What part of a vore story do you like the most?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What are the best parts of a vore story?

Fetish/salacious description of the main character's sexy body
6%
The scheme, intercourse or accidental circumstances that lead to the vore
14%
The buildup of the main characters and their traits
7%
The background of the world and things that happen around the main story
5%
The swallowing
22%
The digestion
22%
Disposal
10%
The aftermath of having eliminated someone
8%
Something else
7%

Total votes : 236

What part of a vore story do you like the most?

Postby spanxthanx » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 am

Often when I read a story I'm reading fast or even skipping to the good parts. What do you think are the best parts of a vore story? Just for fun I'm gonna add a poll here, but this is the kind of complex question where you need to elaborate where you're coming from. I think I have read hundreds of stories, literally, and I'm not finding much new, every now and then I find a really unique story but mostly it feels like something I've already read over and over so I tend to just skip in order to see if it's any good, anyone else do this? I've been trying to write a good vore story for years now and I just don't seem to be able to get it right, it feels like my stories are missing a crucial part, maybe I should concentrate more on digestion or maybe I should concentrate more on the plot or maybe I don't have enough characters, I don't know.
spanxthanx
Somewhat familiar

Re: What part of a vore story do you like the most?

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:54 am

I like the scheme and circumstances and of course the swallowing as the top 2, beginning digestion in the 3rd spot.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Borealis » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:11 am

From someone who dabbles in writing vore stories, my favourite part to write is what is known as mawplay- excessive time in the mouth from the prey's perspective- and the swallowing. Internal processes are just fun to write and visualise, and are an inevitable anchor to the vore story for me.

But I do also love the build-up and infusing charactisation and bits of world-building into the narrative.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby cranberryknights1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:33 pm

I like canon characters in stories and RP's so a real big thing for me is the characters personality's and dialogue through out the entire thing. Especially during the vore moment and after as well as its a scenario you'd never really get to see the character in with there own series so it presents a unique moment for the writer of the story to really show there creativity in how they would react and respond to it all and the type of things they would say that fit that characters way of speaking and personality. I also like seeing the writers imagination when it comes to how a certain characters would get there prey in a situation or vulnerable moment to be swallowed up using there skill set or powers in creative ways.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby kenjitamurako » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:05 pm

Had to choose something else. For me personally the best part is reading about how much sexual satisfaction a cruel predator is deriving from using/abusing their victim(s). Also, to really drive home the "cruel predator" part I do like it quite a bit when they're taunting the prey in the process.

I'm also incredibly selective with whose stories I will read. I actually can't get into a vore story unless I'm under the impression the author is female.
Spoiler: show
So the first thing I determine is whether the author's moniker is obviously female or at least gender neutral. If the name is gender neutral I'll check if they've listed a deviantart or other account and go see if they've listed their gender in their profile. If checking profiles of other accounts doesn't work I'll also run a few searches on their forum posts to see if they've left hints to their gender.

I know the above is creepy as hell but I make sure to limit my interaction with the authors and not do anything that might make them feel uncomfortable.

Anyway, the probable reasoning for why I have to have a certain degree of certainty that the author is female is because it's the thought that there are women out there with these kind of fantasies that really drives me wild for vore stories.

As it is I think I've only ever found 5 authors whose stories consistently check my boxes.
kenjitamurako
Participator

Postby Devourerita » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:45 pm

I love excessive mawplay and everything that happens after that, especially graphic hard digestion.
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scrumptious » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:05 pm

I'm also going with 'Something else'

While I certainly like the swallowing very much, the main point that I like is where the predator reveals their intentions to the prey, or the prey becomes aware of the pred's intentions. It's also nice when/if the prey figures out that the swallowing is inevitable.

kenjitamurako wrote:I know the above is creepy as hell but I make sure to limit my interaction with the authors and not do anything that might make them feel uncomfortable.

Is it really that much creepier than most of the things found on this fetish site?

kenjitamurako wrote:As it is I think I've only ever found 5 authors whose stories consistently check my boxes.

Care to share?

For my own sake, while I like the idea of female vore authors, I've found a good number of male (I believe) authors who are quite good at writing vore stories that I really like. I will say that I'm finding it harder to find good stuff, and I don't know if it's because I'm getting pickier. At the same time, I don't find myself with enough time or energy to write any more of my own, so beggars can't be choosers.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:46 pm

I picked something else, as what I most like wasn't listed (sorry!)

I like after the swallowing, where the prey is nestled entirely in the predator's belly, while he softly rubs and pats his full stomach and comforts the prey, assuring them that he won't hurt them while the prey settle in and calm down once they realize it's safe and cozy.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Cowrie » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:28 pm

A lot of different elements are important for me. First of all, I'm a sucker for good worldbuilding, i.e., the background of the world. However, the key there is good. When it has some sort of logical flaw in the key premise of how the world works, or otherwise breaks my suspension of disbelief, that can ruin a story for me. In particular, I've yet to find a story with an in-setting enforcement of F/F vore only that actually works. I've seen explanations that range from elitist (F/F is "better") to failing at biology (there are exceedingly few situations where women, even women who have had a couple of children already, are more biologically expendable than men). I don't have a problem with F/F or even F/F only worlds, but every attempt at justifying it with worldbuilding I've encountered seems to fall flat in some way. On the other hand, a well-crafted world can make me love an otherwise lackluster story.

In addition to that, the swallowing, digestion and, if present, disposal are also all very important to me. With those, I think balance is key. Stories that rush through swallowing to focus on digestion, or especially through both swallowing and digestion to focus on disposal, leave something to be desired, IMO. For me, the sweet spot would be a nice descriptive swallow scene, a digestion scene ranging from the same length to at most twice as long, and a somewhat shorter disposal scene. However, I'm sure even other people who like all three probably have different preferred ratios.

The exact circumstances leading up to the act can be important, but not always. And, there was one thing not listed that I think can be an excellent addition to a story. I love it when the pred explains to the prey exactly what's going to happen to them, in explicit detail, especially if the pred uses stuff like their stomach growling or making the prey watch them digest someone else or even crap out the remains of a former meal, to vivid effect.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby coop500 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Scrumptious wrote:Is it really that much creepier than most of the things found on this fetish site?

Except for the fact all the stuff on this site is fictional and what that guy described is basically stalking IRL people on the internet.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby sweetladyamy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:21 pm

coop500 wrote:
Scrumptious wrote:Is it really that much creepier than most of the things found on this fetish site?

Except for the fact all the stuff on this site is fictional and what that guy described is basically stalking IRL people on the internet.

Or, just the daily nonsense on sites like FaceFuck...erm, Facebook, and Twitterfart...lol

My interests in stories, what I like most, will vary from one to the next. I can get into a lot of different things, to be fair.

While I may have my own niche interests and attractions, that is not a gateway in any way, shape or form, that will keep me from enjoying something that doesn't tick off all the boxes of my niche interests (96% of the content I like does not anyway).

But if there's one thing that I definitely enjoy more than anything else, it's digestion; whether reformation is a part of the story, I don't care. I mean, sure, my short story series with my OC Alexis involves reformation via 'magic pills', but that's a plot device more than anything else; Alexis even hints to giving fake Pink Bunnies to certain people she finds deplorable...

Yeah, that's the prey pill, Pink Bunny. I was honestly thinking about Playboy Bunnies when I came up with this...lolz
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby SinLion » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:30 pm

I actually really like the scenario that leads up to the pred claiming their meal. Although just something plain as a male predator just grabbing some poor guy off the street and making a meal out of him is always fun, I'm more interested in just how the story leads the predator and the prey to meet, especially if the prey is willing. I especially love restaurant scenarios, where the prey ends up being caught, wheeled over to the nearest restaurant, and prepared into a meal, struggling the entire time. Yet, all the predator does is order their meal, and they have their prey ready for them to eat.
A unique scenario isn't necessary, but something fun and unique will always make the story stick out in my mind for years
SinLion
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheDarkStar » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:06 am

Kind of depends on the mood I'm in. If I'm feeling super horny then I can easily get off to the parts of the story that just focuses on the description of the predator, the actual vore, and the aftermath. Other times, however, I prefer to focus on the motivations of the characters themselves, their interactions, and whatever scenario builds up to the vore. To me, it can add so much more to a story.
TheDarkStar
Somewhat familiar

Postby spanxthanx » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:17 am

It looks like my stories are missing a little bit when it comes to elaborating on the digestion and also swallowing, although I guess that the swallowing is the least realistic part of vore stories. I guess that Steve died a little bit too quickly, I wonder if it's unkocher to rewrite a story, although I liked the strength though. I'll try to write something with longer digestion, there was this really good story that I read several years ago where a shrunken prey spent a whole day travelling through the pred's intestines while she went about her day.
spanxthanx
Somewhat familiar

Postby NotTadpole » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:12 pm

I really enjoy the part of swallowing, and a rotund (but not exaggerated) belly in case the vore is same-size. However, my true enjoyment generally depends on what happens next. I'm not into digestion at all (but I can tolerate it if it's not the main focus and some other element of the art appeals to me), and I'm also very not fond of abusive/uncaring preds. Conversely, I really like it when there's an atmosphere of consensual dominance, teasing, or intimacy between the pred and their prey (so long as it's not cheesy), and when it's combined with some comically niche kinks I have, it's basically the golden zone for me. Sadly, because said kinks are so comically niche, it's extremely rare for me to ever reach that zenith. :/

Another aspect, mostly limited to macro/micro scenarios, is when a micro prey simply explores the dark, fleshy innards of the pred unharmed. It's generally a bit more common to see it crossed with at least a few of my Weird Stuff™, but it's by no means outright common. (Especially considering harmless micro Endo itself isn't very common.)
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slappy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:05 pm

For me the best part is when the prey is inside the predator's stomach but still alive and the two of them can still interact and communicate with each other.
Slappy
Been posting for a bit

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:59 pm

That's always good, which is why I like to use telepathy and non-fatal "magically simulated digestion" so I can write stories where the predator and prey can communicate while the prey is in the stomach—and beyond.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Liz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:38 pm

I like the hunt, having the predator lure the prey into a prefect place to enjoy them. Sometimes giving enough bait to a prey means they will confront my poor OC Liz to blackmail her. The prey is isolated due to blackmail is illegal they keep their activities hidden allowing Liz ample time to enjoy them without dealing with bothersome heroes. Then I enjoy willing or unwilling prey being seduced into swallow before Liz can digest them much to her enjoyment or let them out. Really depends on my mood.

Some other spices can add the fun, like BDSM or other lewd ideas. In a RP, Liz had a prey stripped down and under her dress giving Liz oral pleasure as she stood behind a table and picked apart the prey's company while they had to keep licking her out or she would expose their nude self to the rest of the meeting and humiliate them further. After Liz has broken them, the prey ends up a squirming bulge under her safari dress or business suit.

Sometimes I can be in for a simple grab and gulp but I mostly like spice or reason behind the devourment.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby PlatoPapel » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:17 pm

It's hard to say what my favorite plot element is (worldbuilding, hunting prey, aftermath of eating them) but my favorite part of vore itself is definitely digestion.

A lot of people seem to feel differently about this, but I consider lengthy swallowing descriptions to be an obstacle for both reading and writing stories. To me, swallowing is just a logical step to getting inside a stomach and it isn't particularly sexy.

I tend to skim over multi-paragraph swallowing scenes if there isn't something connecting it to digestion (i.e. prey already feels themselves getting digested before being fully swallowed).
PlatoPapel
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eznam » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:10 pm

Detailed descriptions of what is going on and characters that aren't written like they're all 1 person.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion