MORNINGSTAR - suspended

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: MORNINGSTAR - RPG with tons of 3d art

Postby Nayko93 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:03 pm

if I can give you a little advice in term of marketing

you should post your game for free here and on F95
so yes you wont gain money by selling your game but hundred of people will see your game so in the end you will gain more patreon

I've been on this website for years , and by my experience , people make more money by posting their game for free and making money by patreon ( or every other support platform )

if your game become popular , it's gonna be posted by someone on f95 one day or a other , so take the lead and do it yourself , create the thread for your game yourself and like that you have the control over it and you can post the release when YOU want , and doing so you can keep your new release for patreon only for a time , and post the release for free one month later here and on f95

( and I don't say this because I want the game for free ...
I've already purchased the demo , and if you want to keep the game for patreon only then I will buy it on patreon , your price is very low so I can afford it :)
I just say all this for you , because your project look exceptionally good and I really want you to succeed )
French Boy
Nayko93
Somewhat familiar

Postby CaseyKane » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:34 am

Nayko93, a genuine thanks for the advice. For the time being I'm happy with the setup I've got, BUT I will definitely consider what you're saying when it comes to releasing the full game in the summer. Perhaps a different strategy than the one I had planned will be more appropriate. Thanks also for the good wishes! :)
CaseyKane
Participator

Postby Lawrence Craft » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:20 am

CaseyKane wrote:Nayko93, a genuine thanks for the advice. For the time being I'm happy with the setup I've got, BUT I will definitely consider what you're saying when it comes to releasing the full game in the summer. Perhaps a different strategy than the one I had planned will be more appropriate. Thanks also for the good wishes! :)

At least it is may an good idea, to make the demo available for free.
In that case a lot more people get an better idea, for what they will spend their money with the complete game.
Yes, your description of the game and the sample pictures already show something, but that could probably still to less.
A demo is after all something, to get potential buyers interestet.
And to be honest, THAT is the first time that I see, that I have to pay to get interested in a game.
(There're maybe already other cases, but at least I personally didn't stumbled not over them.)
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CaseyKane » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:36 am

I understand. Thanks for taking the time to comment :)
CaseyKane
Participator

Postby klew » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:01 pm

I hope the player can swallow any NPC at any time, and have an internal picture of the stomach
klew
New to the forum

Postby SecondAce » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:56 pm

CaseyKane, the scat/"aftermath" not being implemented yet is actually understandable in hindsight seeing as the demo serves more as a proof of concept, so I'd still argue that the fault really was mine for assuming things ^^;. I'm all for F/F vore too anyway so there not being any male preds(or males at all?) is actually completly fine by me since I just asked in case others were wondering. I'm glad you show interest and that you actually give thought to what others here have to say as it really shows you're open to ideas and mean well with the growth of your project. I also think you should look into posting your project on F95 since I am an avid user on there too and can vow for Nayko93 about the potential growth in patrons, however it's your decision to make and you should go with what you feel fits best.
SecondAce
Been posting for a bit

Postby CaseyKane » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:04 am

Okay, here's a climb down for you:

The demo will be available for FREE by Friday. I just wan't to fix the snake glitch mentioned by DASexual, and I'll also put in the short "aftermath" of the f/f vore scene, so that at least that section of the game is "complete". For those who have already paid for the demo there'll be an additional little reward outlined below.

So, yes - I've been taking a bit of heat for the current set up of things, and as a consequence I've gone back to the drawing board on Morningstar's marketing plan, smashed it into little tiny pieces, and then dissolved it in vat of acid. The original idea was to produce complete self-contained chapters of about 6 - 8 scenes packed with 3d art with a time with a gap of about 4 months between each release. I was also intending to sell these through Gumroad for $1.99 per chapter and have that as my main income revenue, with Patreon supporters getting additional bonus materials like behind the scenes reveals, basic Daz tutorials, and high def character portraits.

The new plan (which is still in development) looks a lot more like this:

The Morningstar game will be FREE for everyone - first for the Patreon supporters, and then for everyone else a short while later. This means that I won't need to complete full chapters before each release, but can put out smaller piecemeal updates on a more regular basis. It's a messier way of doing things, but I can see that it also has its advantages in terms of keeping the game relevant and maintaining community interest.

In this new scheme of things Patreon supporters will still be getting the bonus materials I've mentioned above, and in addition to this I'll also be creating a just-for-Patreon spin off series taking place within the Morningstar universe. This will not be a game, but will either be a panelled vore comic series, or short animation-style downloads with sound effects. The content of these comics/downloads will be decided by polls by Patreon supporters. The first of these will be sent out to the email addresses of those who paid the $1 for the demo as an additional thanks for their support.

Like I say, this new plan is still in the development stages. I'm open to feedback.
Casey
CaseyKane
Participator

Postby CaseyKane » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 am

Please try this link to access the windows demo for free:

https://mega.nz/#!ERJxEIqB!GB_PzGzq4CgR ... EgVywOHGtY
CaseyKane
Participator

Re: MORNINGSTAR - FREE RPG with tons of 3d art

Postby NovaDragn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:08 pm

Casey, great job on the demo. Cant wait for more. I'm sure to throw in some support your way =]
NovaDragn
Somewhat familiar

Postby CaseyKane » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:37 pm

NovaDragn wrote:Casey, great job on the demo. Cant wait for more. I'm sure to throw in some support your way =]

Much appreciated, NovaDragn. Glad you liked the demo. :)
CaseyKane
Participator

Postby Gibet » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:43 pm

I love the game so far! First of all, I adore Ciel's personality. She's SO CUTE! Also, it's good that there's a 'submit' option during battles. The scenes are fantastic, too! Especially when the character (I forget her name) is lying in bed digesting the protagonist. Can't wait for the next release!
"The predator's job isn't done when the hunt is over." -Topaz the fairy
Gibet
Participator

Postby CaseyKane » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:10 am

Gibet wrote:I love the game so far! First of all, I adore Ciel's personality. She's SO CUTE! Also, it's good that there's a 'submit' option during battles. The scenes are fantastic, too! Especially when the character (I forget her name) is lying in bed digesting the protagonist. Can't wait for the next release!

Hi Gibet, thanks! Stoked you like the game so far - it's always encouraging to get some positive feedback. I promise I'm working flat out trying to get the next release ready as quickly as possible, so hang in there!! :-D
CaseyKane
Participator

Postby RandomInjury » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:21 am

"This isn't a story about Nazis"... Clearly not there's a black scientist, and "Not" Hitler is not Ruining Charlie Chaplains Moustache.

Huh... I feel like causing the deaths of Billions puts your scientist lady on the pillar of Historys Greatest Monster.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby vgove » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:16 pm

can not wait for pred options
vgove
Participator

Postby CaseyKane » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:53 am

vgove wrote:can not wait for pred options

And you shall certainly have them, Vgove! :-D
CaseyKane
Participator

Postby CaseyKane » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:53 am

Check out the free starter pack for the just-for-patrons vore comic in the same world as the Morningstar game. I've posted an attachment on the Morningstar discord server here:

https://discord.gg/DcNUvHR

and it's also available for public download on my Patreon site:

https://patreon.com/caseykanestudios

Hopefully it should be a whole heap of fun!
CaseyKane
Participator

Postby Etherthedrake » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:45 pm

Oh heck, this looks promising! I played through a bit of the demo, and this is definitely a great concept. While i'm here, might I suggest content switches? Like, for example, altering text if digestion is set to off. And also, a question - will the game have more feral predators (like the snake) or human ones?
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby CaseyKane » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:17 pm

Hey Etherthedrake. Thanks for getting in touch, and I'm glad you found the demo promising. Re content switches, I've included a scat on/off variable for those who find that side of things a turn off, but I haven't any plans to include a switch for digestion on/off specifically. Honestly, I don't think that's going to change any time soon - for the sake of simplicity (and my sanity) if nothing else.

As for the creature/human prey balance, I'm going to try to include a decent mix of both, so probably (as a really rough estimate) I'd say around 60% human and 40% creature/plant. That's mostly down to what I have in my content library. I would love to include more creature vore as it's by far the easier to create, but I'm limited by what 3d content is available and what I can afford. Hope that Helps.
CaseyKane
Participator

Postby Nayko93 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:02 pm

if you don't want to add too much on/off variable for scat , digestion or else , I suggest you add a plugin to skip dialogue fast with CTRL , like that people who don't like a part or a scene can skip it , and also , if people want to replay a scene to view all the dialogue branch

it's something that annoyed me a little in the demo , the fact I can't skip text when I replay the scene to explore all the choices ..
French Boy
Nayko93
Somewhat familiar

Postby SecondAce » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:42 pm

Nayko93, You can make texts and scenes go faster by holding down the action key(Z by deault) although it only speeds it up by a tiny bit so you might've meant something closer to instant text speed or along those lines.
SecondAce
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game