Fated Paths of Reunion (Whitebrand & Tigra9)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Fated Paths of Reunion (Whitebrand & Tigra9)

Postby tigra9 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:47 am

Corrina sighed “you were invited, and I highly doubt it was for tea or something like that, but far as I could figure out before, she has enough power to slay lesser dragons, she raised a Hydragon that is fiercely loyal and protective of her, and she keeps the demons in line with force wherever she sees fit”

She looked over at Jarvis when he made his blunt comment “Alisae told me in private, Before she was captured that night, that over the time Derek had been gone she realized she didn’t miss him like she probably should have if she truly loved him” she turned away “make of that what you will... but tell us Jarvis, did she ever cry out Derek’s name in her nightmares?” Alisae never did so Corrina had a point there

—————————

“And break her mind all in one clean act... no I need her to still be usable” she commented coldly glancing back at the orc before removing her dress and snapping a finger as a demon maid appeared from the shadows and accepted the dress “see to it that it is repaired and washed” she ordered before walking to the stone throne in the room and sitting down staring at the orc as she propped her cheek on a fist(mostly to keep from stabbing herself with her own claws) “so then, how goes the defense lines, to my specific commands I hope?”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:16 am

“Wouldn’t be one act,” the orc said with a smile. “And wouldn’t be clean. But you’re right...if you still want her in one piece then it shall be as you wish.

“The human forces are adapting faster than we are,” the orc admitted. “We can hold them but they’ve hired...adventurers. People who think outside the box and usually have the power to pull it off. Their tactics are getting fancier. In the long run my people will either get impatient and try to roll right over them or break down...and to me it looks like they’re expecting us to try to go all-out. They’ve fortified themselves everywhere along the front lines and behind it.

“We need a win,” he said flatly. “A big one. My people aren’t built for long-term sieges and slow progress. We need something to remind my people that this crap is all worth it.”
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:49 am

Artimisa frowned “I see... have your people slowly retreat from their spots, but so as to hide their number make use of goblin reinforcements, make it appear as though we are switching out troops... and have the goblins wait until the last orc has left then launch an all out assault” she could go and win them that one big victory.... but as a leader, no as a Queen she had to achieve a win through troops alone to prove her mind was just as sharp and capable as her magic “obviously the chances of the goblins doing any significant damage will be zero... but as a diversion it will work well enough” she looked past the orc towards the doors “once your people have retreated a fair distance I’ll contact you with orders of where you will strike”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:06 am

The orc banged his fist on his chest and bowed. With a quick spin he marched out of the room.

“They will be slaughtered, my queen,” the one-armed, red-skinned Demon general said from his place in the shadows. “The front will turn in favor of the mortals. They are ready for just such a tactic. I would.

“But perhaps you are clearing the way for our more formidable troops?” He asked, maintaining a respectful tone.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:02 am

Artimisa looked over at the general that spoke “the orcs are courageous and capable... but they are far to bloodthirsty and aggressive to just let sit idle as I’ve been forcing them for the better part of a year” she looked back at the door where the orc youth left “as a result of my negligence in taking that into account Saurfang lost favor among the youths and was slain by rite of combat, I do not intend to repeat the mistake”

She sat up straight “as for the goblins... I would expect nothing less of the humans, it would also save us on food costs if their numbers were to get quelled anyway” she then smiled “it’s a delicate balance, should they push forward to easily they will become suspicious and back away before the trap, but should there be to much resistance they will not aim to push forward from the lines they have so diligently held until now” she crossed her legs “so let them have fodder to roll over, and at the same time preform a sharp strike from the area they won’t expect it.... before crushing the forward force that becomes driven to clear a path ahead before they manage to get to far”

She then closed her eyes “I in the meanwhile will await here for the hero of this story to come to me... I’ve already given him the invitation... all that remains is to greet him properly once he is ready”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:29 am

“Are you seriously telling me that this war is just a backdrop for your luring this...hybrid child here?” The general said. He struggled with himself for a moment before he backed down. “His fall had best be worth it, my lady,” he said before striding out. “I shall keep you updated on the battle.”

————

“So she has made her move,” a deep voice from the pits rumbled. “Have our cat’s paw get the item into the boy’s hands. Her confrontation with the half-breed will not go as she wishes.”

“By your command,” was the whispered reply.

Wheels of conspiracy began to turn: betrayal was a staple of demonic politics after all...
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:55 am

Artimisa narrowed her eyes “hardly... but which would you rather? I rush out and win the war for us while a man capable of fighting me one on one comes and wrecks the castle and every demon inside it.... or I stay here to deal with him while you all win the war for the demon race?” She commented dryly

In truth she was aware of the brewing betrayal however there was little she could act on at this moment... much as she would happily to slaughter everyone that wanted her throne for themselves... she would be out of subjects to rule over at that point

—————

Corrina would part with Derek and Jarvis to procure means for sneaking into the castle in order to avoid wasting their energy needlessly against the demons that guarded the castle (which she could enter easily but could never admit that) while they took Alisae to Derek’s home as Ava would be the best one they could trust to safeguard Alisae, along the way she would pass by a catgirl demon and she stopped and briefly considered chasing the girl but decided against it, apologizing to her mistress and receiving her punishment so she could further Artimisa’s desires was the higher priority

———————

the catgirl didn’t notice Corrina as she leapt through the tree tops towards the location she had been told to deliver the ring in her little pouch “Nya... I hope this goes smoothly people don’t usually like me on the first meeting Nya” she said as her amber brown eyes kept looking forward and her short chestnut hair bounced with each leap her ears turning and twitching any time she caught a sound, she was told her target might be met somewhere between where she was going and here after all
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 am

Jarvis and Derek, left to themselves, put their heads together to work out a strategy against their potential opponents.

“The biggest weakness that any demon lord possesses is their egos,” Jarvis told him. “They believe so much in themselves that they rarely imagine that anyone can stand up to them. Let them think they have the upper hand and they will get overconfident. Inevitably they will make a mistake or get sloppy. That’s when they can be beaten.”

“So I keep it defensive until she slips up?” Derek asked.

“Normally yes,” Jarvis said. “But this one...she’s cunning. You’re going to have to work hard to sucker punch her. We’ll have to coordinate our attacks, keep her off balance if we can. I’ll start with a...”

——-

What they did not know was that a dark shadow was flitting it’s way towards Derek’s home, silently moving from shadow to shadow. It’s mission required a death. It had never failed, and it had been armed with the tools it would need.

What the shadow demon did not know was that it’s masters fully intended it to fail, and let its tools fall into the hands of the enemy. As planned.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:13 am

Ava was alone at home while she awaited Derek’s return as she did laundry and was currently hanging sheets out to dry, but when she sensed a presence appear in the vicinity of the house and the killing intent it was unintentionally releasing she spoke as she continued hanging a sheet “if you came to take my son’s life... don’t expect to survive this mother’s wrath” at that the wind began to pick up quickly and the earth trembled as she turned once she had secured the sheet and stepped forward, the clouds turning dark and stormy in the sky above as the grass began to grow rapidly and acting as if it had a mind of its own attempted to grab the ‘visitor’

——————

About halfway on their way home Derek and Jarvis would be stopped as the catgirl cried out “nya!” and fell to the ground face first, she had tripped as she leapt from the last available tree resulting in her current position with butt in the air, Demi human demons were not outright hated like most demons due in no small part to their tendency to be far more passive and helpful to others around them, almost to a naive degree especially the catfolk who could be easily entertained by the most random things. As a result of her fall however her pouch had fallen open and the ring fell out landing right at Derek’s feet while the catgirl in her form fitting shirt and short shorts lifted herself to sit up “nya, now I’m dirty again, I groomed myself before I left” she complained as she began wiping her face of the mud that had ended up on it (somehow this cat girl managed to hit the only spot with any mud for miles)
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Derek bent and picked up the ring. He offered it to the clumsy cat girl.

“I think you dropped this,” He said.

“Another stray, Derek?” Jarvis joked.
————

The shadow demon ignored the grass trying to grasp it. It was incorporeal and didn’t care at all about her ability to control the physical world. The thing formed s scythe from its shadowy body, brandishing it like an expert. The blade seemed to emit cold.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Previous

Return to Private Roleplay