Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.4.0.0 - Mega Rework)

Postby proto042 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Glad to see an update but I already encountered 2 bugs. One is minor, it doesn't save any changes to the players name at character creation you will always have whatever was the generated for that character rather than whatever was input. The other bug happens when I save it outputs this
of Step Event0
for object menu_controller:

global variable name 'version' index (100056) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_save_game
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_save_game (line -1)
gml_Object_menu_controller_Step_0

Edit 1: found two more bugs. players can't eat items from their inventory and sometimes the stud menu at the horny harpy scrolls down as if there are invisible entries on the list but fixes it self if you go to the beginning or end.
proto042
New to the forum

Postby RichardDix » Tue May 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Closed the game and tried starting a new save:

of Draw Event

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
at gml_Script_draw_menuStart
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_draw_menuStart (line -1)
gml_Object_menu_controller_Draw_64
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Tue May 14, 2019 5:07 pm

I think I've found a problem already, can't save without it giving an error and crashing.

of Step Event0

global variable name 'version' index (100056) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_save_game
stack frame is
gml_Script_save_game (line -1)
gml_Object_menu_controller_Step_0

^That pops up whenever I try to save.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.4.0.1 - Mega Rework)

Postby Sulac » Tue May 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Quick update posted, fixing the save game crashes. Eating items has also been kinda fixed. It's functional, but navigating the menu is a little wonky. The Player name bug is taking too long for me to figure out and I wanted to get the crash fixed, so that'll have to wait a bit.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby forgreatjustice18 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:13 pm

This is the error I get after I saved and tried to enter the barn where I had 2 cow girls.

of Draw Event
for object obj_monstergirl:

local variable fw(100026, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_monstergirl_Draw_0
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_monstergirl_Draw_0 (line -1)
forgreatjustice18
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Tue May 14, 2019 6:21 pm

If it isn't a problem, can you post a mediafire link for the new updates? MEGA says I've gone over the quota for downloads and if you are going to be doing fixes like this frequently, then it will really help me and possibly others.

The wait time was 15mins though, so it isn't really that big of a problem to worry about.

Edit*
While trying to download another game the wait time was 1hour, so it maybe worse than what I had originally thought.
Last edited by RichardDix on Wed May 15, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Benevorlent » Tue May 14, 2019 6:24 pm

I saved, ate on of my cowgirls, then tried to load the save and got this error message:
of Draw Event

stack frame is

Could we get a notification for when a save's successful? There's no reaction for saving currently.
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Tue May 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Loading a game from inside the house while in 4x zoom will teleport the player to the bed (I assume he was, but my character was turned invisible so I may be wrong), but the camera will stay where you loaded from. Going outside fixes the problem.
Last edited by RichardDix on Wed May 15, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Tue May 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Tried entering a contest on the first day, but this pops up as soon as you talk to the receptionist:

of Draw Event

local variable fw(100009, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_draw_girl
stack frame is
gml_Script_draw_girl (line -1)
gml_Script_draw_menuContest
gml_Object_menu_controller_Draw_64
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Tue May 14, 2019 7:07 pm

After closing the app and loading a game if you try to enter the cave while a lamia is in it, you get this message:

of Draw Event

local variable egg(100014, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
stack frame is

Edit* because I think the error above happened due to there being an egg present, here is the one you normally get if an egg is not inside the cave:

of Draw Event

stack frame is
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Tue May 14, 2019 7:45 pm

This error appeared after selecting the "back" option in the contestant selection menu:

of Step Event0

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [23,43] out of range [23,-1] - -5.mgirl(100015,736043)
at gml_Object_menu_controller_Step_0
stack frame is
gml_Object_menu_controller_Step_0 (line -1)
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby chefjellyguy » Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 am

hypehypehypehype
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:27 am

Can't wait for the savegame fix, how do I feed myself to the cowgirls? I tried breeding with them, but it just asks ME if I want to eat THEM...? Also getting their happiness up seems to be a long grueling process of getting them drunk then feeding them medicine, is there a faster way I'm missing?
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Datstrudel » Wed May 15, 2019 10:13 am

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Can't wait for the savegame fix, how do I feed myself to the cowgirls? I tried breeding with them, but it just asks ME if I want to eat THEM...? Also getting their happiness up seems to be a long grueling process of getting them drunk then feeding them medicine, is there a faster way I'm missing?

If they're hunger is super low, you'll head the sound of them swallowing you. Then a message will pop up. That's his they'll eat you.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TTTV » Wed May 15, 2019 10:26 am

Music still keeps playing regardless if you've set it to 0%. Also great to see this game has made a comeback!
TTTV
Been posting for a bit

Postby jimothybarnes » Wed May 15, 2019 11:00 am

Every time I eat a cowgirl I crash and get this error.
of Step Event0

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [23,7] out of range [23,-1] - -5.mgirl(100015,736007)
stack frame is

I'm loving the game so far though.
jimothybarnes
New to the forum

Postby RichardDix » Wed May 15, 2019 4:39 pm

I wasn't going to post this bug until I managed to recreate it, but with all the crashes caused by player vore, I would probably have to wait until the next update to easily do it. The bug happened when I ate my lamia in order to test if the new feature worked, and while I did manage to eat her, her sprite didn't disappear and she stayed on the list of girls inside the cave which allowed me to interact with her like she was still there, but all of her bars drained and all of her stats fell to zero as soon as she was eaten. She was gone the next morning and my character's stats increased like they should.
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby datdemguy » Wed May 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Fed harpy until full before entering the vore menu. When in this menu it would rapidly drain the stats from any other monster girl highlighted, like what happens when they eat another. Upon highlighting "devour" or "back" the game crashed with this message.

Spoiler: show
of Step Event0

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [23,7] out of range [23,-1] - -5.mgirl(100015,736007)
stack frame is

Seems to be caused by rapidly pressing z while feeding.
It doesn't appear to effect any other menus.
It's somewhat consistant and reproducable with other monster girls resulting in the same error message.
Food used and number of monster girls seems to have no effect.
Only feeding a monster to another seems to fix it.
Once this initially triggers it seems to happen any time I enter the vore menu on any monster girl.

A separate bug seems to crash the game when you load a file containing a monster that you have eaten since your last save. If one is removed from your farm in some other way, the game won't crash but the monster will be absent.

Spoiler: show
of Draw Event

stack frame is
datdemguy
New to the forum

Postby MasterInventor » Thu May 16, 2019 1:45 am

Quick list of bugs/design flaws I noticed in ~45 minutes of game time:

- Music sound setting doesn't do anything, music seems to function only off of Master sound (and gets REALLY repetitive REALLY quickly imho)
- When in the barn (at least, I didn't check the other locations), it's possible to get back to the monster selection menu without the menu cursor highlighting one of the options. If this happens and you press a button, the game will throw an exception and force close. This can corrupt the save file, and since there's only one, that's all she wrote.
- Only having one save file is a HUGE design flaw/gap, by the way. The first time a save corrupting bug pops up, you're fucked...
- There's no visual indicator that the game has saved when you save through the menu. There's no way to tell if you've successfully saved your game other than risking a reload.
- The daily autosave doesn't seem to work
- The player character doesn't appear to have a name (there's an empty box where it looks like the name should go)
- After reloading a game, the counts of all inventory items display as "0".
- When you change the resolution of the game, the top bar of the window will occasionally vanish and make the window impossible to click on and move around

Aside from that... I want to say that I especially enjoyed the game, or some such, but to be honest it's pretty repetitive. I guess I'm not a fan of the genre. Still, it would be a nice occasional time waster, if it worked. :|
MasterInventor
Been posting for a bit

Postby SubZero156 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:48 am

so good, this was one of the games i hoped just come back out of the ground
SubZero156
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game