Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V22H

Postby Aurilika » Thu May 30, 2019 11:57 pm

VorishFoxie wrote:I just wanna say: I had no idea this game was a thing until last night, and I absolutely LOVE it! I had so much fun and I can’t wait to play more! My favorite race so far is easily the Imps. I made one Imp I’ve grown quite attached to, might even draw some fanart sometime or make em into an oc! Keep up the excellent work, I can’t wait to see this game grow and get better and better!

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

1234567810 wrote:Gosh, this game is really good...! Saw it during the early alpha but had no idea you evolved it this much, it's amazing now! Really hope to support this project somehow, excited for this game's future! <3

Thank you!

Jaybeezy wrote:So in the interest of game balance I wanted to bring something up. Every time I have the Imps as an AI faction in strategic, they ALWAYS do a good bit better than any other faction with the same AI level and similar capabilites, and are frequently the last ones standing aside from my own faction. Mind you, I have even seen a Basic AI (Legacy tactical) Imps with no vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines obliterate a Basic AI (Legacy tactical) Lizards with no vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines while simultaneously besting a Basic AI (Legacy Tactical) Wolves WITH vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines. I have yet to see the Imps ever defeated by another faction without that faction having better AI and/or larger armies.
I'm pretty sure this has to do with "Astral Call." I think that the trait is all fine and good and I think it's a neat idea but I think it gives too much of an advantage for the Imps in AI vs AI battles. I don't think it should have a lower summon rate, but I do think units summoned with it should be a.)unable to do anything the turn they are summoned, b.) never equipped with good spells or advanced weapons, and c.) lower-level (for instance 1 level for every 25 levels of the summoning unit. This way they could still be of use but less of a game changer. What do you think?

Okay, I'll do a balance pass for this next patch as well, and check out how they are preforming at various levels. My guess would be that they are most out of whack at level 1, because summoned imps would also be level one. To clarify the mechanics, right now the quantity is as Turbotowns described (originally they were rolled per imp, but that was too streaky and was replaced by the current controlled randomness. They are summoned at 60% of the average level of all the units with astral call minus 2 (I.e. if the average is level 12, then they will be summoned at level 12 * .6 = 7, - 2 = 5.) They should spawn with only basic weapons, and no other items.

Turbotowns wrote:each imp adds 20% with 5, we get a guarantee summon, 30x5 equals 6, then with the last 2 we have a 40% chance for a 7th

Turbotowns wrote:I have a pretty good converting site.
But how do I add/replace the sfx?

Right now you'd have to be running the unity project to do that, but it would simply be adding/removing files to the directories that sounds are in, i.e. Assets/Resources/audio/vore/absorbs/oral/

Turbotowns wrote:All of of a sudden I noticed that my "allied" monsters weren't occupying my towns anymore! (Was it because I changed it eat all and move on?)

Yeah, there's a bug that I fixed for the next version where they wouldn't move in allied villages, they wouldn't devour, but they would think that they were still supposed to guard/stay in the town.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, any chance for an ETA?

I'm going to just declare Wednesday as very likely a patch day, and likely release that day regardless of what features are complete (though not if they are in an unstable or very buggy state) That should also give me incentive to not be lazy.

RichardDix wrote:Easiest solution to the imp complaint would probably be to add a way for players to set the spawn chance, if enough people want it.

I'd want to avoid that kind of per race options micromanagement if I can, I'll see what I can do balance wise.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DisguisedQQ » Fri May 31, 2019 4:58 am

Just have to say that i never seen imps dominating ayone for real in my games, and when they did their capital got taken off. It might be coz armored crypters or greedy lamias, who usually being around tho. Or maybe non-vorish imps just too weak...
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Fri May 31, 2019 12:33 pm

Aurilika wrote:

Right now you'd have to be running the unity project to do that, but it would simply be adding/removing files to the directories that sounds are in, i.e. Assets/Resources/audio/vore/absorbs/oral/

And uh... do I need to OWN unity to do that?

Wait! Nvm!

It's with the source stuff. XD

...How important is the .mp3.meta?

AH! The breast vore sfx are ogg files! They DO work!

Erm... I have no idea what I'm doing. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby VLover552 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:43 pm

Been awhile since I checked out this game and I gatta say I'm loving the lewd text option thing and how relationships can almost form between team members and I would love if that could be built upon and such like they get a bonus if they are near each other, they can friendly vore each other so they can heal inside each other and so on the list goes on and it would be cool if it was also optional so the relationships feature is not just forced onto people. Idk just an idea I thought of while messing around with the new updates, keep up the great work!!!
VLover552
Participator

Postby Aces » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 pm

Cruel characters seem like they should have different reactions to digesting allies, but they seem to just act the same.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:21 am

Aces wrote:Cruel characters seem like they should have different reactions to digesting allies, but they seem to just act the same.

That's what I said. XD

They should LOVE eating their allies not despairing over it.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:32 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
Aurilika wrote:

And uh... do I need to OWN unity to do that?

Wait! Nvm!

It's with the source stuff. XD

...How important is the .mp3.meta?

AH! The breast vore sfx are ogg files! They DO work!

Erm... I have no idea what I'm doing. XD

...Still don't know what I'm supposed to do! XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Turbotowns wrote:...Still don't know what I'm supposed to do! XD

You can get unity for free for personal use, as long as you're not making money off of it. You need to open the project there to drop files into the source, then use the "build" options or whatever in the file tab to compile the code into a playable game, selecting where to put the completed folder.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:...Still don't know what I'm supposed to do! XD

You can get unity for free for personal use, as long as you're not making money off of it. You need to open the project there to drop files into the source, then use the "build" options or whatever in the file tab to compile the code into a playable game, selecting where to put the completed folder.

Okie Doke! I'll try that!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:19 am

On the earlier topic, low level imps seem to be in an acceptable place, middle lower among the races. Part of the issue may be that if you have non-random starting locations on, they spawn next to harpies and humans, who are two of the weakest races, at least at low levels, so maybe that's letting them get an advantage early on.

Aces wrote:Cruel characters seem like they should have different reactions to digesting allies, but they seem to just act the same.

I'll address that soon.

So, V23 is released. Progress was a little slower the last couple weeks due to multiple distractions. Now that I've done the gameplay related patch (even though I didn't get all I wanted into it), I'll now ping pong back and catch up on the sprites.
The short list of features planned for either mini-patches or the next bigger patch include
Random Events
A Plant Race,
The Fairies
Implement more of the combat messages
Also, it has been suggested that races become separated enough that you could have multiples. I can certainly do that (and I've done some of the leg work), but it would leave features like defection in kind of a weird place, since they really wouldn't function anymore. But would also involve having to set things like can vore by race instead of by empire, also the map editor would need a bit of a redesign. I'll probably eventually move that direction though, let me know if you have any thoughts on that.

Also, the vore mechanics changes are a work in progress so let me know if something seems off or doesn't work right, or you think they need to be tweaked one direction or another.

If there's bugs I should be able to fix them tomorrow (there is a potential bug when loading saved tactical games from previous versions, but I'll fix that tomorrow)

23:
Updated the formulas for vore attack / prey escaping, and vore damage. It's certainly possible I may have introduced bugs so let me know.
The short version is vore is easier to do, but escape chances are higher.
For a longer version
Vore now takes into account the size of predator and prey, also the attacker's health percentage has an effect. The defender's strength also plays a minor role in vore defense (will is still the dominant stat)
The Prey escape rate has been increased by a fair amount in most cases. The odds take into account how full the predator is now, and there's a sizeable bonus to escape chance if the prey are bigger than the stomach (such as when dimishment wears off mid-digestion). It now uses 50% will, 16.6% strength, dexterity and endurance each as the stats for escape.
Digestion damage is now more complicated in general, instead of solely based on the stomach stat. Digestion damage decreases as there are more prey in a stomach, and larger prey take more damage (due to more surface area). 25% Voracity and 75% Stomach are the attack stats, and endurance and will are the defense stats. Digestion also does more damage the longer the prey is in the stomach.
Since Harpies were argueably the weakest race, they have recieved the trait Keen reflexes (which pushes them into the upper middle range). I was tempted to use Artful Dodge, but there's already a lot of things using that.
Light weapons (mace / simple bow) now have a small accuracy bonus to make them more interesting.
Fixed a bug where only 1 fleeing unit headed to a town that was no longer theirs would pick a new town each turn, and the rest of the travelers would not update at all for that turn (even ones that were supposed to be heading to that town)
Can now skip the rest of battle during the AI turns if the other empire is a player, any options you check apply to the player's side (surrender, etc.)
Added options to prevent the AI from ever fleeing, and also to allow the AI to hire special mercenaries (It will still be fairly rare)
Added additional sliders to the map generator for finer control (forests, swamps and hilliness)
Fixed bug where if the world generator had to add village paths (like it does if you have a very high water percentage), the pathfinder would still consider those tiles as invalid until you loaded the save again or entered and exited the map editor.
Dragonfly race added as a monster race
Can no longer buy stock weapons for allies to avoid cheesing allies you plan to betray (The AI also didn't really need help on that front, and would probably fight anything you tried to do). Also fixed it so if you buy a village building for an ally, it uses your money and not theirs.
The Unit exchanger now uses less harsh movement rules, rather than setting the mp of both armies to 0. I've tried to end up on a fairly logical system. If an army receives a unit, it will then have the MP of either the transferring army assuming it moved into that square, or the armies current MP, whichever is less. So if an army has 2 MP, is on grass, and receives a unit from an army with 2 mp, the receving army would now have 1 Mp. (The Receving units were assumed to have 2 mp, and moved, and had 1 left, so they effectively slow the army down). If the transferring army had 3 mp and the reciever had 2, then the MP of both armies would be unchanged. This also means that a solo army can split off units without losing mp, so it can be cheesable, but the tradeoff of being less of a hassle is worth it. You still need at least 1 mp for both armies though, even though if one of the armies only transfers it won't be charged. (This is mainly to keep the screen from having to reject moving units and open with only partial functionality)
Spells now count properly as kills (for direct damage hits, not damage over time), properly awarding kill experience, showing up in the unit's kill count, and showing up in the tactical log and at the end of battle.
The player's army will now not retreat when given control for a turn, and the skip rest of battle allows you to choose whether they can retreat (previously they could retreat in single turn mode, but couldn't in skip, or at least I think that's how it worked)
Cleaned up a few oddities in the tactical message log, including making self belly rubs use their own text.
Vagrant paralyzation odds decrease the more times it has paralyzed a single target during the same battle.
Traits that are explicitly removed from a unit by the unit editor will now stay gone, instead of coming back at certain types when the traits are refreshed from race traits (like between versions). Also fixed exiting the world settings screen overwriting units that had been specifically made preds / non preds by adding / removing the prey trait.
The maximum delay on actions has been increased in the options menu as requested as an option for slower pace.
Fixed save create strategic game settings option and export not working correctly on mac.
Fixed monsters getting stuck in allied villages under certain circumstances.
Rags now hide their lower half properly if the clothes vanish on cockvore setting is set.
Fixed a bug where taurus with a belly and an erection were not behaving as intended
Fix for enlarging and then reducing the combat log text would cause the window to be misaligned, also fixed it having text exceed the window height.
Can now edit the relations between any two empires in the cheat menu (For now you can't change the actual relation type, but the relations would update automatically whenever either empire takes a turn (offering peace, declaring war, etc.)
Fixed being able to give negative gold to allies (though I'll admit it was amusing you could make empires mad at you by stealing their gold).
If Diplomacy is on, empires that have allies but have no villages (I.e. are being kept in play by having allies) have their relations quickly fall so that the alliance will be broken after a few turns.
Dragons now display the selicia belly correctly even with a single prey
Some fixes / updates relating to scat/bones courtesy of dddddd2
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jaybeezy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:23 am

It could be fun to make mods for the game that add new races or make all weapons one-shot or modernize it with guns and stuff or add a new feature. I should look into that.
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore War V23

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:51 am

Nani? I thought the fairies were well and done(that one day? XD), So I was expecting them in this update... *sigh* oh well... we've got a metric fuckton of other stuff, in fact, this might be the biggest changelog yet(maybe), jesus, heh, it's kinda impressive... hopefully the fairys can get in in one of those mini updates... but... what's this about a plant race? Nani? THIS is coming out of nowhere(I... assume it was mentioned on the discord... ^^' )!

Now to actually READ this changelog(now that I'm done whining about the fairies like a little bitch again)...

Hmmm, interesting... Dragonflies, huh? Certainly creative.

Also, those changes to the vore mechanics sounds like it'll put my slimes at an OBSCENE disadvantage.
Turbotowns
???

Postby dddddd2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:00 am

Haven't have time to actually check it yet but the changes regarding vore mechanics are very interesting by the sound of it!

Also about empire and races, I'm not sure what have been suggested but I personally do like to have the ability to add same race multiple times with each their own settings and traits. I'd like to be able to add monster race as main race, too.

One more thing I hope to see is more race variation in AI army. I just think that now that there's so much difference between races, it'd be fun to fight against an army consist of, for example, slime + harpy + shark + dragon etc.
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby DisguisedQQ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:43 am

I have only one suggestion, are you sure that will is right stat for acid protection? This stat already used in many purposes and not really logical for such thing, while magic stat could be pretty logical for that kind of resistance... Currently will probably gonna be dominant stat that affect more mechanics than any other stat, while magic stat completely useless for any non-caster.
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Anesthetic » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:19 am

Woah? Did Voreacity take a SAVAGE nerf?

I've got 20th level characters with 130 Voracity, trying to swallow level 4 characters at Half health, and only having a 56% chance to get them down.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:40 am

Anesthetic wrote:Woah? Did Voreacity take a SAVAGE nerf?

I've got 20th level characters with 130 Voracity, trying to swallow level 4 characters at Half health, and only having a 56% chance to get them down.

Dat fuck'n weird... By the sounds of things, it should have gotten a BUFF, not the other way around...

DisguisedQQ wrote:I have only one suggestion, are you sure that will is right stat for acid protection? This stat already used in many purposes and not really logical for such thing, while magic stat could be pretty logical for that kind of resistance... Currently will probably gonna be dominant stat that affect more mechanics than any other stat, while magic stat completely useless for any non-caster.

I thought the changelog said Endurance?
Turbotowns
???

Postby MrXenomorph » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 am

Dragonfly doesnt have a belly texture with a Selicia in it (weird small `stick` appear instead of the belly lul)
MrXenomorph
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:13 am

MrXenomorph wrote:Dragonfly doesnt have a belly texture with a Selicia in it (weird small `stick` appear instead of the belly lul)

Not every unit does.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:25 am

MrXenomorph wrote:Dragonfly doesnt have a belly texture with a Selicia in it (weird small `stick` appear instead of the belly lul)

That's actually a bug (huehue)

Here's a temporary fix I put together. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 23_Fix.zip

Will be fixed in the next official patch for sure.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:37 pm

dddddd2 wrote:Haven't have time to actually check it yet but the changes regarding vore mechanics are very interesting by the sound of it!

Also about empire and races, I'm not sure what have been suggested but I personally do like to have the ability to add same race multiple times with each their own settings and traits. I'd like to be able to add monster race as main race, too.

One more thing I hope to see is more race variation in AI army. I just think that now that there's so much difference between races, it'd be fun to fight against an army consist of, for example, slime + harpy + shark + dragon etc.

Okay, I'll continue to work on that, then.

Well, the adventurers help with that somewhat (though I could make an option to have villages go nuts with adventurers or mercenaries)

DisguisedQQ wrote:I have only one suggestion, are you sure that will is right stat for acid protection? This stat already used in many purposes and not really logical for such thing, while magic stat could be pretty logical for that kind of resistance... Currently will probably gonna be dominant stat that affect more mechanics than any other stat, while magic stat completely useless for any non-caster.

Well, I'm okay with Mind only having an effect on casters for the moment. Will is not the greatest choice, but none of the other stats really make sense either, except endurance, and endurance is already the major contributor to health, so having it also reduce digestion damage would just stack the effect. I think of will as reducing the effects of vore in all capacities.

Anesthetic wrote:Woah? Did Voreacity take a SAVAGE nerf?

As I've said, these are a work in progress, I do plan to make some more tweaking to it.

V23A Released
Fixed up a few bugs that were reported

23A:
Fixed the tutorial not loading properly, though it probably would have also been affected by the issue below.
Fixed glitch loading a pure tactical save from a previous version with the summon spell, and fixed an issue with loading a previously saved tactical save throwing an exception during the stats page.
Fixed up some dragonfly sprite issues
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game