Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V27A

Postby Koki » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:54 am

I'm not sure where I ought to submit bug reports, but I've been tinkering with the code a bunch since I've wanted to add custom events for my own amusement, as well as editing existing events, and I found some interesting behavior with the addPermanentTrait method. Particularly, the RecalculateStatBoosts method.

When a trait is added or removed, the recalculate method runs, but doesn't reset all the booster states. So you have situations where multiple calls of recalculate can add multiple "applications" of a trait's effects. For me, one Large trait ended up getting applied 4 times, so the scale factor was 5.0625 (1.5^4), meaning her stats were multiplied by that many times and she was that many times bigger. StrongGullet also has the same issue where it increments for each application of it, meaning she also effectively had irresistable, since she could vore 6-7 times instead of just 2. It also means that anytime a trait gets removed, its effects are not.

Saving/Loading seems to fix the boosters to have the intended effects.

I've added a helper method which is called everytime recalculate is called, in which it resets all the booster states (it's basically just a copy of initializeTraits() without also calling recalculate). That seems to work for all the numerical boosts, though traits like Resourceful and others that aren't simple numerical adjustments will require more effort. Not sure if this has been mentioned before or you know of it, but I figured I'd toss out my findings to you Aurilika.
Koki
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:25 pm

Koki wrote:I'm not sure where I ought to submit bug reports, but I've been tinkering with the code a bunch since I've wanted to add custom events for my own amusement, as well as editing existing events, and I found some interesting behavior with the addPermanentTrait method. Particularly, the RecalculateStatBoosts method.

When a trait is added or removed, the recalculate method runs, but doesn't reset all the booster states. So you have situations where multiple calls of recalculate can add multiple "applications" of a trait's effects. For me, one Large trait ended up getting applied 4 times, so the scale factor was 5.0625 (1.5^4), meaning her stats were multiplied by that many times and she was that many times bigger. StrongGullet also has the same issue where it increments for each application of it, meaning she also effectively had irresistable, since she could vore 6-7 times instead of just 2. It also means that anytime a trait gets removed, its effects are not.

Saving/Loading seems to fix the boosters to have the intended effects.

I've added a helper method which is called everytime recalculate is called, in which it resets all the booster states (it's basically just a copy of initializeTraits() without also calling recalculate). That seems to work for all the numerical boosts, though traits like Resourceful and others that aren't simple numerical adjustments will require more effort. Not sure if this has been mentioned before or you know of it, but I figured I'd toss out my findings to you Aurilika.

Strange, I'll check into it and see what's happening there and make sure that it works as it should.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:13 pm

Doing some work on text log and some categories have... abysmal amount of messages. So if any of you guys have ideas on what to write for less-vanilla types of vore (BV, CV, AV), and especially for breasts/balls rub, you can write messages here or send them to me and i'll adapt them for the game. I'll be writing things too, mostly for the "Lewd" tag, so in a patch after this one there will be more variation to cock/breast/analvore.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:52 am

Okay, got that issue with traits fixed up, it had quite a few holes.

So, this patch was kind of a perfect storm of things getting finished at the same time, so there's a number of races.

28:
Added the hippos as a mercenary race.
Added the panther race as a main race. They have a huge amount of customization options.
Added the Dew Sprites as mercenaries. They can get pretty heavy and have huge boobs, so you may want to limit their defaults if that bothers you (or to leave the larger boob sizes for breast vore).
Added a new race of demi human bats. To maintain the usual naming standards, their name is now bats and the old bats have been renamed to feral bats. This has the small side effect of requiring you to specify new settings for the feral bat monster spawner (i.e. their number of spawns, scaling, etc.) (You can also just load an old save game and then save the content settings, because the names only affect the globally saved settings). The only other affected thing would be what mercs are enabled.
Added 4 slug races that form a coherent team.
Added an option to change any game settings that you could conceivably want to change without breaking the game in the world settings page. (Basically anything that you can't normally change mid game in content settings(such as level cap, or villagers per farm), but excluding things that it wouldn't make sense to change, like starting conditions, or things that would be a mess to change, like the extending buildings, or enabling/disabling leaders)
Fixed a bug where adding and removing traits would cause some effects to stack inappropriately, though they would reset after loading.
The old 'avoid oral' option is gone. Instead, you supply weights for how often you want the AI to choose each type. (They're located where the types are turned on/off in the content settings window) To replicate that old behavior you would simply slide the oral slider all the way to the left. They'll still use it if they have no other choice as they did before.
Raised the max army size to 48 by request. Note that larger sized armies can take significantly longer to play out, both in game, and simulated. (It gives you a notice the first time a battle takes more than 4 seconds to resolve, to remind you. It hopefully avoids pestering you, by only appearing once per session.)
Fixed a bug where certain type items were not being randomly applied (applied to both Crux (hats) and Fairies (footwear))
Fixed a bug where items would be destroyed when an army is removed by exchanging (the logic was messed up so that it was worse than having no logic)
Fixed a bug where ai would only oral pounce, they now pick the appropriate vore type, as with normal vore, much like players can. (For those unaware, players can do this by using the right click menu, then clicking the appropriate pounce vore type, or by selecting a vore type, and then selecting vore pounce and they'll use that type when they pounce)
Added the buy all buildings for all villages option when buy for all villages is checked
Added a Race Size Limits Weight Gain option in the content settings menu, to keep weight gain from pushing past whatever limits you set for random generation on a race.
Fixed a minor issue where when a race setting for a race was first generated, it would display invalid max values (which would always be saved to the appropriate range when navigated away from / saved)
Sergal will now use the hair matches fur toggle if it's on.
A unit can no longer target itself with melee when infighting is on (that was more likely to be an accident than intentional, and the messages didn't really account for that.)
Since I added a fourth single use ability (for the slugs), I updated things so that the single use spells can be used together, instead of overwriting each other.
Added an infinite version of the assimilation trait - Use it at the risk of making your list of traits cluttered.
Feral wolves now have twice as many colors.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V28

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:16 am

>The adorable Dew Sprites finally get added
M-Bison(A.K.A. Me): YES! YES! YES!

Meanwhile, new panther main race, gonna have to find room on my map for them.

*types and edits while reading*

Oh and Demi-Bats! And-
"Added 4 slug races that form a coherent team."
Nani? Did someone make an alliance FOR me? XD
...You can make a four different slug races? Aside from Slug and Snail?

*after getting in, and resetting everything up*

Ah, no, it's just a slug monster pack with different variants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And thus... here we go, my updated Turbo8 Map.
Turbo8.zip
(10.05 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Turbotowns
???

Postby Koki » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:44 am

Goodness the new sprites look amazing. I was not expecting the sheer variety of clothing the panthers got. Fantastic job to those who worked on them!

Glad to see a lot of the bug fixes too. I've been checking code/rewriting tiny things here and there for myself, probably should have mentioned this before a release.

Some small feature suggestions I have are:

Random Starts: Right now, anytime a map is generated, empires are always placed next to each other in the order they appear in the list. I changed that on my end by randomizing what order the capitals are placed, since everything else seems to follow from the capital position.

Healing: When Mending is cast, it doesn't display how much health was returned, like how it does when an absorption tick occurs. The unit is healed - the health bar moves up - just no "+x" number.

Maw: Maw plays no sound effect when cast unlike Gate Maw. There are a number of spells that lack sounds, but I think given the subject matter, Maw ought to be the one to get one next, even if it's just the same sound effect as Gate Maw.

Voracity seems to play a small part in digestion damage calculations, may wish to update the text describing the stat so that's known.

An optional toggle where preds get more health per tick if they vore units whose body size is larger than their own. See kobold voring a drider or something. It'd make balance favor smaller races naturally (I min'd it so that it uses body size or 10), but it makes sense to me - larger meal is more rejuvenating.

A few bug fixes:

Bunnies still display (and sometimes possess) the old tool tips where they have the prey quirk. Weirdly it doesn't show up in the race editor, only seems to show up in the army view and tactical views. It seems like it's reverting to default or something? I'm not sure.

Edge case where the displayed capacity when mousing over the stomach stat is insufficient to devour somebody. For me it when I had a unit with a capacity of 80 but they couldn't devour something with an explicitly 80 body size. It didn't have anything inside of it. My suspicion is that capacity is a non-rounded float but it's displayed as an integer in the army screen. (Which makes sense. Stomach size was 18, stomach stat was 53, so 53 *1.5 = 79.5).

I'm sure i'll come across more, but honestly the game seems pretty robust with the admittedly embarrassing amount of time i've sunk into this. I'll probably keep picking at features that interest me personally, it's been good practice for me to work with C#.

Also, just wanted to thank you for maintaining this despite your burnout and energies focused elsewhere. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. : >
Koki
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Koki wrote:[Many Things]

Credit green for the panthers, there are almost 600 sprites for them.

Random starts are already in. In the game settings screen, the second option from the top is spawn teams together / fixed spawns. If you turn that off, it randomizes starting locations.

Will address the healing, maw, and voracity concerns.

I sort of went with the logic that a smaller pred digesting a big prey is actually slower, because their stomach isn't extremely well equipped for that. Bigger also prey tend to have more health, so they're generally worth more healing in the end.

I really need to just disable the fact that they have the vore box unchecked by default as it catches people off guard, and will do that.

It probably was a rounding issue for the stomach sizes.

Ah, you're welcome, I'm glad you enjoy it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby YukiArikaMuze » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:36 pm

So i found a bug all the panthers gloves clip over top of the bellies for them and also some times the breast shrink down smaller then the size they are befor going back to there normal size in breast vore once prey has finished digesting! Other then that really loveing the update <3
YukiArikaMuze
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:57 pm

600 Sprites?!? Jesus Christ Green Slime! No wonder you've been quiet for so long! XD

Also, was my turn order saving suggestion ever considered?

ALSO! Getting the prompt that villages are blocked when dealing with maps... BUT GETTING AN OPTION TO FINISH EDITING ANYWAY!
So that we can block off single villages or entire civs when editing if we wanted to(at least temporarily).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:59 am

YukiArikaMuze wrote:So i found a bug all the panthers gloves clip over top of the bellies for them and also some times the breast shrink down smaller then the size they are befor going back to there normal size in breast vore once prey has finished digesting! Other then that really loveing the update <3

Ah, I fixed the gloves, but forgot to look into the breast one.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, was my turn order saving suggestion ever considered?

ALSO! Getting the prompt that villages are blocked when dealing with maps... BUT GETTING AN OPTION TO FINISH EDITING ANYWAY!
So that we can block off single villages or entire civs when editing if we wanted to(at least temporarily).

I forget, which one was the turn order saving?

Ah, I'll add that to the list of things to be fixed. AI might behave in unexpected ways, or possibly even throw exceptions if villages are impossible to ever reach.

V28A released, fixing up some of the bugs from 28 and a few minor things added.

28A:
Max capacity is now displayed more precisely in the stomach tooltip (to the nearest tenth).
Went ahead and standardized the bunnies to be a normal race, rather than defaulting to passive prey.
Healing from the mending spell now pops up at the beginning of the turn.
Panther belly size increases at a slightly slower rate.
Fixed a couple of bugs that lead to exceptions.
Fixed panthers not opening their mouth during vore.
Fixed a error in some of the text combat log text that would leave the log permanently bolded.
Fixed the vampirism trait not being connected properly (it wasn't using its effect or displaying its tooltip).
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V28A

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:26 am

Nother bug, I just found: the tooltip for monster armies says 48, but when viewing the actual army, we only see 32 units.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Deioth » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:26 pm

I don't suppose we'll see any improvements to the tauros? They (at least the male furry version, all I play with) have next to no customization, only one set of eyes, and so many other races have lots of stuff when all I want to play are the big bulls.
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby Koki » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:03 pm

The new healing display works! Unfortunately when units have mending and full health it now displays "miss".
Koki
New to the forum

Postby GreenSlime » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:57 am

I don't suppose we'll see any improvements to the tauros? They (at least the male furry version, all I play with) have next to no customization, only one set of eyes, and so many other races have lots of stuff when all I want to play are the big bulls.

I am planning to do improvements for all races i made, so Taurus are on the list.

What kind of customization do you want for them?
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby superdeathsnake » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:10 pm

GreenSlime wrote:

I am planning to do improvements for all races i made, so Taurus are on the list.

I really enjoy the taurus, but I'd really like to see more facial options and more hairstyles. Maybe different amounts of muscle definition would be nice too.
superdeathsnake
New to the forum

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 pm

It's great to see this game is still getting updated, I have an idea for a type of monster I was working on but sence the playable factions are getting a redesign I'll put off working on it till those are done as my idea works mostly off modifying the playable factions.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby swish » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:21 pm

superdeathsnake wrote:
GreenSlime wrote:

I really enjoy the taurus, but I'd really like to see more facial options and more hairstyles. Maybe different amounts of muscle definition would be nice too.

I second the Taurus needing more customization, females too though as well as males, I play Taurus the most out of any race as well, they're my favourite. Muscle definition and facial options would be perfect as Snake suggested :D maybe even more clothing/accessories as well.
swish
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zalaska » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:43 am

Agreed that the Taurus (especially in full anthro setting) need some love as they have very little customization. For others, the Equine's faces could definitely use a touch up, and I would love to see the demi-human bats get an anthro version like many of the other demi races though I know that spriting that would be a lot of work so it's likely not a big priority.

The panthers and the hippos both are excellent. While I might like to see some more color variants (for hair and/or markings in particular), they already both have a fantastic amount of customization.

Is there any chance of mercenary races having their own town sprites for if and when you have them repopulate a town you take over? I like to wipe out a couple towns to repopulate them with merc races (or use abandoned towns if the map is set up with them) so that it's easier to get the merc types you want rather than hoping they show up in the inns or mercenary camps.
Zalaska
New to the forum

Postby Deioth » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:14 pm

GreenSlime wrote:

They've o eye customization at all, there's forced floofiness, limited color variations, no pattern/secondary color variations, lots of hair styles that just look off on a horned creature and honestly rather feminine on the men (they definitely need "Bald" as an option) so maybe that could convert to facial hair instead? I was honestly surprised at how... unfinished they felt, just the eyes alone would make a huge difference considering the eye and facial expression variations others have. If you do go back to them I wish you luck.
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:54 pm

The bandits never spawn with very big squads, and now that we can go up to 48, they're even less of a threat. XD
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game