Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.3.2b by InternIsla

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What type of empire do you play?

Pred empire
53%
Prey empire
26%
Alt-vore empire
21%

Total votes : 933

Re: Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.15

Postby NVI » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:58 am

redfearnmatt wrote: If you don't mind me asking, what are you adding?

Let me elaborate on that.

What I added is Navel Vore based things. I added:

-"Navel Vore" trait
-"Navel Worship" civic
-"Navel Goddess" ruler trait
-"Navel Lesbianate" government (basically a Divine Empire on steroids)
-Diplo messages and other text
-2 poorly edited icons for the trait and civic I added
-Navel Vore-based edict for the Navel Lesbianate

It's not much and don't know how to make them work properly, but it's my first shot and I'm planning on extending it with event chains once I've learned how to code properly.
NVI
New to the forum

Postby Ouroborus » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:08 pm

NVI wrote:
redfearnmatt wrote: If you don't mind me asking, what are you adding?

It's not much and don't know how to make them work properly, but it's my first shot and I'm planning on extending it with event chains once I've learned how to code properly.

I hadn't modded anything in a paradox game before this, but it's not that hard to learn. Make sure you use Notepad++ to edit files so you can have the right encoding, and check the wikis. Also, there are a lot more stellaris mods on Loverslab, and it's easier to access the files downloaded there as opposed to trying to look at stuff off of steam. I probably learned 70%-80% of what I needed to actually make this mod by looking at those Loverslab mods so I would highly recommend checking those out if you haven't already.
Creator of the Stellaris Vore mod
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Midir » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Last time I tried modding Stellaris (it was before 2.2!) there was this awesome tool: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it ... ols-vscode

CWTools is basically a plugin..mod..? For VIsual Studio Code that adds Stellaris syntax and it will highlight the most obvious mistakes for you and gives you autocomplete. Kind of helpful, although you could still do simple things with Notepad++ too!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby redfearnmatt » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:12 pm

Midir wrote:Last time I tried modding Stellaris (it was before 2.2!) there was this awesome tool: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it ... ols-vscode

CWTools is basically a plugin..mod..? For VIsual Studio Code that adds Stellaris syntax and it will highlight the most obvious mistakes for you and gives you autocomplete. Kind of helpful, although you could still do simple things with Notepad++ too!

Thanks. May try my hand on some events...
redfearnmatt
Been posting for a bit

Postby Midir » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:02 pm

Check "Stellaris Modding Den" discord server, it can be very helpful and most big modders hang out there so you can ask questions!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:06 pm

This mod is what got me into Stellaris. I don't think I ever would've even found the game had I not stumbled across this thread. I immediately fell in love with it, so I just want to thank you for creating this mod!

Praise aside, are you still working on the mod? I've tinkered with the mod quite a bit myself and have had quite a bit of success adding new stuff
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby Ouroborus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:39 am

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:This mod is what got me into Stellaris. I don't think I ever would've even found the game had I not stumbled across this thread. I immediately fell in love with it, so I just want to thank you for creating this mod!

Praise aside, are you still working on the mod? I've tinkered with the mod quite a bit myself and have had quite a bit of success adding new stuff

Thanks for telling me, it's cool to hear! Paradox has got lots of other great games worth checking out too.
As for working on the mod, my computer bit the big one and I can't afford a new one right now. Given my situation, I don't expect to be able to work on it for ~6 months in the best possible timeline
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby InternIsla » Fri May 03, 2019 7:31 am

Hello, everyone! I finally got a chance to try this mod after coming across it a while ago, and I liked it so much that I started to tinker around with it as much as play it! In the process, I've learned a little bit about Stellaris's scripting (Hint: it's awful) and ended up making a small unofficial update, which I'm going to post here with the mod author's permission.

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!2hRDRYDT!2gHc53pyegiM ... ddGBQ8T0f4

Quick rundown of the changes:
  • Some errors in ruler traits have been corrected, and their modifiers have been updated to (hopefully) match their new definitions in version 2.2.7. All ruler traits should be assigned properly and function now.
  • A new civic and ruler trait: Vore Goddess (name not final)! With this civic/trait combination, your ruler will become an immortal and powerful predator who bestows a variety of beneficial effects on your empire, but their insatiable appetite reduces your population growth by 50%! (The civic itself doesn't have any effects, and only serves to trigger an event on game start to add the ruler trait.)
  • For those with the Vore Goddess civic or the 'All Female' trait from Lustful Void, a new script will make all generated leaders for your empire female. (This is largely a by-product of my explorations of Stellaris's event scripting, but I like it for roleplaying purposes.)
  • Rulers who have the 'Master Predator' or 'Expert Predator' traits will not spawn with or gain the 'Prey' trait. This is partly for roleplaying reasons, and partly because their bonuses don't combine very well.

Frankly, the trait is just something I added because of my own personal tastes, but hopefully other people out there will enjoy it, too. The stats aren't final, so let me know if it seems overpowered, or if the benefits don't seem worth the penalty.

Known issues:
  • The 'Motherly' ruler trait has no label or description text assigned to it. I may address it later after consulting with the mod author, but for now I've left it as-is. The trait should still function normally.
  • The effects listed in tooltips may not match the actual effects. I tried to make 1:1 conversions where possible, but some stats work differently or don't exist anymore (E.G. planetary unrest has been replaced with planetary stability, which can only be modified additively, not multiplicatively).
  • AI players will, almost invariably, apply the 'Vore Goddess' trait to their rulers - if not at game start, then during the course of it. This is obviously not the intended behavior, and I'm looking into ways to prevent the AI from bypassing the civic requirement.
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby InternIsla » Sun May 05, 2019 10:36 pm

Because I don't know when to leave well enough alone, here's a quick update.

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!Ssw32Q6B!CpdFSs7Yo_ar ... qGSR5QXCDE

Changes:
  • Vore Goddess has been renamed to Voracious Deity. The effects remain largely the same, this is largely a flavor text change to make it more gender-neutral. Additionally, AI players who don't meet the requirements should (hopefully) no longer gain leaders with the trait.
  • Label and description fixes, including: Motherly trait, Vore Warriors personality type, Motherly Matriarchy personality type, and Peaceful prey personality type.
  • Governors can now appear with Predator and Prey traits. More leader types coming soon.
  • Leader gender scripts will now only affect species who have the 'All Female' or 'All Male' traits from Lustful Void. These scripts will likely be removed entirely later, but for now they're good practice for events and there's no harm in leaving them in.

Known issues:
  • Effects listed in trait tooltips may not match actual effects.
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby Wollffett » Sun May 12, 2019 1:31 pm

I recently got stellaris and am wondering how does vore happen in the game. Is it when you conquer an empire or only in events and such
Wollffett
Participator

Postby Ouroborus » Sun May 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Wollffett wrote:I recently got stellaris and am wondering how does vore happen in the game. Is it when you conquer an empire or only in events and such

This mod just adds some traits and civics, and adds some new personalities for AI. It's more for RP than anything else.
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby InternIsla » Tue May 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Ouroborus wrote:
Wollffett wrote:I recently got stellaris and am wondering how does vore happen in the game. Is it when you conquer an empire or only in events and such

This mod just adds some traits and civics, and adds some new personalities for AI. It's more for RP than anything else.

Truth be told, I've been mulling over the possibility of vore events to add to the experience, but the scripting involved would probably get a bit... messy. Stellaris's event scripting is obtuse at the best of times, and it's not helped by the way the game is structured - for instance, the fact that every pop on a planet is an individual entity with its own unique identifier, even though there's no apparent reason to refer to them in any way besides in aggregate.
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby Panth » Wed May 15, 2019 1:27 am

I remember one of the old Loverslab mods had a policy/trait to replace foreign species by breeding all their females with your own and that way slowly replacing alien pops with your own.
Maybe voring could do something similar?
Or perhaps make non-citizens on a planet provide a food and growth bonus to citizenship-granted species pops, as long as both are present, while slowly getting diminished themselves.
Alternatively, the Devouring Swarm hivemind civic is begging for a non-hivemind, pred-species equivalent.
Panth
New to the forum

Postby InternIsla » Wed May 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Panth wrote:I remember one of the old Loverslab mods had a policy/trait to replace foreign species by breeding all their females with your own and that way slowly replacing alien pops with your own.
Or perhaps make non-citizens on a planet provide a food and growth bonus to citizenship-granted species pops, as long as both are present, while slowly getting diminished themselves.
Alternatively, the Devouring Swarm hivemind civic is begging for a non-hivemind, pred-species equivalent.

All interesting ideas, and I do know the mod you're talking about. That's a trait from Sexyxenos, and while it's an interesting mechanic, I'd probably opt for a more subtle implementation because SSX's event would pop up constantly and became more of a nuisance than a fun gameplay element.

The second idea I'm not sure about. I don't know if you can give modifiers based on species rights, but it may be possible to have, say, empire-wide effects based on the presence of other species on owned planets. I know Lustful Void has implemented a similar concept with how it handles xenophiles.
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby SpotTea » Wed May 15, 2019 2:43 pm

InternIsla wrote:
Panth wrote:I remember one of the old Loverslab mods had a policy/trait to replace foreign species by breeding all their females with your own and that way slowly replacing alien pops with your own.

All interesting ideas, and I do know the mod you're talking about. That's a trait from Sexyxenos, and while it's an interesting mechanic, I'd probably opt for a more subtle implementation because SSX's event would pop up constantly and became more of a nuisance than a fun gameplay element.

The second idea I'm not sure about. I don't know if you can give modifiers based on species rights, but it may be possible to have, say, empire-wide effects based on the presence of other species on owned planets. I know Lustful Void has implemented a similar concept with how it handles xenophiles.

Furthering on from this idea, a possible way around is to make species pops marked with predator traits 'eat' (remove, not replace) prey pops with food boost and the notification (Something neutral to account for both pred and prey empires I guess), but have two mitigation for spam: A "silence" option whenever the "pop eaten" popup appears (Can't remember where but I'm sure I've seen this before, can have a search if you would like), and have the rate of it happening either very low+random, or somewhat regular if the pred species pop has happiness and/or empire food levels below a certain level.
It'd sure make some players think twice about who they let in their empire, and encourage others I suspect!
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby rez » Thu May 23, 2019 12:58 pm

here are A couple of ideas I had although I have no idea how feasible they are. So here they are in bullet points

1 some more vore edicts, I can think of 2 edicts that would fit with the mod.
A "mass adoption" edict for unbirth this one could work by slowly changing xeno pops to your main species, this might also work as a purge option.
An "open season" edict this one would make your pops use far less food and amenities at the cost of lowering pop growth.

2 perhaps some vore techs like making A pred army to invade planets with, or making houses hold more pops via unbirthing.

3 some vore andunbirth portrait sets, this one is simple a couple of portrait sets to let the pred empires look the part.

Although I will admit that I did make some portraits for my own use I don't think I can share them, mostly cause I just used picks that I got from around the internet(not to mention that I just plugged them into another portrait mod cause I can't get my head around the coding).

As I said at the start I don't know how feasible these ideas are, but I just wanted to share the ideas.
rez
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:24 am

I'm interested in this mod but as it's mostly manifested right now in civics and species traits, I think I'll abstain from actually playing with it for the time being. I had an idea that's probably too fundamentally-upheaving to really be implemented at this point--that pred vs prey be made into an ethics axis rather than a civic--but I frankly don't know enough about Stellaris to have all that informed of input.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daichi » Sun May 26, 2019 3:45 am

Is there anyway to upload this onto steam? I mean I can download it from Mega but I'm not sure how to apply it to my game. I could use some help.
Daichi
New to the forum

Postby Ouroborus » Sun May 26, 2019 5:47 am

Daichi wrote:Is there anyway to upload this onto steam? I mean I can download it from Mega but I'm not sure how to apply it to my game. I could use some help.

I'd rather not have it on steam, not interested in dealing with possible TOS violations.
Just download the archive
Extract it with 7zip (or similar programs)
Put the mod folder and the .mod file in documents>paradox interactive>stellaris>mod
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Panth » Sun May 26, 2019 6:16 pm

I worry what the world will look like once steam has taken over everything and people can't manage a simple extract and copy-paste job.
Panth
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game