Shrunken Life (v0.3) [Valentina's back (and more!)]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Shrunken Life (0.25v)

Postby eatme1234 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:16 pm

As always, it seems I can't release a bug-free game ^^;. I am currently going through the various plugins and seeing which ones are causing this lag. I've made some progress (the game takes longer to finally start lagging) but it's still there so slower computers still can't keep up. Make sure to check the changelog here before posting a bug report. I will release and update once a majority of the bugs here are fixed, but most importantly when the lag is fixed.
eatme1234
Participator

Postby swish » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:14 pm

That's awesome to hear! The lag is the one thing holding this game back. Really enjoying it so far up until the lag hits.
swish
Been posting for a bit

Postby mmmooo55 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:49 am

the vore and smut gods have blessed us this day, everything i have been doing up to this point has been NULL. smut is all that matters now.
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby SquishySofty » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:53 am

This game COULD be the best after Shrinking Fun, if all of the fixes is done. Which is pretty explanatory from the whole entire thread.
Spoiler: show
The Difficulty, the intense 1 - 2 frames lag (And i thought it was my crappy computer's fault.), and the dreaded Fetishes that's goes up extremely fast and impossible to escape once reach max. Also, the game freezes if the unbirth fetish reaches max.

Believe me, i'm quite a fan of the "Shrinking" game trends like S-Fun and S-EXP, and i'll looking forward into the new builds ❤
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheStandardMan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:32 am

Hoooo, ok. Let's see here...
Latency of game; covered.
The more easy to get to scenes covered.
That leaves these then,
Grace has trouble identifying your fetish level sometimes, mainly unbirth. Works fine with the other three, albeit on rare occasions she'll neglect any fetish entirely and tell you to "Remain being a good little innocent snack-" I mean person.
Lucy's Temple scene doesn't have a defeat if you reach max depth. Just makes you go until you win. (EXTREMELY hard by the by)
Valentina's AV event throws you back into the world, then tell you "I don't think you could handle another round".
Valentina's AV event will also consistant occur since it throws you back into the world effectively locking her many scenes.
Very rarely, and I do mean rarely, in the scene between Grace and Lucy, if you escape, the game will register you escape without lucy noticing, even though she's sucking you out of Grace.
There is also a rare occurance of the game crashing when eating certain foods at night, couldn't replicate it but the berries from the forest were involved.
Foraging will effectively lock the game in to a loading screen if your stat exceeds one hundred-ish.
On very rare occurrences (only had it happen once and could not replicate) drunk gear will spawn in front of the base, locking you into the countdown and unable to move.
Amelia will sometimes be unable to gather certain spots in the forest, not sure why, and it was sporadic and inconsistent. Certain spots you couldn't gather one time, but could another. (Yes I know about the tools, but it never prop'd the text bar.)
Also a single instance of giantess lock, being stuck between three giantesses. After a few goes and wins, they suddenly disappeared. Not sure why they did, but I got free from the game ender. D:
If you lose to Grace during her sleep event, your stats will reset to your leveled assigned stats. That means any stats gained VIA bonus items are nullified and need to reapplied. (Haven't had it happen with busty girl yet might need to experiment more.)

Also; random side note for "named" giantesses";
Amy will spawn rather randomly, had a time were she was outside next to Grace, to being stuck in a bathroom with Roxanne. More often you'll find Amy in a Hallway or Side Classrooms; and rare chances in the top left of the Cafeteria.
Vanessa is a little the same as Amy but haven't seen her spawn outside. She will however spawn in the lower classrooms sometimes.
Roxanne is rather set, Both left bathroom, left side of Cafeteria, the Gym to the north and the Dinning room to the southwest.
Valentina is almost identical to Roxanne but with the addition of the second bathroom.

The end of this version seems to be "Find the lab." Which seems to be connected to Valentina, since she's glitched for me, well. Hard times (ha) ahead.
TheStandardMan
Been posting for a bit

Postby secretish » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 pm

The encounter with the teacher is currently bugged for me. When you try to make an excuse and then select the struggle option, it says level 6 is required and I can't select it even though I'm level 7. I think it may be because I ended up leveling from 5 to 7 due to a large amount of exp from the busty lady, so maybe the bonuses and/or flags for level 6 didn't happen? Either way, nice game, really looking forward to when the lag is fixed. Has some very nice content that I'm looking forward to playing.

Edit: Also, a couple of suggestions. First, it can be really easy to forget what food buffs you have, especially when loading the game after some break like sleeping or something. There should maybe be a page to show remaining food duration, or at least something in the hideout showing it.

Second, the only 2 buff slots showing in combat can be really detrimental with food buffs. For example, I can't see how long the busty lady is walking/jogging for if I have too many food buffs, making the fight quite a bit harder. Maybe increase the number of buffs that show (though I have no clue how difficult rpgmaker would make changing that), or maybe have food buffs not show up on the bar (which would go well with the page showing remaining food duration, so you could still track which buffs you have)
Last edited by secretish on Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
secretish
Been posting for a bit

Postby VVV » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:56 pm

i do have a suggest to lessen if not fix the lag decrease the range that the rendond has set that odes not mean have set the mean if make it so for example 20 different things can happen make 10 it is just a suggestion and see if you can if some one to help you with the programming issues to simplify the code.
VVV
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheStandardMan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:57 pm

The overall "lag" of the game is due to the game trying to process scripts. If I had to guess, it's just overloading the game engine with the number of details and events triggered by the "Foraging" a.k.a Luck stat. Having a soft lock on minimum number of events would help give the game on over all difficulty setting while hard locking the maximum number of allowable scripts would help with the preformance issue. However, these require consistent and continuous tweaking until it runs smoothly. Lag, it happens. Blame the internet. :oops:

Also, food does not last the full days it's suppose to. Carrot Cookies are a good example as it states 2 days, but goes away after one. Energy Bars are another good example, increasing total time from 2:3o:oo to 4:35:oo. Yet does not apply the next attempt of a run.
Additionally, icons for status aliments and buffs, as stated by secretish, will either disappear or go blank while leaving a small number at the bottom.
TheStandardMan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Skeiron » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:15 pm

This game is amazing holy shit
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NovaDragn » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:30 pm

How do you swap people so you can explore forest?
NovaDragn
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheStandardMan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:49 pm

You first need to unlock, well have Amelia join you. She comes to you after I believe twenty-five days(?). You also need to unlock the forest section which requires getting to Lucy through Grace's route. Escape from Lucy when she is doing her meditation scene. Forewarning, this is a tough and tedious task. Once you have done both, leave your base like normal and you can select [Amelia -> Forest] option instead of [Catherine -> School].
TheStandardMan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Oceansire » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:30 pm

You made it to 25 days? At 15 I'm getting less than a frame a second which is making things tricky. Are there new girls in the forest region?
Oceansire
Been posting for a bit

Postby Wanderer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:50 pm

If you have a full Oral Fetish 3 the High Class Girl will swallow you whole when you lose to her :gulp:

I also had a nightmare about being chased by a Great One and eaten, but that might have just been because of the oral fetish, dunno if it leads to anything else

i fixed the sound bug myself by making a copy of the stomachloop2 sound file and renaming it to the one in the error message 8)

I can not progress the Grace/Eva scenario, After getting pulled into Eva, she puts me back in Grace (that event fails no matter what after one action) then repeated the tug of war and I just can't get the tug of war to go to Grace

I have not found enough scrap to build shit, nor have I found lube/lotion to do the teacher scenario, seems the flag that checks levels is reversed though as i could wiggle when I was UNDER level 6, then it was grayed out when I was over it

I've been a little too distracted feeding myself to Lunette, Roxanne and the Fancy Girl to make any progress :gulp:
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NovaDragn » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Im on day 36 -.- got the revenge on lucy quest but still haven't met that other tiny to get to the forest.. hmm
NovaDragn
Somewhat familiar

Postby ProfessorWeenwhack » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:21 pm

the forest is empty in the current version, just a few things lying around that you can't do anything with yet
ProfessorWeenwhack
New to the forum

Postby TheStandardMan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:26 pm

So, I think Amelia is either related to progress from Amy quest line or level. Not too sure, was around level 10 when she showed up after talking to Amy a certain amount of times. (Yes I know I said days earlier but I am rerunning the game to get more details.)

Confirmed: Amelia will show up after you have talked to Amy 4-5 times.

The Forest is just for food items at the moment. There are no girls there that I am aware of.

For the Grace/Eva event, Eva will always be in the "Determined to keep you" mood which makes her pull you almost every turn. Easiest way to win is to use Lust and Feminine Essence. Then just struggle like your life... well struggle to get to your desires.

Dreams are based on your fetish level. You have a potential to increase your fetish level if you have one that's not maxed while sleeping. It's possible to have it occur while maxed but has no effect.
Last edited by TheStandardMan on Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
TheStandardMan
Been posting for a bit

Postby NovaDragn » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Haha yes lust essences saved me a lot of times. And Amy is Harddd to keep finding.
NovaDragn
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheStandardMan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:42 pm

If you're having problems with time, food that increases endurance will increase the total time you can run around, which helps when looking for specific NPCs. I think the earliest you can start getting food with endurance is the traders that randomly visit, most specifically the event where you trusty secretary mentions girls selling cookies.
TheStandardMan
Been posting for a bit

Postby eatme1234 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:17 pm

I've updated the game, you can find the link of the updated version in the same mega link. The main purpose of this update was to fix the lag bug, but I was able to fix many of the bugs you all have previously mentioned. Feel free to check the changelogs to see what was changed as well. The download link is the same mega link, just be sure to download 0.25b instead of just 0.25. I highly recommend starting a new save, as things may mess up later on.

If you post a bug, please tell me if it was from an old save or if you started over.
eatme1234
Participator

Re: Shrunken Life (0.25b) [Lag/Bug Fixes]

Postby Oceansire » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:14 pm

At the risk of looking stupid, where are these changelogs at? I don't see anything on the original post or in the new game file.
Oceansire
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game