Suffocation

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Suffocation

Postby iuliachiaru » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:20 am

Hi, I like to think about what it would more or less realistically feel like to be swallowed and inside a stomach. Before any real digestion would happen, the prey will suffocate. But what would suffocation actually feel like? I is like when you try and hold your breath, gasping, would it consist of inhaling a lot of gastic juices (don't think so as it will not be full, I suppose, when just swallowed).

Some types of gases, CO2 or CO I believe, make you just fall asleep. You'd be using oxigen up, and exhaling CO2 - so I believe there should be no suffocation feeling, and you'd drift to unconsciousness?

I'd like to hear from anyone with some scientific insight - thanks!
iuliachiaru
New to the forum

Re: Suffocation

Postby Base54 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:02 pm

The way I believe this to happen is something more akin to somebody loosing oxygen in a heated car, albeit faster and with much less space. They would begin to hyperventilate from being in such a claustrophobic environment and would burn through their oxygen supply. Their internal organs, more so the heart, lungs and brain, will try to compensate with this lack of oxygen, but since all of these organs require oxygen to survive, I believe they will begin to die and shut down. Without blood circulation, oxygen, or anything else, the prey will eventually suffocate and pass out. One thing I see when this way of digestion is used is the prey will likely die far before digestion can kill them the suffocation taking a deadly toll. Either way, this is a really long and drawn response that probably shouldn't exist.
Base54
Been posting for a bit

Postby FloozyFox » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:04 pm

CO2 is the gas that tells your lungs "you need to exhale again bro". CO doesn't do that. There will be definitely an intense feeling of suffocation causing hyperventilation because breathing only produces CO2 and no CO as far as I'm aware. You'll quickly pass out after your panic attack although you'll probably feel pain from the gastric juices you are sitting in right away. You ever had heartburn? That's stomach acid going up your esophagus, making it sore. It's probably not gonna be as bad on your skin, but it's definitely not a nice experience and certainly not simply falling asleep.

Since we are talking about this in the context of vore, the pred will probably burp to release the excess air that was swallowed along with you, which will make you asphyxiate much faster as the only air you can breath is the one you had in your lungs. But in this case, faster doesn't mean more pleasant, just sooner.
FloozyFox
New to the forum

Postby C107galaxytachyon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:28 pm

Funnily enough, what I find far more fascinating is when the prey SHOULD normally fall victim to this sorta-stuff near immediately, yet don’t: and more importantly, are still somehow able to bring fresh oxygen in via there respiratory system, even after their entire encompassment in the organs’ gastric acids.

Of course, I’m mostly speaking purely in regards to non-fatal scenarios, where the prey in question isn’t digested either (for better or worse), and simply must deal with the ensuing whiplash resulting from their continued respiration even in the continued absence of air, or anything else remotely oxygen rich for that matter.
C107galaxytachyon
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:42 pm

If you've ever been into surgery where they have to render you unconscious, they usually give you a gas mask. Since you're not breathing oxygen in any level of concentration for about ten seconds, you pass out. Of course, the mask is removed afterwards because otherwise you would asphyxiate in a matter of seconds. Asphyxiation is asphyxiation; when one passes out from it, it happens the same way. Fuzzy, tingly and possibly low-level hallucinogenic effects.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby SomeStranger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:39 am

sweetladyamy wrote:If you've ever been into surgery where they have to render you unconscious, they usually give you a gas mask. Since you're not breathing oxygen in any level of concentration for about ten seconds, you pass out. Of course, the mask is removed afterwards because otherwise you would asphyxiate in a matter of seconds.
Lol, that's not how general anesthesia works. Medical crew provide you with anesthetics intravenously (like phentanyl, propofol) or inhalationally (nitric oxide , sevofluran, desfluran or others) or and in most cases it requires ventilation and intubation (this drugs make loss of sensation and awereness and decelerate breathing activity), but in cases of one day cases and very short surgeries there's also possibility undergo anesthesia with spontaneous ventilation, when you can breath freely without assistance while unconscious and I'm guessing sweetladyamy was talking about that. The anesthetic inhalation are mixed with oxygen anyway and doctors do not need to choke someone , beacause we have anesthetic drugs and even you can make someone unconscious by asphyxiation it's dangerous, can damage brain and it doesn't have any use in Medicine.
SomeStranger
New to the forum

Postby Ediblestranger » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:56 am

Realistically speaking, being trapped in a stomach would be akin to being trapped inside a moist garbage bag stretched to it's limits on a humid day. With the garbage bag being sealed shut, not just tied. On top of that, imagine every few seconds or so someone removing whatever air is in your confined space, be it oxygen or CO2. That's what it'd be like. You'd pass out within a matter of seconds to one minute and subsequently die within a matter of minutes. The body would probably respond with panic prior to you passing out, this'd mean flailing and hyperventilating speeding up the process of asphyxiation.

If this thread is an attempt to feel the same lack of oxygen that one would feel in a stomach, please refrain from doing so as it's incredibly dangerous and will probably lead to your death. Even with a partner to attempt to keep you safe. Breath play is a dangerous, and potentially fatal, fetish that, unlike vore, can be and is practiced IRL. Remember, your life is not worth risking for a chance at "one good wank."
-EdibleStranger
Ediblestranger
Been posting for a bit

Postby C107galaxytachyon » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:40 am

Ediblestranger wrote:Realistically speaking, being trapped in a stomach would be akin to being trapped inside a moist garbage bag stretched to it's limits on a humid day. With the garbage bag being sealed shut, not just tied. On top of that, imagine every few seconds or so someone removing whatever air is in your confined space, be it oxygen or CO2. That's what it'd be like. You'd pass out within a matter of seconds to one minute and subsequently die within a matter of minutes. The body would probably respond with panic prior to you passing out, this'd mean flailing and hyperventilating speeding up the process of asphyxiation.

If this thread is an attempt to feel the same lack of oxygen that one would feel in a stomach, please refrain from doing so as it's incredibly dangerous and will probably lead to your death. Even with a partner to attempt to keep you safe. Breath play is a dangerous, and potentially fatal, fetish that, unlike vore, can and still is practiced by those in IRL. Remember: your life is not worth risking just for a chance at that "one good wank."

Yeah...

It’s quite sad people that into thrill-seeking still exist in our society today, however minute a percentage they make up in our populace: even just “1” person getting severely hurt and/or killed as a result of such inconsequential risks is too much to bear thinking about.

All lives matter, dawg.
C107galaxytachyon
Somewhat familiar

Postby iuliachiaru » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:47 am

Thank you all for your input - and also thanks for the concern. I want to reassure you my queston is asked for curiosity, I have no intention AT ALL to attempt it. It is just to attempt imaginign things better, and it's a very different thing to suffocate just by sliding to sleep and passing out, rather than gasping for air, which is vey unpleasant.

How funny that biology makes it so. In addition to the trauma of being swallowed, the pressure, and the acids and smell, the prey has to also contend with their diaphragm spasming for air... it's like traumatic all around.
iuliachiaru
New to the forum

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:24 pm

I know what it is like to participate in that stupid thing called breath play. (not a willing participant)

Also, I will mention that yes, there are times when they will use IV for anesthesia, but it's not the standard, it's for extreme measures.

While it may be true that some oxygen will flow in from where the mask doesn't cover the face, the concentration of gases provided do not contain any level of usable oxygen. At any rate, what I stated still applies; asphyxiation would be quick, fainting would too.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Return to General Vore Discussion