Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V27A

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Don't tell me i once again fell in a pattern on posting one thing, then disappearing for months. I did, isn't it.

Anyway, now that panthers are drawn here are a couple of assembled sprites to show my progress. Though next releases should be several new unique merc characters (honestly way overdue).
Attachments
earlypreview.png
earlypreview.png (23.71 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby YukiArikaMuze » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:33 pm

ooo those look absolutely amazing loves the new art desine for those races <3
YukiArikaMuze
Somewhat familiar

Postby Younger99 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:22 am

GreenSlime wrote:Don't tell me i once again fell in a pattern on posting one thing, then disappearing for months. I did, isn't it.

Anyway, now that panthers are drawn here are a couple of assembled sprites to show my progress. Though next releases should be several new unique merc characters (honestly way overdue).

Nice work I must say so these three are mercs? Or are they redesigns of those races?
Younger99
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:28 am

I believe they're full redesigns(by what he and Auri said earlier, EVERYTHING's getting a revamped artstyle, here's the Cats, Puca(who are FAR more appealing now, personally speaking), and Imps).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Younger99 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:47 am

Turbotowns wrote:I believe they're full redesigns(by what he and Auri said earlier, EVERYTHING's getting a revamped artstyle, here's the Cats, Puca(who are FAR more appealing now, personally speaking), and Imps).

If that's true then I would be more then eager to have these redesigns added soon!
Younger99
Participator

Postby Alesleo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:48 am

The new sprites are pretty good, the new imps in particular are really cool.
But to be honest I'm not a big fan of the new pucas, while they have more realistic proportions they lost a bit of their uniqueness to me. The hairy arms, big feet and terriermon-like ears clicked with me making them one of my personal favorites and some of the mercenaries I hired the most just for their looks. I hope there will be an option to switch to the old design if one wishes for it.

I hope I have not offended anyone. Please take my opinion with a grain of salt, I'm one of those who enjoy vore only with furry and monster characters so I'm probably the minority here.
Alesleo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aces » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:07 am

I unno, I kinda like the new ones more. Also just opinion.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:30 am

But to be honest I'm not a big fan of the new pucas, while they have more realistic proportions they lost a bit of their uniqueness to me. The hairy arms, big feet and terriermon-like ears clicked with me making them one of my personal favorites and some of the mercenaries I hired the most just for their looks. I hope there will be an option to switch to the old design if one wishes for it.

Pucas will have several ear types, including those based on old ones. And it's not a final design yet, so making feet bigger and arms fluffier is easy to do.

For the most part what i'm aiming to do is fixes, not complete redesigns (though i will probably do a redesign for more "human" crypters and smaller bodies for harpies).
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Deioth » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:33 am

Alesleo wrote:The new sprites are pretty good, the new imps in particular are really cool.

I hope I have not offended anyone. Please take my opinion with a grain of salt, I'm one of those who enjoy vore only with furry and monster characters so I'm probably the minority here.

Myself I want to see the horses cleaned up a bit and some proper customization for furry tauros. No eye options and half the hair styles look feminine on males (could use "Bald" option honestly), plus the forced fur pattern.
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby carlj » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Alesleo wrote:The new sprites are pretty good, the new imps in particular are really cool.

I'm going to say that there'll be an option to switch to the old ones if you don't fancy the new sprites.
I personally love those redesign, makes them more unique from one another, i would love to have a new sprite for the kangaroos too (maybe give them actual boobs for females this time) and the lamias maybe but they are pretty good already (make their tail longer and have more sprites for the tail belly), i get that's gonna be a lot of work but i can wait.
carlj
Participator

Postby soline » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:46 pm

Possibly stupid question;

How do I get anyone to do anything other than Oral? I haven't played extensively I'll admit, and am I think just going for random plays rather than 'gaming' (Pure Tactical and AI-v-AI or myself on one party just to slow down the combat speed to enjoy the vore), but species that I believe should have Alt-Vore types just aren't using them, and when player controlled there's no option?

I have checked in the Race Editor and, for example, Aligators have no tick in the Unbirth/Cock/Anal-disabled boxes, and my options box has ticked 'avoid oral', however in multiple matches gators purely use oral vore, and even controlling the species myself it only offers basic attacks and Oral-Vore chances. I've tried ramping the levels up to 99 just in case it's unlockable but, nada.
soline
---

Postby Dragonlord » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:23 pm

soline wrote:Possibly stupid question;

How do I get anyone to do anything other than Oral? I haven't played extensively I'll admit, and am I think just going for random plays rather than 'gaming' (Pure Tactical and AI-v-AI or myself on one party just to slow down the combat speed to enjoy the vore), but species that I believe should have Alt-Vore types just aren't using them, and when player controlled there's no option?

I have checked in the Race Editor and, for example, Aligators have no tick in the Unbirth/Cock/Anal-disabled boxes, and my options box has ticked 'avoid oral', however in multiple matches gators purely use oral vore, and even controlling the species myself it only offers basic attacks and Oral-Vore chances. I've tried ramping the levels up to 99 just in case it's unlockable but, nada.

There are two options. You can either hit '3' to bring up a vore attack and then right click for a list of options, or select other vore attacks off the action bar on the right side. There should also be a "Discourage Oral Vore" check box somewhere.

On a similar note, I've got a potentially dumb question myself. Is there any way to play as one of the monster races beyond having them take a town and then taking it back from them or having a monster mercenary eat a town? I'd really like to run a monster game but using the luck or mercenary methods is a bit slow and tedious.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:21 pm

You don't have to hit 3 before the menu, just right click a target and you get a full list of feasible attacks, from magic to each of the vore types(it even has a submenu for the different pounce vores). (Oh, yeah, and if it the attack can't reach the target, it'll be greyed out.)

Also, they already said they have "discourage oral vore" checked.
soline wrote:...and my options box has ticked 'avoid oral'...
Last edited by Turbotowns on Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Koki » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:28 pm

The easy way to do it is to start a strategic game as a standard race, then hit esc and find the cheat menu button. One of the options is an empire replacer, which lets you replace whatever current empire you're playing as with non-standard races. It doesn't include all the monsters though, I think some of the extra mercs like Zoey aren't considered a race you can play.
Koki
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:27 pm

soline wrote:Possibly stupid question;

So, I'm going to guess that your issue is that you need to enable the other vore types in the content settings window. You can then save the settings as the default, so that you don't have to enable it each time you make a game. At first run, oral is the one one enabled, because everyone has differences in what they like and don't like.

Dragonlord wrote:On a similar note, I've got a potentially dumb question myself. Is there any way to play as one of the monster races beyond having them take a town and then taking it back from them or having a monster mercenary eat a town? I'd really like to run a monster game but using the luck or mercenary methods is a bit slow and tedious.

As Koki says, the way to do that is using the cheat menu. You can replace races with other races, which changes their villages and leaders to that race, but doesn't mess with any currently existing units. You can use it to have mirror matches, or bring in the mercenary races. Worth noting that they won't necessarily be even with the other races in power.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Micadi » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:05 pm

So, I've been working on something new. Not sure about the colour palettes for this race though, should I stick with grey/brown-ish colours or go more colourful? I would also ask for general feedback if possible. If I receive no complaints I will submit them as they are :P (and yes, they have animated wings and tails too, I've run into a dozen bugs trying to figure out how to animate those properly)
Attachments
Demibats3.png
Micadi
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Micadi wrote:So, I've been working on something new. Not sure about the colour palettes for this race though, should I stick with grey/brown-ish colours or go more colourful? I would also ask for general feedback if possible. If I receive no complaints I will submit them as they are :P (and yes, they have animated wings and tails too, I've run into a dozen bugs trying to figure out how to animate those properly)

They look great! I would love to have some of these bats involved! XD
Younger99
Participator

Postby tigersebel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:31 pm

just a little question does voreing your enemies give you any benefit besides healing? i mean does it give you extra EP or some increased stats? because i saw in the trait menu that there is a trait that that grants enhanced stats after every 4 kills or so. but i couldn't find a version of this for vored enemies. does this mean it is already a core mechhanic or something like this? or do i just pretend too much into it?
tigersebel
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thibs » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:50 pm

tigersebel wrote:just a little question does voreing your enemies give you any benefit besides healing? i mean does it give you extra EP or some increased stats? because i saw in the trait menu that there is a trait that that grants enhanced stats after every 4 kills or so. but i couldn't find a version of this for vored enemies. does this mean it is already a core mechhanic or something like this? or do i just pretend too much into it?

You get bonus exp for voring. The amount is based on the prey’s level. If you have one character vore an entire map of characters they’ll get much more exp than everyone else just for fighting. Pretty sure there’s a cheat trait that gives you an even bigger burst of exp for digesting someone.
Thibs
Been posting for a bit

Postby tigersebel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Thibs wrote: You get bonus exp for voring. The amount is based on the prey’s level. If you have one character vore an entire map of characters they’ll get much more exp than everyone else just for fighting. Pretty sure there’s a cheat trait that gives you an even bigger burst of exp for digesting someone.

Ah thank you very much!
tigersebel
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game