How flexible are you with your preferences?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How flexible are you with your preferences?

Postby 157and493 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:31 am

When it comes to the types of predators, prey, and scenarios you typically stick to, how far are you willing to stray off the path you are familiar with to try something that you might not be sure if you like just yet?
As for me I am VERY strict with my preferences and absolutely REFUSE to try anything new, but I was wondering if there is anybody who is a bit more open minded than me when it comes to this.

How often are you willing to stray from the vore you know and enjoy to try something that you might not be sure you like?
157and493
Participator

Re: How flexible are you with your preferences?

Postby SilhouetteofKid » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:53 am

Yeah, I'm pretty flexible with my preferences.
It honestly depends on if something catches my interest or
if I have an idea that involves a different preference.
Hell yeah. (⌐■_■)

SilhouetteofKid
Somewhat familiar

Postby cranberryknights1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:49 am

Not very normally but as of late I have been trying to be a bit more flexible and at least be open minded to some new things. Like sometimes if written just right a character who I am only comfortable being pred in a story can be prey which used to bother me or ruin the moment for me but I have read some here where that occurred and it turned out being something I wound up liking even though I didn't think I would. Of course things like violent vore and fatal vore are still things I don't budge on at all still. I think with my own imagination I become very stuck in the same style of fantasies too often and need someone or something to move me out of it or tempt me into trying new things. That is just how I am and to a degree how I live my life as well. I am very routine like in my schedule but friends or family will force me to be more spontaneous and its been something I have liked doing. So yeah left to my own imagination I don't bend much with my fantasies but I have been trying to add more variety on my own as well as explore new ideas.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby Devourerita » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:07 am

It depends: I absolutely require the pred to be male (and possibly Venom, an eldritch pred or a scalie), but I don't care that much about the prey. For the scenarios, I prefer fatal digestion, but safe vore works too
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mecho » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:24 pm

I WISH I was more flexible, oh believe me. The more preferences you have, the more fun, the more content and the more people you can relate to.
Back in 2014 I had this idea that "NOW I must learn to like female preds" so I tried, and tried and tried...Even made a folder just for fempreds on the hard drive and had a few vore fantasise involving them.
But yeah...It didn't work out and the end result was just me having a hard time respecting my own sexuality rather then just being open minded/flexible.

When it comes to preds with more then 2 legs it's kind of the same, but with a little bit of succses. I kind of like centaurs based preds. Also I can go for more querky preds now then a few years back. Monsters is one thing that I come to like over the years (Tho they must have human traits)

But who ever knows. Maybe the things will change over time. But I will not force myself on liking things that dosen't feel right in the future.
Mecho
---

Postby Birichino » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Well, if something is outside of my preferences, I'm really just doing a chore for someone else to write or RP it, which will end up not being enjoyable for anyone. And there are certain areas of vore that actually repulse me, so while I try to be accomodating, my preferences don't really flex at all. It's just that I do a bit.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby AlimentaryArtist » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:32 pm

Honestly I only want two things out of an RP I want to play my character the way I wrote her, and I want to have fun, everything else is negotiable. You want to do stuff to her or her do stuff to you it's fine but if you want her to maliciously tease you while you're dying that probably wouldn't be something she'd do normally. I dunno maybe it doesn't make sense, but I keep having trouble explaining this to people I RP with that when I say that I'll do anything that doesn't mean she will.
AlimentaryArtist
Somewhat familiar

Postby RiffRaff » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:11 am

I'm pretty flexible, all things considered. I find myself into a lot of different stuff, and only absolutely repulsed by a few things. Comes in rather handy given that, if I were more stuck in my ways, my preferences would give me a pretty small pool of content to enjoy.
RiffRaff
Been posting for a bit

Postby blergle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:39 am

Not terribly flexible. Not because I refuse to try (role-playing, viewing, reading) new things, but because I have already tried all the things I encounter here, and I know what I do and do not like.
blergle
---

Postby coop500 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:44 am

Not much is too 'new' for me anymore, I kinda seen it all and already decided what I like and don't like, so I pretty much stick to my tried and true prefs.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Since my preferences have changed more times than I could count on both hands, one could say that I'm always open to new ideas or things I may of never noticed/seen before, though it does depend on some factors...

Like, for my own writing, if I am using my own original characters, I tend to be the most open with them, though I've only used them a couple of times in an RP setting, with people I actually got really good with.

However, for myself/my own persona, in my writing or RP, my preferences are not really going to be flexible, unless those change.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Krono » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:25 am

Only things I am strict about are no male/male sex, and no cock vore. Pretty much everything else is fine with me. Those two things just kill the mood for me, not sure why.
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DancingQueen6281 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 am

My preferences are strong, but I find that every now and then I'll find something that isn't normally in my wheelhouse that still does a little something for me. The only place I don't budge on is gore/hard vore/cooking. Don't like it.
DancingQueen6281
Participator

Postby Eznam » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:47 am

Entirely mood dependent. At peak mood, I'm into pretty much anything, at least mood, I'm almost not even into vore itself.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:26 am

It really depends on how well I can tolerate it. Things like scat and gay scenes I won't do ever. Something I can tolerate like foot fetish I'll dabble with, but I wouldn't want a whole RP centered around it.
Jayezox
---

Postby Cowrie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:50 pm

Usually, I'm pretty firm. Pred must be female, herm, dickgirl, or occasionally pussyboy. However, I wasn't always this firm, especially when I first joined the community, and there's a few things I'll still look at or read like most of the male predator stuff by Mamabliss or some M/M X-Men Evolution stuff by a couple of different authors. Those exceptions also often transcend my usual preferences in other ways, such as most of the afore-mentioned X-Men stuff being non-fatal and fluffy, where I usually prefer digestion, and also involving micro prey, which I'm usually not interested in.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby NovaBlair » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:11 pm

I don't have strict limits, just needs a chick and something interesting but not stupid or boring
It doesn't matter if it's weird
It doesn't matter if it's not very good
Only matters is that it's hot
NovaBlair
Been posting for a bit

Postby fixated1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:25 am

I like to think I'm flexible but there's certain things I need to happen for me to enjoy an rp. Everything that doesn't affect that list can be changed as much as my partner likes. But still, that list seems a little long to me and maybe it's better if I consider myself picky so that I can work on being more flexible. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it because I have an rp partner happy ti cater to me and I'm happy to cater to them.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AllSwalloAndNoChew » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Y'ever see one of those contortionists who can bend backward through their own legs so that their butt almost sits on their head, and their legs curl over like a scorpion tail? That flexible.
AllSwalloAndNoChew
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ghrelin » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Depends on the situation. If I dislike something, I'm not going to RP it or draw it. If I'm neutral about it (as in, not necessarily my thing but it doesn't bother me), I have no issue drawing it but depending on what it is, you may or may not have a much harder time convincing me to RP it.
I'm more flexible with exploring things in art (either commissions or personal art) than in an RP where I am more likely to feel like I'm getting directly involved, if that makes sense. Even so I never play as myself, RPing kind of puts me in the character's shoes. It also adds more detail and context to whatever's going on, which puts more focus on it.
I think my tastes are varied enough that flexibility or lack thereof isn't really an issue, aside from some very popular concepts being on my art and/or RP "don't" list.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion