Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta Release

Postby Wollffett » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:57 pm

I was wondering if anyone could create a walkthrough so that way people can see if they missed anything i would, but i miss the most obvious things so i wouldnt be a good person to make it
Wollffett
Participator

Postby gamer210 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:13 pm

you mean list of side content main story is almost unmissable side stuff in these games not always so clear
gamer210
Somewhat familiar

Postby GrayLotus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:34 pm

Wollffett wrote:I was wondering if anyone could create a walkthrough so that way people can see if they missed anything i would, but i miss the most obvious things so i wouldnt be a good person to make it

There's already a guide included in the download links. It's in the same folder on MEGA and Mediafire as the .zip files of the game.
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Wollffett » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:13 am

welp like i said i miss the most obvious things
Wollffett
Participator

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v7 out April 14th)

Postby GooInABox » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Okay, I think version 7 is ready. The files are currently uploading, but it's going to take some time to complete the upload. I believe the MediaFire link should be the first to have the Windows version of the game ready. All the changes have been discussed and are available in the change log, but here's the rundown:
-Bigger game window
-Bigger images
-Reduced file size
-New player model
-More save files
-Probably a bunch of bugs and oversights.

I did a short playtest of the game to make sure most the images were the size they should be, but if you see an image that is really tiny or out of place please let me know where and I'll fix it. The same goes for any other bugs as usual.

Enjoy!
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:52 pm

Do you mind if I ask how long it took you to set up the world and figure out game mechanics?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KHLover » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:18 pm

I noticed that if you decline having sex with Rosa, the text acts as if you have Lili with you, even if you don't.
KHLover
Somewhat familiar

Postby GooInABox » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:07 pm

KHLover wrote:I noticed that if you decline having sex with Rosa, the text acts as if you have Lili with you, even if you don't.

Thank you for finding that! The fix will roll out whenever the next version comes out.

Slayerhero90 wrote:Do you mind if I ask how long it took you to set up the world and figure out game mechanics?

In all honesty, I'm still developing and figuring out both even now. I started this game on a sticky-note about 18 months ago by drawing a rough outline of the Vindas islands and the progression the player would be traveling (from city to city, chapter to chapter, one half of the islands to the other). I then started a rough demo in the free version of RPG Maker VX until I realized how limited the demo was in terms of events, and then I just waited for MV to go on sale before I bought it and started recreating my early demo (which is now the first half of Chapter 0). From there, I just kept on adding stuff and eventually figured out what Chapter 1 was going to be about. All the game mechanics have undergone revision several times and probably will undergo more revisions. For example, I first had NPCs give set stat bonuses like God Complex (+20 HP, +7 luck, +5 Defense, etc), but then I decided to trade that out for the soul point system as it would be less arbitrary and give the player more control, and even that system is going to be slightly revised in the future with a slight nerf and the addition of skill checks in Chapter 2. As far as the balance goes, well, I'm still trying to find it.

In terms of lore, I just picked my preferences and tried to imagine how a society with those sets of rules would develop. I've revised the lore several times before the initial release, such as adding the Xiani as a source of recent turmoil in Vindas and adding a couple of new species (which is mostly limited by what images I can create with Honey Select). I don't have all the chapters/towns planned out, but I've got ideas for some of them and they all need to support (or at least not go against) the final ending that I'm still planning. Chapter 2 is going to take place in Frost, Chapter 3 is going to be in Centria City, and there might be a mini-chapter in the town of Hili that isn't part of the main story line and could be skipped by the player. I don't want to plan too far ahead in detail just in case something changes, but I'm not making things up entirely from scratch as I go either.

It took me about a year and a half to get to this point, and I'm expecting this game to take a very long time to complete, maybe even a decade or more. Obviously with the real world being in flux and IRL events happening, anything could happen in terms of development. I've mostly been working on this game solo with feedback from this community, so I guess we'll all see where this ship sails.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:25 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've been banging together a game of my own for the past couple months and was feeling like I was working too slow for only having a big lore doc and just one actual character evented out.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:18 pm

Bug report! After eating the elf at the beginning and releasing her, the picture ends up tiny and in the corner. Not full-screen likeit should be.

Also, hopping the fence and talking to the cowgirls also yields the same thing.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Zond » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:25 am

The main character's nipples look terrible(
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:46 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Bug report! After eating the elf at the beginning and releasing her, the picture ends up tiny and in the corner. Not full-screen likeit should be.

Also, hopping the fence and talking to the cowgirls also yields the same thing.

Thanks for finding those! After I performed the image compression, every image ended up like that and I had to go through the game and manually scale everything back up. I'll deploy a new version soon with the fix.

Zond wrote:The main character's nipples look terrible(

I know, but for now the worst distortions of the nipples don't show up with the current amount of available growth; there's only about 40 or so available meals in Chapter 1, and the worst of the nipple distortions don't make themselves apparent until after the 50th or 60th weight gain stage or so. What the player is able to see in a normal play through is fine for now, unless you're talking about something like the overall color or texture for all the nipples.

I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to go back and redo the player images again. I think I know of a way to get the nipples to look like...nipples, but it's complicated I don't want to make the changes until after Chapter 1 is completed, otherwise I would be spending months redoing old content and never making any forward progress. 400 images is not something I can take care of in a single afternoon or two.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby hexall90 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:08 am

Just wanted to say that I am quite impressed with this game. Really enjoyed it. Hope to see more futa girls in the future.
And I agree, it's better to go forward with the development, than to fix a minor graphical issue. Good luck!
hexall90
New to the forum

Postby Kavvanshrike » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:53 pm

looking through the images folder I noticed that manda can have an extra cup size even larger than if she eats lillith, now i tried getting eaten and these extra bust images don't get used there...sooooo who's the other victim?
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby GooInABox » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:09 pm

Kavvanshrike wrote:looking through the images folder I noticed that manda can have an extra cup size even larger than if she eats lillith, now i tried getting eaten and these extra bust images don't get used there...sooooo who's the other victim?

Those are just leftover images from before I fully planned out Manda's scenes. The original idea was to have an extra scene right after she eats the player where someone walks into the bar and that extra image shows up. However, I decided to cut the scene short just after the main character is digested so those images are never used.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby anthill33 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:39 pm

i cant wait to see how far this game goes.
anthill33
New to the forum

Postby Kavvanshrike » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:00 am

GooInABox wrote:
Kavvanshrike wrote:looking through the images folder I noticed that manda can have an extra cup size even larger than if she eats lillith, now i tried getting eaten and these extra bust images don't get used there...sooooo who's the other victim?

Those are just leftover images from before I fully planned out Manda's scenes. The original idea was to have an extra scene right after she eats the player where someone walks into the bar and that extra image shows up. However, I decided to cut the scene short just after the main character is digested so those images are never used.

ah that makes sense, I had guessed that it had something to do with the tavern wench asking for a raise after manda was more receptive and hoped there was some secret to getting the event to trigger, my mistake.
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby No-One » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:32 pm

Can you eat anyone now that you couldn't before?

Also, at some point I should probably not eat the girl in the church and actually try bringing her with me, I guess.
No-One
Participator

Postby Azirovka » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:15 am

No-One wrote:Can you eat anyone now that you couldn't before?

Also, at some point I should probably not eat the girl in the church and actually try bringing her with me, I guess.

Nope, there are no new scenes in this update.
And Lilith is so much fun to have around :D .
Azirovka
Participator

Postby Adas » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:44 am

Hi, i am amazed with your work (and can't wait for the new update)
Bugs, i find: tiny pictures during a second meeting with heal pills girl and during a walk with Maybell.
And if you have 10 milk bottles and complete kitty's quest when first meet her, you can recieve and complete this quest again.
Also one proposal: you can increase the number of battles if the opponents will not have a soul or soul power (like Vindas elves in smith\bar)
Have you thought about patreon?
Adas
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game