A High Stakes Game v1.993 **Updated 12-10-2021**

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.911 **Updated 1-18-19**

Postby Firon » Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Gecko1548 wrote:so apparently I need RPGVXAce RTP to runs the game but i have no idea what that is

have you tried Google?
Firon
---

Postby VoreFan96 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:42 am

I've been really enjoying playing this game and the story, especially since it's a bit similar in some regards to stories I have in development. I can see that a lot of effort has been put into every aspect of the game.

However I think I need a bit of help/advice with something later game. hence the spoiler as safety so I don't ruin the experience for anyone else.

Spoiler: show
I've gotten stuck at the bit with Eva's mother. I'm trying to beat it but unsurprisingly I'm having trouble with it (since I'm guessing she's the endgame boss or something very similar). I've managed to get past the 6 hours (through a method of saving every stage and a bit of luck and took a while as well) but only for that to not be the end and since I had 1HP I didn't think I would be able to get past it. SO I've started it again trying to regain as much health as possible but I've run into the problem that I'm low of SP which limits my options.

So I'm wondering if there's any advice someone can give me like what stat's I should have or what moves I should prioritise or stuff like that.

Here are my current stats (with the amount of exp I need to increase it):
Max SP: 17 (8 exp)
Maneuver Bonus: 5 (15 exp)
Max HP: 12 (this is probably the main one I need to increase I'm guessing) (6 Exp)
Rest Bonus: 3 (20 exp)
Acid Resist: 3 (9 exp)
VP: 6

(edit: reading my stats now. I think I need to put more exp into SP, HP and acid resist.)

I understand if anyone says "just figure it out yourself" or something similar. Just grasping at straws because I've been stuck on this stage for a while now and I'm a little bit desperate. I don't like it when games beat me.

But again you've managed to create a very nice balance of difficulty with grinding expecially with the ability to reset the practice games.

EDIT:
Out of curiosity I decided to go back to a previous save and see what would happen if I choose the option of Alex leaving Eva. I have to say that I found it funny that you haven't wrote an ending for that way because it would be heartbreaking. Because I'd probably do the same. I'm not good at writing sad moments and I always try to avoid it the best I can.
VoreFan96
New to the forum

Postby Erecant » Sun May 19, 2019 12:43 pm

@VoreFan96,

I'm glad you've been enjoying this, thanks for playing!

As for the scene you are stuck on, there are a couple key points to take note of. It plays a lot like the Digestion Practice scene with Eva, so you can get a general feel for the mechanics there. The core concept is that every hour (every other block) the acids will become stronger based upon the amount of Acid Growth remaining. The Acid growth resets after each hour, so you'll need to whittle it back down.

The goal is to get it down to 0 each hour so the acids never get stronger, that way even if you fail an acid resistance roll, you still only take a little bit of damage.

So stat priority is pretty well balanced between the lot. I'd say for this scene, Acid Resist is probably one of the most important. HP and SP are both important. Rest Bonus can be super nice if you manage to get a good success in the 1st block in an hour, letting you rest in the second block for a large amount of SP recovery.

Overall, I'd say your stats are pretty close to the stats I use on my test saves for minimal stat runs. You could probably benefit from spending some time practicing with Zoey, since those boosts are independent of the Exp progression.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bledthorn » Sun May 19, 2019 2:12 pm

so if i may ask hows the update coming along?
bledthorn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Sun May 19, 2019 4:11 pm

I started writing up an optional side scene, which will be less of a full game like most, and more of a semi-interactive cutscene style of exposition. Not much of any mechanics for me to design, so it is all writing.

That said, with the decision to streamline this bit of exposition, it means I will not have another release until I have written the final scene, so we have a little ways to go. I would say I probably have another 10 to 20 hours of real dev time before I can release something. And we all know by now that dev hours can be hard to wrangle sometimes.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SalVados » Fri May 24, 2019 12:59 am

I would just like to chime in and say that I really love this game and its characters... but the difficulty is infuriating to me. I want to see more of the game but can't even get past the first Progress Game. Even the tutorial and first Practiec Games are nearly too much, no matter what I try I feel like. Currently reading this entire thread to see if somebody has some pointers.

But regardless, keep up your great work! I appreciate the mechanics and can't wait to learn how to actually play!
SalVados
New to the forum

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:34 am

I remember back in the last version, I msged ya about a secret/hidden scene with Gwen. Think I got it by making her climax multiple times? It's been a while. Is that scene added or no?

and starting a new game due to loss of comp data RIP
There goes that 24hr time in game save xP
but tried a few times and nothing had happened. So dunno if that scene is added or not xP
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JeebyHeebies » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:20 am

SalVados wrote:I would just like to chime in and say that I really love this game and its characters... but the difficulty is infuriating to me. I want to see more of the game but can't even get past the first Progress Game. Even the tutorial and first Practiec Games are nearly too much, no matter what I try I feel like. Currently reading this entire thread to see if somebody has some pointers.

But regardless, keep up your great work! I appreciate the mechanics and can't wait to learn how to actually play!

The progress games are pretty difficult yeah. The way I got farther was grinding exp with speed practice, as I find it the easiest. And if the practice gets too hard, you can reset the difficulty for 5 easily regain-able affection.
JeebyHeebies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skullhammer123 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:00 pm

how do i use save editor? i followed the directions but exp is still not showing up in game.
Edit: nevermind, i figured it out.
Skullhammer123
Been posting for a bit

Postby bledthorn » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:09 am

any update on how this is coming along?
bledthorn
Somewhat familiar

Postby JoelTheOne45 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Cool game! Are the girls hand drawn or did you use a program?
JoelTheOne45
New to the forum

Postby gorgonzoladealer » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:11 am

So I just wanted to finally put my thoughts into words here:

Positives of the Game:
- Love the concept
- So much to unlock and explore
- I love the characters

Nitpicks:
- Fullscreen has an extremely low resolution. I end up staring at pixels mostly.
- Only a few images made in an a funky anime software. Still nice I suppose.

Negatives:
- The core gameplay loop. Towards the end of the build, you will have scenes with so many things to take into account (strength, whether the belly assaults you, acid strength, whether they or you get aroused, whether your VfuckingP decides to act up) and its all random. Completely out of the player’s control. Which would make sense, since you’re in someone’s stomach. But here’s the thing... you went out on record as saying you wanted to make this as hard as Dark Souls. In Dark Souls, the only rng there is the item drops. There’s very little of it. Meaning, if you get your ass handed to you... you have no one to blame but yourself.

With this game, it’s mostly rngesus’ fault. There’s no indication of pred stomach strength, no prompt that says “op, she’s gonna do something.” There’s little strategy involved except play these mini-games so you can get better stats so you can MAYBE do better in the mini-games that actually progress the story. It gets exhausting and soul crushing, especially when the reward is... ho hum writing and often times an expressionless image to go with it. Look I love the ideas behind what you’re writing, but it could be better so it’s not a slog to skip through all of it.

- Now lets talk about VP... where to start. A risk-reward mechanic that seemed nice and interesting at first... until my character decides to neck himself in his gf’s belly. Hell, I had to delete a save because I had high VP inside Eva and he would not stop sinking into the acids. That was where I had to do the grind to boost points and affection and keep VP all the way at fucking zero. Not worth having it in my opinion. Even with empathy, Alex will still accept his fate (with even or higher empathy).

Suggestions:
- Fix the game system to have less or no rng. Things like getting distracted with VP makes sense, but I don’t see any reason why the stomach suppression shouldn’t just be flat strength boost to the stomach overall. Why not have acids get stronger every time you massage then reset the strength boost when you maneuver or rest? These are all just potshot ideas and I could have no idea what I’m talking about, but make changes that make the player feel responsible for their loss instead of the RNG.

- Hell, maybe have separate VP for each character. The higher the VP, the more options you unlock to escape or arouse your captor.

-Instead of having axing yourself, swap the options around for if the player wants to submit to the pred. Think about it, player has high VP, they’re repeatedly tapping away on the Z key, until they eventually realize they got melted into nutrients. All because they wouldn’t slow down. >:3

- Maybe have it optional who teases who when you have sex. It could cost affection to lead off, who knows.

- Have character dialogue icons show expression. And get a new male avatar.

- Maybe a scene where Gwen digests you and carries you around a bit before making you a new body? This is coming from a sentient fat fan myself.

- ...add the clitoris potion Gwen loves to boast about?

I speak from a place of honesty when I say I want this game to be good. But the overall grind necessary to be advance the story and be effective against anything past the witch is not fun. Especially not with all of the random chance at play. You don’t have to add any of these suggestions if you don’t want, but I just want to say I believe in you. Oh and say hi to Eva for me.
gorgonzoladealer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:17 pm

Oh boy, it's been a hot minute since I last popped in here. Been trying not to necro my own thread without anything to present, but given that it's been bumped a few times since my last check-in, I suppose I can give myself a pass.

I'll just be addressing recent posts, if you feel I've left something hanging, please don't hesitate to speak up, I'm usually around and will jump in if I see this has been replied to recently.

@bledthorn,

I'll not be going into an in depth update post for now, but I have recently begun picking this back up. I can't give any timeline, but I've been getting back into the dev groove, so we'll see how productive I can be.

@JoelTheOne45,

All images are created using a character generator/poser web program, k-kisekae. I've linked the source in the OP, feel free to play around. It's quite the handy little tool for those who never really developed artistic skills to speak of.

@gorgonzoladealer,

Oh boy and in depth review after all these years, thanks for the input!

I definitely agree with your nitpicks. The fullscreen problems are an original limitation of the old engine I used to create the game. If I tackle a new project down the line I will definitely be using a newer tool, such as MV, which has much better support for higher resolutions. Regarding the few images, it was mostly a development choice, as a compromise between the very high time investment to get a larger image-set, and the desire to push out more content.

As to your critiques, they are quite fair, and I've toyed with a few of these concepts myself over the development process.

VP has evolved over the dev process,and as the game became more complex and dynamic. The original intent of the mechanic shifted and twisted into what it is now. It is actually quite a bit more lenient now than it was. I have a few ideas for where it could go from here, but the reality is, with the sunk cost, it wouldn't be worth the dev hours to redevelop the mechanic from the ground up.

The Core RNG nature of the game is by design, as a defining aspect of the game is that the player is never completely in control of the situation. I understand that it can be frustrating, as sometimes you just get destroyed with no chance to recover, and the grind is legitimately pretty intense in the mid-game. It does lighten up significantly once you unlock Zoey as an alternative trainer, but the grind and the core RNG is here to stay.

If at any point in the future I revisit the core aspects of the game, I would probably go more in depth on the RNG mitigation aspects, such as having tells for the pred's upcoming actions that you could attempt to counter. I feel this would give a bit more interactive feel to the flow, as well as still maintain the spirit of the game. But for now, that is a bit of a pipe-dream.

Independent VP for each character is an interesting concept, sort of a corrollary to affection levels, perhaps at high levels confusing the two, leading to the end-state. That would personalize things a bit between the pred and the player.

As to the faces . . . yup, you've got me dead to rights there. I explored additional expressions, and it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to implement, but it simply hadn't happened. This would likely be the very first thing I would tackle in a remaster, if only to give the characters new life. The Player's face . . . is an unfortunate situation, really. Alex's face was originally a bit of a placeholder, using vanilla resources from the engine, but I found that I couldn't make a compelling male face using the Kisekae engine that I made the girls' images with, and so, rather than trying to level it in, I just kept the placeholder. Looking back, it is a shame, really. I could have pretty easily gone the silhouette route and pushed a bit of player projection onto the MC.

Regarding Gwen and her various teases and options. Gwen's addition to the game represented a pretty massive expansion of possibilities, but also an extremely daunting and real potential for scope explosion. There are a few things that I would really like to explore with Gwen still, but as it stands, I really need to get the core game's story completely out there before I dig into wild tangents with side characters and alternative scene types.

Thanks again for your detailed and constructive feedback. I'm glad you've given AHSG a chance, and have cared enough to pour out your thoughts!

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby gorgonzoladealer » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:53 pm

Erecant wrote:@gorgonzoladealer,

Oh boy and in depth review after all these years, thanks for the input!

I definitely agree with your nitpicks. The fullscreen problems are an original limitation of the old engine I used to create the game. If I tackle a new project down the line I will definitely be using a newer tool, such as MV, which has much better support for higher resolutions. Regarding the few images, it was mostly a development choice, as a compromise between the very high time investment to get a larger image-set, and the desire to push out more content.

As to your critiques, they are quite fair, and I've toyed with a few of these concepts myself over the development process.

VP has evolved over the dev process,and as the game became more complex and dynamic. The original intent of the mechanic shifted and twisted into what it is now. It is actually quite a bit more lenient now than it was. I have a few ideas for where it could go from here, but the reality is, with the sunk cost, it wouldn't be worth the dev hours to redevelop the mechanic from the ground up.

The Core RNG nature of the game is by design, as a defining aspect of the game is that the player is never completely in control of the situation. I understand that it can be frustrating, as sometimes you just get destroyed with no chance to recover, and the grind is legitimately pretty intense in the mid-game. It does lighten up significantly once you unlock Zoey as an alternative trainer, but the grind and the core RNG is here to stay.

If at any point in the future I revisit the core aspects of the game, I would probably go more in depth on the RNG mitigation aspects, such as having tells for the pred's upcoming actions that you could attempt to counter. I feel this would give a bit more interactive feel to the flow, as well as still maintain the spirit of the game. But for now, that is a bit of a pipe-dream.

Independent VP for each character is an interesting concept, sort of a corrollary to affection levels, perhaps at high levels confusing the two, leading to the end-state. That would personalize things a bit between the pred and the player.

As to the faces . . . yup, you've got me dead to rights there. I explored additional expressions, and it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to implement, but it simply hadn't happened. This would likely be the very first thing I would tackle in a remaster, if only to give the characters new life. The Player's face . . . is an unfortunate situation, really. Alex's face was originally a bit of a placeholder, using vanilla resources from the engine, but I found that I couldn't make a compelling male face using the Kisekae engine that I made the girls' images with, and so, rather than trying to level it in, I just kept the placeholder. Looking back, it is a shame, really. I could have pretty easily gone the silhouette route and pushed a bit of player projection onto the MC.

Regarding Gwen and her various teases and options. Gwen's addition to the game represented a pretty massive expansion of possibilities, but also an extremely daunting and real potential for scope explosion. There are a few things that I would really like to explore with Gwen still, but as it stands, I really need to get the core game's story completely out there before I dig into wild tangents with side characters and alternative scene types.

Thanks again for your detailed and constructive feedback. I'm glad you've given AHSG a chance, and have cared enough to pour out your thoughts!

--Erecant

I've glad you have been understanding. Did my best not to sound harsh so I hoped you wouldn't be upset. ^^; Stinks hearing the RPG elements will stay but having tells for the next actions makes it much more tolerable. Zoey does make the training easier, but all the more dangerous too. Yet, she's still one of my favorites. x3
gorgonzoladealer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chaos3 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:09 am

One year celebration since the last update. Get your party hats out. 8)
Chaos3
Been posting for a bit

Postby MrSuspenders » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:19 pm

I can't download it
MrSuspenders
New to the forum

Postby sean3022 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:45 am

Is there any possible to add some easteregg in the Mom scene if player survive long enough?
sean3022
New to the forum

Postby Erecant » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:31 pm

Hmm, as I recall there are a few things that can happen in the scene with Eva's mom, but I might be able to add a few comments for very long duration when I finish up current tasks.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ilikevoree » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:38 pm

VoreFan96 wrote:I've been really enjoying playing this game and the story, especially since it's a bit similar in some regards to stories I have in development. I can see that a lot of effort has been put into every aspect of the game.

However I think I need a bit of help/advice with something later game. hence the spoiler as safety so I don't ruin the experience for anyone else.

I've gotten stuck at the bit with Eva's mother. I'm trying to beat it but unsurprisingly I'm having trouble with it (since I'm guessing she's the endgame boss or something very similar). I've managed to get past the 6 hours (through a method of saving every stage and a bit of luck and took a while as well) but only for that to not be the end and since I had 1HP I didn't think I would be able to get past it. SO I've started it again trying to regain as much health as possible but I've run into the problem that I'm low of SP which limits my options.

So I'm wondering if there's any advice someone can give me like what stat's I should have or what moves I should prioritise or stuff like that.

Here are my current stats (with the amount of exp I need to increase it):
Max SP: 17 (8 exp)
Maneuver Bonus: 5 (15 exp)
Max HP: 12 (this is probably the main one I need to increase I'm guessing) (6 Exp)
Rest Bonus: 3 (20 exp)
Acid Resist: 3 (9 exp)
VP: 6

(edit: reading my stats now. I think I need to put more exp into SP, HP and acid resist.)

I understand if anyone says "just figure it out yourself" or something similar. Just grasping at straws because I've been stuck on this stage for a while now and I'm a little bit desperate. I don't like it when games beat me.

But again you've managed to create a very nice balance of difficulty with grinding expecially with the ability to reset the practice games.

EDIT:
Out of curiosity I decided to go back to a previous save and see what would happen if I choose the option of Alex leaving Eva. I have to say that I found it funny that you haven't wrote an ending for that way because it would be heartbreaking. Because I'd probably do the same. I'm not good at writing sad moments and I always try to avoid it the best I can.

i had 40 sp, 20 hp, 11 maneuver, 8 rest bonus, 11 acid resistance. near the end the concentration practice game gives 10 exp per complete so i used that for farming the stats, the strat for sandy is 2-3 maneuvers then rest when you get the text that says the next acids wont be any stronger you do the double rest and get the 10 sp back then once you get the full time up you cant ask to get out immediately because she wants you to make her cum so you stay in for an extra 2 cycles then ask to get out and she will let you out.
ilikevoree
New to the forum

Postby Erecant » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:58 pm

Hmm, well given the rather long duration bump we've been given, I guess I can chime in again.

With Appo's recent release of his HD remake, as well as a couple external motivations, I've been feeling the itch again to get this going. Now, I know I've said this before, so we'll take it with a grain of salt, but for the time being I'm getting hitched back up to the development train.

Don't anybody hold their breath, I'd rather not be liable for any suffocations, but let's see if I can't put something together for some progress.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game