Mainstream Vore Puns: Your Thoughts?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Are vore puns in media by non-vorarephiles good or bad?

They're good stuff
19%
They're good if not malicious
14%
Depends on context or content creator
32%
I'm indifferent
8%
I'm not fond most of the time
15%
I'm *really* not fond
12%

Total votes : 59

Mainstream Vore Puns: Your Thoughts?

Postby TaciturnTiger » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:39 pm

So I was watching a video on YouTube minutes ago, a retrospective on the R4 card for the Nintendo DS, when the host hoped her viewers had a happy Thanksgiving. Imagine my pleasant surprise when one of her closing words was, and I quote (thank you closed captioning): "I hope you guys stuff yourselves silly with food... that's not a vore joke"!

With furry already becoming more and more mainstream, other internet cultures and even kink communities are coming into a more positive light. I've seen plenty of videos made by Clemps, a video game commentator who specializes in RPGs and is pro-sensuality/pro-identity, crack jokes that referred to vore. Examples include: poking fun at the opening cutscene of Dark Cloud with what I assume is a dramatic reading of a poorly-written vore story; him making an off-comment about a hero in Octopath Traveller trying to not get eaten by a giant snake boss; his description of dying in the free sections of old-school Runescape, in the effort to get to Camelot earlier than intended, as being "vored by wolves".

The thing I love about that is the fact that the jokes I've seen? They've been indifferent at worst, and are usually held in an entertaining and non-malicious way by non-vorarephiles. I only have Clemps' examples and the YT video that triggered this idea as examples, with a vore pun by a furry-adjacent YouTuber as my only other ones I've seen. So what do y'all think of this? Aside from the poll and any comments to this thread, I'm also interested to see any other vore references made by non-vores if you know of them.
TaciturnTiger
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Mainstream Vore Puns: Your Thoughts?

Postby Mawsome » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:14 pm

Mr. Regular (known for RegularCarReviews, and a known associate of the furry community) snuck this gem into one of his reviews a while back.
Mawsome
Been posting for a bit

Postby Voreforever » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:08 pm

There’s been a few times I’ve seen big youtubers reference vore as an action. In one of the FNAF lore videos, Matpat talks about how The Springtrap suit ‘vored’ Purple guy. TheOdd1sOut also did a video about fables, where he discusses how a fox ‘vored’ a chicken
Voreforever
Participator

Postby Tetrahedra » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:23 pm

They're pretty much just not funny to me. It's not even like "haha don't make fun of me," it's just not funny period? Also can't stand "vore" being used as a verb and they usually do that so it's double eye rolly.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby EverettTheRed » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:45 pm

For the longest time I thought no one in the community actually used "vore" as a verb, and it still is my go to for spotting trolls. That said I don't think I've seen anyone make a joke, other than using "vore is a thing that exists", anywhere outside of a vore circle.
EverettTheRed
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:22 pm

If it's a joke about the word vore, it's automatically tasteless and lame. Pun intended. There are no good jokes about the word itself. They're all bad, I'm sorry.

Any other jokes are fine though.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Tassie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:21 am

I feel like making a joke about 'vore' is automatic wrong because it assumes we're all the same.

It would be like saying someone was into 'government' and then ridiculing them for it. Just the label doesn't say anything about their level of involvement or what their alignment is.
Are they pushing to get elected to sue for massive bureaucratic changes, or do they just listen to the radio while they drive to work, trying to get the news, but news channels don't seem to understand there's more to life than elections?
Are they indifferent liberal or murderously violent conservative extremist? Do they expect their Caliphate to soon rule the globe? Do they expect fair-minded democracy to eventually win hearts and minds the world over? Are they an iron-fist monarchist hoping that their favorite despot will seize control of their own country and then conquer the entire planet?

Obviously, I'm into 'vore', but honestly, you can't know me; not from a superficial label.
I don't know why this bothers me so much. Sorry.
Tassie
Participator

Postby coop500 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:25 am

Tetrahedra wrote:They're pretty much just not funny to me. It's not even like "haha don't make fun of me," it's just not funny period? Also can't stand "vore" being used as a verb and they usually do that so it's double eye rolly.

Mostly to the vore as a verb part, yeahhh it's just kinda, wince worthy for me.
Having said that though it is nice to see normal folk not treating us like cannibals and stuff, that's nice. Hell as of late normal folk have been kinder to me than in the vore community lol.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Jamjo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:33 pm

I like seeing it as long as it isn't malicious. I'm not big on most puns, but in general humor, I think it's important to be able to acknowledge and *own* the absurdity of our interest. Not to say anything about just not finding it funny yourself, but denying that there's humor to be found in something as absurd as this comes across as in denial and in a way unhealthy, to me at least.

The youtuber behind the channel YourMovieSucksDOTorg also has an alt channel Adumplazethroughs that he uploads his streams too, and one time (can't remember the episode) he and his friend were playing Resident Evil 6, they got to a scene were a mutant dinosaur thing eats a character and they laughed suggesting it was for one of their frequent/active watchers who by the sound of it was/has been open about his kink in chat. It wasn't judgemental in the least
Sorry the only one I got is pretty obscure xD (and also not a pun, since that seemed to be the focus)
Jamjo
Participator

Postby ShamelessWriter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:18 am

They're pretty funny if they're pulled off right, and it's fun to laugh along without others knowing about it being a subject that's rather close.

It's good to laugh at ourselves, and vore itself is so inherently ridiculous that other people both out, and in the fetish community can find something about it that's worth their time to poke fun at.
ShamelessWriter
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion