Possessive Male Preds?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Possessive Male Preds?

Postby StarlingJay » Mon May 20, 2019 9:31 pm

I'm a female (observer) who also enjoys possessive M/F vore, especially between husband / wife, best friends, partners, etc. I also tend to prefer unwilling vore over willing, though I'm capable of liking both scenarios. I differ from you though in that I'm not into the fatal vore aspect for human prey (I can still enjoy stories other people make with fatal human vore and post-vore, but I tend to skip those parts), so I'm probably not the kind of person you're looking for to relate to. I have however found a few really good stories about what you're talking about, of which are micro/macro fatal vore stories that feature obsessive infatuation and / or romantic relations between male preds and female prey. I would have liked to share them, but searching for the stories these past several minutes has come up with nothing, so I don't know whether the stories were deleted, or hidden, or were just plain made inaccessible. Very disappointed that I can't find them, but I guess what happens, happens....

I don't think I've seen many or even any images that feature M/F possessive vore. If I have, then it was not apparent in the drawing that obsession or possessiveness was the motivating factor behind the vore scenario. I guess it's just a lot harder to depict possessive or obsessive feelings via pictures than written stories, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share either. I personally have at least a couple of unwilling, possessive M/F human vore comics or scenarios I've been thinking about drawing or writing in the future, but none of them would be fatal, only ambiguous (and canonically non-fatal still). I'm not sure if you would be interested at that point, but if you don't mind the non-fatal and micro/macro elements, then you can look forward to seeing at least a little more content of that kind in the future from another artist, if that's any consolation. I know that finding M/F vore of any kind can be tough, so I can definitely relate to longing for more artwork that suits your tastes or desiring to meet others who share similar preferences.
StarlingJay
New to the forum

Postby Chameleonette » Mon May 20, 2019 10:23 pm

StarlingJay wrote:I'm a female (observer) who also enjoys possessive M/F vore, especially between husband / wife, best friends, partners, etc. I also tend to prefer unwilling vore over willing, though I'm capable of liking both scenarios. I differ from you though in that I'm not into the fatal vore aspect for human prey (I can still enjoy stories other people make with fatal human vore and post-vore, but I tend to skip those parts), so I'm probably not the kind of person you're looking for to relate to. I have however found a few really good stories about what you're talking about, of which are micro/macro fatal vore stories that feature obsessive infatuation and / or romantic relations between male preds and female prey. I would have liked to share them, but searching for the stories these past several minutes has come up with nothing, so I don't know whether the stories were deleted, or hidden, or were just plain made inaccessible. Very disappointed that I can't find them, but I guess what happens, happens....

I don't think I've seen many or even any images that feature M/F possessive vore. If I have, then it was not apparent in the drawing that obsession or possessiveness was the motivating factor behind the vore scenario. I guess it's just a lot harder to depict possessive or obsessive feelings via pictures than written stories, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share either. I personally have at least a couple of unwilling, possessive M/F human vore comics or scenarios I've been thinking about drawing or writing in the future, but none of them would be fatal, only ambiguous (and canonically non-fatal still). I'm not sure if you would be interested at that point, but if you don't mind the non-fatal and micro/macro elements, then you can look forward to seeing at least a little more content of that kind in the future from another artist, if that's any consolation. I know that finding M/F vore of any kind can be tough, so I can definitely relate to longing for more artwork that suits your tastes or desiring to meet others who share similar preferences.

No, it's cool! I get the appeal and it's still interesting to hear what people like in terms of possessive vore scenarios, regardless of having all or some of the prefs that I do. I'm still happy to drum up discussion about it. And I have seen a few stories like that over the years. I'm a little paranoid now, wondering if some of the old ones I faved have since disappeared... that would be sad. But yeah, I also have a preference for it being with/between pred and prey that are already well-acquainted. Since it generally makes more sense for the pred to want her really badly if he knows her in some way. Stalker/kidnapping instances could be fun too, though.

Oh, you haven't seen anything of that nature? Haha, well, that's pretty much what 90% of my content is. Though it's fatal or implied fatal in most cases, so I don't think it would be of interest to you. But that's generally what I do---when there's a lack of something I like, such as the severe lack of M/F in general, I put my efforts into making content of it. Though it certainly can be harder to bring it across in art a lot of times. I sometimes add snippets or something in the description area and/or speech bubbles and that can really help bring the intents across. If you do make anything like that, though, I would still enjoy seeing it! Even if non-fatal isn't my preference, I can still appreciate a lot of things in art that I wouldn't necessarily read in writing. I try to encourage and welcome all M/F content. Heck, there's a lot of non-fatal lovers in my discord M/F server. Everyone's prefs are valid.

It is always wonderful to find people into the same/similar things that you are into, of course, but this thread was also to encourage discussion about what people like about possessive male preds and what appeals to them in those scenarios, regardless of whether the prefs are as niche as mine or not.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby stevenmb » Mon May 20, 2019 11:10 pm

I love being a predator, and I don't think I'll ever see myself being anything else. Ever since I was very young the main concept of having women feel trapped and/or helpless has been a leading thought of what turns me on. So when I learned about vore, I felt like I found the perfect vehicle to exercise my preexisting fantasy. However, wanting to consume someone isn't really something that can be applied to someone you love. Since if she's gone, you can't be with her anymore. And I guess I don't quite understand that being a part of you aspect. The reason you love someone is that you enjoy their body, personally, or some combination of both. Plus it becomes really sad that you could only eat her once.
While I never roleplayed it, when I think of being a possessive pred, I sure as hell don't want to digest my prey/lover. If anything, I want to entrap her inside me. Only letting her out if she agrees to cooperate.
If she upsets me, or wants to get away because she's afraid of me, I'll grab her. I'll strip her down and swallow her whole. Keeping her with me, with the added bonus of allowing me to grope her naked body. I'll threaten to digest her. Make her beg. Make her plea for her life. Maybe she'll agree to stay with me if I free her. One way or another, I'll find more excuses to swallow her. Breaking her will. She'll come around and love me back. Or maybe she has come to love being in my stomach.
That is how I would be possessive. To just be a pred is to consume and digest any pretty lady. To be possessive means to savor one woman until either she loves you, or becomes your slave.
stevenmb
New to the forum

Postby Chameleonette » Mon May 20, 2019 11:38 pm

stevenmb wrote:I love being a predator, and I don't think I'll ever see myself being anything else. Ever since I was very young the main concept of having women feel trapped and/or helpless has been a leading thought of what turns me on. So when I learned about vore, I felt like I found the perfect vehicle to exercise my preexisting fantasy. However, wanting to consume someone isn't really something that can be applied to someone you love. Since if she's gone, you can't be with her anymore. And I guess I don't quite understand that being a part of you aspect. The reason you love someone is that you enjoy their body, personally, or some combination of both. Plus it becomes really sad that you could only eat her once.
While I never roleplayed it, when I think of being a possessive pred, I sure as hell don't want to digest my prey/lover. If anything, I want to entrap her inside me. Only letting her out if she agrees to cooperate.
If she upsets me, or wants to get away because she's afraid of me, I'll grab her. I'll strip her down and swallow her whole. Keeping her with me, with the added bonus of allowing me to grope her naked body. I'll threaten to digest her. Make her beg. Make her plea for her life. Maybe she'll agree to stay with me if I free her. One way or another, I'll find more excuses to swallow her. Breaking her will. She'll come around and love me back. Or maybe she has come to love being in my stomach.
That is how I would be possessive. To just be a pred is to consume and digest any pretty lady. To be possessive means to savor one woman until either she loves you, or becomes your slave.

It all boils down to preference, really. I have a different outlook for possessiveness, that's all. And in my fantasies, it can absolutely be applied to the one loved by the pred and be fatal/digestion. I use that a ton in stories and art. There's no right or wrong way to approach this, so I don't know exactly what you're getting at with saying it can't be one way because you don't personally see it that way. I like the pred to enjoy having her as a literal part of himself. And I don't care for it to be a sad or regretful thing for him---I like it when the pred indulges in it and enjoys her every step of the way, as well as enjoying her adding to his very body.

Basically, I see it as thus: I don't have to consider the character permanently 'gone'. I have done tons of scenarios both in writing/art in which I use the very same characters and yet the outcome is fatal. Because I see it as endless AUs (alternate universes) that I can use to explore all the different aspects that I enjoy without having to get rid of a character entirely. The finality of it is really appealing to me and that can still be very possessive and very enjoyable to the pred whether he's her lover/husband/friend or not. I also like instances with reformation and memory wipe/altering, where he can eat the same lady that he adores again and again within one story/scenario, without her being any the wiser to what he's doing.

Non-fatal is fine too, for the people that enjoy that. I can see the appeal. But love and showing love isn't defined in any one way---I like darker romances of the fatal nature in vore. We all have different interpretations and preferences. And that's fine. There's no right or wrong way to view it or enjoy it. I happen to love the idea of a guy who loses control or simply needs/wants his girlfriend/lover/friend to the point that he needs her to be with him in her entirety, never to part. That kind of finality just really appeals to me and for my personal fantasies, it's the ultimate possessiveness. These views differ from person to person and that's fine.

Chameleonette
---

Postby InsertAGoodNameHere » Tue May 21, 2019 12:56 am

stevenmb wrote: However, wanting to consume someone isn't really something that can be applied to someone you love. Since if she's gone, you can't be with her anymore. And I guess I don't quite understand that being a part of you aspect. The reason you love someone is that you enjoy their body, personally, or some combination of both. Plus it becomes really sad that you could only eat her once.

Gonna be honest here, there's something that deeply bugs me on how did you word that. While I see what you are going for and understand that is both your preference and your way to see the love between pred and prey, I think that referring to a scenario with those elements containing a fatal ending as "not being real love" because that is not your way as closed minded at best. Just because it's not personally you are familiar with does not mean that is not the true nor valid way for others to like.

For me, I love those scenarios where he guy gets into a animalistic state, driven mad by pure desire directed of just obtained their loved one with the main purpose of obtain her forever with him; A measure to storage her, keep her always safe from the hands of others, for his and his alone.

And after she's fully consumed she will not be truly gone for him (at least for him); she continues to be with him as slight additional fat tissue, to be talked to and teased just as she were alive. In his mind the girl he loved is with him, became one with him and that complete both of them almost like it was destiny to get united. He is convinced that he did the correct thing and that devouring her and consume her completely is the ultimate way to consolidate his love for her, and the fact that is the one and last time it happens it only reaffirms how truly special and magical the whole experience truly is (for him at least). If I want to bring the prey back I usually make like nothing ever happened, or pull off a AU out of my ass.

Again this is not an attack towards you nor showing off how my likes are superior to yours, neither to try you to like the same scenarios that I do. This is only as a way to maybe understand what a person that likes those scenarios might find appealing of them.

Like Chammy said, at the end of the day all comes down to preference. :D
InsertAGoodNameHere
New to the forum

Postby Ixtili » Tue May 21, 2019 2:30 am

While I'm more of a F/F sort, I do like ANY kind of possessive predator.
For me the gender is important but not nearly as important as the nature of the predator/prey relationship and emotions.
The more possessive or passionate or generally affectionately unhinged a pred is for someone the more onboard I am.

Also I like prey that on some level wants to be consumed but on another level does not. Like they are enjoying it but in spite of their self-preservation instinct and not because they aren't scared or unwilling.

Oh! And I will admit that there are certain themes and scenarios you can explore with Males that you can't explore as well with Females simply because of the way men are viewed and the cliches you can draw on.
Note I mean that from a stronger-cliches-getting-you-off-easier angle and not that I actually believe one gender or the other is more capable IRL in case anyone misunderstands ^^;

Arousal for example tends to look alot more extreme on Male preds because of their *ahem* more expressive genitalia. Which couples well with the fierce sort of desire and passion you'd expect from a possessive predator. They also get away with scenarios involving suits and bursting buttons alot easier. Just because of the mental associations we all have when it comes to who should be wearing what so if you like black tie formal wear a male predator has an advantage association wise there. It's also alot easier I think to make a male predator alluring and disgusting at the same time. Which is a definite strength in vore.

But yeah possessiveness is pretty much the most attractive thing ever in vore. >.>
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chameleonette » Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 am

InsertAGoodNameHere wrote:Like Chammy said, at the end of the day all comes down to preference. :D

That's pretty much the bottom line!

Chameleonette
---

Postby coop500 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:37 am

stevenmb wrote:I love being a predator, and I don't think I'll ever see myself being anything else. Ever since I was very young the main concept of having women feel trapped and/or helpless has been a leading thought of what turns me on. So when I learned about vore, I felt like I found the perfect vehicle to exercise my preexisting fantasy. However, wanting to consume someone isn't really something that can be applied to someone you love. Since if she's gone, you can't be with her anymore. And I guess I don't quite understand that being a part of you aspect. The reason you love someone is that you enjoy their body, personally, or some combination of both. Plus it becomes really sad that you could only eat her once.

Not everyone has the same outlook on things, but it's already been covered by Chammy and others. But yeah basically... preferences exist and the human mind is a interesting thing because each person can view things entirely different.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby StarlingJay » Tue May 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Chameleonette wrote:No, it's cool! I get the appeal and it's still interesting to hear what people like in terms of possessive vore scenarios, regardless of having all or some of the prefs that I do. I'm still happy to drum up discussion about it. And I have seen a few stories like that over the years. I'm a little paranoid now, wondering if some of the old ones I faved have since disappeared... that would be sad. But yeah, I also have a preference for it being with/between pred and prey that are already well-acquainted. Since it generally makes more sense for the pred to want her really badly if he knows her in some way. Stalker/kidnapping instances could be fun too, though.

Oh, you haven't seen anything of that nature? Haha, well, that's pretty much what 90% of my content is. Though it's fatal or implied fatal in most cases, so I don't think it would be of interest to you. But that's generally what I do---when there's a lack of something I like, such as the severe lack of M/F in general, I put my efforts into making content of it. Though it certainly can be harder to bring it across in art a lot of times. I sometimes add snippets or something in the description area and/or speech bubbles and that can really help bring the intents across. If you do make anything like that, though, I would still enjoy seeing it! Even if non-fatal isn't my preference, I can still appreciate a lot of things in art that I wouldn't necessarily read in writing. I try to encourage and welcome all M/F content. Heck, there's a lot of non-fatal lovers in my discord M/F server. Everyone's prefs are valid.

It is always wonderful to find people into the same/similar things that you are into, of course, but this thread was also to encourage discussion about what people like about possessive male preds and what appeals to them in those scenarios, regardless of whether the prefs are as niche as mine or not.

Oh, I guess I didn't really answer your question then, lol. My answer may very well disappoint you, in that case. For me, possessiveness is just one of the many circumstances that can result in the kind of vore that I like. I don't know if that made sense, but to try to put it a different way, I can like possessiveness and unwilling prey, but just as much as I can like other scenarios that simply tick all the right boxes. For me, the appeal in vore has a lot less depth, and I'm more so attracted to the appearance and physical sensations of things (like the inside of the mouth, how the pred feels to have the prey sliding down his throat, etc.) more than the meanings or reasons behind the scenarios. I'm a mouth fetishist first and foremost, and if vore scenarios, whether written or drawn, don't give any attention or detail to the appearance of the mouth or throat, it's almost impossible for me to find the artwork hot. That doesn't mean I can't think that the artwork is good, but I can't be aroused by it, and is therefore content that is less of a viewing priority to me when compared to artwork that can actually arouse me. Since this is the case, possessiveness / obsessiveness is just another vehicle that may or may not be the motivating factor behind vore scenarios that I like to view. However, although they're much less of a priority to me, I still do pay attention to underlying concepts and motivating factors, so I can still like some tropes more than others. While I do like possessive pred scenarios, it's not my highest preference. The trope that has the most appeal to me and I find myself imagining most often is unwilling vore between spouses, partners, lovers, close friends, or teammates. I find this trope and the possessiveness / obsessiveness trope to be mutually exclusive, but there can certainly still be some overlap between them.

I think the reason I like the trope of vore between friends or partners so much is that the husband (or man in the relationship) is supposed to be the protector, provider, and in certain cases lover for the woman. But the unwilling vore scenario flips that natural order on its head, and is, in a sense, a betrayal of their established relationship, and what was supposed to be. For the man to swallow his partner despite the woman's fear, unwillingness, and mutually positive relationship with him, is almost like an act against nature, an act against how their roles were meant to be; after all, he should be caring for his partner and treating her with dignity, not swallowing her whole like a piece of candy. I don't know why exactly, but the trope itself is a huge turn on to me in its own right. However, even though I love this trope, as I mentioned above, whether the artwork is actually capable of arousing me is almost fully dependent on other factors, first and foremost.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've taken a look at your gallery before, and you make beautiful artwork. Most of it doesn't suit my particular tastes in vore, but your art is still very aesthetically pleasing, and I always appreciate when people contribute soft, oral vore artwork of any kind to the M/F community. I wasn't aware that most of your work featured possessive vore (as stated earlier, it's tough to make that distinction in drawings. Or maybe I'm just dense and can't put two and two together, lol), so I'm glad that I'm able to see a gallery that is devoted to it. Thank you for your contributions and for creating discussions like these so that people like me can have an outlet to talk about it.

I'm also a believer that you should make what you'd like to see, which is the biggest reason I started drawing vore myself. I appreciate the content that other artists have released publicly (and not just the M/F content, either), and without the works of others, there's no way I would have been able to get into vore much at all, if I even learned about what vore was to begin with. I would really like to give back to the community to express my appreciation. But more than that, I want to publish artwork for others who are in the same camp as me, who have similar tastes in vore as me but very little content to look at. That way, I can be a part of the change and content that I (and others in the same boat) want to see.

Thanks for the support! I can't say for certain when I'll release more content, especially the work I had in mind that features possessive preds, but I'll definitely try not to keep you waiting for too long, lol.
StarlingJay
New to the forum

Postby Merodi » Tue May 21, 2019 2:06 pm

I'm not always into it, but when the mood strikes, I enjoy it quite a bit!
I've written a fic where a guy fatally vores the girl he likes just so he can have her for himself, though it's portrayed as kinda... him being a huge dick because it IS a dick move to do. I also like the idea of a gentle male giant gobbling up his tiny friends for their safety because he loves them so much that he doesn't want anything to happen to them, even if that means they have to bide their time inside of him because he can't fathom the idea that someone else would take them away from him.

Weirdly enough, as much as I like M/M romantic vore - which IS my fave - I don't really do it a lot for that. Sure, I do like the idea of pred boyfriend being kind of controlling and voring prey boyfriend so he can't, I don't know, meet his ex or whatever; but I don't really... do any art of fics with that.
Merodi
Participator

Postby Chameleonette » Tue May 21, 2019 6:34 pm

Ixtili wrote:While I'm more of a F/F sort, I do like ANY kind of possessive predator.
For me the gender is important but not nearly as important as the nature of the predator/prey relationship and emotions.
The more possessive or passionate or generally affectionately unhinged a pred is for someone the more onboard I am.

Also I like prey that on some level wants to be consumed but on another level does not. Like they are enjoying it but in spite of their self-preservation instinct and not because they aren't scared or unwilling.

Oh! And I will admit that there are certain themes and scenarios you can explore with Males that you can't explore as well with Females simply because of the way men are viewed and the cliches you can draw on.
Note I mean that from a stronger-cliches-getting-you-off-easier angle and not that I actually believe one gender or the other is more capable IRL in case anyone misunderstands ^^;

Arousal for example tends to look alot more extreme on Male preds because of their *ahem* more expressive genitalia. Which couples well with the fierce sort of desire and passion you'd expect from a possessive predator. They also get away with scenarios involving suits and bursting buttons alot easier. Just because of the mental associations we all have when it comes to who should be wearing what so if you like black tie formal wear a male predator has an advantage association wise there. It's also alot easier I think to make a male predator alluring and disgusting at the same time. Which is a definite strength in vore.

But yeah possessiveness is pretty much the most attractive thing ever in vore. >.>

Mhm, I definitely feel that. Infatuated preds that just get more and more attached and possessive is something I absolutely love. Although the genders are very important to me.

I never really thought of there being certain situations that really work more for one than the other. I think I see what you're saying, though. But that's a fair point. Men can be very bodily expressive with desire, haha. I never really considered it having much to do with the clothes they were wearing, though. I just happen to like preds that wear suits and ties for visual aspects like loosening the tie to be able to swallow his prey down. And I DO absolutely love the description/visual of him bursting out of said suit/popping buttons and such, too. I never really thought of it as connecting specifically to 'disgusting', though. I actually tend to make the entire thing as appealing descriptively/visually as possible. Though I do like the swallowing and mouth-related sounds with vore, as well as belly noises. And belching. But again, I guess I just try to focus on that in a way of making it an attractive/alluring thing, even if it may not normally be so. Fantasy tendencies and liberties taken, and all that.

I really do adore possessive preds and how those actions, words, and generally scenarios with them tie in really nicely to vore as a whole. There's a lot of potential there.

Chameleonette
---

Postby Ixtili » Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 pm

Chameleonette wrote:
Ixtili wrote:While I'm more of a F/F sort, I do like ANY kind of possessive predator.

Mhm, I definitely feel that. Infatuated preds that just get more and more attached and possessive is something I absolutely love. Although the genders are very important to me.

I never really thought of there being certain situations that really work more for one than the other. I think I see what you're saying, though. But that's a fair point. Men can be very bodily expressive with desire, haha. I never really considered it having much to do with the clothes they were wearing, though. I just happen to like preds that wear suits and ties for visual aspects like loosening the tie to be able to swallow his prey down. And I DO absolutely love the description/visual of him bursting out of said suit/popping buttons and such, too. I never really thought of it as connecting specifically to 'disgusting', though. I actually tend to make the entire thing as appealing descriptively/visually as possible. Though I do like the swallowing and mouth-related sounds with vore, as well as belly noises. And belching. But again, I guess I just try to focus on that in a way of making it an attractive/alluring thing, even if it may not normally be so. Fantasy tendencies and liberties taken, and all that.

I really do adore possessive preds and how those actions, words, and generally scenarios with them tie in really nicely to vore as a whole. There's a lot of potential there.

I mean when I was talking about disgusting I wasn't really talking about your preds, your preds are pretty bishi in that regard, but I have seen some male predators that really own that element of character design and charisma. What I meant was I can think of very few female character designs that would be able to pull off the same level of being attractive while embodying something alittle base and slightly off colour. I'm thinking big hairy slightly ogreish men and slightly horrorish looking designs. I think it's alot easier to make a male character like that. I've seen some artists try with women but it either seems to just become ugly or just become beautiful there's no sort of middle state. Maybe it's that old joke about how female monster characters all look like humans but male monsters can look like anything. I don't know but in my experience male preds seem to have an advantage there whatever the reason.

With the formal wear thing, I guess what I'm saying is scenario wise if you want your pred to wear a suit and have a reason to wear a suit, there's alot more nice cliche backdrops you can just roll with if you have a male predator, whereas with females you kind of have to justify it alittle more. I don't know about you but I've always felt like fetish art works better the simpler it is, so the more explanation you have to give to something being the way it is the less time you actually spend on the fetish, which is why alot of fetish scenarios are based around cliches like doctor/paitient or teacher/student or dragon/princess. That's not to say you can't get complex and I think artists that draw probably won't have as much of trouble. But for storytellers espeacially inexperienced storytellers it can be hard to know what to explain and what not to explain. Having a male character fufill cliches or associations that we all have is therefore a pretty neat cheat code, since you don't have to worry if you have to explain it, you know already that it's universal enough that you don't have to spend words justifying it. Sorry if I'm not making sense ^^;

Note I'm not saying that complexity can't be in written erotica, but I am saying that the complexity should be saved for the key aspects of the kind of erotica someone is trying to write, taking a pause in the story to explain why a character dresses or acts the way they do can be alienating to an audience looking for fetish art I think, there are writers who slip it in easily but for more inexperienced writers I think that. You want to save that complexity for the emotions, the romance, the fetish, the actions the things that make the story erotica. Rather than on miscellaneous detail. And it might turn out that you don't actually need to explain something but when you are an inexperienced writer it can be hard to tell so male characters have advantages in that regard.

On the subject of possessiveness itself, I think it can be hard to explain what really draws me in about it in vore. I think there's definitely a symbolic aspect to it, but I think there's also something inherently appealing about the emotions that go on in such a scenario, the fixation, the fringe horror, the percieved betrayal, the unhinged sincerity of it all. I see some people in the forum saying it's not real affection but I kind of like saying "But what if it was?" what if someone could love a person and still do that? What would their thoughts and emotions look like? What would the thoughts and emotions of the victim look like espeacially if on some level they feel the same? Even if not consciously? That's the great thing about fiction you can make sense of things that don't make sense and I think playing with that scenario of love that's all consuming in the literal sense, and the fear and conflict and passion that comes from that for whatever reason that's a pretty key part of the vore fetish for me.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chameleonette » Thu May 23, 2019 12:24 pm

StarlingJay wrote:Oh, I guess I didn't really answer your question then, lol. My answer may very well disappoint you, in that case. For me, possessiveness is just one of the many circumstances that can result in the kind of vore that I like. I don't know if that made sense, but to try to put it a different way, I can like possessiveness and unwilling prey, but just as much as I can like other scenarios that simply tick all the right boxes. For me, the appeal in vore has a lot less depth, and I'm more so attracted to the appearance and physical sensations of things (like the inside of the mouth, how the pred feels to have the prey sliding down his throat, etc.) more than the meanings or reasons behind the scenarios. I'm a mouth fetishist first and foremost, and if vore scenarios, whether written or drawn, don't give any attention or detail to the appearance of the mouth or throat, it's almost impossible for me to find the artwork hot. That doesn't mean I can't think that the artwork is good, but I can't be aroused by it, and is therefore content that is less of a viewing priority to me when compared to artwork that can actually arouse me. Since this is the case, possessiveness / obsessiveness is just another vehicle that may or may not be the motivating factor behind vore scenarios that I like to view. However, although they're much less of a priority to me, I still do pay attention to underlying concepts and motivating factors, so I can still like some tropes more than others. While I do like possessive pred scenarios, it's not my highest preference. The trope that has the most appeal to me and I find myself imagining most often is unwilling vore between spouses, partners, lovers, close friends, or teammates. I find this trope and the possessiveness / obsessiveness trope to be mutually exclusive, but there can certainly still be some overlap between them.

I think the reason I like the trope of vore between friends or partners so much is that the husband (or man in the relationship) is supposed to be the protector, provider, and in certain cases lover for the woman. But the unwilling vore scenario flips that natural order on its head, and is, in a sense, a betrayal of their established relationship, and what was supposed to be. For the man to swallow his partner despite the woman's fear, unwillingness, and mutually positive relationship with him, is almost like an act against nature, an act against how their roles were meant to be; after all, he should be caring for his partner and treating her with dignity, not swallowing her whole like a piece of candy. I don't know why exactly, but the trope itself is a huge turn on to me in its own right. However, even though I love this trope, as I mentioned above, whether the artwork is actually capable of arousing me is almost fully dependent on other factors, first and foremost.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've taken a look at your gallery before, and you make beautiful artwork. Most of it doesn't suit my particular tastes in vore, but your art is still very aesthetically pleasing, and I always appreciate when people contribute soft, oral vore artwork of any kind to the M/F community. I wasn't aware that most of your work featured possessive vore (as stated earlier, it's tough to make that distinction in drawings. Or maybe I'm just dense and can't put two and two together, lol), so I'm glad that I'm able to see a gallery that is devoted to it. Thank you for your contributions and for creating discussions like these so that people like me can have an outlet to talk about it.

I'm also a believer that you should make what you'd like to see, which is the biggest reason I started drawing vore myself. I appreciate the content that other artists have released publicly (and not just the M/F content, either), and without the works of others, there's no way I would have been able to get into vore much at all, if I even learned about what vore was to begin with. I would really like to give back to the community to express my appreciation. But more than that, I want to publish artwork for others who are in the same camp as me, who have similar tastes in vore as me but very little content to look at. That way, I can be a part of the change and content that I (and others in the same boat) want to see.

Thanks for the support! I can't say for certain when I'll release more content, especially the work I had in mind that features possessive preds, but I'll definitely try not to keep you waiting for too long, lol.

I mean, this isn't about disappointing or not disappointing, lol. It's just discussion! And there are a lot of people who don't take much depth in what they enjoy in vore---I'm just one of the weird ones. The oral part of everything is a big thing for me, too. Granted, I'm not into it in a sense of like dental inspection, but mouths and throats are hot. But either way, possessiveness doesn't have to be a priority. I'm just looking to discuss with people who enjoy it, whether their reasons or what they enjoy about it are different from me or not.

I'm honestly not picky about whether the pred/prey are friends, lovers, married, coworkers, partners, adversaries/rivals, etc. I can work the possessive factors that I like into any of them. It's just all about our fantasies and what appeals to us, in the end. I like the act of betrayal in that sense. Not because it's 'cruel and mean' (although I'm fine with that kind of betrayal too, if it doesn't equate the prey meaning nothing to the pred), but rather, weaving possessiveness into it, I like for the pred to just be unable to hold back his desire or be that determined for them to be as close as possible--even in merging her into him through consumption and digestion. I see what you're saying, though, in terms of it 'going against' what would be considered natural.

Ahh, thanks! I appreciate it. And yeah, it's not always super apparent that my work focuses on possessiveness. It has taken a big turn to that in the last couple years, when I really got into the idea of sona/self-inserting. But I do like to contribute what I can, as well as get more of what I like out there. And hey, sometimes it entices people to something they didn't expect, and it's always a treat when someone says that sort of thing to me. And it's my pleasure on both counts---I like having discussions. It's fun and it's also interesting to see how different people view similar things and concepts in relation to what they enjoy or what appeals to them. (I guess you could say for the opposite, too, but negative discussion doesn't appeal to me that much.)

That's exactly how I feel about it, too. Sitting around and waiting for something you want to appear just never seemed right to me. You can either make an effort yourself, or commission others if there's something specific you really want. And I've kind of based my entire time in the vore community on that. And it's also great to be able to either introduce people to new content that they become interested in through your work, or even encourage others to do what they want to see, too. And at least for me, in niches like I enjoy with M/F, I know it's not that beloved and explored and content of it is generally lacking, so knowing I can make and provide something for those who feel similarly to myself always feels good. And encourages the love and appreciate for it.

No prob! I wish you the best of luck with it~! Take it at your own pace. (And my apologies for responding late. I fell a little behind on replies here for awhile.)

Chameleonette
---

Postby Chameleonette » Thu May 23, 2019 12:33 pm

Merodi wrote:I'm not always into it, but when the mood strikes, I enjoy it quite a bit!
I've written a fic where a guy fatally vores the girl he likes just so he can have her for himself, though it's portrayed as kinda... him being a huge dick because it IS a dick move to do. I also like the idea of a gentle male giant gobbling up his tiny friends for their safety because he loves them so much that he doesn't want anything to happen to them, even if that means they have to bide their time inside of him because he can't fathom the idea that someone else would take them away from him.

Weirdly enough, as much as I like M/M romantic vore - which IS my fave - I don't really do it a lot for that. Sure, I do like the idea of pred boyfriend being kind of controlling and voring prey boyfriend so he can't, I don't know, meet his ex or whatever; but I don't really... do any art of fics with that.

Fair enough! I would assume that for most, it's probably a mood thing if it is a thing. I just can't seem to get enough of it, for some reason. Haha. But yeah, there's no wrong way to portray or enjoy it. Desire, selfishness, protection, domination, revenge... many possibilities, depending on the scenario and what is enjoyed.

Chameleonette
---

Postby jaggedjagd » Thu May 23, 2019 4:07 pm

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ixtili » Fri May 24, 2019 1:45 am

jaggedjagd wrote:
Ixtili wrote:It's also alot easier I think to make a male predator alluring and disgusting at the same time.

Ixtili wrote:What I meant was I can think of very few female character designs that would be able to pull off the same level of being attractive while embodying something alittle base and slightly off colour.

I can think of a few...

Spoiler: show
demona.JPG

othermom.JPG

shimoneta.JPG

/offtopic

...Afraid I don't have anything meaningful to add to the discussion of the Christian Greys of vore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Interesting to read people's perspective on the subject though.

Honestly to me only the middle one would qualify. #SoOffTopicItPhysicallyHurtsTheSoul ^^;

You take that back about Christian Grey! Edward Cullen was a passionless husk and so is his expy! I'd prefer the Ancient Magus's Bride as a comparison. Same problematic set up but I don't want to stab the Magus instantly just on principle, it's okay to want to stab a predator once they start being predators and (the magus does later on spoiler), there seem to be plenty of people with this fetish that have that sort of opinion even if it gets them off, but as a general rule I like it if my predators don't stop being attractive the very second they open their mouths and say literally anything. So Christian Grey is definitely out. Better fit would be say Zero from Vampire Knight who is a whiny asshole but a. that's kind of the appeal and b. you don't really begrudge him that because you know the why of it, The Magus from the Ancient Magus' Bride who is a selfish monster but one who you don't necessarily lose sympathy for immediately when that becomes apparent.You need to have some degree of charisma before I'm willing to indulge in cheesecake about you. >.>
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Altimos » Fri May 24, 2019 6:07 am

jaggedjagd wrote:
shimoneta.JPG
[/spoiler]

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Shimoneta is my Ultimate Human Waifu Predator <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Ancient Reckoning Chronicles

I also roleplay, but cannot find a site yet to display a good enough interpretation of my preferences. So... just ask me.
Altimos
Somewhat familiar

Postby InsertAGoodNameHere » Fri May 24, 2019 11:40 am

Altimos wrote:<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Shimoneta is my Ultimate Human Waifu Predator <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Exactly the stuff I want to talk about in a Male Pred thread.

Just wonderful.
InsertAGoodNameHere
New to the forum

Postby Chameleonette » Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Ixtili wrote:I mean when I was talking about disgusting I wasn't really talking about your preds, your preds are pretty bishi in that regard, but I have seen some male predators that really own that element of character design and charisma. What I meant was I can think of very few female character designs that would be able to pull off the same level of being attractive while embodying something alittle base and slightly off colour. I'm thinking big hairy slightly ogreish men and slightly horrorish looking designs. I think it's alot easier to make a male character like that. I've seen some artists try with women but it either seems to just become ugly or just become beautiful there's no sort of middle state. Maybe it's that old joke about how female monster characters all look like humans but male monsters can look like anything. I don't know but in my experience male preds seem to have an advantage there whatever the reason.

With the formal wear thing, I guess what I'm saying is scenario wise if you want your pred to wear a suit and have a reason to wear a suit, there's alot more nice cliche backdrops you can just roll with if you have a male predator, whereas with females you kind of have to justify it alittle more. I don't know about you but I've always felt like fetish art works better the simpler it is, so the more explanation you have to give to something being the way it is the less time you actually spend on the fetish, which is why alot of fetish scenarios are based around cliches like doctor/paitient or teacher/student or dragon/princess. That's not to say you can't get complex and I think artists that draw probably won't have as much of trouble. But for storytellers espeacially inexperienced storytellers it can be hard to know what to explain and what not to explain. Having a male character fufill cliches or associations that we all have is therefore a pretty neat cheat code, since you don't have to worry if you have to explain it, you know already that it's universal enough that you don't have to spend words justifying it. Sorry if I'm not making sense ^^;

Note I'm not saying that complexity can't be in written erotica, but I am saying that the complexity should be saved for the key aspects of the kind of erotica someone is trying to write, taking a pause in the story to explain why a character dresses or acts the way they do can be alienating to an audience looking for fetish art I think, there are writers who slip it in easily but for more inexperienced writers I think that. You want to save that complexity for the emotions, the romance, the fetish, the actions the things that make the story erotica. Rather than on miscellaneous detail. And it might turn out that you don't actually need to explain something but when you are an inexperienced writer it can be hard to tell so male characters have advantages in that regard.

On the subject of possessiveness itself, I think it can be hard to explain what really draws me in about it in vore. I think there's definitely a symbolic aspect to it, but I think there's also something inherently appealing about the emotions that go on in such a scenario, the fixation, the fringe horror, the percieved betrayal, the unhinged sincerity of it all. I see some people in the forum saying it's not real affection but I kind of like saying "But what if it was?" what if someone could love a person and still do that? What would their thoughts and emotions look like? What would the thoughts and emotions of the victim look like espeacially if on some level they feel the same? Even if not consciously? That's the great thing about fiction you can make sense of things that don't make sense and I think playing with that scenario of love that's all consuming in the literal sense, and the fear and conflict and passion that comes from that for whatever reason that's a pretty key part of the vore fetish for me.

>Attempting to get this thread back on track. (Please, if you want to keep talking about the other stuff, take it to PMs! Much appreciated.)

Oh, I know you weren't talking about my types preds specifically. It's more that I was trying to understand what you meant by males being a mix of being disgusting but attractive and what sort of guys you meant. But I see what you mean. It's true that in most cases of 'horror' themed beings or monsters, the women are naturally going to be depicted as somewhat more attractive. Whereas they'll go more all-out with the male ones. Generally. There's exceptions to everything. I wouldn't really say it's an advantage, though, since most people tend to lean toward wanting to see the more attractive side. I do get the appeal of monsters and beasts, as well. It depends on the person and what they find appealing.

Well, I'm actually fine with simplicity or complexity. It's largely subjective as to what 'works' better. Yeah, art generally has to grab attention, but even complex art has an easier time of doing so than say, a story. It depends, though. Comics and sequences are really popular in vore art. I'd say probably among some of the most sought after content. Heck, the piece of mine that still remains most prominent on my page is a digestion sequence. And that's a lot more than just a single pic with a backdrop. But I see what you mean in terms of describing a certain 'scenario' with it. Even so, I still believe people enjoy that kind of art depiction just as much. And personally, I love the depth in it. I sometimes add blurbs and little stories in with my art for that reason at times. I guess I just don't see how male characters are really 'cheat codes' in terms of scenarios like that. And considering that a lot fewer people are into male preds in general, I just can't see how there's really any advantage at all.

I think I'm not really following what you're saying, particularly since art and fetishes are so largely subjective on many levels. I think it just varies in each person's perspective of it. What is complex or not complex or what each person likes in complexity or simplicity is simply going to be different. More people may lean toward simplicity due to it being a sexual-based fetish, but the whole thing about advantages and disadvantages just doesn't really make sense to me.

Yeah, the emotional aspect is a lot of what draws me into possessiveness. I like to feel invested. And when the prey is either easily discarded, considered one of many, or just plain insignificant altogether just doesn't really appeal to me much. On a surface level, I can definitely appreciate art and things of that nature. But in terms of my own fantasies and in wanting to 'dig deeper', so to speak, I want to feel a much stronger connection between the pred and prey. And for those that say possessiveness can't be based on love or affection---that's not really anyone's thing to determine. It's just another thing that's different from different perspectives. As I said, I like to view it as a darker romance. A need and desire so strong that he just has to have all of her. It has nothing to do with her meaning so little that he wants to get 'rid' of her, but rather, I love the emotional focus that stems from him simply not wanting to be apart from her, even in body. And that can work in either fatal or non-fatal and still doesn't have to mean 'he doesn't actually love or treasure her'. Is it selfish and is he betraying her trust (if it's unwilling)? Certainly. But I love that kind of high-octane emotion in vore scenes. It really gets me interested and invested. And I do like the conflicted feelings from the prey's side, too. The elements of the betrayal she feels, but also that it's not as though she can just stop caring about him (whether he's a friend or lover, etc). That kind of emotional depth is just something I really adore. And at the same time, I also love the thrill and danger aspects of it with the fatality side. It's a peak of many emotions---and the pred enjoying all of those emotions from her, perhaps in ways he never thought he would. And as you said, that's one of the great things about fiction. You can take something that doesn't belong in reality and create your own sandbox for it to have as a fantasy. And I like having that freedom to explore a concept like that freely. At the end of the day, what appeals to me about vore, at the core, is that it is a complete fantasy. And I like to view it that way.

Chameleonette
---

Postby truck » Fri May 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Ixtili wrote:
jaggedjagd wrote:
Ixtili wrote:It's also alot easier I think to make a male predator alluring and disgusting at the same time.

Ixtili wrote:What I meant was I can think of very few female character designs that would be able to pull off the same level of being attractive while embodying something alittle base and slightly off colour.

I can think of a few...

Spoiler: show
demona.JPG

othermom.JPG

shimoneta.JPG

/offtopic

...Afraid I don't have anything meaningful to add to the discussion of the Christian Greys of vore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Interesting to read people's perspective on the subject though.

Honestly to me only the middle one would qualify. #SoOffTopicItPhysicallyHurtsTheSoul ^^;

You take that back about Christian Grey! Edward Cullen was a passionless husk and so is his expy! I'd prefer the Ancient Magus's Bride as a comparison. Same problematic set up but I don't want to stab the Magus instantly just on principle, it's okay to want to stab a predator once they start being predators and (the magus does later on spoiler), there seem to be plenty of people with this fetish that have that sort of opinion even if it gets them off, but as a general rule I like it if my predators don't stop being attractive the very second they open their mouths and say literally anything. So Christian Grey is definitely out. Better fit would be say Zero from Vampire Knight who is a whiny asshole but a. that's kind of the appeal and b. you don't really begrudge him that because you know the why of it, The Magus from the Ancient Magus' Bride who is a selfish monster but one who you don't necessarily lose sympathy for immediately when that becomes apparent.You need to have some degree of charisma before I'm willing to indulge in cheesecake about you. >.>

actually not one of them qualify as a male pred. the middle one is the alternate reality mother from coralline.
truck
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion