Vore turnoffs

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Vore turnoffs

Postby CFTS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Non human female prey. (Except one perticular female mouse named Gadget Hackwrench. ;D)
Human preds
Everything that has to do with sex, except foot fetishism. (I love it, when preds focus on a tasty pair of human female feet. Feeling, smelling and tasting them extensively.) ;) :D
Scat, Farting, Pissing
Anal vore and any other orifice used besides the mouth/maw.
Unbirthing
Snakes as preds.
The prey is still wearing parts, or all of her clothes, while being eaten. (Especially the feet need to be bare. Allowing the pred to savor them.) ;)
CFTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zangoose » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:48 pm

I have a lot. I'm pretty vanilla when it comes to the vore I like, with maybe a couple of diversions. Off the top of my head...
- Underaged pred (17 years or younger) is a pretty major one. Vore is, to me, an inherently sexual thing, so seeing underaged characters in the center of it makes me uncomfortable.
- Nudity. I don't like seeing exposed genitalia or breasts. I dunno what it is, but seeing any of it, even if the rest of the art's really good, gets completely in the way of my enjoyment.
- Furry preds also turn me off for some reason. They just don't rub me the right way. I can like scalie preds, almost as much as human or feral preds, but only if they follow some of my pretty strict guidelines.
- Female prey. Being a male prey who likes to project himself onto vore situations, situations with female prey usually do nothing for me. Unlike most of this list, it's not a 100% "If this is in the situation, I can't enjoy it at all whatsoever" turnoff. If the pred looks good enough, I can get past the prey not being male. But generally, I enjoy M/M and F/M far more than M/F and F/F. ?/F is pretty much entirely out of the question.
- Any orifice vore that isn't oral, anal or navel. My least favorite ones are Cock vore (the thought of something squirming in my urethra just makes me cringe, so cock vore gives me second-hand pain. "Bonus points" if futa is involved) and breast vore.
- Sex. Need I say more?
- Scat, watersports, and other bodily waste.
- Lastly, digestion in macro/micro. I like digestion in same-size vore, mostly for the weight gain and gradually shrinking belly. Not only do you not really get either of those in macro/micro, but I also prefer willing macro/micro by a lot. Digestion goes completely against the appeal of willing vore to me, and willing digestion in macro/micro is something I can't think of a good scenario for.
Just your friendly neighborhood M/M enthusiast.

For Vore code, see https://bit.ly/2GoUFwl
Zangoose
Somewhat familiar

Postby 32n59Deleted » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:30 am

*The furry stuff. Sorry folks, I just got really thrown off when I discovered this seems to be the chief audience for vore sometimes.

*"Bowling ball bellies" - look I understand some of you think vore where the pred's belly isn't extended doesn't seem "realistic", but I really, really hate it when they're so distended it just looks like someone took a giant balloon and stapled it onto the pred's regular body
32n59Deleted
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Devourerita » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 am

CFTS wrote:
Snakes as preds.

Woah, that's a rare one. Lots of people consider them "The best and most realistic preds", but I'd rather see more art of Komodo dragons if we are going for "realistic preds"
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby tigercloud » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:42 am

I talk about the Content/Preferences I like, but what I don't like within (or in combination with) them sometimes: - I'm into Macro/Micro, just to clarify, because else you don't understand some of my points^^

- Extremely wrong anatomy like:
-- Wrong placed bulges (like the preys are inside the stomach, but the tiny bulges are to far down)
-- Wrong places arrows which show where the preys are (like from an internal shot pointing to the position)
-- Wrong placed organ-position (like tummy is way to high or down from the usual position)

- Inconsistent size of the prey (like in comics they are a bit bigger sometimes and less big on other panels)
- Futa Preds/Preys/Characters
- Extremely detailed shown genitals like the Penis or Vagina (Like veins of them or other tiny details)
- Genitals are more in spot than the actual vore
- Way to big breasts/asses on females (if I see that my back starts to hurt)
- Scat
- Farting
- Non-Fatal
- Throw up the Prey
- Endosoma
- Monster Preds (Extremely monsters, not talk about Humanoid looking monsters)
- Worm Preds
- Extremely willing Preys (sometimes I can enjoy them but most of the time im more into domination)
Scenes:
- Use of the word "vore" inside an vore piece (seems wrong for me)
- Use vore as punishment for something super small (like just saying something or dont doing a good job at something, basically killing someone for such a small thing, not because they are food, just because of punishing)

These are all things i don't like within my Preferred Main-Theme "Macro/Micro", don't talk about all the other stuff, since they are more "no interest" and no turnoff ;P
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby stearwing » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:13 am

Devourerita wrote:
CFTS wrote:
Snakes as preds.

Woah, that's a rare one. Lots of people consider them "The best and most realistic preds", but I'd rather see more art of Komodo dragons if we are going for "realistic preds"

Might be funny coming from a noodle, but I kinda get that. Something that doesn't have limbs just feels...off. Difficult to relate to, from a predator's point of view.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Devourerita » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:43 pm

stearwing wrote:
Devourerita wrote:
CFTS wrote:
Snakes as preds.

Might be funny coming from a noodle, but I kinda get that. Something that doesn't have limbs just feels...off. Difficult to relate to, from a predator's point of view.

I can sort of feel that too, not having arms and legs limits tremendously the movements and actions that a snake can perform (the "prey got snatched from a tree" scenario gets boring fast).

As far as I'm concerned, they can be both, unless the prey is a dragon. I don't really like dragon preys
Last edited by Devourerita on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My vore code
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby stearwing » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Devourerita wrote:I don't really like dragon preys

Finally, another one. Nothing quite kills this man's boner more thoroughly than...that.
I'm a dragon.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Mokii » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:04 pm

---
Last edited by Mokii on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mokii
Been posting for a bit

Postby Devourerita » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:04 pm

stearwing wrote:

Finally, another one. Nothing quite kills this man's boner more thoroughly than...that.

Dragons are my favorite preds, so seeing them as preys is the equivalent of a record scratch on my boner
My vore code
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArcaneSigil » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:08 pm

EnderDracolich wrote:
go47 wrote:Ah the next kinkshame thread. We need a popcorn smiley.

How is politely stating your dislikes "kink-shaming" ?

Some people see it as kink-shaming because of how some posts are often written. They can come off as kink-shame-y, even without actually meaning to.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Mokii » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:14 pm

---
Last edited by Mokii on Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mokii
Been posting for a bit

Postby stearwing » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Devourerita wrote:
stearwing wrote:

Dragons are my favorite preds, so seeing them as preys is the equivalent of a record scratch on my boner

This, and they tick all my "naturally powerful" boxes. Role-reversal just isn't my thing.

Mokii wrote:Sometimes hard vore will come up, which I am into, and the armchair psychologists will come out of the woodwork sometimes to "diagnose" why you are into something that "messed up" or accuse you of being edgy ect.

You'd think there can't be anything edgy about chewing your food. Not that I'm into it beyond biting to incapacitate, but still.
I'm a dragon.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Devourerita » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:13 pm

stearwing wrote:This, and they tick all my "naturally powerful" boxes. Role-reversal just isn't my thing.

Me too, Dragons and Venom are the only thing I like as pred only (besides my character)
My vore code
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby SamWamm » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:42 pm

don't you hate it when you are viewing / reading a vore thing and something pops up which you hate that isn't mentioned in the tags despite the fact it should be. for example it says "soft vore" and then there's cock vore in it.

however I myself like cock vore.
Species:
A giant sentient roundworm disguised as an alien tree kangaroo race that happen to look like North American mountain goats
P.S. I'm not a normal person
SamWamm
Participator

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:22 pm

As a writer here, I try to be careful to do thorough tagging. I may not have many repeating tags because tag searches are pretty good about suggesting similar ones, but all the warnings are there.

I don't believe in putting warnings in story text, though: that breaks the flow. If readers can read the tags, they have it coming. If one particular tag needs reinforcing, I will mention it in the story description.

While I'm not a particular afficianado of cock vore (too much suspension of disbelief, which has to be pretty high for any sort of vore story that isn't pretty much "eating"), I thought of a way it could exist as a special case in my setting. Once I did, of course, the story demanded to be written…and so was born…“Dick”.

Don't click that link. Seriously. Dxyxallyxikspt makes Beetlejuice seem positively urbane.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby voidrunner » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:22 am

Endo...

Not trying to yuck on anyone's yum, but endo is a big turn off for me. When it comes to vore, I like digestion, weight gain (doesn't have to be much) and bellies gradually shrinking. When a pred makes all these threats and teases the prey, only to be like "Oh, lol, I was only kidding, I'll let you out now ^^" it is just a big let down... That and being immune to acids :/
"Life is like a rollercoaster, sure it has its ups and downs, but you may just find, it can throw you for a loop!" ~voidrunner
voidrunner
Somewhat familiar

Postby Michele » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:26 am

I'm generally all-around; I really love endosoma, and I'm fine with digestion; scat; disposal; anything else goes, I think so at least. However, one of the things I don't like to hard vore and blood; I genuinely feel uncomfortable with blood. Vampire or blood sucking may be fine, but I don't wanna see graphic contents!
Michele
Somewhat familiar

Postby dekabreak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:42 am

Animal/monster preds, sorry, just care more for humans or humanoid preds.

Fanfiction vore where characters are easily dispatched, and, by that i mean, really powerful and cool characters i like suddenly being incredibly weak or forgetting to use abilities so that they can be easily eaten, for some reason, just seeing something like an OC eating dozens of powerful fighters just makes me more annoyed than anything.

I seriously have seen characters i like that are supposed to be one man armies just being scooped up like little snacks by foes they would easily beat and...meh, i don't know, maybe i just tend to prefer the characters as being preds or actually being shown to be how they are rather than coming across as pathetic weaklings that could have been replaced by normal civilians for all they do, it's an odd turn-off, i know, but one that i certainly have.
dekabreak
Somewhat familiar

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:34 am

@dekabreak:

I see where you're coming from, and I agree. My general rule when writing protagonists for any story—not just vore stories—is: make them no more powerful than they absolutely have to be. There are a few reason for that:
  1. Such characters are harder to relate to. Most of us are not superheroes. (In such a universe where everyone was, I would be…Bicycle Repairman! :P )
  2. Such characters are harder to put into any real danger, as you pointed out. As an example, I have compared making a situation dangerous for a 5th-level Dungeons and Dragons wizard to a 7th-level one. It's easier to trap the former: the best he can do to escape, typically, is to cast fly or invisibility, but a 7th-level wizard has access to the dimension door spell: if he has even one hit point left, he can say a word and teleport away. Additional effort has to be made, in the form of things like dimensional anchor or dimension lock spells, to keep the little beggars from getting away.
  3. Fights between seemingly invincible characters quickly degenerate into a game of Calvinball. It may be fun, but it doesn't mean anything.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion