Inside or outside the belly muscles?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Inside or outside the belly muscles?

Postby spanxthanx » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:10 am

When a prey is inside a stomach/belly, would they be just inside the skin or would they be under some layer of muscles? I suppose there is a factual anatomical point of view and then there is a preference regardless of the actual facts. Maybe someone here knows the medically correct answer but aside from that, let's say your reading a story, would you prefer the prey inside or outside the belly muscles? I guess this point is moot if the prey is minuscule, so let's say the prey is bigger.

I don't want to affect the answers, so I'm hiding my own opinions in a spoiler block
Spoiler: show
I think that being just inside the skin seems too fragile, like the predator isn't really in control. What if the skin breaks? But if the prey is surrounded by the pred's muscles there would be more control and also it somehow feels more claustrophobic which adds to the atmosphere.

I have read many vore stories, but I can't remember any that has decided either way on this issue. But of course maybe the author has imagined something that I didn't glean. Have you read any vore stories where the narrator is telling either way, or where you have imagined it either way? Is there a consensus on this, or differing opinions, or perhaps it's not so important? Is this one of those issues that are deal breakers for some people who have a strong preference either way?
spanxthanx
Somewhat familiar

Re: Inside or outside the belly muscles?

Postby JackSpades » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:50 am

Sooo... the medically correct answer is that the prey would rest behind the abdominal muscles. All the organs in the abdominal cavity are behind these muscles, therefore is the stomach, too.

I think most people don't ever think about it. The stomach lies behind the muscles, so the prey will, too. And why are the muscles even important? To most phagophiles the muscles don't seem to matter at all. Having the prey between skin and muscles would be another niche kink of vore.
JackSpades
Somewhat familiar

Postby spanxthanx » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:59 am

Sooo... the medically correct answer is that the prey would rest behind the abdominal muscles.

Wow, I thought they were just under the skin, this is so much better. Do pregnancies also happen behind these abdominal muscles?
spanxthanx
Somewhat familiar

Postby JackSpades » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 pm

The uterus, as all organs in this region do, lies behind the abdominal muscles. So yeah, pregnancy happens behind them, too.
JackSpades
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlimentaryArtist » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:45 pm

Yeah, medically the stomach itself is a muscle (smooth muscle, whereas the abdominal muscle is striated muscle) so you'd be behind the stomach muscle and the abdominal muscle. The outside of the abdominal cavity is covered in fascia, which is like a thin membrane separating the muscle from the organs. The stomach also sits directly beneath another muscle, the diaphragm. So really you'd be packed in by muscle. This is something I find incredibly hot and try to incorporate into role play. :D

id est: having the stomach rhythmically squeezed by the diaphragm as the pred inhales, or having the walls ripple along with the abdomen as the pred flexes or raises up out of bed.

Now as for unbirth, you're actually not dealing with the abdominal cavity, reproductive organs, along with the bladder and sigmoid colon, are contained in the pelvic cavity. This little pouch is swathed in striated muscle, the pelvic diaphragm, urogenital diaphragm and superficial perineal muscle layer make up the pelvic floor, which is the sheath of muscle that lines the bottom, back, and top of the pelvic cavity. The organs within the pelvis sit cradled in these muscles and held behind the abdominal rectus (the long-ish muscles below the abs) And again, the interior of the vagina, anus, and urethra, are themselves smooth muscle.

I definitely want to continue this in another thread on anatomically correct vore, so I hope to hear some of your opinions on it. :D
AlimentaryArtist
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aleph-Null » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:06 pm

IT should also be noted that in the case of same size, or minor size difference, the muscles would all be stretched very thin. This is why you can see babies moving during pregnancy.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:17 pm

Now, I'm going to go into detail about other types of vore.

Breast vore: Breast tissue is a combination of muscle, fat and cartilage.
Cleavage vore: All skin (technically the largest organ of all).
Tail vore: Most tails are bone, cartilage, skin and (usually) hair. Given I've never delved into this, kinda not sure how it works. >.>

Bonus Fact: Arousal is a hardening of any and all related cartilage. Genitals, nipples, the tip of your nose, sometimes, the navel...
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Peptidase » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:26 pm

Scientifically, yeah, what these guys said.
Narratively, I feel like it's a good tool for predators to be able to exert some passive control over their prey's situation, squeezing them just by sucking in their guts. I suppose it would be fun to write out a scenario where a predator gets stressed with someone in their stomach and starts unintentionally crushing them as their body tenses, only for them to get more stressed and flustered as they try to stop.

sweetladyamy wrote:Bonus Fact: Arousal is a hardening of any and all related cartilage. Genitals, nipples, the tip of your nose, sometimes, the navel...

The navel can harden while aroused. That's wild, and almost can't believe that in all my time lurking around belly fetish stuff I've never heard that. Not quite my thing, but interesting to know.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:39 am

Peptidase wrote:...The navel can harden while aroused. That's wild, and almost can't believe that in all my time lurking around belly fetish stuff I've never heard that. Not quite my thing, but interesting to know.

To be a bit more precise, it is possible for the navel to have cartilage, but not all navels do. Most of those with recessed navels ('innie') don't have navel cartilage, or if they do, it's not common. It still can be sensitive, sure.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Eznam » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:53 am

spanxthanx wrote:
Sooo... the medically correct answer is that the prey would rest behind the abdominal muscles.

Wow, I thought they were just under the skin, this is so much better. Do pregnancies also happen behind these abdominal muscles?

So is it just a school system failing or are you underage? Because this is definitely something you should know by the time you're 18
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Cuddlekins » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:23 am

You'd be surprised how many people reach adulthood with some bizarre ideas on female anatomy, especially on places like this...
***Cuddlekins Vore Stories (May contain LOLI)
***FF14 GPose Vore Comics
(Mostly macro/micro F/f, some ?/F, some monster girl same-size.)
Cuddlekins
Participator

Postby Emi » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 am

I prefer everything to be medically correct. The stomach has 4 layers: mucosa, submucosa, then a muscular layer goes (which also has 3 sublayers) and the outer layer - "serosa". That's so good feeling yourself inside such a powerful organ. Then, a peritoneum layer goes, some of visceral fat, then - ABS (which must be really strong for my pred char), then - alittle more fat and skin. This is it:)
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby coop500 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:31 am

Everyone else already pointed out that realistically the prey is behind the muscles.

Either way I prefer that, because then the pred can tighten these muscles gently and give the prey belly hugs, softly squishing them and kneading them harmlessly. Alongside outside belly rubs!
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby spanxthanx » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 am

Eznam wrote:
spanxthanx wrote:

So is it just a school system failing or are you underage? Because this is definitely something you should know by the time you're 18

Uhm, I did not even go to med school, so maybe that's why? Or did you learn stuff like that without going to med school? All this pelvic floor and whatnot stuff? Because if you did go to med school then of course you know more about your field than the average. This reminds me about "The Doctor without Borders", a Swedish surgeon from Gaza, and he hadn't gone to med school either, lol.

Anyways, looks like there are a lot of medical experts here, if a chainsaw massacre went down yall would be able to glue the pieces back together if you know what I mean. From a narrative point of view I prefer things to happen under the muscle, but I thought that there was just a layer of skin in reality. And that I might put some readers off by being anatomically unrealistic, but now that I realize that the field of medicine is taking the side of narratorial expediency I am relaxed. I guess I bigger problem is the rib cage, but for all I know that too is going to do something unexpected, and that story shall also be told. Before I know it someone's gonna tell me that the rib cage too is a muscle and can flex, facetiousness aside there has been many surprises for me on this thread that have been interesting to learn. I take it that most people imagine there to be muscles surrounding the stomach and some even have it that these could be controlled somehow. I wonder if there are any bodybuilders who exercise their stomachs, huh? If I was a comedian I would insert a joke about fat women here. Fun, interesting and amazing facts.
spanxthanx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eznam » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:47 pm

spanxthanx wrote: Uhm, I did not even go to med school, so maybe that's why? Or did you learn stuff like that without going to med school? All this pelvic floor and whatnot stuff? Because if you did go to med school then of course you know more about your field than the average. This reminds me about "The Doctor without Borders", a Swedish surgeon from Gaza, and he hadn't gone to med school either, lol.

Anyways, looks like there are a lot of medical experts here, if a chainsaw massacre went down yall would be able to glue the pieces back together if you know what I mean. From a narrative point of view I prefer things to happen under the muscle, but I thought that there was just a layer of skin in reality. And that I might put some readers off by being anatomically unrealistic, but now that I realize that the field of medicine is taking the side of narratorial expediency I am relaxed. I guess I bigger problem is the rib cage, but for all I know that too is going to do something unexpected, and that story shall also be told. Before I know it someone's gonna tell me that the rib cage too is a muscle and can flex, facetiousness aside there has been many surprises for me on this thread that have been interesting to learn. I take it that most people imagine there to be muscles surrounding the stomach and some even have it that these could be controlled somehow. I wonder if there are any bodybuilders who exercise their stomachs, huh? If I was a comedian I would insert a joke about fat women here. Fun, interesting and amazing facts.

This is just early high school science class anatomy lessons... Also your stomach *is* a muscle.

Also the general consensus on the ribcage is that they just act as though it can expand the same the skin and muscles because it's the only flexible bone in your body. Really it's the collarbone that makes no sense.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Eznam wrote:
spanxthanx wrote: Uhm, I did not even go to med school, so maybe that's why? Or did you learn stuff like that without going to med school? All this pelvic floor and whatnot stuff? Because if you did go to med school then of course you know more about your field than the average.
*snip*
I wonder if there are any bodybuilders who exercise their stomachs, huh? If I was a comedian I would insert a joke about fat women here. Fun, interesting and amazing facts.

This is just early high school science class anatomy lessons... Also your stomach *is* a muscle.

Eznam is right, that in most countries this sort of material is taught at a secondary level. However, Eznam is also being rude.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:39 am

Eznam wrote:
spanxthanx wrote:

The point of knowledge isn't to shove it in someone's face. Chill.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby threk » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:25 am

spanxthanx wrote: Uhm, I did not even go to med school, so maybe that's why? Or did you learn stuff like that without going to med school? All this pelvic floor and whatnot stuff? Because if you did go to med school then of course you know more about your field than the average. This reminds me about "The Doctor without Borders", a Swedish surgeon from Gaza, and he hadn't gone to med school either, lol.

This sort of thing is not exactly med school level I'm afraid to say. Anyway, here's a brief rundown.
Have you ever seen a picture or model or anything like the attached pic? This is roughly what humans look like without their skin. There is only a layer (thin in some places, thicker in other) of fat and connective tissue with blood vessels and nerves running through it between the skin and muscles. Make note of the muscles sitting where the abs are. All of your internal organs are called internal for a good reason, and all of the internal organs such as stomach, uterus, intestines etc. sit held in your torso/abdomen, contained by multiple layers, most durable of which (ignoring the ribs) is this layer of muscles. You can indeed control these muscles by, you know, tensing your belly, or doing any movement that involves these core muscles, hence why it pops up in vore that the pred's muscles tend to squeeze down on prey.

Yes, the rib cage does get in the way of same-size vore because bones are not that flexible/stretchy and you can't fit another person through your rib cage. We are not snakes, our jaws can only open so wide, and our rib cage forms horizontal solid loops with the bones (and some cartilage at the front) attached to each other at both our front (sternum) and back (spine), forming a solid girdle around our torso.
[image=600]https://cdn3.volusion.com/nqpvm.detql/v/vspfiles/photos/A10-1-2.jpg?v-cache=1562918090[/image]
For contrast, snakes have lower jaws not fixed together in the middle and open-fronted ribcages, so their bones can just kinda be pushed out of the way to swallow something whole without snapping anything, limted only by how stretchy the soft tissue is.
[image=600]https://previews.123rf.com/images/sparky2000/sparky20000605/sparky2000060500148/397032-a-snake-skeleton-on-display-at-a-museum-.jpg[/image]
The rib cage is not a muscle, it's just the structure formed by your rib bones, sternum and spine, although there are muscles between your ribs that expand and contract the rib cage like an accordion to make you breathe. So yes, it does kinda flex.

The stomach isn't a muscle, it's an organ, but it is very muscular, meaning it has muscles in it as well as other stuff.
[image=600]https://d2jmvrsizmvf4x.cloudfront.net/fiDqosUjQpOy52v8ZA5K_2415_Histology_of_StomachN.jpg[/image]
It's basically a bag made of 3 layers of muscle with some inner layers that produce acid/enzymes/mucus (first two digest stuff, third stops the stomach digesting itself). Yes, the stomach muscle will also squeeze down on food/prey, it's a major part of how digestion works, smooshing apart food that's been softened by the digestive juices. No, humans/the pred can't realistically control these muscles consciously, as most internal muscles are a different type of muscle from the ones in the very first picture and they're controlled subconsciously by our hindbrain. This is so that we don't have to think about keeping our internal organs running to keep us alive and die when we forget them or fall asleep.

Hope this was educational.
threk
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion