VoreDBS [VX ACE] (Script in Demo)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: VoreDBS [VX ACE] (Script in Demo)

Postby polyedit2000 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:06 am

That's correct. Under execute_damage and regenerate_all, I commented out the exit animations as I figured if the prey is broken down there wouldn't be a proper exit for them.

Anyway, here's a snippet to add an animation to the pred if they defeat a prey through digestion, separate from an exit animation. The tag on pred is <FinishAnime: ani_id> . Animations on dead prey only play sounds, so there is no need for a second number.

This snippet is now part of the updated script
Last edited by polyedit2000 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby paperairplaneclip » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:29 am

Awesome, thanks! I'll try it out :D

Also, I found a bug; If an enemy's skill such as Belly Drum or Belly Dance kills their prey before digestion damage is applied,
and you have other heroes alive in your party, the script acts up:

The enemy pred instantly re-swallows the same (dead) character after the digestion damage tick.
From that point, digestion damage is dealt to the all other members in your party (party members don't have the vore state at all).
If the pred re-casts the Belly Drum/Dance spell afterwards, the pred deal the spell's damage to both themselves and all the member your party.

Cheers :)

Edit: The bug mentioned above is from before I added the snippet, so shouldn't be related specifically to it.
paperairplaneclip
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:55 am

Well, hello there!
Turbotowns
???

Postby polyedit2000 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:04 am

Hello there.

Anyway, I checked the script. It turns out that I had a different requirement for execute damage. I went ahead and uploaded the new Script on the first post (the Demo is not updated), plus I decided to incorporate the Digest Switches, Finish Anime and Healgestion snippets into the main script.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:17 am

I do have an inquiry.

Is this compatible with the likes of Yanfly's Battle Engine?
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby polyedit2000 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:43 am

I do not know. This is called the Vore DBS because it was built with the DBS in mind. I will try it out in a bit.

Edit: No. Placing this after Yanfly nullifies damage. Placing this before Yanfly messes up targeting. That being said, will look through the script out of curiosity.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby paperairplaneclip » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:17 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:Hello there.

Anyway, I checked the script. It turns out that I had a different requirement for execute damage. I went ahead and uploaded the new Script on the first post (the Demo is not updated), plus I decided to incorporate the Digest Switches, Finish Anime and Healgestion snippets into the main script.

Cool, I'll try the new script, you're awesome!
paperairplaneclip
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:14 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:...This is called the Vore DBS because it was built with the DBS in mind...

Wait, what is the DBS?

(I thought that was just a namesake)
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby TheFetishBeast » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:19 pm

@sweetladyamy: Default Battle System. As in, the built-in battle system of RPG Maker VX Ace.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:32 am

Two things: One, the targeting against troops (index of whole group) version index of party (index of current group) is different, so I fixed and updated the script. The party should now be able to target themselves properly.

Second, I have the Yanfly version of this script up too. May have to update a few more things, but this should work. One of the bigger differences is that I removed the tags for the actor battlers; you can use the Pred/Prey Battler tags for faces instead.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby paperairplaneclip » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:06 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:you can use the Pred/Prey Battler tags for faces instead.

Does that mean it's possible to change a prey's face graphic using tags?

Also, I'm having a hard time getting the new script to work, my allies don't properly get vored by an enemy and the battler's graphic doesn't get changed (Is that part of the change mentioned above?)
But more importantly, the vored allies do not take digestion damage, and they can still get attacked by anyone even if they are vored (And I'm not using the outside-belly).

That leads me to believe the vore doesn't really get applied at all (Only the VoreState is applied, which gets applied by the game instead of the script)
paperairplaneclip
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:11 pm

First, did you set up VORESTATE to be the id of the state you're using? Second, did you apply the Vore state through the skill's features (not the formula box).
And third, did you get the correct script? (For Yanfly, use the Yanfly version). Anyway, the Vore state is currently applied through the skill, not the state itself to make it easier to locate the pred. And sometimes, you may want to save to activate your settings.

Because I'm testing and updating both versions, I do not see that issue. However, you can screenshot me the top of the script and the skill you're using to show me the set up.

Also, make sure to download the latest version of the scripts for fixes.

---

For your other Questions:

In Yanfly's version, place <PreyBattler: actor_id name index> or <PreyBattlerAllies: actor_id name index> on the pred. With how things are set up, PreyBattler makes the change if the prey is the opposite of the pred (enemy/actor) and PreyBattlerAllies if they are allies (actor/actor), hence if you place PreyBattler on an Enemy, the prey would be the Actor so they will get faces. This feature is not in the DBS version yet. Also, Yanfly version updated (DBS version uses battlers only, so one line erased from Yanfly version to prevent face/battler conflicts).
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby paperairplaneclip » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:06 pm

My bad, you're right on the dot with that ^^; That's exactly what my problem was, I forgot to edit the VORESTATE ID, I'd completely forgot that I did that with the first script. Thanks!

Edit:
polyedit2000 wrote:This feature is not in the DBS version yet.

By yet, do you mean that plan to implement it at some point? That would be amazing if it's not too much effort. (I'm using things incompatible with YF Battle System)
paperairplaneclip
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheFetishBeast » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:05 am

Hello there! Sorry if OP isn't around anymore and won't make anymore updates to this script but there's something I'd like to be added. Something I believe is already halfway in there.

Okay, so, there's this one Notetag in the script called <Glutton> (or <Glutton: max_prey>). It allows a predator to eat an infinite amount of prey (Or a set amount) instead of just one. This is really cool and all but wouldn't it be cool if there was also a, shall we call it, <Bulk> Notetag? A Notetag that you put on a prey that makes them count as more than just one prey. For example, a predator has the <Glutton: 4> Notetag and a prey has the <Bulk: 3> Notetag. The predator would be able to eat the prey but if another prey with the same bulk appears then the predator wouldn't be able to eat that one until they either digest or release their current prey. Another example, a predator with <Glutton: 8> has one prey with <Bulk: 4>, one prey with <Bulk: 2> and two prey without <Bulk>. Would this be possible to add?

Theoretically speaking, would it then not be possible to use this as a, what i like to call, bulk system (Or maybe size system?)? Each actor and enemy (Maybe set via class too?) have their own size (<Bulk>) and the predator needs a high enough stomach size (<Glutton>) in order to be able to devour them. A human has a size of 100 for example with a stomach size of 20. They might be able to eat a fairy with a size of 15 but wouldn't be able to eat one of their own kind. Additionally, a centaur has a bulk of 300, if not more, but their stomach size is only 50. A lamia on the other hand has a bulk of 200 but their stomach size is 300 due to their stomach being able to stretch much further (These are, of course, just examples). Wouldn't this be possible? I mean, all that's needed is to set the size of the prey, right?

If this can be done then I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: By the way, how would I go about making a skill target all prey in a single belly?
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:28 pm

This is really cool Polyedit. I started to muck around a little making a combat with a lot of states and the like.

Did run into a weird situation, Don't know if there already is a way around it or if it was an oversight. For the record I may just be a complete derp and not realize how to do it.

How would one combine StateWhenFull with Glutton in a way so that it applies the full only when glutton have reached it's max?
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby polyedit2000 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:46 pm

To Fetish Beast: It may be possible. Also, I believe <TargetBelly> does that (whereas <TargetBellySingle>

To DarkPinkie: As it is, a pred is considered full if it has a prey, regardless of count. You may have to modify the skill_sealed part to run a count.

However, I'm not sure I will continue development with the Ace version.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby DarkPinkie » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:34 am

polyedit2000 wrote:However, I'm not sure I will continue development with the Ace version.

That is fair enough. I nearly smashed my skull in trying to wrangle the VDBS to work the way I wanted. Especially since it seems to clash with Hime's scripts (notably the permastate one). So in the end I gave up. A neat concept, and a great tool for simpler stuff. May check out the MV / MZ one in the future.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby TheFetishBeast » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:45 am

Hey, Polyedit, you still around? Say, is there any way that I could persuade you to get back to working on this script? I'm working on a pretty big project right now and I really want to use this script for that but, unfortunately, this script is really not working. I'm coming across a ton of problems and, being as inept at scripting as I am, I can't figure out how to fix any of them.

First of all, I've noticed that the updated script and the one available in the demo are not the same. Funny thing is, the old one in the demo actually works better than the updated one. Unfortunately, the old one doesn't have all the features that I want to use (Namely, <DigestRemove> and <DigestGameOver>).

The main issue with the updated script is killing a predator that has devoured a prey (This issue happens regardless of whether the actors and/or enemies are predators and/or prey). Let's use an example scenario. Four actors and two enemies. The actors are prey and the enemies are predators. The two enemies devour one actor each. The remaining two actors attack one of the enemies and successfully kill it. This should allow the devoured actor to escape but that's not guaranteed to happen. First of all, the ending result depends on whether or not the predator is healed (<DigestAbsorb>) while digesting. If the predator does restore health while digesting and is killed, it will be revived at the end of the turn (Unless all enemies are slain, in which case the battle ends). On the other hand, if the predator does NOT restore health while digesting and is killed, the game seems to have a hard time knowing which prey should be released. Sometimes the correct prey is realeased but sometimes both prey are released (I haven't found a reliable way to recreate that result but it feels like a 50/50).

Any chance you could take a look at this and figure out what's wrong? I really want to use this script. I have considered and even attempted to create my own VoreDBS system using multiple skills, states and common events but this has proven to be nigh-on impossible. Thanks in advance.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby Enteresting » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:07 am

DarkPinkie wrote:
polyedit2000 wrote:However, I'm not sure I will continue development with the Ace version.

That is fair enough. I nearly smashed my skull in trying to wrangle the VDBS to work the way I wanted. Especially since it seems to clash with Hime's scripts (notably the permastate one). So in the end I gave up. A neat concept, and a great tool for simpler stuff. May check out the MV / MZ one in the future.

Apologies to briefly resurrect this topic, but could I get a link to the MV one if there is one available please?
Enteresting
Participator

Previous

Return to Vore game