Voragochi Demo | Version 0.1b | Patreon 0.2

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

How should I handle income?

Have minigames in the town to increase fame, after reaching enough fame, your income increases
65%
Have minigames that directly give you money when you win
35%

Total votes : 225

Re: Voragochi Demo | Version 0.1b | Patreon 0.2

Postby Hansony » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:30 am

So the "new game" was pretty much just a "while I cant' work on this anyway" type deal and not a case of dropping this game or making it into an RPG maker game like some were worried about.
There is a new thread up now (to days ago from when I post this)here about that game.
Leaving this comment simply so others don't get too worried when they check this thread.
Oh also let's keep talk about this game here and the other game there, it's understandable that people have asked the dev questions over there as they were responding in that thread but haven't seemed to be active here, but lets assume they will be responding when they have the time and not clutter threads with unrelated stuff.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby J3DGTS » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:53 am

AnonymousRandomAnon wrote:You don't even need to be a patron, TBH. The goofball put the link to the patron version in the preview text for the post.
0.2 is buggy as hell and I'd definitely recommend skipping it, paid for or otherwise.

Reason the link is there is cuz patreon version is actually at like 0.3 now. Regardless, patreon was supposed to get the game a week earlier, its been way past a week, so its fine either way. Again, just to be clear, I'm not ditching this game to "make an irrelevant RPG maker game" the issue is, my asset maker is crazy busy irl right now, so I had no other choice. I didn't want to waste time, so I'm just working on a little side project. I still have many plans for this game. Updating this thread is just not one of my priorities right now, and I hope you can understand that

Hansony wrote:So the "new game" was pretty much just a "while I cant' work on this anyway" type deal and not a case of dropping this game or making it into an RPG maker game like some were worried about.
There is a new thread up now (to days ago from when I post this)here about that game.
Leaving this comment simply so others don't get too worried when they check this thread.
Oh also let's keep talk about this game here and the other game there, it's understandable that people have asked the dev questions over there as they were responding in that thread but haven't seemed to be active here, but lets assume they will be responding when they have the time and not clutter threads with unrelated stuff.

Thanks for posting this
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:42 am

I meant it pretty literally. Back when 0.2 released for patrons, long before 0.3 was even on the drawing table, you had (and currently have) the link to the patron-exclusive version right in the preview text for the post, so we didn't even need to be a patron to download the game's paywalled version. Obviously we can't click the link, but typing in that URL manually into our browser works fine.

The main reason I recommended skipping it in the first place is because the exclusive version is just the public version, but with a pretty town screen and a whole lot of softlocks. I repeat, 0.2 is objectively worse than 0.1. I would've helped report those bugs, but I'm not actually a patron and I figure by the time 0.2 hits public, 0.3 will probably fix those glitches.

I suppose that's also kind of a double-edged sword with this type of release schedule on Patreon, anyway, most devs (hopefully not you) will paywall the newest version, regardless of bugs, so one month, the Patrons end up paying for some literally unplayable version, then the next update hits that fixes that version, but the bugged game still opens to the public and nobody can report bugs there because they're likely fixed in the paid version; the best devs (although unrealistic) will either withhold especially bad releases, or will actually do a quick bugfix pass on the public version.
Definitely the number one issue I have with Monster Girl Garden and Slave Bar, the public versions are literally about 6 releases behind, so there's this gigantic wall of unfixed bugs and placeholders (can you believe MGG has locked resolutions, NONE of which are the standard ones? There isn't even a 1920x1080 option! The rumor is that the newest version finally fixes that, but that's months, if not years, from hitting the public version.)

(Let me know if I should delete the picture I posted, I'll take it down quickly.)
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby J3DGTS » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:19 pm

AnonymousRandomAnon wrote:[ https://i.imgur.com/S1ANsb3.png ]
I meant it pretty literally. Back when 0.2 released for patrons, long before 0.3 was even on the drawing table, you had (and currently have) the link to the patron-exclusive version right in the preview text for the post, so we didn't even need to be a patron to download the game's paywalled version. Obviously we can't click the link, but typing in that URL manually into our browser works fine.

The main reason I recommended skipping it in the first place is because the exclusive version is just the public version, but with a pretty town screen and a whole lot of softlocks. I repeat, 0.2 is objectively worse than 0.1. I would've helped report those bugs, but I'm not actually a patron and I figure by the time 0.2 hits public, 0.3 will probably fix those glitches.

I suppose that's also kind of a double-edged sword with this type of release schedule on Patreon, anyway, most devs (hopefully not you) will paywall the newest version, regardless of bugs, so one month, the Patrons end up paying for some literally unplayable version, then the next update hits that fixes that version, but the bugged game still opens to the public and nobody can report bugs there because they're likely fixed in the paid version; the best devs (although unrealistic) will either withhold especially bad releases, or will actually do a quick bugfix pass on the public version.
Definitely the number one issue I have with Monster Girl Garden and Slave Bar, the public versions are literally about 6 releases behind, so there's this gigantic wall of unfixed bugs and placeholders (can you believe MGG has locked resolutions, NONE of which are the standard ones? There isn't even a 1920x1080 option! The rumor is that the newest version finally fixes that, but that's months, if not years, from hitting the public version.)

(Let me know if I should delete the picture I posted, I'll take it down quickly.)

Leave the picture up, that version should be free by now anyway. I've just been increasingly lazy to update this thread, and I apologize for that. I just have a lot on my plate right now. Working on a game, actual work (during covid times), and applying for post-secondary. I don't have a lot of time to do the things I'd like to do. Anyway, in terms of what I plan to do for patreon only content, it's likely going to be just voiceovers and early releases. I doubt I'll ever make releases months late for the free version. Reason I charge in the first place is because I have a lot of stuff to pay for in order to develop this game, the biggest being my sprite artist. He's likely going to stop working with me soon due to his schedule, so I'll have to find someone new, and who knows how long that'll take. Anyway, my current job is only seasonal, so hopefully, by the end of july, I'll have a lot more time to work on the game and get some good updates out.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby bearlord42 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:04 am

I hope the game is still being developed.
bearlord42
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:13 am

bearlord42 wrote:I hope the game is still being developed.

Likely so, the dev did say that despite not updating the game much he doesn't intend on dropping it, long story short they blocked on their development so they started a side project to do something else until they can get back to this.
It will most likely take a long time too.
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby Iudex » Mon May 24, 2021 3:58 pm

Excited to see any news on this
Iudex
New to the forum

Postby StarLight229 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:41 pm

this game is very interesting, a shame that i can't help with the art as i'm not a good artist. I'd love to try and help with code tho
StarLight229
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:04 am

Zbeubyx wrote:
bearlord42 wrote:I hope the game is still being developed.

Likely so, the dev did say that despite not updating the game much he doesn't intend on dropping it, long story short they blocked on their development so they started a side project to do something else until they can get back to this.
It will most likely take a long time too.

I hope we learn what that other project is so we can follow it too.
Turbotowns
???

Previous

Return to Vore game