from that.

But yes, I do like the idea of studs having traits, and can probably implement them. I'm not really a fan of multiple traits that just do the exact same thing, to different degrees, though. I do really like the Species Fan/Hater traits.

As for boundaries, other than futa the only thing I'm really 100% opposed to is cock vore. And scat, though most people are. Right now I don't really consider vore types and such a huge priority though, particularly due to graphical limitations. No actual vore animations; if it wasn't for the swallowing sound, you could easily imagine a monster girl anal vored them or something. Also spritework is tedious and I've learned to hate it much during this whole project.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby frogcubus » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:56 pm

Thank you so much for replying! I'm really looking forward to more progress on the game having heard this. I appreciate the clarification on personalities, too!

Best of luck moving forward and all that.
Cuteness and degeneracy go too well together for their own good.
frogcubus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:56 pm

Sulac wrote:So, on the topic of giving studs traits, there is a somewhat similar thing being added to the game already, though it applies only to monster girls. Specifically, they'll have personalities that influence certain calculations. Given the scope of the rework that's part of the update, this is also a good time to add similar traits to studs.

Since you all are probably curious about the personalities now, I'll list out what I currently have.

Shameless: Stats increased for beauty contests, increased happiness loss for losing beauty contest.
Bashful: Stats decreased for beauty contests, increased happiness gain for winning beauty contest.
Prideful: Increased happiness gain/loss for winning/losing contests.
Modest: Reduced happiness gain/loss for winning/losing contests.
Moody: Increased happiness gain/loss from all sources.
Apathetic: Reduced happiness gain/loss from all sources.
Flirty: Greatly increased happiness gain from sex.
Seductive: Increased happiness gain from sex, increased chance of devouring mate.
Alcoholic: Increased happiness gain and health loss from alcohol.
Voracious: Increased happiness gain from vore, greatly increased chance of devouring mate, massive happiness loss from starvation, increased metabolism.

The Gourmand trait suggested for monster girls did give me an idea for two new personalities as well. They'd tie into a mechanic that's already present: each species has a "preferred" type of food. If they eat their preferred food, they gain more happiness and stat growth from it. Monster girls themselves count as certain types of food. So the personalities:

Gourmand: Slightly increased happiness and stat gain from non-preferred food, happiness and stat gain from preferred food reduced to match.
Picky Eater: Slightly reduced happiness and stat gain from non-preferred food, increased happiness and stat gain from preferred food.

You won't be able to check the personality directly. But the "Check" option in the monster girl menu will give different messages depending. Most personalities will share messages with each other though, though not always the same kinds. Two personalities that share the message for vore might not share the message for sex, for example. So you can try to figure out personalities from that.

But yes, I do like the idea of studs having traits, and can probably implement them. I'm not really a fan of multiple traits that just do the exact same thing, to different degrees, though. I do really like the Species Fan/Hater traits.

As for boundaries, other than futa the only thing I'm really 100% opposed to is cock vore. And scat, though most people are. Right now I don't really consider vore types and such a huge priority though, particularly due to graphical limitations. No actual vore animations; if it wasn't for the swallowing sound, you could easily imagine a monster girl anal vored them or something. Also spritework is tedious and I've learned to hate it much during this whole project.

Glad a thinker like me could dgive you some ideas. I had some area ideas too for later. But for now some more ideas on expanding upon stud traits.

The smelly , unappetizing and limburger traits are meant to be are meant to be traits which have different appearance rates. A ranch's fame will somewhat determine the frequency of studs in the bar that will have traits, and the more famous you are the more likely studs with traits and more powerful versions of some traits might appearr. Known voreaphiles will always appear regardless of fame or rep but since the ranch is relatively unknown you won't see them as often.

After a certain point some stud traits stop appearing because studs with better versions of those traits will start taking their place more frequently than not.. the only exception is the limburger and unappetizing traits due to limburger having some negative side effects to it. Most stud traits don't start appearing until a certain level of fame is reached.

Fame is similar to rep. Fame is a measure of how well known the ranch. Fame never decreases due to bad stuff happening and only ever increases when your reputation does, but if rep is less than half of fame then you start losing fame slowly, as people stop talking about the ranch and it becomes obscure.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TerraBolt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Got to say, after downloading the game and playing a good chunk of it, I am now super excited to see whatever the next big update is!
TerraBolt
New to the forum

Postby Grimbug » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:46 am

Hey there I'm not sure if you got my message so I just wanted to say I'm still in and don't get your hopes up but I've created the beginnings of a new monster girl if you're still available contact me kay.
Title:Self saboteur & Aspiring pixel artist
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby MontyMiyagi2513 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:29 pm

i cant find the download link
MontyMiyagi2513
New to the forum

Postby Persona59523 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:04 pm

it on the first page. you need to click the big blue words in order to reach the site where you can download. Don't worry about it being outdated as it updates when the game if offically updates.
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Hirvil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:04 am

any news?
Hirvil
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Just be patient, we have other games or this game's current version to play in the meanwhile.
Turbotowns
???

Postby VLover552 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:27 pm

Is this game dead? I don't want to be that guy to ask really but it has been a very long time with complete radio silence and I'm just curious as to the state of things.
VLover552
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:04 pm

No, It's still being worked on, progress is slow, but there IS progress. How do I know? Sulac is a part of Orosaki's discord like I am, and there's a progress thread/channel. Don't worry, it'll come, eventually...
Turbotowns
???

Postby VLover552 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Cool beans, glad to hear that it is still being worked on because this is such an awesome game with boatloads of potential.
VLover552
Participator

Postby frogcubus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:48 pm

I have a couple of questions I've been meaning to ask, if anybody knows:

Is there any correlation between bravery of a stud and their chances of being eaten?

Does reputation keep going down past the third skull marker as more studs are eaten in an under-the-hood sort of fashion, or does it cap there?

I hope I haven't accidentally asked anything redundant!
Cuteness and degeneracy go too well together for their own good.
frogcubus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:19 pm

VLover552 wrote:Cool beans, glad to hear that it is still being worked on because this is such an awesome game with boatloads of potential.

Yea sulac was apparently sick for a bit but he's apparently better now since he's been posting on discord. Not sure if he's working on the game or still recovering but odds are he's working on it.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Architect » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:29 am

How is Sulac doing? Is the game still in progress?
Architect
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:19 pm

Architect wrote:How is Sulac doing? Is the game still in progress?

They are doing fine, they'd like to be able to get a head start on spritework... (Guess, they've still got some coding to do...)
Turbotowns
???

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.4.0.0 - Mega Rework)

Postby Sulac » Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Monster Girl Rancher has returned!

The massive rework has finally been finished, and the game is live! As usual, please post any bug reports here, and thank you for your patience!

As a reminder: This update is extremely incompatible with prior versions due to massive changes under the hood.

Changelog
v0.4.0.0 - Massive Rework
-Completely redid data storage for almost all aspects of the game
-Player appearance can now be customized
-Player now has stats
-Player can now eat items
-Player can now devour monster girls
-Player can now breed with monster girls
-Player can devour monster girls after breeding with them
-Player can be devoured by monster girls after breeding with them
-Monster girls that are breeding or pregnant can now be sold or fed to other monster girls
-Monster girls can now die overnight when at low health
-Monster girl personalities fully implemented
-Method to obtain Creamy Milk changed
-Creamy Milk sell price and stat values buffed
-Studs no longer refuse to breed with predatory monster girls based on Bravery
-Stud hire price increases for predatory monster girls
-Stud Bravery stat lowers price increase for predatory monster girls
-Stud Traits implemented
-The grocer may not be a horrible hell beast now
-Date system changed slightly
-Specific contests are now held on certain days of the week
-When negative, Reputation will slowly increase on its own each day until it returns to 0
-NPCs in town may comment on the player's vore belly
-Audio, resolution, and zoom level can now be changed
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Tue May 14, 2019 2:53 pm

Oh, awesome. Know what I'll be doing after work. Congrats on the release!

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RichardDix » Tue May 14, 2019 3:00 pm

I've been eagerly awaiting this for months now. Thanks for working so hard on this!
Attachments
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (1020.68 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game