Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/12/30

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/12/30

Postby chemicalcrux » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:27 pm

Overview

I've been working on four text-based browser games, all with a heavy focus on vore, for some time now, and thought I'd share them with y'all.

The games are cross-platform, including both desktop and mobile, and should work in Chrome and Firefox.

Games

Stroll
v1.1.2 - last updated 2019-12-30

player pred, macro

Stroll is a procedural macro/vore game with a lot of character customization and just as many ways to impose yourself on the tinies. It covers pretty much every flavor of vore, and handles scales from normal-size to multiverse-spanning. It also runs the gamut from non-violent to extra-gory, depending on your personal taste.

It currently needs more diversity in its descriptions; most of the actual features are already there.

Feast
v0.2.9 - last updated 2019-12-20

player pred, player prey

Feast is an RPG with plenty of vore mechanics. You can wander around the world, encounter monsters, and either eat them or be eaten.

I'm going to be retooling quite a lot of it, but there's a decent bit of stuff to do already (all involving eating or getting eaten).

The game leans more towards being eaten, with a number of unique enemies being inedible.

Gorge
v0.1.0 - last updated 2019-12-30

player pred, macro

Gorge is like Cookie Clicker, but with people. It's rather silly, and isn't particularly fetishy. Yet, at least.

There's still plenty of work to do (particularly when it comes to balance), but it has lots of flavor text, and you can eat multiverses :-D

Satiate
v0.1.2 - last updated 2019-12-02

player prey

Satiate is a text adventure engine with support for sound - lots of sound. The only story available right now is about getting swiftly digested by Fen (which has some nuance to it!); I'll most likely start adding more content after the engine gets more features.

It currently handles things like timed events, stats for the player and for individual rooms, and conditionally available movements/actions. Sound is choppy on some phones, unfortunately.

Updates

I work on these games erratically, so updates just happen when they happen.

Nightly builds (so-called because they're updated every night) are available, reflecting the latest changes that I've committed for each game. They might be unstable or downright unplayable - but I generally try to avoid committing broken code!

Bugs in the latest stable version might be fixed in the nightly version, so have a look at the commit logs (linked below) to see if I've already corrected the issue.

I don't think I'll be putting patch notes on here - see below for a link to 'em all.

Downloads?

There are no downloads for these games, as they're all browser-based. I'm thinking of packaging them up into something can be downloaded and played offline, but I haven't spent much time on that yet.

The normal versions of the games can be found here:

crux.sexy

The nightly versions of the games can be found here:

crux.sexy/nightly

Changelogs for all of the games can be found here:

crux.sexy/changelog

Changes in the nightly versions that haven't made it into a release yet are available here:

crux.sexy/commits

Discord

I run a Discord server for all of my games. Each game has channels for nightly and standard updates, which get pinged automatically as I work. There are also rooms for discussion and bug reports. Drop by if you're interested in following the development of these games.

Join here!
Last edited by chemicalcrux on Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 13 times in total.
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit

Re: Stroll / Feast / Gorge / Satiate - Text-Based Vore Games

Postby Nikkidafox » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:06 pm

Having played all of these, it's nice to see most of them are at least acknowledged. I don't know the last time I've seen satiate get the least bit of updating.
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby chemicalcrux » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:23 pm

somedude601 wrote:Having played all of these, it's nice to see most of them are at least acknowledged. I don't know the last time I've seen satiate get the least bit of updating.

Indeed, I only recently got back to work on the games. I've got a much more organized way to distribute information about updates now, at least, so it'll be easier to tell when stuff's added in the future :P
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit

Postby Lapisthegardevoir » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:08 pm

I'll have to give these a go sometime! I've been itching to try out more text-adventure games and these all sound VERY promising! Satiate sounds especially enticing! Belly noises are always nice for a vore/ belly centric game~
Just a Beb doing Bebbish things~
Lapisthegardevoir
New to the forum

Postby chemicalcrux » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:19 pm

Lapisthegardevoir wrote:I'll have to give these a go sometime! I've been itching to try out more text-adventure games and these all sound VERY promising! Satiate sounds especially enticing! Belly noises are always nice for a vore/ belly centric game~

Glad to hear c:

I have plans to add a "story" to Satiate that's just a configurable belly sound maker. Couple switches for turning different parts on and off, along with volume. Would actually be doable right now..
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:59 pm

Feast is pretty cool. Certainly looking forward to more.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Tetrahedra » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:27 pm

Stroll is definitely my favorite of the bunch. I'm not usually huge into macro, but it's great. I love how much customization and detail there is.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby chemicalcrux » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:35 pm

Tetrahedra wrote:Stroll is definitely my favorite of the bunch. I'm not usually huge into macro, but it's great. I love how much customization and detail there is.

It's certainly the most fleshed-out game of the lot.

Now that I have most of the character customization options implemented, I think I'll spend some time cleaning up the existing code, then move on to lots of writing.
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Gorge began to lag hard and take up a ton of computer memory around the point I bought a continent. Like, >1GB of memory, more than professional big studio games with AI and graphics.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chemicalcrux » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Revx_Z wrote:Gorge began to lag hard and take up a ton of computer memory around the point I bought a continent. Like, >1GB of memory, more than professional big studio games with AI and graphics.

Hmm, I'm not seeing that on my end - the javascript heap never gets beyond a few dozen megabytes as I buy out all of the upgrades and buildings. The entire tab is sitting around 170MB, according to Chrome's task manager.

What browser and platform (windows 10/android/etc.) are you using to play the game?

(if the issue isn't easy to work out, hop on the discord and I can try to sort it out there)
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:08 am

i had manual digestion enabled in stroll but the game kept autodigesting the people i stuffed inside me
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:03 am

Yeah, Manual Digestion just gives you a button that lets you digest everyone immediately instead of having to wait for them to digest individually. Doesn't turn off auto-digest. To do that, you have to set the game to non-fatal. It still lets you digest manually, but it won't do it automatically anymore.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:16 am

well, i also have it set to non-fatal and it still auto-digests
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chemicalcrux » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:00 am

Fatality is unrelated to whether or not digestion is automatic. It controls the descriptions you get for each action.

Set the digestion time to zero seconds to prevent automatic digestion.

I'll have to work out a nicer way to configure that.

Edit: Automatic digestion is now toggleable on the nightly version.
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Feast seems to ignore my enable/disable/prefer settings with anything other than generic characters.

Correction: enable/disable/prefer don't seem to do anything other than increase or decrease the odds that specific types of vore happen, but even with disables in play vore of that type will still sometimes happen.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chemicalcrux » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:Feast seems to ignore my enable/disable/prefer settings with anything other than generic characters.

Correction: enable/disable/prefer don't seem to do anything other than increase or decrease the odds that specific types of vore happen, but even with disables in play vore of that type will still sometimes happen.

Hmm, it's possible that I missed some of those. Are you playing the stable release, https://feast.crux.sexy , or the nightly release, https://feast.crux.sexy/nightly ?
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:45 pm

chemicalcrux wrote:
Hmm, it's possible that I missed some of those. Are you playing the stable release, https://feast.crux.sexy , or the nightly release, https://feast.crux.sexy/nightly ?

Stable, I think.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chemicalcrux » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:
chemicalcrux wrote:

Stable, I think.

Which enemies are doing it? I'll see if I can have a look at them all tomorrow, but that'd be helpful.
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:44 pm

chemicalcrux wrote:Which enemies are doing it? I'll see if I can have a look at them all tomorrow, but that'd be helpful.

It's not which enemies *are* it's that there's no change if you set it to Avoid

The only one I've seen go through disable is the wyrm, who will cock vore you with Cock Vore off.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chemicalcrux » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:
chemicalcrux wrote:Which enemies are doing it? I'll see if I can have a look at them all tomorrow, but that'd be helpful.

It's not which enemies *are* it's that there's no change if you set it to Avoid

The only one I've seen go through disable is the wyrm, who will cock vore you with Cock Vore off.

Right, I was looking for which ones were misbehaving.

Each action in the game has a set of conditions attached to it, and one of the most common conditions is that the target must allow that kind of action. So all of the oral vore moves should check if the target allows oral vore - this works both ways!

I must've just forgotten to set those properly for the wyvern.

I'll see if I can fix that for an 0.29 release. Thanks!

Edit: It looks like the wyvern wasn't capable of actually performing cock vore, but was capable of grinding against you. I've made the latter depend on the player's cock vore preferences, and added some alternative grapple moves to keep things working in that situation.
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game