Twilight VS: A vore themed boss fighter. update: 0.4.5

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Haven't done a poll in awhile, so... What do you think of the sphinx so far?

She's good.
67%
She's fine, but I want a new pred already
28%
Eh, she aight
2%
I don't like her.
3%

Total votes : 331

Re: Twilight VS: A vore themed boss fighter. update: 0.3.0

Postby The_Prof » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:37 am

empatheticapathy wrote:
Kelxir1 wrote:So one thing I'm curious about is what the mood will be like during the battle between Celestia and Twilight. Twilight vs Chrysalis was a pitched battle between mortal foes where Twilight was attempting to save/avenge her friends, so what will Twilight vs Celestia be framed as?

Most likely it's either a high-stakes test, or Celestia planned on eating Twilight from the day they met, and all the teaching and stuff was to make her a better meal.

that or she found out that Twilight was a mmmmm beytch... who likes mmmmm bananas
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby reclusenutcase » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:24 am

The_Prof wrote:
empatheticapathy wrote:
Kelxir1 wrote:So one thing I'm curious about is what the mood will be like during the battle between Celestia and Twilight. Twilight vs Chrysalis was a pitched battle between mortal foes where Twilight was attempting to save/avenge her friends, so what will Twilight vs Celestia be framed as?

Most likely it's either a high-stakes test, or Celestia planned on eating Twilight from the day they met, and all the teaching and stuff was to make her a better meal.

that or she found out that Twilight was a mmmmm beytch... who likes mmmmm bananas

Ah, I see you are a person of culture as well.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby HavocLordX » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:13 am

Make it Happen, Recluse.
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby JeanetteV » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:51 pm

If you have plans for other potential bosses, I'd LOVE to see Trixie, Gilda, Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, the Dazzlings, the Sphinx, Nightmare Moon, Daybreaker, and definitely Midnight Sparkle!
JeanetteV
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:11 pm

JeanetteV wrote:If you have plans for other potential bosses, I'd LOVE to see Trixie, Gilda, Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, the Dazzlings, the Sphinx, Nightmare Moon, Daybreaker, and definitely Midnight Sparkle!

Ooh, the Dazzlings would be great. There's so much that could be done with them.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby HavocLordX » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:22 pm

I look forward to seeing Celestia soon-ish.
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby Haysack » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:54 pm

Great game <3 Thank you so much.
/Best regards Haysack (aka Swedish horse nommer )
Haysack
Been posting for a bit

Postby PegaSUS » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:27 am

Certainly following this. Digging the way Chrysalis looks!

The health-dependent dialogue changes are a nice touch. I'm curious if there'll be special lines for no-damage wins, or letting the boss win without putting up a fight at all, as mentioned earlier!

Pitching into Chrysalis's grab move complaints - taking a hit is sometimes unavoidable when she uses the grab right after the rock stomp, as getting moved while bracing yourself makes you vulnerable again to still-falling rocks. Perhaps there can be an added time buff for the stomps before the next attack?
PegaSUS
New to the forum

Postby Vorafillyia » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:03 am

Honestly, this is a really cool game and I can't wait to see how it updates. The vore scenarios depending on your/the boss's health bar are an especially nice touch!

Slight recommendation for Chrysalis' grab: make the point from when she grabs you to when she actually start draining your health last a bit longer I think, I had a charged shot which i loosed right before she grabbed me, the angle it took went through her neck rather than hit her head and I couldn't get a second shot in before she started draining my health.

Only recommendations I can think of are adding unique dialogue/animations depending on if you beat her without getting hit/she beats you without you dealing any damage. I went through the trouble of doing a perfect run, was a bit disappointed to see nothing was different on the win screen. also a vore animation for twilight similar to something that chrysalis has rather than just a still image as a win screen would be nice! Also would be interesting to get a different animation if one of her drones takes you out. Something like

Chrysalis: "Hah! I didn't even have to take you out myself! as a reward, I think I'll let my little drone have you as a treat.~" Something along those lines would be cool. :p

If what the comments are saying is right and there's a Celestia update on the way, can't wait to see it! I'll be watching closely!

Edit: forgot to mention, I hoenstly really like the difficulty, felt very rewarding to finally pull it off without getting hit! I don't recommend changing the difficulty, but just tweak it a bit so unavoidable damage gets phased out, like was mentioned above grabbing you immediately after the rock attack is oof.
Vorafillyia
New to the forum

Postby reclusenutcase » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:14 pm

The artist, Bamboogecko, sent me an in progress image of the Celestia doll she's building for the boss. Since the Boss won't be added for awhile, I thought I'd send you the image as something to look forward to. I think she's coming out really well.

95100659_1145442549142741_4882266711807492096_n.png
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vorafillyia » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:20 am

reclusenutcase wrote:The artist, Bamboogecko, sent me an in progress image of the Celestia doll she's building for the boss. Since the Boss won't be added for awhile, I thought I'd send you the image as something to look forward to. I think she's coming out really well.

It looks good!

so it's a doll, not actually celestia?
Vorafillyia
New to the forum

Postby reclusenutcase » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:06 am

Vorafillyia wrote:
reclusenutcase wrote:The artist, Bamboogecko, sent me an in progress image of the Celestia doll she's building for the boss. Since the Boss won't be added for awhile, I thought I'd send you the image as something to look forward to. I think she's coming out really well.

It looks good!

so it's a doll, not actually celestia?

Oh no, it's gonna be Celestia alright. I refer to any of the characters I'll be animating as dolls since I have to part them out similar to that of a paper doll before animating.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dagar » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:20 pm

I'm always looking forward to updates on this. ^_^ A note of the difficulty after having played it a few (( More than a few )) times is that it's actually rather easy once you are aware of the counters. Be prepared for a charge shot between animations to watch for the closed eyes (( Quickest tell of the grab attack )) and just block the rocks as they come down. The circle movements to dodge the drones, it all works out nicely to get no-hit runs, and get some unique dialogue for doing well for too long. "Finally got a hit!" and complaining about her aim was nice touches.
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Talon13 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:26 am

I'm not really a fan of MLP stuff, but a game of this type, while simple in gameplay, has a TON of potential too it and I can't wait to see what's done with it. My only gripe is that the charg needs to be a biiiit faster since it's hard to react properly react to the grab, especially if you're going on the offensive between hornswipes.
Talon13
Participator

Postby CartoonVore » Fri May 08, 2020 4:36 pm

This game is overall outstanding for something so small.

The difficulty is right where it should be. You could play indefinitely as long as you keep avoiding/blocking her attacks. I also like the added touch of abilities that are easy to avoid being extremely punishing to the shield, and attacks like the rock barrage barely taking away from it.

My first suggestion is ripping a mechanic from Star Fox 64. In that game, if you press and hold the fire button, you shot multiple shots, but you must keep pressing it at a good and disciplined pace to maintain your maximum speed. This game tired out my clicking finger after a while, and I think that mechanic would let me maintain my attack speed without having to mash the mouse button so hard.

I would also like to see an option to replay the ending once you beat it. It would be a good reward to players who have the persistence to beat this challenging fight.

Overall, excellent, and I hope for more bosses in the future!
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby SkwovetOps » Wed May 13, 2020 9:01 am

Okay so overall I think this game is overall quite enjoyable but I have a few bug reports and general suggestions.

1) The Grab attack seems a bit too powerful, I'd had moments where I'd be almost a nanosecond off and it would still take my health I think you should be able to power attack during any phase of the grab and it should break you out but instead make the life drain be a gradual process instead of a block of health so it can be interrupted. I also found that she would often perform a double grab with made healing her very likely and was quite frustrating and in another instance she managed to life drain me WITHOUT grabbing me so that tilted the hell out of me.

2) I noticed with how the laser checks for damage it seems to deal a absurdly high amount if you happen to be in the corners of the map, I believe this is unintentional as anywhere else is deals a more reasonable amount of damage.

3) the control style isn't entirely comfortable, having to mash the left mouse for DPS and charge with the same button is an issue, I think if you removed the Aiming and instead had the player projectiles fly in a straight line in a more Gladius style I think it would be more comfortable and all the keys can then be mapped to the keyboard instead so I could use WSAD and then hold down I for basic shots O for shield and P to do a charge shot instead. as it stands it feels as though the game is way more suited to a controller than a keyboard since you could aim and fire Contra or Cuphead style.

Regardless this is still a very solid game with a hard expectation of the player, I did manage to beat it after 5-6 attempts and overall the concept and execution is well done but needs some tweaks here and there, I look forward to seeing future updates.
SkwovetOps
New to the forum

Postby Halowinner » Wed May 13, 2020 9:52 pm

hmm im not sure i gotten all the messages she says is there anyway to find there data?
Halowinner
Participator

Postby Halowinner » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:19 am

sorry for necro but is this even being worked on still?
Halowinner
Participator

Postby reclusenutcase » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:43 am

Halowinner wrote:sorry for necro but is this even being worked on still?

I have intentions to get Celestia up and running, but I'm doing a last update to 3 days to digest, and also working on getting a steam game out soon too. Both have bogged scheduling for twilight vs.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:11 am

Glad to hear it's still being worked on. Definitely a favorite for me.
empatheticapathy
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game