How big is a tiger's stomach?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How big is a tiger's stomach?

Postby Nipatie » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:28 am

This may not be the right forum, but I don't have any better idea, so here's hoping, lol.

So I just learned that tigers IRL are about 11 feet long on average. Naturally, this got my brain turning, and I couldn't help but think about how big that would make their stomachs? i.e. are they big enough to hold a person? Part of me expects a flat out no, but I was wondering if anyone out there might actually know some rough numbers since I have NO IDEA where I could find such information.
Nipatie
New to the forum

Re: How big is a tiger's stomach?

Postby nutritious » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:19 am

I dont know how reliable this is but when you google tiger anatomy you sure find some hints. e.g. this one https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1f/70/d6 ... acc7c4.jpg
But then again the max possible volume might be more interesting. for a human stomach I found it could contain up to four liter but more interestingly 50 times its empty volume https://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/Jo ... heng.shtml
so since math is not my forte, but then again I guess Mowgli would just fit in fine :)
nutritious
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nipatie » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:12 am

So using the image shown, and since you brought up Shere Khan let's use a Bengal tiger, cause why not, I think yes, a human could theoretically fit inside a tiger. So Bengal tigers are actually a little smaller than that number I found at about 2.9 m. That image you found shows that the stomach takes up roughly 1/8 of the tigers size. And here is where the math gets a bit shaky. Let's assume the stomach is roughly a sphere to make math easy.

1/8 × 2.9m = .3625 m (diameter of Stomach)
.3625m ÷ 2 = .18125 m (Radius of Stomach)
.18125 m × 100 = 18.125 cm (Radius in cm)
4/3 × π × 18.125^3 ≈ 24941.5 cm^3 (Volume in Cubic Centimeters)
24941.5 cm^3 ÷ 1000 = 24.9415 L (volume in liters)

Average volume of a human is 65.22 L according to Harvard
https://bionumbers.hms.harvard.edu/bion ... &id=109718
Now I couldn't find anything about if tigers stomachs could hold more than their empty volume like humans can. But since humans have such a high multiplier, I think it's safe to assume most animals would have sone kind of multiplier. And a Bengal tiger would only need a multiplier of roughly 2.6 to fit a human. So, in theory (and others are encouraged to bring evidence to contradict me) but I think a human could fit within a tiger's stomach.
Nipatie
New to the forum

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:40 pm

The stomach of most quadruped animals is not spherical (exceptions exist such as the frog for one example), but are close to that in shape. Yes, a person could potentially fit inside the stomach of many quadruped animals...

Thing is, getting the person in them is not so easy, well, whole anyway.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Mukat » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:44 pm

sweetladyamy wrote:The stomach of most quadruped animals is not spherical (exceptions exist such as the frog for one example), but are close to that in shape. Yes, a person could potentially fit inside the stomach of many quadruped animals...

True, but this is fantasy, so we can stretch reality a little bit and allowing things that otherwise aren't possible.

Especially when we're dealing with cartoon tigers ;)
Mukat
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:21 pm

A quick google showed a tiger could eat up to about 40 pounds of meat at once which would last for a few days. Naturally I'm assuming this is all meat, and assuming human flesh weight about the same as any other random meat: no, no they could not. You gotta go with unnatural stretchiness even if the human is turned into a smoothie first.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nutritious » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:50 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:A quick google showed a tiger could eat up to about 40 pounds of meat at once which would last for a few days. Naturally I'm assuming this is all meat, and assuming human flesh weight about the same as any other random meat: no, no they could not. You gotta go with unnatural stretchiness even if the human is turned into a smoothie first.

congrats for crushing dreams
nutritious
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:32 pm

Mukat wrote:
sweetladyamy wrote:The stomach of most quadruped animals is not spherical (exceptions exist such as the frog for one example), but are close to that in shape. Yes, a person could potentially fit inside the stomach of many quadruped animals...

True, but this is fantasy, so we can stretch reality a little bit and allowing things that otherwise aren't possible.

Especially when we're dealing with cartoon tigers ;)

Very shrewd, Mukat. :lol: :wink:
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby darthkomar » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:40 am

"In the wild tigers and lions will gorge up to one hundred pounds at one sitting and then fast for many days."

Which is 45.36kg for vast majority of us, which is well within the realms of possibility for a tiger to fit a smaller human inside their stomach :)
darthkomar
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion