The Howling (Twine) V00014B (31Dec2020)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

The Howling (Twine) V00014B (31Dec2020)

Postby ouphe » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:26 am

Hello all!
I have tossed together a Patreon for the hell of it. The game will always be free, and there is no benefit at this time beyond me sending you thank you messages.

So I had been playing around with Twine and was trying to create a basic combat engine and that led to me adding a hint of plot and I've accidentally created an alpha version of a game. At this point, however...

The Howling is a text-based RPG where you play the role of a Werewolf (M, Predator) who has woken up in the woods with no memory of how he ended up there. Explore the surrounding kingdom and interact with the NPCs to either blaze a swath of destruction, find your missing memories, help villagers in need, consume those weaker than you, or all 4 of them at the same time!

There are three different locations to acquire the game, so that way whatever works better for you, you can enjoy.

V00014B - Sidebar bug is being fought.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ilCZl ... sp=sharing
https://www.mediafire.com/file/btol53wz ... .html/file
https://www.patreon.com/the_howling

Save files are going to have some issue across versions. I can try to help you repair a save file between versions if you would like to maintain your progress, but I can never guarantee cross-version compatibility. I apologize for this.

Warning:
This is still very alpha so there will be dead ends and things that don't work correctly, but I will be bugfixing all the time. Tell me if there's any errors please beyond the "there's nothing on this page cause Ouphe hasn't written it yet" type of issue.

Contains:
Player(M)/MF? Oral Vore (both in-combat and out of combat scenes)
You're a werewolf!
Digestion
Fatal
Combat
Sex (M/M, M/F) both in combat and out of combat scenes, some consensual, mostly unwilling
Leveling up
Kidnapping
Getting a bounty on your pelt
Eating those who try to collect that bounty
Quests! Plot! I know, right?
Optional Disposal (scat, just bones, or off)
The barest hints of pregnancy
Optional Cooking scene
Dozens of different NPCs. The unique ones will be permanently affected if you kill/eat/move them and includes boss fights and whatnot.

Future plans (Immediate):
Continue on chapter three.

Future plans (Overall):
Will likely be four chapters of content, with variable endings based on actions during the game. Good werewolves get different options than bad werewolves, and every path is going to lock some other options while it weaves back onto the other paths. And yes, you will be able to rape and eat practically everything and everyone in your path ignoring almost everything plot-wise and still make it to the endgame eventually.

Combat system:
Attacking, Defending, Grabbing, Devouring, Swallowing, and Raping are all going to use a combination of a random roll, str, and dex vs the opponents str, dex, and armor. The more powerful creatures are going to have higher chances of breaking grabs/devours, and the more heavily armored they are the harder it will be to hold them as well.

Claw helps you break armor while causing damage
Bite can break armor and can give you a free devour
If grabbed, you get a bonus to break armor, to devour, and are able to start rape
Devour gets in jaws so you can then attempt a swallow and shift to the stomach battle. You can also keep biting, or spit them out.
Rape leads to the rape battle, more options as clothing is removed.
Swallow gets you to the stomach battle. Health percentage actually influences this as well, so if the opponent is low health they'll be easier to nom. Digesting your foes will heal you, and digesting them completely will give you a little extra strength and max health
If you have swallowed someone, once they've digested to 0 hp you can either go onward to end the battle or you can keep watching them digest into pudge.
Potions heal you.

Update Info
Spoiler: show

~~~V00014B
Bugfix: Sidebar issue is still happening for some people. Should be repaired now. Also a few minor grammar/punctuation hiccups.

~~~V 00014A
Fixed an error with the load screen eating the sidebar

~~~V 00014
Added the ability to "Let Go" of your opponent if you have them grabbed. Simply releases them so you can continue to pummel if you want.
Large foes should no longer bug out if they avoid a Devour attack.
Load screen's error fixed.
The Nerf Bat has arrived. Lots of foes have been tuned down to make it easier and less grindy.

Added a Bestiary and made some changes to the front page

Moved Save/Load and Scat Options to a Settings page that is accessible from the Lair.

Content in-progress:
Quests not able to be completed yet: 8. Red's minions, 10. Beth/Damocles, 13. Replacement Waitress, 14. Missing Pages.
Inaccessible areas: Arena, MHG Floors

As always, message me if you find anything broken that I haven't listed here. Thank you!
Last edited by ouphe on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 33 times in total.
ouphe
Participator

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00001

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:10 am

Looks like a very interesting start! Good work!

There's an error if I go to Dark Wood -> Explore:
(if 3 < 9)North
South
East
West
I hate mazes.

(if 3 = 9)[Oh, a quaint little cabin.

(if 3 > 9)Is that a village?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:04 pm

That one's a quick fix, thank you :)

I'm going to be trying a few different techniques in how things play out, so preferences/commentary on how things work will also help.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:50 pm

I imagine the sheep at the farm are made of cotton candy with the way they digest instantly. It's a little odd how eating and digesting a sheep can leave your previous meal intact and undigested in your stomach. :P

Suggestion: add a default inventory item, which takes you back to the lair when used so you can get out of dead-end story branches.
Suggestion: a wilderness encounter with an adventurer-woman who tries to fight you like you fought in the arena at the start. You can fuck her, infect her, eat her, or all three.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Randulf » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:58 pm

Im all for a pred based game
Will be keeping watch on this as it continues
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Postby ouphe » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:04 pm

I've gotten a battle set up with a huntress in the cabin where in addition to normal combat, you can use claw attacks to shred armor, and then a bite attack has a chance of eating her so you can swallow her and finish her off with your stomach.

I'll see what else I can add in for some combat choices along that second suggestion. I'll also put a scamper home button on the sidebar.
ouphe
Participator

Postby ouphe » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:43 am

http://www.mediafire.com/file/krd08cd2s ... .html/file

Ok, did an overhaul of the combat system. Should be much less clunky for me to add more foes and fixing things as I go. Also got rid of the opening arena. Now there's in-combat vore as well. Yay!
ouphe
Participator

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00002

Postby Revx_Z » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:13 am

Aww, I kinda liked the arena.

If you click the Inventory button twice, then clicking Back only takes you back to inventory. Not sure if bug or just weirdness?

Elves OP.

There doesn't seem to be any way to heal. That should probably be a priority so one can do more combats.

Levelup happens at 1050xp instead of 1000xp.

Swallowing Farmer results in "he lets out cries of pain as your stomach acids eat away at her flesh."

Attacks show as 1d10+STR damage, where can I see STR?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby No-One » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:51 am

Just started this. The huntress by the cabin in the woods seems to escape my grabs 100% of the time, setting up an endless chain of "grab!" "she escapes your grasp!" "grab!" "she escapes your grasp!" "grab!" "she escapes your grasp!" etc.
No-One
Participator

Postby Randulf » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:11 pm

Rest actually restoring hp is probably planned next but it doesn't restore anything right now if you weren't aware
Enemies seem pretty hard to actually grab, the chance for escape could lower the weaker they are in HP. It could also be lower the higher your strength is.
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Postby ouphe » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:47 pm

Ok, next build is up.
Everywhere has some hint of content now. Finished redoing the combat system, added the combat vore system and the combat rape system. Got some random generators set up for a lot of content.
Arena has been reinstated within the castle.
Resting in your lair will fully restore HP.
Status page will show your STRength and DEXterity
You can take the Farmer's Daughter back to your lair if you choose the right options.
Added notoriety. As it increases there will be scarier creatures attacking you (pending)

Because of the way the Back command works right now, if you do Inventory/Status/Stomach multiple times in a row you'll have to hit it multiple times to get back to where you were. I'm trying to figure out a good counter to that.

Lots more NPCs. The unique ones will be permanently gone if you kill/eat/move them.
Travelling near the lair: Adventurers (M,F)
Village: Civilians (F)
Farm: Farmer (M, Unique), Farmer's Wife (F) Farmer's Daughter (F) Sheep (Snacks)
Road: Guard (M)
Woods: Huntress (F, Unique) Catgirls (F) Elves (M, F)
Castle: Guards (F), Archers (F)
-Arena: (Goblin (M), Gladiator (M), Adventurer (F), Bird (?), Catgirl (F), Elf (F)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rxj52bvuo ... .html/file

Combat system:
Attacking, Defending, Grabbing, Devouring, Swallowing, and Raping are all going to use a combination of a random roll, str, and dex vs the opponents str, dex, and armor. The more powerful creatures are going to have higher chances of breaking grabs/devours, and the more heavily armored they are the harder it will be to hold them as well.

Claw helps you break armor while causing damage
Bite can break armor and can give you a free devour
If grabbed, you get a bonus to break armor, to devour, and are able to start rape
Devour gets in jaws so you can then attempt a swallow and shift to the stomach battle. You can also keep biting.
Rape leads to the rape battle, more options as clothing is removed.
Swallow gets you to the stomach battle
If you have swallowed someone, once they've digested to 0 hp you can either go onward to end the battle or you can keep watching them digest into pudge.
ouphe
Participator

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00003

Postby Randulf » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:41 pm

There seems to be a flee option sometimes but its showing up very inconsistently in fights.
There is also no longer a button to return to your lair when you explore the woods but I may just be really blind

edit: also clicking the elf in the arena causes the option to disappear for me
I also got soft locked when I had enough strength to keep the warrior grabbed but not enough dex to remove his armor or hit him
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Postby ouphe » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:32 pm

Fixed the woods. Fixed the sneaky elf.

Where are you finding the flee option? I'm seeing two "run" lines during travel which are just to go back to the previous location.
The Rape option should be vanishing when fighting against a male opponent, but flee should be gone entirely...
ouphe
Participator

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:41 pm

This game is really neat so far! Would be interesting to see optional player prey content in this too much further down the line. Not sure if you intended for this to be a pred-only game but it's really nice regardless.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Revx_Z » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:23 pm

The Farmer's Daughter appears to be unique as well, at least I can't seem to re-interact with her.

Is any sort of save feature planned? Or are those just going to be lost across versions anyway?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:56 pm

Revx_Z wrote:The Farmer's Daughter appears to be unique as well, at least I can't seem to re-interact with her.

Is any sort of save feature planned? Or are those just going to be lost across versions anyway?

Yes, she's unique. I updated the top post to mention it for her and the farmer's wife.

I have a save system in the works now, though I'm not sure if it will work across versions or not.

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:This game is really neat so far! Would be interesting to see optional player prey content in this too much further down the line. Not sure if you intended for this to be a pred-only game but it's really nice regardless.

I will be playing around with more options as we go forth, including larger opponents that might eat you, actual plotlines, and the like. It will not be heavily player-prey, but I will include at least some things to delight that crowd as well.
ouphe
Participator

Postby No-One » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:51 am

Noticed a bug, although it technically occurs due to trying something you logically shouldn't be able to do. If you try to devour someone and get them in your mouth, then select rape instead of swallow, and select "strip her" the interface goes blank. You still get the options on the sidebar, but there's nothing in the main interaction section. This basically leaves you stuck without anyway to end the situation other than to restart.

Also, the name of any Elf encountered in the woods changes on every screen. It cycles though like a dozen names over the course of a fight.
No-One
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:35 pm

Could you streamline and merge some of the "You grab at Name", "Name is being held" "Name struggles in your grip", "You are holding Name", "Name breaks free" pages so there are fewer clicks in a round of combat?
Likewise with main combat screen -> "You get your maw around Tanya!" "Tanya escapes from your maw."
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Wollffett » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:10 pm

Is this going to be a full game or just a side project?
Wollffett
Participator

Postby ouphe » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:12 pm

Wollffett wrote:Is this going to be a full game or just a side project?

I can't answer that at this time, but my plan is to add plot, lots more content, and the like. I'm having fun thus far, so it'll likely be kept up for quite some time. I only started it a few days ago, so... yeah :)

Anyway, V 00004
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q69mjq41k ... .html/file

Let's see...
Save system created. You can only save at your lair though.
Fixed a bunch of bugs.
Streamlined regular combat into a single page for the attack and counterattack.
Added lots of extra stuff for combat digestion and combat rape.
More baddies to fight.
Monster descriptions so you get more than just random names for your opponents.
I think I got the devour-rape-strip bug taken care of, since it shouldn't let you use rape when they're in your jaws in the first place >_>
The Tavern content is incomplete, but there was lots of other good updates already so I figured I'd put this one up.
ouphe
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game