Self-publishing a vore ebook?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Self-publishing a vore ebook?

Postby PlatoPapel » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:48 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by PlatoPapel on Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlatoPapel
Been posting for a bit

Re: Self-publishing a vore ebook?

Postby midnightisle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:23 pm

The problem with using publishing sites, or any website for that matter, is that they'll restrict controversial content because their users' content is a reflection of the site itself. If users post something controversial, or in your case mentioning minors in a vore story, the publisher could be hit with a lawsuit. It's not realistic for sites to allow anything to be published. However, if it means anything to you, I've stumbled upon vore ebooks on Amazon. I haven't read any of them so I can't vouch for their quality or content, but at least Amazon seems to allow vore to some degree?

You also mentioned if there's a sustainable way to sell vore ebooks. Even if you did find a publisher who would distribute your work, you would be writing for a very niche audience. I don't want to sound negative, but marketing ebooks is difficult, especially if you are writing about a specific fetish.

It's not impossible to sell vore writing, though. Personally, I don't think finding a publisher for an ebook would be your best bet. There are websites like Gumroad that let you sell ebooks without needing to publish them. I haven't used Gumroad but it's worth looking into sites of that nature.

Not sure if any of this helped, but regardless, good luck to you.
midnightisle
Been posting for a bit

Postby 157and493 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:27 pm

I do not know about a book that focuses solely on vore, but I own a physical copy of a book published on a website it is has a few prominent vore scenes.
157and493
Participator

Postby Pharo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:33 pm

I've found quite a few fetish related books on Amazon, many of which included vore. I plan on sticking a couple of novellas and a book or two on the platform at some point.
Pharo
Somewhat familiar

Postby PlatoPapel » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:25 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by PlatoPapel on Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlatoPapel
Been posting for a bit

Postby 13master13 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:45 am

I was going down that same road a few months ago. Eventually, I realized the amount of work I'd be going through - using various platforms, losing whatever sized cut, worrying about having my book taken down - probably wasn't worth the money I would hypothetically bring in.
I published two books through a small publisher that did their own marketing, and aside from friends and family buying the book (which I definitely wouldn't have in this case), I didn't come close to paying myself for the time it took to write them. I don't think I'd do any better writing for a niche audience that already has a ton of free lit.

In the end, I decided to just make the e-book myself as a PDF, distribute it for free on here and deviantart, and ask people to donate to my patreon. I did it because it was fun, and in my experience, mixing art and a paycheck generally leads to disappointment.

Whatever you choose, I would stick away from Gumroad - I was looking into them, but some reviews made them seem really sleazy.
Mx Thirteen
Editor in Chief:
Anthropophagette Press
13master13
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion