How many of us are of the "human only" preference?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How many of us are of the "human only" preference?

Postby Miridium » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:26 pm

I am not into furries. But I know that a lot of people are. I also know that many furries are into vore. The latest update page in the gallery kind of proves this. I on the other hand am "human only" or at least 90 percent human when it comes to vore. I'm not criticizing furries don't even begin to think that. I'm just noting a common theme.

My question is how many vore fans are also human only?
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: How many of us are of the "human only" preference?

Postby Jayezox » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:43 pm

As someone who likes both (though the "furry" side is mostly ferals. I'm very picky with anthros) I must comment that part of the reason is it's easier to draw and write about furries. I've read comments from furry artists that they draw humans or draw them rarely because they're difficult and that's even outside the vore community. I know someone who is into a non-vore sfw roleplay scene and human characters tend to be more expensive to adopt or commission for. For role play and writing the only reason I don't write about humans very often is it's harder to be creative with them, for me at least. They take a long time to flesh out to be interesting. Most of the good interactive stories tend to be human only though so you have that.
Jayezox
---

Postby coop500 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:02 am

I prefer human or humanoid (like angels, vampires or whatever) more but I can deal with a furry pred if they fit my other preferences. Generally though if given the choice I would probably go with humanoid
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby PlatoPapel » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:12 am

I definitely wouldn't consider myself a furry, but I can enjoy furry art/writing just as much as non-furry stuff if the actual content is good. Sometimes it can even add another layer to the world-building that wouldn't be possible otherwise (i.e. preds and prey being defined naturally by species), but I still prefer artists like Malezor who draw them as 90% human.
PlatoPapel
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eznam » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:58 am

You're not gonna get any kind of tangible answers without making a poll.

If you've ever tried to draw a human, you'd know it's borderline impossible. Just look at Coop's signature. That's some decent art and yet it looks *bad* because getting the anatomy right is borderline impossible. You can draw furries anyway you like, and generally, you don't even need to draw them well, because you can cover them with fur.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AshLovehart » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:59 am

I prefer human only, myself. Because it makes the fantasy feel all the more real and exciting, where furry stuff is much harder to imagine and picture being real. I DO enjoy furry art and stories, but I am awful at RPing it. Just don't really enjoy it.
AshLovehart
Somewhat familiar

Postby BigHairyBearBelly » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:00 am

I'm human only. The furthest I'm willing to lean into furry territory is light stuff like catgirls. I can deal with a pair of cat or dog ears and a tail, sure, so long as they've got a human body. But if they're any more animalistic than that I tap out.

I think a lot of furries are into vore because the whole eat-or-be-eaten mentality just naturally meshes.
BigHairyBearBelly
New to the forum

Postby Miridium » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:15 am

Eznam wrote:You're not gonna get any kind of tangible answers without making a poll.

If you've ever tried to draw a human, you'd know it's borderline impossible. Just look at Coop's signature. That's some decent art and yet it looks *bad* because getting the anatomy right is borderline impossible. You can draw furries anyway you like, and generally, you don't even need to draw them well, because you can cover them with fur.

Not looking for "tangible" answers. Just general opinions. Don't be a dick.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby night22 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:27 am

Yeah human only is my main preference. I generally don't like furry/feral stuff but there's always the occasional exception.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mecho » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:29 am

Humans make excellent prey for humanoid preds. So, the pred need to look human one way or another. But if the pred is fully human, then it must be a prey in disguise 8)
Mecho
---

Postby Assimilation » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:06 am

Miridium wrote:
Eznam wrote:You're not gonna get any kind of tangible answers without making a poll.

Not looking for "tangible" answers. Just general opinions. Don't be a dick.

Not sure which part of Eznam's message you're viewing as dickish, since what I'd call the slightly dickish part wasn't directed towards you.

Since your question in your original post is literally "how many vore fans are also human only", the best way this gets answered is a poll. Lurkers who don't want to put time into a post will still contribute to a poll, and it's hard to accurately take stock of a thread's general leaning via reading each post compared to a poll that does all the calculations for you. I'd echo his or her recommendation to make this a poll so you can get tangible answers, i.e. answers that you can work with.

I do disagree with Eznam's point about decent human art still somehow simultaneously looking "bad", which I charitably would interpret as "odd" or "off". Vore art isn't about proportions or body parts looking real to me, it's about depicting a scenario that jogs my imagination. The "ease" of drawing furries compared to humans, or writing for them creatively, seems like an out-of-left-field interpretation as to why there are so many anthropomorphic characters in vore.

The way I see it, I prefer humans to furry characters because I get off to sociopathic human behavior—arrogance, betrayal, cruelty, all of those elements found in the seedy underside of the complex of civilized human society—and furry art often doesn't focus on that, highlighting instead the physical sensations of those animal parts (the furry mane, the fluffy paws, the smooth scales, etc.) and such. That being said, I do stray from my typical human-only searches for furry art specifically from artists whom I know also like to do deep dives on the human condition despite frequently drawing semi-human characters: shoutout to Fidchell, Ursa, and Jaggedjagd on that note.

Miridium wrote:The latest update page in the gallery kind of proves this.

Also, what update are you referring to?
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MementoMori » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 am

I wanted to say, MikeyJ1992 made a vore community poll, which you can view the results of the previous voters on, here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Qpw4Sf ... ested=true

From the looks of those who voted, it does still seem like a majority of people favor humans/humanoids on Eka's. Personally I enjoy both humans/humanoids and furries in vore, so I'm not in the humans/humanoids-only camp myself, but I just thought I'd share this in case it'll help add some insight for you. ^^
[ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ]
MementoMori
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MrGrimlock » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:47 am

If it isn't human, or something very close in appearance to one, I don't even want to see or hear it. Get it. The hell. AWAY from me.
MrGrimlock
Somewhat familiar

Postby Pickyfanboy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:12 am

The pred is the only thing that really matters to me: As long as the pred is humanoid, female, and of age, I'm fine
Pickyfanboy
Been posting for a bit

Postby ItsSongxing » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:32 am

I wouldn't say I'm human(oid) only, per se, but I'm definitely strongly leaning towards humanoids. If they match my wide-reaching tastes, then I'll like 'em; but my dick likes humans more, so it's a lot easier for me to write humanoids, and writing is what I do, so I don't actually have any furry OCs.

yet
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby Krovennan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:11 am

I tend to only play humans, as I've yet to be sufficiently enticed to do otherwise, but Pred-wise, long as it's vaguely a female humanoid (this includes taurs or such), and is somewhat attractive I will gladly play with it.

If I wanna fuck her, I wanna feed her.
Krovennan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Emi » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:48 am

Me:)
Also accepting humanoid preys: mermaids, fairies etc.
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby Birichino » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:43 am

Humanoids are preferable, but inhuman maws/physiology can be a nice change. Maybe why kemonomimi are my favorite.
I'd rather not see feral bodies, and both pred and prey must be sentient, though.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby DancingQueen6281 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:33 am

While I do sometimes dip into monster material, I need to be in a very specific mood. Generally speaking it's humans (or humanoid) I like, for both pred and prey.
DancingQueen6281
Participator

Postby Siuddithsi » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:14 pm

I'm not into fur and muzzles. I like the lewd aspect of vore and the thought of having all that fur in my mouth (as well as kissing someone with a muzzle) is a turn off. But playboy bunny or neko type with furry ears and tail but the rest is hairless with a human face is good. Note that elves and other near humans count as human in my fantasies.
Siuddithsi
---

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion