Shrunken Life (v0.3) [Valentina's back (and more!)]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Shrunken Life (v0.3) [Valentina's back (and more!)]

Postby eatme1234 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:35 pm

Looking for a Sprite Artist
I am currently looking for a sprite artist willing to make icons for the various items/equipments/statuses in the game that do not have icons yet. If you have some free time and would like to contribute, please let me know either a PM or on the discord!

Looking for someone with experience in Photoshop
I am also looking for someone with experience in photoshop to help with some pictures. The program I use to make the pictures isn't exactly vore specific, and there's only so much I can do. But with Photo editing the possibilities become limitless! PM me or say something on the discord server if you'd like to contribute!

Shrunken Life

Download the game here!

Intro
Well today's the day you've been waiting for. To become a forager, that's been your life time goal. Being a forager is very special to you. It is one of two jobs that allow you to leave the village, a village built in a cave mind you. You don’t even know what the sun looks like, have you even seen it? As for the other job... being a guard sounds boring; it’s just standing around watching the outside, but not interacting with anything at all. You want to experience all there is out there, even if one of the main rules of being a forager is to avoid curiosity. Once you graduate, there’s a whole new world to explore. Your mind races on what you think the outside world might be like, it could be amazing, and it could be bad... But everything should be fine as long as you play it safe... right?

About the game
Shrunken Life is a game made in RPG Maker MV with custom coding, and 3D pictures using Honey Select. As of this post, the game has been worked on for exactly a year (though I have other projects that I have been working on). Instead of normal turn-based battles like most rpgs, this game has a similar system to games like "Shrinking Fun" and "Shrink EXP" (Along with various other mini-games). I learned a bit of JavaScript to learn to code some of the more customizable parts of the game. The game also features a mayor-like system where you must gather food to feed you (and any people you might decide to house) and upgrades to help make life easier. I plan on making a decent story and ending to this game, but not with too much story.

What's in it?
  • F/f
  • Oral Vore
  • Breast Vore / Breast Play
  • Unbirth
  • Anal Vore
  • Non-fatal crushing
  • Femdom
Things to come later
  • F/m
  • Monster Girls
  • Collaborations
  • Yuki-onnas I'm honestly surprised they weren't first in the game
  • (This list will change as I think of stuff)

Special Thanks to:
  • Scottypilgrim (Big Help with writing)
  • Skeiron (play testing and coding)
  • GTouf (Bug Fixer and play tester)
  • StuporStar (Some item sprites)
  • Iepie122 (Writing)
  • Nephy (Writing)
  • All who playtested and found bugs (and actually stayed around to tell me about said bugs)

Other Stuff:
  • There is currently a bug in the game where if you afk during a battle the game can lag to the point where it drops to an unplayable framerate. Don't leave the game running in the middle of a fight (IT doesn't seem to lag when you are interacting)
  • The game currently has a discord where you can join and chat with me and other players.
  • If you have some free time and experience with Rpg Maker MV, I am currently look for help and playtesters to test future versions. You can catch me on discord or DM me here. I'll even add a custom character to your liking.
  • Changelog here

As always feel free to type here (or in the discord). Feedback, suggestions, etc are always welcome!
Last edited by eatme1234 on Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:04 am, edited 10 times in total.
eatme1234
Participator

Re: Shrunken Life (0.25v)

Postby eatme1234 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:38 pm

Important Note!

Seeing most of these bugs makes me realize two things:
- A Coder's job is never done
- I forgot to mention something important

While I can't do much about the first thing, I can do something about the second. When you save the game a save file appears in the save folder. But this save folder doesn't contain everything important. In the www/data folder exists a file named "persistent.json" This file contains data that exists over saves, such as which scenes are unlocked in the gallery, some persistent variables are used to progress the story as well. Some of the problems posted may be because you aren't transferring the persistent.json file over. When getting a new copy of the game, you can just transfer the save folder and the www/data/persistent.json file over from the old location. Hopefully this fixes alot of problems you have been having.
Last edited by eatme1234 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
eatme1234
Participator

Postby NovaDragn » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:04 am

This is Fantastic. I can see you put a lot of work into it. Hope to see a lot more soon! =] Good job.
NovaDragn
Somewhat familiar

Postby tgcidolfus » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:16 am

Enjoying the game greatly so far, has a lot of aspects of various games I've played (and enjoyed) with relatively simple explanations. The old final fantasy battle theme did make me chuckle pretty good as well.

Gameplay is smooth, tested for the slowdown and noticed slight slowdowns when doing nothing, as you stated, and some slight stuttering during the collection phase (could just be me on my end though)

Pictures are great and the dialogs are well written with few grammatical errors, apart from drunk girl because she gets a pass regardless of the spelling.

Only thing I can think that could be added so far would be a confirmation on the surrender button, as I could an accidental pressing of it could easily be done.
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby Hansony » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:44 am

Damn that's good..
Game occasionally have some lag when running around in over world and I am a greatly against limited saves so that's slight minuses in my book but the images are really well made, the dialog that follow them are descriptive while short, I mean over all this is just amazing.
I have a slight issue with how fast the fetish seem to rack up, I had UB fetish 1, then I get unbirthed one more time and I get to 3 right away which makes the next escape attempt potential game over...
It was not hard to escape so it wasn't an issue, but when you only have 3 levels there shouldn't be casual NPC's that boost it 2 or more levels in one fight, that should be reserved for important NPC's and bosses...
On the off chance this WAS a boss or important NPC which contend I just haven't gotten to yet, this is the one:

Spoiler: show
Drunk tan/black school girl

But yeah great game and I look forward to trying out stuff in it.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jondon » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:51 am

This game is a masterpiece! It makes you feel like you are caught by giants! Thank you so much for making this game and for all the hard work you have done i am truly grateful, i cannot give you enough praise on what an amazing job you have done.

The only thing is i prefer sm to sw but at this point i stopped caring because of how well this game is made.
Jondon
New to the forum

Postby PocketJabari » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:14 am

the mega upload link on the patreon page doesn't work for me I have tried clicking it and I have tried copy pasting the whole link but without any luck
PocketJabari
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hansony » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:25 am

PocketJabari wrote:the mega upload link on the patreon page doesn't work for me I have tried clicking it and I have tried copy pasting the whole link but without any luck

I just double checked and no issue for me when I copy past the link and make sure nothing else is included.

eatme1234 would it be ok to post the link here to for others to use?
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby rodiaspa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Foraging phase is extremely laggy on my end. Do you know what could it be?
Funny enough, the first day isn't lag at all. However I can't even play any subsequent day because of how low the performance is.
It looks like an awesome game, though!
rodiaspa
New to the forum

Postby bebopy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:50 pm

I LOVE this game, I think the Cowgirl is my favorite, I just signed up for your patreon because I'm so excited to follow this and see it's development. The game does bog down in some sections, it will get laggy during struggles and nonresponsive sometimes, once everything gets ironed out, this may well become one of my new favorite games
bebopy
Participator

Postby Draupnir7 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:59 pm

Constantly running into girls I couldn't see because of the low framerate. Any way to fix that?
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby eatme1234 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Game occasionally have some lag when running around in over world and I am a greatly against limited saves so that's slight minuses in my book but the images are really well made, the dialog that follow them are descriptive while short, I mean over all this is just amazing.

As data is loaded per save file, anytime you enter the save menu, the more save locations there are, the longer it takes to load it. I thought 25 would be that middle point of being enough saves while not causing too much loading. Also any gallery data you unlock is global, meaning you could start a new game, unlock the gallery and all the scenes you've seen from other saves will still be in there.

The only thing is i prefer sm to sw but at this point i stopped caring because of how well this game is made.

I do have plans for a playable male character. There will be 4 playable characters in total, 3 of which will be female (with varying personalities and points of view). The current version does have 2 playable female characters, although the second one doesn't have much interactions atm.

the mega upload link on the patreon page doesn't work for me I have tried clicking it and I have tried copy pasting the whole link but without any luck

Try this link here

Foraging phase is extremely laggy on my end. Do you know what could it be?

The game does bog down in some sections, it will get laggy during struggles and non-responsive sometimes

Constantly running into girls I couldn't see because of the low framerate. Any way to fix that?

The school is a pretty large map (unfortunately) and there are lots of events that spawn (the amount that is dependent on your forage skill). I made it so that events that aren't on the screen don't move or do anything to try and lighten the memory load, but that seems to have fixed some of the lag, not all of it...
eatme1234
Participator

Postby RikuHidanza » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:12 pm

its fun and it does have it laggy spots my only recommendation is to tweak how easy it is for something to become a fetish. or to at least make it so it can't happen in the middle of a battle.
Sex is like pizza. When it's good it's great, when it's bad it's better than nothing.
RikuHidanza
Participator

Postby HentaiProdigy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:42 pm

The event balancing is pretty damn wack. I've found it damn near impossible to escape the cowgirl since struggling at low tightness only moves you out about 10 points, while her pulling you in "slightly" moves you 12, not to mention that her tightness can suddenly decide to increase with 50 out of nowhere. Meanwhile, I haven't managed to lose the Lunette mini-game a single time, no matter how much I try. I even plastered Catherine by drinking alcohol every turn I could do anything, and I STILL can't lose. The fancy girl event is pretty similar, where even if I fail to block every single attack she still won't max out my arousal.

And like the others have already said, the game is ridiculously laggy, which on top of there sometimes being six plus girls in a single room makes it damn near impossible to get away, even more so when running into anything in the environment gets you stuck in place for a while before you can move again for some reason. The drunk girls can sometimes run into you with lightning speed from offscreen, the lag and input delay making it impossible to dodge away in time, but maybe that's by choice (the bumrushing, not the lag).

I don't want to just shit on the game, because it has quite a lot of potential, it just suffers heavily from how badly it runs, as well as the same thing all of these struggle games suffer from: RNG. I did like it for the most part, and I definitely like the foraging idea and such and the random events every morning (though it seems to mostly just be shops/traders popping up?), it was just pretty frustrating to play. But, fix the lag and most of the frustration would disappear, since that would make it easier to run away and move around (without causing headaches) and thus won't make the RNG events quite as frustrating, since you won't be spammed with them.

Edit: A few questions if you don't mind.
1. Is the school the only map so far? I'd assume so, but figured I'd ask.
2. Do the NPCs you can chat with spawn at set places/patterns? You have a pretty small amount of time to run through every single room looking for at least one of them, and it seems to me like there's not always someone on the map. I've only found Roxanne once for example, never again. I've talked to Amy twice, but haven't found her a third time despite looking for five consecutive in-game days.
3. Is the citizen system actually implemented yet? I haven't found a single survivor thus far.

And finally, I also noticed that the option to wiggle in the teacher event (make up excuses route) got greyed out once I reached level 6, which is kind of ironic since I could attempt it (but fail) before level 6 despite it saying that level 6 is a requirement. Now it's just greyed out, when the requirement then should technically be met.
Last edited by HentaiProdigy on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HentaiProdigy
Somewhat familiar

Postby derfinn01 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:43 pm

@HentaiProdigy
same, at some point i close the game when the busty girl or the cowgirl get me, its impossible to escape then.
and slow the drunk girl down. she is too fast

Its basic a good game ,i like to play it but with the npcs spawn so close, the fun left fast.

My question is the rooster.
Its for cheat ? level boost ?
then yes what code it give ?
derfinn01
Been posting for a bit

Postby VVV » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:47 pm

the game laggs badly during most of the fight and a fewer second after
VVV
Somewhat familiar

Postby hernextmeal » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Getting stuck in an RNG loop with too few ways to manipulate it means getting stuck in a progressively more and more laggy fight until eventually I have to close the game because it becomes unplayable.

Sucks because the scenes are really good. Any way to just cheat so I can get the scenes without constantly having to restart the game to get a good seed to get the outcome I want before fighting RNG turns the game into a laggy mess?
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby killermeow » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:52 am

Same complaints, foraging phase is laggy as hell when the rest of it is fine- some plugin making it that way maybe? Also, the balancing is bad, either it's nearly impossible to lose or it's outright impossible to win, which is a bad thing when it comes to getting caught by a girl with the latter. At least in other games of this ilk you could keep getting exp until you're finally strong enough to escape, but here the fetish system actively works against you in that you only have about 3-4 chances, if that. I get it's going for something unique, but having a system which forces a game over when someone has been trying for a half hour to desperately escape a girl and having RNG annihilate them every time, potentially losing the days progress? Not good, especially when starting out exploring. I've barely gotten a few days in because I keep hitting girls that are nigh impossible to escape from, denying me progress, any exp I had gotten from the white gloved girls, and wasting my time- to the point I just close out the game immediately when I hit one of the bad ones, knowing I can't possibly escape before it game overs me.

It's got some neat things to do, the problem is it's so insanely frustrating at the moment because you can't get exp and lose progress constantly due to the bad balancing. If the fetish system didn't exist and there was save points so you could keep grinding at a girl until you actually managed to escape, it would be a lot more forgivable- but as it stands escaping from most girls is a pipe dream early on, with no cheese method and no reliable way to outpace their various methods of pulling you in in most cases. The furthest I got out of one was 60/100 before they pulled me back in to 30 in one turn, negating 5 turns of work to get that far between wiggling out and resting. They beat me 2 turns after that, not dropping the output.

Speaking of the damage output, telegraphing a continuous attack is nice and all, but it would also be nice if Curl Up wasn't nigh useless since they tend to do it more when you're already about to lose and need to wiggle out desperately already. Plus, eating 8 depth instead of 13 or so most of the time doesn't really do much when you're wasting both your turn and still losing a good chunk of your stamina.

Alright, I'm getting too ranty- so I'll end it with this: In it's current state, the game is FAR too unforgiving starting out, I get that's what games like this go for but I always say if you want to make a game you should make it playable and fair before you make it hard. Right now it's leaning far too much into the difficulty first mentality, which makes it so frustrating to try and get into it's not worth it, you may as well play a game that is actually fun and respects the time and effort you put into it. It's nowhere near as bad about it as some of the other games I've ranted about, but it's also not in a state where a lot of people can actually do much to escape the enemies either. I could forgive the lag issues if they weren't causing me to lose control and getting into fights I can't possibly escape from, and I certainly can't forgive that those fights are far too common as it stands. Being able to avoid game overs and save between attempts would be a godsend, as you could at least grind for exp then, but the difficulty needs toned down- or some better way of escaping before you're forced into a game over needs to be an option.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VVV » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:00 am

there is also the issue that i run in to invisible girl some time that metals out of no where shows promises but the problem is that it to difficult to soon and the lag try simplify the code
VVV
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kuru » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:51 am

Echoing the sentiments already expressed. The lag plays a bit part in making the game past the first day aggravating to deal with. I think this goes hand in hand with the invisible girls and as nice as the first few encounters with each new girl are, being repeatedly ambushed by the drunken gyaru rocket zooming across the map with no way to avoid her since you couldn't see her is just a pain. Maybe lowering the number of girls present on each map considerably will help? Though I feel like it maybe has something to do with all the scripts running.

The difficulty can also be an issue. I think the fetish system maybe needs tweaking especially since it rises incredibly fast. In fact I went from unbirth straight to an extreme oral fetish in one encounter which just seems off, and led to the battle being impossible at such a low level. The amount of times I need to reload a day due to getting in an unwinnable battle, usually due to lag or invisible enemies got tiresome.

Also a minor error if you weren't aware, but when resting it often refers to your character being inside a vagina in when you're in a totally different kind of scene i.e anal, boob.
Spoiler: show
Also in the sleeping scene with Vanessa when you are trying to escape, you are unable to rest and recover stamina. This leads to essentially being locked and forced to restart restart since you have no way to progress as you can't recover stamina. All you can do is infinitely "pleasure" her which doesn't seem to do anything or wake up her up so I don't think this is something you intended.

However as others have said, this is still a great game and has a huge amount of potential, more so than any other in recent time so don't let the negativity get you down. We can all see something wonderful here.
(✿ ♥‿♥)
Kuru
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game