discontinued

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Velabeth Arena [Male Protag] (Update 7)

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:07 am

andreipok wrote:Thanks for working on the game. I am eager to see more

Aw, thank you! Hopefully, when the next release comes out, I'll have the second arena fight set up and some more prey scenes.
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby CheeseTheCluelessUke » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:40 pm

I also really enjoyed this. It's very well-done, and I look forward to seeing more!
CheeseTheCluelessUke
New to the forum

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:59 am

CheeseTheCluelessUke wrote:I also really enjoyed this. It's very well-done, and I look forward to seeing more!

Thank you! ^^ I'm so glad to hear people who like it. Makes it so much easier to work on it.
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krunchlesnitchles » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:13 am

Will you be able to eat everyone in this one as well?
Krunchlesnitchles
Somewhat familiar

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:48 pm

Krunchlesnitchles wrote:Will you be able to eat everyone in this one as well?

I've considered it, but to be completely blunt? It depends 100% on you guys. And I'm going to address some things in general here along with your question, because it is similar to some other ones I've gotten PM'd, so I think it'd be better to have one post that outlines it.

I already have a lot of writing to do with planned side scenes and the arena fights. For me to be willing to add unplanned features, such as every NPC I put in the game being potential prey, there needs to be a lot more engagement than I have right now. I deeply appreciate the people who come here, I love the guys that say they like the game, or that tell me bugs -- you all rock, and I appreciate you! Seriously, you guys are the only reason I'm working on the project, because you let me know you enjoy it, which is important when you're doing what I'm doing and making a thing for other people to enjoy. If it weren't for y'all? I would've discontinued this a while back.

But for as good as those things are, beyond that? There's basically no actual talking in the thread, no one having conversations or making suggestions... no real chatting or anything in general. On top of that, only one person has offered to actually contribute to the game. And neither of these things are bad -- you can do what you can do, you like what you like, and I love everyone who plays it at all and enjoys the work I put into it. I don't mind if this isn't people's thing! It's how we all work, y'know. But it does mean that I lack the motivation or desire to add extra features like that.

Because here's the thing. I'm more than willing to put in the work for this game. To make every character voreable, to add side-scenes to other people's tastes (like adding in M/F, or other kinks that aren't hard nos), hell, even to do something as major as let you pick the gender of your protagonist are all things that I'm not opposed to doing. But I'm not going to put in the massive amount of work those would require -- because it is a massive amount, in both writing and coding -- with the way this thread is going right now. Right now, it feels like there's not too many who are really enjoying it, that it's just a handful of people who are playing it. And again, I'm super thankful for that! I'm making this for other people, so even just a handful is a success!

But the lack-of-people-engaging feeling, the feeling that there's only a tiny group that cares -- which is supported by the fact that barely anyone is talking here and only one person has volunteered to help -- does mean that I don't have much desire to do work beyond what I'm already planning. XD So as willing as I am to add much more to the game... it's just not going to happen unless people are far more active around here.
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hcam » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:02 am

Hey, it's always nice to see m/m content over here.
Don't bother you by adding a lot of unplanned or innecesary content, I know programing is a slow, hard process and almost everyone here prefer the female thing, so, you will not get a lot of support.
Keep it easy and don't make something too complicated or something you won't enjoy, is your game and you should be the one who enjoys it the most.
Hcam
New to the forum

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:02 am

Hcam wrote:Hey, it's always nice to see m/m content over here.
Don't bother you by adding a lot of unplanned or innecesary content, I know programing is a slow, hard process and almost everyone here prefer the female thing, so, you will not get a lot of support.
Keep it easy and don't make something too complicated or something you won't enjoy, is your game and you should be the one who enjoys it the most.

Aw, thank you! <3 I appreciate it. And yeah, I don't expect to get much support at all, which like I said, it's fine! You like what you like. But eh, some people are enjoying it, and that's enough. It just means that these updates are slow. XD
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby Invictus314159 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:33 am

M/M isn't a common taste here, so a smaller base is to be expected. It's not really close my taste either, but the gameplay and writing is good enough to counter that. You're doing great, don't worry :D. Just appealing to a smaller group than the other RPGmaker games did. Also, it's very new, but as it grows and more stuff is added the base will improve.
Invictus314159
Been posting for a bit

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:04 am

Invictus314159 wrote:M/M isn't a common taste here, so a smaller base is to be expected. It's not really close my taste either, but the gameplay and writing is good enough to counter that. You're doing great, don't worry :D. Just appealing to a smaller group than the other RPGmaker games did. Also, it's very new, but as it grows and more stuff is added the base will improve.

Oh yeah, I assumed a smaller base! I came into this knowing I wasn't going to get a huge amount of people; to figure that out all you've gotta do is check the M/M tag. XD I probably didn't word it right, I just meant that if I was gonna add new, elaborate features, I'd at least want people in here talking regularly, so it feels like there's support. <3

Who knows, I might add that anyway once I feel the game is "finished" (though how I'd finish a game like this which I purposefully set up to be easy to continue for a while, I wouldn't know), though that's gonna be in the faaaaaaaaaaaaar flung future at the rate I'm working on it.
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby reptilemk5 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:01 pm

I reply with saurian (lizard)
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:48 pm

How did I not notice this before? This looks great!
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:15 am

reptilemk5 wrote:I reply with saurian (lizard)

One vote for that so far!

Revx_Z wrote:How did I not notice this before? This looks great!

Aww, thank you! ^^ I'm working hard on it, so it's glad to hear people like it. I'm hoping to get the current batch of goals finished so I can upload this for Thanksgiving, since it seems morbidly appropriate.
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 8 (11-27-19)]

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:54 pm

Update 8 is out! In time for Thanksgiving, too!

Changes in this update:
Update 8 (11/27/19)
  • You should no longer be able to walk through walls.
  • Added a cooking vore scene! The prey stays alive through it, but you season and oven-bake them for a bit. The scene is triggered by buying the blue-haired man from the Slaver, then going into your cabinet and interacting with him. Disposal, like the Training Ground scene, has an optional toggle for it!
  • Added the second arena fight! Try your hand against the rogue Zyri! Like Salin, he has a win scene and a loss scene. Also like Salin, you'll keep his bones once you're done digesting him, and can use them to make a trophy in the room below yours.
  • Rewrote the scene labels a bit, and added a few more.
  • The Below's first floor is now available, and stocked with the first type of monsters! You'll be put at one end of the maze and have to find your way out, while monsters roam all the while. Getting out gets you a base sum, and you get an extra bit of gold for every monster you kill. You're free to use items here if you want! Please note that if you're digested at any point, you're kicked out of the dungeon without your rewards, so be careful. I think[\i] I scaled the encounters properly; the idea is that they're a bit dangerous, but not severely so. Let me know if they still don't quite work right. (Two more types of monsters will be added later, but I wanted to get this update out in time for Thanksgiving.)
  • The battle music has been shifted a bit. The Below now uses the old battle music, while the Arena Fights use a more boss-like theme. Let me know if either of these don't change like they're properly supposed to.
  • Saving is disabled in The Below. I thought this felt thematically appropriate, but let me know if you guys would prefer saves to be on while in there.
  • The snake scene in the Training Ground now has some slight text changes if you go back after surviving the first time, implying a more willing feeding.
  • A new NPC has a "store" now; a minigame store! You can play various games here to make money more safely than running the dungeon, but not as much. I'll add more games as time goes on until his room is full. For now, the only game available is a shooting gallery, but I'm taking suggestions for what (simple) games you'd like to see!
  • The moneybear has been removed, because you now have a way to make your own funds and thus he isn't necessary anymore.
  • There is now a maternity picture! Because there's no timer for pregnancy just yet, you have to interact with the picture to get the birth scene (or skip it, depending on what you want). Each pregnancy will have its own unique birth scenes, and I [i]would like to make this dependent on time passing/steps taken, if I can figure out how. Though don't worry; even if I do manage that, the maternity bear will be a permanent addition for those not into the pregnancy aspect.
  • More furniture! The player's bathroom is now fully stocked. Your tub, sink, mirror, towel rack, and dryer are all available now. Having a party member will add a second towel rack if the first one is both bought and visible. The cooling unit has also been added.
  • The Furniture Store now has an NPC that sells books. The first book just a joke book to show how it works, being a "child book about vore", but now that she's set up more books will come eventually, with shorter stories/quick vore scenes you can read about. She won't be able to sell you anything if you don't have the bookcases, though! The books will go into one of the bought bookcases, so you'll have to check them to find it. I can't make it sparkle AND make them buyable, sorry. I tried.
  • On that note, I've removed the sparkles from most anything interactable sans the original bookcase (because I feel that has important information) and the stuff in the furniture store. You're pretty much pointed to most interactable items, and you can check them yourselves, so the level of sparkles was getting ridiculous.
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby Achenar » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:34 am

A bug to report - disabling the save function in the Below makes sense, but if the werewolves eat you and you use a Revival Crystal to not die, the save function stays disabled afterwards. The only way I've found to re-enable it is to go back and successfully clear a floor.

The scene labels for Level 1 mention player impregnation (and cock vore) but I can't seem to get any scene but being devoured by a werewolf. Is that just there for the other monsters that'll be added later, or do the werewolves do it too and I'm just getting unlucky? I... confess to being rather interested.
Achenar
Participator

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:53 pm

Achenar wrote:A bug to report - disabling the save function in the Below makes sense, but if the werewolves eat you and you use a Revival Crystal to not die, the save function stays disabled afterwards. The only way I've found to re-enable it is to go back and successfully clear a floor.

The scene labels for Level 1 mention player impregnation (and cock vore) but I can't seem to get any scene but being devoured by a werewolf. Is that just there for the other monsters that'll be added later, or do the werewolves do it too and I'm just getting unlucky? I... confess to being rather interested.

Oh, dammit. *snaps fingers* I know PRECISELY what that bug is; I'll go fix that now and upload the fixed build. (You won't need to reset your save; I'll stick an item in the landing that re-enables saving if that happens) Look for the title to change to "8.1", that means the fix is uploaded.

As for the scene labels, it's the first option. There are three different "units" of monsters that each give different scenes (they might all be the same monsters in some cases, but they have different map sprites and different numbers of them in battle to tell them apart), but I just ran out of time to add the other two to get this update out on Thanksgiving like I wanted. They will both be guaranteed in the next build (9), though, which I really hope to get out before Christmas. So just keep an out for Update 9! ^^
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 8.1 (11-27-19)]

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:33 am

I can understand wanting more engagement, but M/M is relatively unpopular in most places not just here, and the game seems to be in fairly early stages, so there is less to talk about.

On another note, my suggestion a new party member (or for an NPC in general) is a minotaur. Despite the fact that the mythology about the Minotaur is about him eating people, minotaurs always seem curiously absent from many vore games.

Finally, since it sounds like all of the NPC's in the training room are potential vore scenes, I'm looking forward to what happens with the centaur.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:30 pm

invidiasyren wrote:I can understand wanting more engagement, but M/M is relatively unpopular in most places not just here, and the game seems to be in fairly early stages, so there is less to talk about.

On another note, my suggestion a new party member (or for an NPC in general) is a minotaur. Despite the fact that the mythology about the Minotaur is about him eating people, minotaurs always seem curiously absent from many vore games.

Finally, since it sounds like all of the NPC's in the training room are potential vore scenes, I'm looking forward to what happens with the centaur.

Which I understand! I'm not saying there absolutely has to be more engagement; I went into this knowing it wouldn't get as much attention. I was just saying that for me to put extra work in beyond what I've already planned, I would need that. That's all. What I already planned is going through regardless, but there's so much of that I need to do that I'm just not willing to take on extra work unless it's for people contributing somehow (possible, I already have one person helping) or it gets popular enough to have a lot more chatter/engagement (unlikely BUT definitely possible, but as you said, the game's in a fairly early state, so if it comes it'll be much later). It's mostly irrelevant for the foreseeable future, since I fully plan to finish my list of stuff before any extras unless it's a contributor's request.

I'm not taking party member suggestions beyond the poll, I'm afraid; I have very specific plans for them, and what's on the poll are the only options. NPCs in general I'm certainly taking suggestions for! Buuut unfortunately a minotaur is not an option unless you can provide the sprites for it. The extra parts I use for generating the NPCs so far don't have anything that could make something even remotely close to a minotaur, which breaks my heart because I love your suggestion (and minotaurs in general!), but it's just not possible on my own. :c Right now, I can only do anthros based off cats, wolves, lizards, or foxes, or humanoids with varying ears/tails/wings/horns.

You are right, though! Eventually. all of the NPCs in the training room (except the two inaccessible ones, because they're just set dressing) will be vore scenes of some kind, and I'm not done adding more. Just a matter of when I write each scene. I don't have anything planned for the centaur yet, not set in stone; was there something in particular you were hoping to see?
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:04 am

Ah, I thought "Other (reply with what)" meant we could reply with party member suggestions. Though I'm kind of surprised there aren't any easy to find Minotaur sprites given that I'd expect them to be a somewhat common monster. Unless there are some particular sprites you need. I know roll20 has minotaur sprites that might be downloadable.

And I don't have anything in particular that I was necessarily wanting to see. I just like centuar preds, especially with the whole double stomach thing (depending on how you want your centaur anatomy to go). I guess if you're looking for suggestions, a double prey thing could be fun, with one in each stomach.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:50 am

invidiasyren wrote:Ah, I thought "Other (reply with what)" meant we could reply with party member suggestions. Though I'm kind of surprised there aren't any easy to find Minotaur sprites given that I'd expect them to be a somewhat common monster. Unless there are some particular sprites you need. I know roll20 has minotaur sprites that might be downloadable.

And I don't have anything in particular that I was necessarily wanting to see. I just like centuar preds, especially with the whole double stomach thing (depending on how you want your centaur anatomy to go). I guess if you're looking for suggestions, a double prey thing could be fun, with one in each stomach.

...I totally forgot I had that up there. I think I forgot to take it off when I made some background adjustments -- or actually, maybe I didn't because it'd reset the voting. Well, it's clear enough, so I'll go ahead and fix that! I'm so sorry about that.

There's plenty of minotaur sprites. The problem is, I have no desire to use mismatched assets; I think that takes out of an experience, so the sprites need to look similar to the rest of the style. I'll check sometime and see if I can find something though.

I usually go with a single stomach for centaurs! But I'll take those thoughts in mind.
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby Deioth » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:05 am

invidiasyren wrote:On another note, my suggestion a new party member (or for an NPC in general) is a minotaur. Despite the fact that the mythology about the Minotaur is about him eating people, minotaurs always seem curiously absent from many vore games.

Indeed, we are far too absent... ]:8(
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game