Twilight VS: A vore themed boss fighter. update: 0.4.5

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Haven't done a poll in awhile, so... What do you think of the sphinx so far?

She's good.
67%
She's fine, but I want a new pred already
28%
Eh, she aight
2%
I don't like her.
3%

Total votes : 338

Twilight VS: A vore themed boss fighter. update: 0.4.5

Postby reclusenutcase » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:12 pm

So uh, I haven't posted a new game idea in a long time, and thought I was way overdue, so I'm releasing a game I've been playing around with since last year. the game is called Twilight vs: and it's a boss fighting game similar to cuphead. So far it's only one boss, but hopefully you guys might like it. There are 2 different game overs and 1 good ending, but if this game pics up at all, I'll be trying to expand it dramatically with new bosses and different ponies to fight as, but that's just an idea. Bellow is the link on gamejolt to play it in browser, and bellow the link are screenshots of the game in action. Hope you all like it, and feel free to critique what you see. I'm my own tester, so odds are that I missed a few details and glitches.

0.4.5 update. This is a hefty update. I made a Twilight pawn that has modular animation now. She's more reactive, and has better animation during game over sequences. I remade almost all game overs with her so there is little to no art clash. Hopefully next update will be an official predator.

0.4.3 update: Really small patch. Celestia nerfed. Charge shot charges faster, deals more damage, and regulare shots do more damage. Celestia singularity sphere takes less hits to destroy, banana bag spawns slower, and Celestia idles till Singularity sphere is destroyed. Yes I named all her moves. Pressing enter during game over will skip cutscenes. Hopefully this will keep the game feeling fast and fresh.

0.4.2 update: Kinda big, but forgot to change the number on the title screen. The credits were modded, and Celestia now has a CV attack, and there is a UB game over if you get grabbed too many times. Keep in mind, I didn't have a Celestia with a dick in mind, so the animation took some reaching. I play tested it today, and feel it is still beatable. I might nerf her depending on later updates, but we'll see.

0.4.1 update: Small patch making things a wee bit easier. Banana bag spawn takes longer, Banana's don't fill as much health, and attacks that require blocking take up less MP. Kind of gradually evening the difficulty without making the game too easy.

0.4.0 update: Celestia is up and running, and... I think that's it. I don't know if I added new stuff.

0.3.0 update: Changed up a lot so this is mostly an experimental update, especially since Celestia will be awhile as I've only recently secured an artist to make her.

fixes:

Spelling errors mostly.

aura surrounds Twilight when grabbed.

New stuff:

There is a new ending available which was planned from the start, but I couldn't help myself from publishing early.

The shield is now summoned by holding right click. This shield comes with a meter which can be overtaxed and have a cooldown to it. I feel this makes the fight too easy, but I also feel it gives more chances for harder bosses in the future. It doesn't block the butt slam, but it blocks most problems at the cost of magic. It's highly suggested to use shield for elements you can't control. pressing down still makes twilight brace on the ground, but it has no use in this update. There will be plans for it in the future.

new sounds added to game overs now that I learned how to edit voices to sound more muffled. It makes all the game overs have a lot more life into them.

Also dialogue kinda changes when you are defeated but made a big dent in chrysalis. She will commend your efforts before consuming you instead of heckling you like before.

Finally, I added a crosshair in hopes to make players see where their are shooting better.

hope you enjoy it.

For those wanting to contribute ideas, there is a google doc featuring proposed enemies that people might want to see in this game. I'll leave the documents listed below. Credit goes to xNightmarebrony.

Female Document
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EK0 ... sp=sharing

Spike document
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L8R ... sp=sharing

Overall male document

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FxF ... sp=sharing

an overall idea document for the game

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZVv ... sp=sharing

To the actual game:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/axhst2 ... clusegames

Also moved all my games to newgrounds: https://reclusenutcase.newgrounds.com/

screenshots_0000_Layer-5.png

screenshots_0001_Layer-1.png

screenshots_0002_Layer-3.png

screenshots_0003_Layer-4.png

screenshots_0004_Layer-2.png

Game overs walkthrough:

Spoiler: show

Chrysalis:

Consumed of love: be defeated by Chrysalis without having her butt land the final blow.

Anal entrapment!: Be defeated by chrysalis but ensure her butt slam lands the final blow.

Celestia:

Failed the test: Simply run out of health.

Failure with a little fun: run out of health while stuffed in Celestia's naughty hole.

Rebirth through unbirth: Get stuffed in Celestia's naughty hole over 4 times.

Down the tubes: Ensure Celestia's dick and ball slam land the final blow upon defeat.

TO THE MOON!: Simply run out of health and during the beginning of the cutscene, click the banana bag and see what happens.

Last edited by reclusenutcase on Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:44 pm, edited 19 times in total.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Twilight VS: A vore themed boss fighter.

Postby rez » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:34 pm

The only things I can gripe about is how often chrysalis uses the grab attack, a couple of times in a row at points. and that the downward beam is hard to dodge given taillights move speed.

It's a solid game regardless I hope to see more done with it if the future.
rez
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:49 pm

Can't play it. Keep getting 403 forbidden errors.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby rabidPsionic » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:55 pm

I've got a few critiques on the game.
Firstly, the telegraphs. I know what they are, I can see them coming, but I think they should last a little bit longer, just to make the fight easier. Especially on that grab attack.
Speaking of the grab attack, I believe you should be able to break it at nearly any stage, at least, before she consumes your essence. I was confused on how to actually break the grab before I learned the telegraph, because I didn't know you had to use the charged shot while her eyes were still blue. I'd make the period she can be hit a bit longer, just to balance it out and to help teach the player a bit better.
Next, the laser attacks. I often confused the telegraph for the upwards laser with the butt attack, and sometimes didn't even have time to dodge either of them. The way I'd change this to be better would be to have the lasers only cover half of the screen, instead of doing a full sweep.
The minions were a nice distraction, and the butt attack was alright.
I do have another suggestion, which is making Twilight faster on the ground. You don't have a reason to be on the ground, other than to block the boulders. Making Twilight faster on the ground would not only give the player an excuse to stay on the ground, but the animations there wouldn't go so underused.
Hope this stuff helps. I really like what you've got here.
rabidPsionic
Been posting for a bit

Postby reclusenutcase » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:26 am

empatheticapathy wrote:Can't play it. Keep getting 403 forbidden errors.

That's a bad thing. I'll look into getting a download version available. If you are using a mac, it might not work for any version.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby scottypilgrim » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:37 am

Love games with more action and platforming and stuff~. The concept is super fun but yeah it's a little on the difficult side. a bit more time to react would help make it more competitive. Both bad ends were fun but I'm going to get carpal tunnel trying to win. Never got into the MLP stuff but this game is fun! Soul vore/essence vore or whatever is a big yes from me too! Thanks for the cool game :).
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RC8015 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:40 am

Can't get to play it. In chrome I get the 403: Forbidden error, in Firefox it doesn't even try to open. Just seeing the 'close' and 'minimize' buttons, and that's it.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby zekromNLR » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:45 am

reclusenutcase wrote:
empatheticapathy wrote:Can't play it. Keep getting 403 forbidden errors.

That's a bad thing. I'll look into getting a download version available. If you are using a mac, it might not work for any version.

Oddly enough, on Mac I am getting a 403 error in Chrome, but in Safari it works. So it definitely does work on Mac.
zekromNLR
New to the forum

Postby JeremyTN » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:55 am

Really liking this so far! I feel it could be a tad easier, like something to make firing repeatedly easier, but overall I REALLY like this(I do hope something additional happens with that butt attack in the future~) Also, if I may ask, what's the second game over?
JeremyTN
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MillyObouldra » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:49 am

JeremyTN wrote:Really liking this so far! I feel it could be a tad easier, like something to make firing repeatedly easier, but overall I REALLY like this(I do hope something additional happens with that butt attack in the future~) Also, if I may ask, what's the second game over?

So you might be glad to know then, that while the butt attack doesn't do anything most of the time, if it happens to be the killing blow, you get an AV ending. A nice touch, I reckon. Have fun~
MillyObouldra
New to the forum

Postby reclusenutcase » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Okay, so I added a download version of this game to the main page. I made it that when you hold left click you have a slowish autofire, and made it that the charge shot does bigger damage. For anyone having trouble getting the browser version to work, I hope the download version treats you a lot better by actually working. Hope you all get the chance to enjoy this game.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:46 pm

reclusenutcase wrote:Okay, so I added a download version of this game to the main page. I made it that when you hold left click you have a slowish autofire, and made it that the charge shot does bigger damage. For anyone having trouble getting the browser version to work, I hope the download version treats you a lot better by actually working. Hope you all get the chance to enjoy this game.

Seems to work okay for me.
Eka
Administrator

Postby rez » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:28 pm

the autofire while charging is a wonderful mechanic that nicely deals with letting the grab attack be a big threat without feeling cheap.

I think the only thing I would change now is perhaps make some of the tells for the attacks a bit more clear. and possibly make it so chrysalis is unlikely to chain the rock fall into her grab.
rez
Somewhat familiar

Postby VirtuosoViking » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:59 pm

I think recluse is now like From Software. The games they dish out are usually pretty hard, but also pretty satisfying when you go through them. I've actually got no really big complaints, other than the charge shot doesn't always stagger. Unless there's a sweets spot I'm not hitting right away, or I have to shoot her before any soul devouring happens. So yeah, I dig it. If the game does pick up, were you planning on having all bosses giant? Or was this just the theme for this particular fight?
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:52 pm

Working now. Real good stuff. I like all the alternate dialogue you can get, and the attacks are really well designed - I love that the changeling drones shut their eyes when damaged, and that Chrysalis won't summon the drones and then immediately grab you.
There was a typo with one ending where Chrysalis said 'fairwell' when the word is 'farewell', another where she mentions expecting more 'the the princess of friendship', and one of her mid-fight lines has her say you're 'widdling away at her' when the word is spelled 'whittling'. Finally, one of her taunts is "Is that all you got!" which should end with a "?!" given that it's a question.
I also got a glitch a few times where I could move freely during Chrysalis's grab attack.

If you're looking for suggestions or a wishlist (and it's cool if you're not):
Twilight should have a magical aura around her when Chrysalis is grabbing her, like what happens on the show when unicorns use their magic to move things.
If you don't damage Chrysalis at all during her grab, she should be able to continually drain love from you without releasing you.
The option to fly into her mouth to take damage (possibly with unique dialogue or an altered game over if you die that way)
Dialogue for losing while she's at full or near-full health (possibly including extra in-fight dialogue for continually taking attacks without fighting back)
Dialogue for losing when she's nearly defeated
An option to submit to her even after winning
Alternate endings for more attacks
empatheticapathy
---

Postby gigaredpanther » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Can't really play it at the moment cause I'm on my tablet, but this seems like the sort of thing I'd really really like!

...I'm mostly commenting so I don't forget to check it out later. Because I have the dumb brain sometimes ^^;
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chela » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Is this game can be downloaded? I can't play it online...
Chela
New to the forum

Postby flames55 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:58 pm

id be all for another game like dungeon game
flames55
Been posting for a bit

Postby reclusenutcase » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:33 am

flames55 wrote:id be all for another game like dungeon game

I want to work on another game like that too, but, I'm working on a steam project in the meantime. There will be a vore dungeon successor even if I'm not the one who makes it. If it makes you feel better, I'm looking into designs of how I could make a successor.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby The_Prof » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:37 am

honestly it wasn't too hard IMO. For those of you having trouble with it try to stay about in the middle of the screen on the back of the map, this should render you safe from her butt slam. Keep focusing on charge shots into her head whenever they're up and the grab shouldn't threaten you either. If she raises her hooves land and guard, if the raises her head fly down and tword her, and if she lowers it fly up and tword her. when she summons minions she will do either a butt slam or a rising laser, so use rapid fire to kill the minions while flying up, if you miss one don't feel too bad since they really don't hurt much. You should down her with not too much trouble.

Still a wonderfully solid shooter, none of the attacks felt "cheap" and I look forward to see what you can do next.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Next

Return to Vore game