Adrift Quest text adventure

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

For encounters would you prefer a traditional combat based system or a puzzle room?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:49 pm

Combat
40%
Puzzle
38%
No preferance
22%

Total votes : 60

Adrift Quest text adventure

Postby BloodWingedWolf » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Hey everyone finally decided to crawl out of the lurker pit and try to get involved by throwing my self into the deep end and create a text adventure XD.

The game will be set in a space station tethered to a gas giant by a space elevator you will take the role of a rescue task force leader sent to investigate the station after an distress call was sent from the station requesting aid after an anomaly took place on the planets surface.

this post is mainly to put the idea on the forum and I wouldn't expect a demo soon as the project is pretty much just started anyway would like to hear some thoughts on the matter.
Last edited by BloodWingedWolf on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BloodWingedWolf
New to the forum

Re: Adrift Quest text adventure

Postby Invictus314159 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Good luck on your project! I just started working with quest, it's pretty easy to pick up the basics. Concept is pretty interesting too. Will keep an eye on this one for sure
Invictus314159
Been posting for a bit

Postby 3rasvok » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 pm

I'll definitely keep my eyes on this one.

It's always nice having an option between clean or more messy forms of digestion as well of disposal (if you're into that)

As for gameplay it sounds like a nice setting for trying to stay alive using items solving puzzles ect..
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby EliseSB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:03 pm

I definetely like the sound of this, but there is a bit of a lack of information on the Vore in it.

Could you maybe talk about what your vision of the vore stuff is? Will I get to be player pred? What kinds of vore will be included? Etc.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby BloodWingedWolf » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Invictus314159 wrote:Good luck on your project! I just started working with quest, it's pretty easy to pick up the basics. Concept is pretty interesting too. Will keep an eye on this one for sure

Thanks yeah im slowly learning how to use the different scripts and how they interact with each other but they seem strait forward enough.

3rasvok wrote:I'll definitely keep my eyes on this one.

It's always nice having an option between clean or more messy forms of digestion as well of disposal (if you're into that)

As for gameplay it sounds like a nice setting for trying to stay alive using items solving puzzles ect..

yeah im still looking to keep my options on the gameplay open as I work on the map layout and story first before I dedicate to that and as for the digestion stuff its not realy my thing but that wont stop me from adding it as a option when I come to writing scenes as I know others do.
EliseSB wrote:I definetely like the sound of this, but there is a bit of a lack of information on the Vore in it.

Could you maybe talk about what your vision of the vore stuff is? Will I get to be player pred? What kinds of vore will be included? Etc.

I purposefully choose not to mention what would be included as im not against adding any type of vore to this project and was thinking of making the content based on poles/suggestions later down the line as for the player pred I can not say this early but I will keep it in mind.
BloodWingedWolf
New to the forum

Postby BloodWingedWolf » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:51 pm

I have created a poll for what system people would preffer cutting the encounters.
Combat is the traditional turn based.
Puzzle rooms will be heavly item managment based.
BloodWingedWolf
New to the forum

Postby DarkPinkie » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Sounds like it could be interesting. One thing I would like to point out: Gas Giant + Surface = Does not compute.

Gas giants don't have surfaces, or they could exist but the gravity, heat and pressure would be absolutely immense, completely uninhabitable to life as we know it. There are several reasons a space station could orbit a gas giant, perhaps even have a limited "space elevator" into the upper atmosphere of the gas giant, but yeah, gas giant surface is completely ludicrous. A space station tethered to a terrestrial moon of a gas giant in the habitable zone however, now that is something that is possible. Perhaps not the safest of spacestations considering the great gravitational differences, but workable if said moon was valuable enough to warrant the risk.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby BloodWingedWolf » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:02 pm

Yes I am aware but I decided to throw this logic out the airlock and reboot this universe to allow such things to be possible XD
BloodWingedWolf
New to the forum

Re: Adrift Quest text adventure (On hold)

Postby BloodWingedWolf » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:24 pm

quick update for the project, the first area layout is complete and I was currently working on the inventory system and main Items.

Unfortunately though on a different note adrift will have to be put on hold for now due to unexpected circumstances that requires my full attention.
BloodWingedWolf
New to the forum

Return to Vore game