Backend Upgrade -> Future Development - New: HTML5 support

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Re: Backend Upgrade -> Future Development

Postby Celestia » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:45 pm

As of typing this post the “search by text” function in the gallery still returns results in random order rather than auto sorting from newest to oldest. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Celestia
Somewhat familiar

Postby C107galaxytachyon » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:05 am

Have you figured out a way to allow us to simultaneously search items with tags AND type?
C107galaxytachyon
Somewhat familiar

Weird bug, page 200+ of 200

Postby tigercloud » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:50 am

Hey,

I search through a specific tag the last weeks, it's "Macro/Micro", searching for Artwork I've may not seen/found (or which got the tag later). I started at the last page (I think it was 350 or so) and go slowly to the more present submissions. But I didn't had time to go on with it, so I saved a bookmark with page 231, to return when I have time again^^

There was 1 week when I wasn't able to go on with the searching, because I got a out of bound exception or such stuff... But now it works again, the fun thing is, it seems the pages are limited now to 200 per tag. I can still access pages above 200 with my bookmark (or changing the page in the url)

Maybe the bug is:
-> Pages are limited to 200 even if there are more result (and there are more results as you can see in the screenshot)
OR
-> Pages above 200 shouldn't be accessible

I mean its no problem for me to go on but I thought its maybe better to report this, especially I think if there are more than 200 pages of results it would be a shame to hide anything after page 200

Hope I could help you with that bug-report^^

screenshot-2020-01-18-001.jpg

Edit: The link for you to check: https://aryion.com/g4/tags.php?tag=Macro%2FMicro&p=231

Additional notes:
- The Previous button brings you truly to the previous page (-1)
- There exists no "Next >>" Button, but if you change the URL to p=232, you still get results
- Also mentioned here: viewtopic.php?p=2794029#p2794029
Attachments
amycow.jpg
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Tag search issue

Postby Rexfeeney » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Anyone else having issues with the tag system? I can see tags on images but when i click on them certain images just won't appear in the search or the search will just comback empty for that tag even though I know for a fact that there are images with that tag.
Rexfeeney
Somewhat familiar

Tag Removal Issue

Postby Nekochow » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:38 pm

It seems like a recent update has bugged the tag system - if a submission is tagged and that tag is later removed, it still shows up in the tag results.
Nekochow
New to the forum

Postby MalchiorDagon » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:24 pm

Search by text is seriously broken. Not only are the dates messed up, but results are just flat out missing.
MalchiorDagon
New to the forum

Re: Tag search issue

Postby Nekochow » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:18 pm

Rexfeeney wrote:Anyone else having issues with the tag system? I can see tags on images but when i click on them certain images just won't appear in the search or the search will just comback empty for that tag even though I know for a fact that there are images with that tag.

The site seems to have a rather buggy way of handling submissions that were later deleted or hidden by the owner, so it's possible all the submissions with that tag were removed and the tag entry remains for the "ghost" submissions.
Nekochow
New to the forum

Postby WankersCramp » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:55 am

I hope the site adds HTML5 viewing and etc. Flash Player is no longer supported which is a cause for concern as I can't really post any animations anymore.

MP4 and etc is also unsupported. Simply put, our choices for interactive and animation is currently slim.
"You may fascinate a woman by giving her a piece of cheese."
WankersCramp
Somewhat familiar

things that should be fixed here.

Postby dragonslavegirl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:01 pm

who here that they need to fix the stuff on here.

like when trying to find things way easier in sted of trying to though stuff trying to fine art or a story.

instead of fixing the blog stuff.

who here feels the same.
Last edited by dragonslavegirl on Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dragonslavegirl
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: things they should be fixed here.

Postby Mockspeed7 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Yeah, right now the search tool is a drag to use as when I type something in I usually get some 100+ pages of results.

I think I read somewhere though that they are working on it.
Mockspeed7
New to the forum

Re: things they should be fixed here.

Postby dragonslavegirl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:35 pm

and all of them have the word in them but not what you were looking for right.
dragonslavegirl
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Underside » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:45 am

Hmm, is uploading SWF files supposed to be disabled or is it a bug?
I understand Flash Player is deprecated but I still wanted to post stuff I had in the works for people who are using older browsers/standalone players. If it's part of the messed up video upload bug, please keep us posted on that status as well, thanks.
Underside
New to the forum

Fixing DocX for Mobile Browsing.

Postby thirdspurs » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:03 am

Since DocX seems to be the most common type of upload for stories anymore, can we please fix docX for mobile browsing? For whatever reason, the text that shows up in the box. The simplest solution might just to be to surround the actual story in <article> tags so that mobile browsers know to designate that as the article for article mode, which Safari, Chrome, and Firefox at least all support, though this is probably common among more browsers. Right now article mode heuristics the description and comments as the article, as there are no article tags.

Otherwise, if you could do something to force the paragraph width to comply with the size of the bounding box, that'd be nice.

Here's an example of what I mean: Image
thirdspurs
New to the forum

Re: Fixing DocX for Mobile Browsing.

Postby thirdspurs » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:46 am

Upon further research, seems that its all wrapped in an Iframe, so adding <article> wont even help, since those implementations throw out iframes.

So, in that case, the easiest implementation might just be to throw a link to the html file contained within the iframe for mobile browsers to open. Call it 'Clean View' or something.
thirdspurs
New to the forum

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:11 am

The use of .docx is problematic. Try saving the document in the older Word 97/2000/XP .doc format. I have never had trouble with it, even on smartphones, and it stays in the bounding box.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tigercloud » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:12 pm

I still have the problem that the "Tag-Edit-Permissions" are reset to "Registered users" after uploading, regardless what I've setup the upload Form...
Thats a Serious bug, I think when the value on the Upload-Form is ignored, maybe hotfix remove the field there completely, since it just creates false security for the Uploader (since the value is ignored)
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby thirdspurs » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:08 pm

IvesBentonEaton wrote:The use of .docx is problematic. Try saving the document in the older Word 97/2000/XP .doc format. I have never had trouble with it, even on smartphones, and it stays in the bounding box.

Sure, but that doesnt stop the fact that many people already upload docx. I'm a consumer of stories not a writer, so uploading is not within my normal bounds here.
thirdspurs
New to the forum

Re: Tag search issue

Postby Rexfeeney » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Nekochow wrote:
Rexfeeney wrote:Anyone else having issues with the tag system? I can see tags on images but when i click on them certain images just won't appear in the search or the search will just comback empty for that tag even though I know for a fact that there are images with that tag.

The site seems to have a rather buggy way of handling submissions that were later deleted or hidden by the owner, so it's possible all the submissions with that tag were removed and the tag entry remains for the "ghost" submissions.

I mean when I click on the tags, for example I can open a story that just got added and click on a tag on it and its 50/50 if it will show up. Some tags that I know for certain have tons of images under it show absolutly nothing when you search for that tag
Rexfeeney
Somewhat familiar

Postby Garz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:39 am

It is possible I'm doing something wrong (Or that I need to use a different file format, which is okay), but I'm trying to post a RTF file and keep getting a pile of 'boxes' at the beginning of each line. I'm not completely sure what is causing this.

I took a screenshot here of the problem: https://aryion.com/g4/view/621798
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MementoMori » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:08 am

Thanks Leshana, keep up the great work! :3
[ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ]
MementoMori
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Technical stuff