Favorite Pred profession

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Favorite Pred profession

Postby SCREAMINGLOUDLY » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:16 am

Power trip idiot here- the best preds are the ones with the best power dynamics.

Abuses of power: Royalty, CEOs, celebrities (esp. athletes/musicians), teachers, politicians, attorneys, prison guards/wardens, high-ranking military personnel, and anything else of that sort that may apply, is pure unadulterated gold.

Inverses of power: Retail employees, custodians, put-upon geeks, slaves, gofers, interns, waitstaff, and all similar require a high-ranking prey to be really good in a pred role, but with said supposedly superior being getting gulped/UB'd/AV'd, or even subjected to nonvore micro scenarios like imprisonment against their skin in clothing, is about as good as you can possibly get.

Either way, the larger the gap, the bigger the payoff with power dynamic vore scenarios. Smaller gaps mean intimacy, but a sufficiently massive gap (royal/slave, musician/road crew, CEO/intern, or their inverses) can make any scenario, any endgoal, ten times better, imho.
SCREAMINGLOUDLY
Been posting for a bit

Postby HappyCore » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:59 pm

I really like characters that are bosses, like the owner, or a high ranking manager, so they can put preys in their place!
HappyCore
Been posting for a bit

Postby EmissaryOfRainbows » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Unemployed. Generally I prefer it when a pred's eating habits completely isolates them from the rest of society.
EmissaryOfRainbows
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby stearwing » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:10 pm

My character teaches at university, but power is at most a means to an end to him. Above a certain pay grade lecturing is simply a profession in which one must do nothing but publish a few papers and teach a class or two every year, yet still earns a ton of money.
Relatively speaking, of course. Careful selection of prey tends to reduce living costs somewhat.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby GreenEyesDarkHeart » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:40 am

Any power position or something that my prey can corrupt
GreenEyesDarkHeart
Somewhat familiar

Postby Birichino » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:40 am

In general, it depends on setting/species. So in a fantasy setting, there are demi-dragons who don't have jobs, just reputations. Then there are nobles who expertly hide their predatory nature from the general public.
Corrupt superheroines are also an underplayed hand.
But for a modern human thing, an actress in an action movie or police officer sound great for that particular scenario, maybe even a martial arts instructor, but for more sci-fi scenarios I like the idea of a scientist co-worker to the prey.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby MidnightRose » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:59 am

Mercenaries and bounty hunters. I typically don't care that much about the pred's profession, but I like for them to be the kind of guy who is used to taking lives and/or isn't afraid to get his hands dirty.
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby TurtleNapkins » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:28 pm

Teachers/professors and principals are pretty nifty preds. But Truckers are also great preds i think since they can move from town to town, leaving not much of a trail if they just pick up hitchhikers
TurtleNapkins
New to the forum

Postby Hoboman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Any profession that involves abuse of power, like cops, politicians, celebrities, royalty/nobility, etc.
Athletes as well.
Hoboman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SinLion » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:34 pm

Oh, I really dig professions like musicians, professions like that where the pred has a somewhat large following, big enough for a couple of their followers to fantasize being their prey, and they eventually make their dream true. Athletes are also pretty fun for that, too
I'm surprised no one mentioned stuff like preds working in places like bakeries, cafes, or like, a buffet or something like that. Someone going out to catch live prey for their restaurant, I feel like that idea can really be played around with a lot.
SinLion
Been posting for a bit

Postby 157and493 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:46 am

I know it is cliché, but school teacher predators are always nice. Either that or a predator that is a CEO of a large successful company.
157and493
Participator

Postby PlatoPapel » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:57 am

[deleted]
Last edited by PlatoPapel on Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlatoPapel
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eznam » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:08 am

You never see butcher preds... Even if you don't like hard vore butcher preds just make so much sense, they just like meat.

Also euthanizers are rare
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Peptidase » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Eznam wrote:You never see butcher preds... Even if you don't like hard vore butcher preds just make so much sense, they just like meat.

Alternitively for a more soft vore scenario, a butcher would be a pretty interesting choice for a predator trying to just get along in society, providing easy access to all sorts of meat scraps that could help them put off their next living meal. For example, a llamia would have some pretty huge caloric requirements on top of being an obligate carnivore. An apprenticeship with butcher could be a pretty sweet deal if you wanted to keep your other eating habits on the down low.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby Eznam » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:34 pm

Peptidase wrote:
Eznam wrote:You never see butcher preds... Even if you don't like hard vore butcher preds just make so much sense, they just like meat.

Alternitively for a more soft vore scenario, a butcher would be a pretty interesting choice for a predator trying to just get along in society, providing easy access to all sorts of meat scraps that could help them put off their next living meal. For example, a llamia would have some pretty huge caloric requirements on top of being an obligate carnivore. An apprenticeship with butcher could be a pretty sweet deal if you wanted to keep your other eating habits on the down low.

Actually snakes aren't much in terms of calories. Their body produces no heat and they aren't active unless they're trying to eat. That would translate into nagas pretty much 1=1. So 81kCal on average per intern on a creature roughly 9 to 15 feet tall, weighs about 400lbs, needs 1000 calories a day according to my research into calorie requirements for cold blooded animals, she could eat one humanoid every 2 months and be completely fine but truth be told it's probably more like a month and a half due to waste and decay. Which is still like 4x less than any other type of demi would require. Like, for real, a regular human eats 3k in a day.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby stearwing » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:59 am

Assuming they are cold-blooded. Could be all over the place with half-humans.
I'm a dragon.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Eznam » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:02 am

stearwing wrote:Assuming they are cold-blooded. Could be all over the place with half-humans.

I think there's something about reptile skin that would make it impossible for them to be warm blooded. Also I like thinking nagas need hugs
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby stearwing » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:04 am

Eznam wrote:
stearwing wrote:Assuming they are cold-blooded. Could be all over the place with half-humans.

I think there's something about reptile skin that would make it impossible for them to be warm blooded. Also I like thinking nagas need hugs

I'unno, there are some lizards who can thermoregulate to a limited extent.

And "cold-blooded" doesn't mean "in need of warming". These animals tend to operate at a lower ideal temperature than mammals, and that means the danger of overheating may be as real as the danger of freezing in the wrong environment.
Considering this summer so far, I seem to live in a wrong environment.
I'm a dragon.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Borealis » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:28 am

I actually really like preds who have a bit of a low wage, service staff or rather dull office job.

The girl (or guy!) next door. Nothing fancy. On the surface they are normal- common- they're just living paycheck to paycheck and they could be anyone.

My favourite pred with a profession that I've created is an anthro Collie woman who is strong and fit and works a crappy job lugging stuff around a factory floor, while living in a run down rental apartment in the part of the city where you lock up nice and tightly at night. This really helped round out her personality :)

Bonus points, of course, if the prey is a high flier or higher class than the pred. I love that reversal.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby Eznam » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:16 am

stearwing wrote:
Eznam wrote:

I'unno, there are some lizards who can thermoregulate to a limited extent.

And "cold-blooded" doesn't mean "in need of warming". These animals tend to operate at a lower ideal temperature than mammals, and that means the danger of overheating may be as real as the danger of freezing in the wrong environment.
Considering this summer so far, I seem to live in a wrong environment.

Oh right, you don't live in a cold place. Here it's been a pretty cool summer apart from that one heat wave in July. Nights drop to 10c°
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion