A Hungry World VN (Early Demo 1.1)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

A Hungry World VN (Early Demo 1.1)

Postby Datstrudel » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:26 am

EDIT: I have created a super early demo to begin showing my vision for this game!
I have shared a dropbox link for those who wish to see it. There are no sprites and there's no vore currently. This simply sets up the world a little and is showing my vision. Most of this demo will probably be replaced in the future. However, I want to share it. You can beat it in under a minute, so don't expect much.

I plan for this game to feature oral vore only. The planned pred pairings are F/M, F/F, M/F, M/M. (Someone showed interest in herms/futa, and I may be open to that.)
It will feature human and anthro/furry characters.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxb5ve08v2ksm ... c.zip?dl=0

Changelog:
Now features two background images and one song.
The intro is longer now.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

If the link doesn't work, let me know.

If anyone is interested in volunteering art for the game, PM me. Currently I'm unable to pay for commissions, so this is still more of a fun side project. However, I'm fully willing to try and make volunteering art worth it. If you do, it can be an OC of yours and you can dictate their role in the game to some extent. I'll also give whoever volunteers art early test access and some say on the game as well. Of course I'm not going to try and beg for art or anything. Hopefully in the coming months I can commission art, but I just want to make volunteering available so I can get a start with story and stuff. I need male and female characters (mostly preds and some prey) currently and they can be furry/anthro or human. If you don't want to volunteer sprite art, but maybe wish to discuss for future commissioning, I'm ok to discuss that, but I don't foresee me commissioning for a while.

(The old forum post)

I used Renpy back in high school to make fun little games for me and my friends. I haven't used it in a while, but I'm fairly confident that I could use it again fairly easily. So making the game and writing it would be on me.

My initial thought was to have the game have furry/anthro characters be the focus. However, I think this game should have humans and anthros mixed together. I like the idea of a coexisting society.

I have a few thoughts on the setting. I'm thinking a college/university. so the characters aged would range from 18 - mid 20s. Possibly with some professors mixed in for those who enjoy older preds.
I also thought like an office setting, since I don't think I've seen any Vore rpgs or visual novels with this setting. If you have setting ideas, definitely leave a suggestion.

For sound and music, I'd just use generic sound effects and royalty free music. (Unless someone offered to donate music. Idk if I could afford commissioning any, but who knows. I'm not worried about that yet.)

I'm not set on a story until I have my setting set in stone. So we'll come back to this.

For the backgrounds I'll just use generic backgrounds off the web. I don't think they're too important. Since this will be a fetish game sent out for free, idk about copyright issues. But do let me know what you think about this. I'm not knowledgeable in if this has legal ramifications.

Now for the hardest part. The sprites. I'd love to commission art, but I just don't have the money for this. I'm not confident in my art at all. So this is where I see this idea dying. Again, this would most likely have human and anthro characters, and I'd like to have a nice assortment of characters overall. I'd say 20 characters, with at least half being preds, but possibly more.
If you have any suggestions for what to do about art for sprites let me know. Obviously this is very much a rough idea and I don't really expect this to go beyond this.

The type of Vore in the game would be oral, same size. There may be micro prey possibly. The player would be mainly prey, although I'd probably and a few pred options throughout since I know some people like that option.

My preference is Female preds, but I will definitely have Male preds as well. I'd try to keep it evenly split. There player will be identified gender neutral most likely. I'll give them a gender neutral name so whoever plays can kind of self insert. Although, I may try and do alternate paths for male and female so you can choose your gender. Although I'm already getting too ambitious.

There will probably be multiple endings. As well as fatal digestion scenes throughout that won't be actual endings, just fails I guess.

So this is my idea. I could end up doing what I did for SATLOLF and just photo edit sprites again for art, but I don't really want to do that.

Tell me what you all think. Any suggestions at all. Again, this is just me throwing out an idea. I doubt much will come of it. I'm probably being overly ambitious.
Last edited by Datstrudel on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Idea for a Visual Novel

Postby VictorBound » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:20 am

It is illegal in most countries to use images you dont own the conpywrite or license for. that said, if you spend a bit of time you can find royalty free images all over.

thats one of the most important things I can think of.

my advice, do your best and even make simple placeholder images for now. over time, look into commisioning/making or getting people on here to volunteer art for the project.

It will take a long time, but its doable!
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:26 am

Humble bundle got a bundle for clipart. Maybe you can use that.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Persona59523 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Any chance for futa/herm or no?
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Datstrudel » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Persona59523 wrote:Any chance for futa/herm or no?

Possibly. It's not my preference, but I'm putting male preds in so I don't see why not. :D

However, I doubt this idea will go very far currently. But if it does, I'll do my best to have one or two in the game as well.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:47 pm

VictorBound wrote:It is illegal in most countries to use images you dont own the conpywrite or license for. that said, if you spend a bit of time you can find royalty free images all over.

thats one of the most important things I can think of.

my advice, do your best and even make simple placeholder images for now. over time, look into commisioning/making or getting people on here to volunteer art for the project.

It will take a long time, but its doable!

Thanks! I'll see around if anyone wants their OC's to be in the game.

And for the backgrounds, I'll probably find stock background images that are royalty free. I believe that I found some way back in the past when I tried to make a visual novel before.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: A Hungry World VN (Early Demo)

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:48 am

I have added a small demo build to the game.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:39 am

I'm quite a sucker for Ren'py visual novels like these. :-D
I've actually done (really cute) character sprites before, but i only do females n stuff. Oh well, can't wait until this project grows ❤
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anesthetic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:24 am

What does this game look like? Seriously Screen Shots people, even if your game is a text adventure, we want to know what the interface looks like.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ian66613 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:38 am

Anesthetic wrote:What does this game look like? Seriously Screen Shots people, even if your game is a text adventure, we want to know what the interface looks like.

It's a standard ren'py game. There's only one image, no actual vore occurs, you get to do one choice, and then two dialogue boxes later the choices converge into one:

Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Anesthetic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:22 am

ian66613 wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:What does this game look like? Seriously Screen Shots people, even if your game is a text adventure, we want to know what the interface looks like.

It's a standard ren'py game. There's only one image, no actual vore occurs, you get to do one choice, and then two dialogue boxes later the choices converge into one:

That room is all kinds of bonkers. What is that bed? What are those sheets? What is that blanket? There's a single picture of nothing directly over the center of the headboard like it's 1984, ludacrisly modern clock on the right when the rest of the room is old stylings.

Thanks for helping.

Also what kind of Miserable Psychopath wakes up at 5?
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:15 am

I didn't put a screenshot for the demo because it's barebones at the moment and is going to change. I do understand your frustration. I'll be putting screenshots from now on when I update.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:17 am

Anesthetic wrote:
ian66613 wrote:

That room is all kinds of bonkers. What is that bed? What are those sheets? What is that blanket? There's a single picture of nothing directly over the center of the headboard like it's 1984, ludacrisly modern clock on the right when the rest of the room is old stylings.

Thanks for helping.

Also what kind of Miserable Psychopath wakes up at 5?

The image was a copyright free placeholder I found on Google images. I'm not an artist, so this is the best I can do for the time being.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:20 am

SquishySofty wrote:I'm quite a sucker for Ren'py visual novels like these. :-D
I've actually done (really cute) character sprites before, but i only do females n stuff. Oh well, can't wait until this project grows ❤

May I see some of your sprite work? This game will feature Predominantly female preds, so I am interested in seeing some possible sprites.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Datstrudel wrote:May I see some of your sprite work? This game will feature Predominantly female preds, so I am interested in seeing some possible sprites.

Well the sprites i have there was merely a test of how i can do it to make my own project. Though, since i'm not working on it, here is an example.
(Note that this is from September 2019. A lot have changed, so this is pretty much outdated.)
Willia smug II.png
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:55 pm

SquishySofty wrote:
Datstrudel wrote:May I see some of your sprite work? This game will feature Predominantly female preds, so I am interested in seeing some possible sprites.

Well the sprites i have there was merely a test of how i can do it to make my own project. Though, since i'm not working on it, here is an example.
(Note that this is from September 2019. A lot have changed, so this is pretty much outdated.)
Willia smug II.png

Very nice.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game